Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

VelociBacon posted:

Reached lvl 30 but my lvl 30 action is greyed out still. Do I have to go train this somewhere or do I get it from the lvl 30 class quest? Thanks.

They changed some abilities and skill around when Stormblood launched. Any abilities that are grey with a red line through them no longer exist, or no longer exist in their previous form (ex.: Fracture no longer exists, and Provoke is now a role action and not a Gladiator ability). Open your Abilities window and you can find all of your job actions, which are your current abilities, and your role actions, which you can swap in and out from a list based on your role (either tank, melee DPS, ranged DPS, magical DPS, or healer).

If you mean Shield Swipe, specifically, that's only usable after you block so it's faded most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

VelociBacon posted:

I'm not in Excal sadly. I'm figuring it out with a buddy though. I'm a 29 guardian so I guess I should be happy a few roulettes and I can pally up.

A what now?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I want to think he means "Gladiator".

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

a guardiator

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

You usually get an action from finishing the class quest, yes.

You get actions at 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60, and 70.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Yes, guardinator!

Here's what I mean - Shield Swipe is greyed out and I can't move it to my bars despite being lvl 30.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

VelociBacon posted:

Yes, guardinator!

Here's what I mean - Shield Swipe is greyed out and I can't move it to my bars despite being lvl 30.

You need to complete a quest (this one)

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Shy posted:

You need to complete a quest (this one)

Is my main scenario quest that I got at lvl 30 going to take me to that quest or is it a gladiator specific thing I should go do? Thanks.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

VelociBacon posted:

Is my main scenario quest that I got at lvl 30 going to take me to that quest or is it a gladiator specific thing I should go do? Thanks.

It's a gladiator specific quest. If I remember correctly one of your early msq (level 1 or so) should've led you to the gladiators guild. Mylla is a guild leader and she'll give you some quests every 5 levels at 1-30.

These quests aren't msq but they are marked with a plus sign (meaning the quest unlocks something)

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Shy posted:

It's a gladiator specific quest. If I remember correctly one of your early msq (level 1 or so) should've led you to the gladiators guild. Mylla is a guild leader and she'll give you some quests every 5 levels at 1-30.

I was probably doing them years ago I just stopped playing for so long I forgot all of this. I'll head over and do that though, cheers.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Oh, keep in mind that after you complete this level 30 quest another level 30 quest will pop up in the gladiators guild that you need to take, it's given not by Mylla but somewhere on reception. That quest will make you a Paladin and will reward another skill.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Found some more screenshots of this:

Alder posted:

Yet another FF outfit design that looked decent on paper but in-game look awkward since the colors clash so much.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The jacket is kind of cute but the boots are just awful.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I wanna be chinese knockoff Sora and Kairi so freakin bad.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It'll either be an O2 promo or Mog shop item at some point
They didn't do this for the maid gear etc. yet so I sort of wouldn't count on it.

ImpAtom posted:

The jacket is kind of cute but the boots are just awful.
"boots"

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

orcane posted:

They didn't do this for the maid gear etc. yet so I sort of wouldn't count on it.

The maid gear was literally an O2 promo last month http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/e17c725cd56dcedd5005fbfe43bdf682330cf559

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

shame i don't have o2 or an unlocked phone so i couldn't get it

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
My static finally hit O3S enrage last night. 7% with multiple deaths and we were missing our SAM. With any luck next week will be the clear.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Oh I didn't know that, since I'm not in the UK. It didn't show up on mogstation though, which is what everyone was implying as they were waiting forever for the European promos to trickle out originally, and now again as there's no indication they will even continue the cloud mount one.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

vOv posted:

You get actions at 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60, and 70.

Also at 15 unless they changed that with SB. Also to be clear, this is actions from quests, above and beyond the ones you get automatically by gaining levels.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
And sometimes you get a skill from gaining a levels and a skill from job quests on the same level

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Can somebody tell me which WAR abilities properly mitigate a tankbuster? I think I was doing things wrong trying to mitigate Stormsplitter in Susano EX last night. I was trying to stack Rampart with Inner Beast, which would be 40% damage reduction, correct?

Also, what is the proper role skill loadout for trials/raids? I'm using Shirk/Provoke/Rampart/Anticipation/Convalescence.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Found some more screenshots of this:

On one hand, I'm glad I won't have to see people running around in this travesty for a long time yet because if they do bring it to our mogshop, it's a long time from now.

On the other, valuable dev time for armour sets wasted on these instead of something good.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Vargatron posted:

Can somebody tell me which WAR abilities properly mitigate a tankbuster? I think I was doing things wrong trying to mitigate Stormsplitter in Susano EX last night. I was trying to stack Rampart with Inner Beast, which would be 40% damage reduction, correct?

Also, what is the proper role skill loadout for trials/raids? I'm using Shirk/Provoke/Rampart/Anticipation/Convalescence.

In Susan EX either of your damage reducing cooldowns (Rampart/Vengeance/Inner Beast if you're in Defiance) on their own should see you live through stormsplitter. I usually press Vengeance for every one since it comes back in time with the swaps, and that's with doing the entire fight in Deliverance.

I'm willing to wager you maybe didn't hit them soon enough, or too soon in Inner Beast's case, or your healers weren't keeping you topped off from background damage.

I'd drop Convalescence for Reprisal. It doesn't affect as many incoming heals as it really should and Reprisal is the only thing Warrior gets to assist the party.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Aug 21, 2017

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Shere posted:

In Susan EX either of your damage reducing cooldowns (Rampart/Vengeance/Inner Beast if you're in Defiance) on their own should see you live through stormsplitter. I usually press Vengeance for every one since it comes back in time with the swaps, and that's with doing the entire fight in Deliverance.

I'm willing to wager you maybe didn't hit them soon enough, or too soon in Inner Beast's case, or your healers weren't keeping you topped off from background damage.

I'd drop Convalescence for Reprisal. It doesn't affect as many incoming heals as it really should and Reprisal is the only thing Warrior gets to assist the party.

I think it was more of a healer issue because as soon as I engaged Susano I dropped to like 5000 health even after popping Rampart and Inner Beast on pull. I'll swap out to reprisal and see how that goes next fight.

Problem is that I'm trying to pug into these EX groups and it's very hit and miss naturally. I'm at ilevel 313 so gear isn't an issue. Funny thing is, the first time I tanked Susano EX was with a goon group and we one shot him.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Vargatron posted:

I think it was more of a healer issue because as soon as I engaged Susano I dropped to like 5000 health even after popping Rampart and Inner Beast on pull. I'll swap out to reprisal and see how that goes next fight.

Problem is that I'm trying to pug into these EX groups and it's very hit and miss naturally. I'm at ilevel 313 so gear isn't an issue. Funny thing is, the first time I tanked Susano EX was with a goon group and we one shot him.

Susano Ex has a kind of stealth tankbuster that gets mixed in between some of his auto attacks in the first part of the fight (it's an instant cast cleave so the only tell is that you suddenly take a poo poo ton of damage). If your dps know the fight, having them use Feint at the right times helps a lot too.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

I paid like fifteen quid for magazines and then they do this and don't even bother to notify customers? :mad:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My bro gave me a maid outfit code out of the blue and he's not the kind of person who would check up on that kind of thing being available so I can only imagine that some kind of notification was made.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Velthice posted:

I find healers that want to sit back and do nothing but dps are usually terrible at both, so my ideal runs as a healer involve both solo healing everything and doing more dps than the other healer, because it just isn't really fun any other way imo

and then you get no comms for being pro as gently caress

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
maybe i'm just maturing as a healer or something idk, but it feels like this raid tier doesn't contain any "lol :fuckoff:" tankbusters like uplander doom or perpetual ray or holy scourge. much more aoe healing focused, and o4s in particular tests tank enmity management in a way that we haven't really seen before.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Making enmity actually matter for once is super cool and I hope they do it more in the future.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

On one hand, I'm glad I won't have to see people running around in this travesty for a long time yet because if they do bring it to our mogshop, it's a long time from now.

On the other, valuable dev time for armour sets wasted on these instead of something good.

Yeah, where are my male bunny suits? Also, game dev ... has different branches... not like everyone on SE is going to work on FFXV DLC and ignore FFXIV events.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

WrightOfWay posted:

Making enmity actually matter for once is super cool and I hope they do it more in the future.

As a non-raider I'd like to see enmity matter more in all content so I don't feel like I'm being told to take Shield Oath off my bar.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

As a non-raider I'd like to see enmity matter more in all content so I don't feel like I'm being told to take Shield Oath off my bar.

I scared the poo poo out of one guy in our casual raid group when I told him to stop using his tanking stance after we tank swapped.

Then I revealed that I don't even look at grit for o1s and only have it on for the first 20 seconds of o2s (there is an early tank swap in that fight and the stars never align for shirk to be up again for it else I wouldn't use it there either)

Tank stances are for chumps :getin:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

We don't have a ninja so i'll have shield oath on to start 1.0 & 2.0S but that's it for those. 3.0S i usually stay in shield oath the whole fight to make life easier on the healers and my damage loss is negligent.

4.0 part 1 i'm only in shield oath for the first rage and then sword oath for the remainder.

I also don't have my sword because i lost a week of playing and so did a healer so i let him have the tomestone since he needs the HP more. I'll get mine tomorrow.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Our paladin gave our white mage priority for a 340 weapon also, and let me tell you, that's caused the two of them no end of grief while progressing in NED. I've never seen so many tankbusters land on a healer in my life.

e: for people on the fence about trying it: you can indeed scam those aero/earthshaker combos with cover and i highly recommend doing so

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Haquer posted:

I scared the poo poo out of one guy in our casual raid group when I told him to stop using his tanking stance after we tank swapped.

Then I revealed that I don't even look at grit for o1s and only have it on for the first 20 seconds of o2s (there is an early tank swap in that fight and the stars never align for shirk to be up again for it else I wouldn't use it there either)

Tank stances are for chumps :getin:

I pride myself in ripping the boss off you at the pull of o2s then kickflipping away to wipe the group when 100gs is casted. That 150 potency is vital.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
Saturday is a weird day to start an event.