Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i'm looking forward to twin peaks season 7 in which all the original actors have died or moved on and it's just a room full of Lynch's weird sculptures having cryptic conversations with each other for 18 hours.
I too look forward to Lynch's adaptation of Nier: Automata.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i'm looking forward to twin peaks season 7 in which all the original actors have died or moved on and it's just a room full of Lynch's weird sculptures having cryptic conversations with each other for 18 hours.

I'm in.

Also were the subtitles for the Steven/Gretchen scene really that incorrect? I don't remember hearing conflicting audio.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

DevCore posted:

I'm in.

Also were the subtitles for the Steven/Gretchen scene really that incorrect? I don't remember hearing conflicting audio.

Here is a preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5SHjEdJ87g

If those subtitles are indeed correct, then I'm surprised to say that I actually got all of that. It was really a lot of rambling nonsense, after all. Definitely improved by passionate kissing, crying and gun waving, though. :v:

edit: What kind of name is Gersten, anyway? Sounds like someone mispronouncing Kirsten. It also means barley in German, so there's that.

And More fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 21, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Your Parents posted:

STEVEN: (inhales sharply)
GRETCHEN: Why?
STEVEN: There is no why. I did do it.
GRETCHEN: No. No, she did it. She did it.
STEVEN: I can't. No. I did it. (breathing heavily)
GRETCHEN: No. No, Steven. Steven, stop it. You didn't do anything, OK? You were loving stoned. What the gently caress did she give you? Give me the gun.

This to me reads like Steven killed Becky and Gersten (not Gretchen haha) is trying to convince him that she brought it on herself or something

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012

Am I imagining things, or does the FBI elevator use the same numbering font as the electrical pole and the device Cooper travels through from the Purple Room?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Mike Danger posted:

Am I imagining things, or does the FBI elevator use the same numbering font as the electrical pole and the device Cooper travels through from the Purple Room?

That 7 doesn't seem nearly sharp enough to be in the same font as the 1, but I don't know much about that stuff in the first place, so :shrug:

edit: I think they all look like different fonts, honestly. Even the 3 and the 15 seem completely different.

And More fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 21, 2017

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
david bowie turned into a teapot. did i see that right or was i high. i can no longer tell with this show.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

God bless.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh geez, that wooden lever :swoon:

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Getting in on this before it's run into the ground.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
After that ep I think all the roadhouse vignettes that close episodes are showing the effects of this hot new drug in town. Everyone is acting really strangely in them in a way that suggest they may be rolling.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Richard Horne is named after his daddy

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I love the way Frank types.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Cromulent posted:

I also had trouble understanding the dialogue in the Hutch/Chantal scene, anyone else have that problem?
Yeah I only ever get like a third of what they're saying. I also had hearing problems during the big Sunset Boulevard scene and completely missed that there was a call for Gordon Cole. Kind of not the best way to see that scene but MacLachlan makes it so obvious things are falling into place in Coop's head that I still got it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BH7yDBQaS8

syncs up, similar to naido and the experiment chopping poo poo up.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I thought naido/mother was a stretch, this I don't buy at all. The two scenes are started at random points halfway through and not much even really syncs up (though I did have audio off).

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Can someone post the leaked/translated synopsis for last night's episode? Not interested in getting spoiled for the upcoming ones, but I'm curious as to how accurate/descriptive they were for ep 15.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Cromulent posted:

Can someone post the leaked/translated synopsis for last night's episode? Not interested in getting spoiled for the upcoming ones, but I'm curious as to how accurate/descriptive they were for ep 15.

haven't got a link but they were super loving accurate but not very descriptive "log lady calls hawk for the last time" and "cooper meets jefferies"

that said, don't look at the later episodes ones, they just raise even more wtf questions.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I remember it started with "Nadine leaves Ed" but that's it

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Your Parents fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Aug 21, 2017

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

One complaint I did have was that they never inducted Bobby into the Bookhouse Boys Club. He's clearly already fighting the forces of evil in the forrest, he deserves to be a member.

The Walrus posted:

I thought naido/mother was a stretch, this I don't buy at all. The two scenes are started at random points halfway through and not much even really syncs up (though I did have audio off).

I actually thought this was a better sync than the Naido/Mother one.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I missed Naido/Mother, what is that?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Escobarbarian posted:

I think Jeffries just mistook him for the doppelgänger because he is unstuck in time. This episode stresses that that meeting happened in 89, and I definitely don't think Coop there is intended to be a time-travelling doppelgänger haha

It's worth noting Laura died in February 89. Do we have a specific month for the Jeffries scene in FWWM? I always assumed that was part of the 'sequel' aspect of the movie, but season 3 tells us dopple Coop disappeared from Twin Peaks without pretending to be Coop for very long.

So the FWWM scene would have been just before he left for TP, yeah? Either way Jeffries is clearly lost in time in some way, so he either thinks that Cooper was the bad one because he met him earlier (later), or he simply knew that Cooper would become a dopple or w/e.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

I missed Naido/Mother, what is that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-BDU-TvlTg

i dont see how anyone thinks its a loving stretch tho considering the same sound effect is used at the same moment and everything in this series is intentional but lol who cares at this point.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 21, 2017

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

esperterra posted:

It's worth noting Laura died in February 89. Do we have a specific month for the Jeffries scene in FWWM? I always assumed that was part of the 'sequel' aspect of the movie, but season 3 tells us dopple Coop disappeared from Twin Peaks without pretending to be Coop for very long.

So the FWWM scene would have been just before he left for TP, yeah? Either way Jeffries is clearly lost in time in some way, so he either thinks that Cooper was the bad one because he met him earlier (later), or he simply knew that Cooper would become a dopple or w/e.

that 1989 jefferies scene is in february, cooper mentions the date before it happens, i think it was 10th? but yeah before he goes to twin peaks. cant remember the exact day.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
ed's getting laid

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

So, a lot of interesting and weird stuff happened today, but I think know what the real take away from tonight was:

Ed and Norma.

ED AND NORMA!

ED AND NORMA!!!

It finally happened!!

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 21, 2017

head58
Apr 1, 2013

multijoe posted:

So, a lot of interesting and weird stuff happened today, but I think know what the real take away from tonight way:

Ed and Norma.

ED AND NORMA!

ED AND NORMA!!!

It finally happened!!

Next episode: the drugs Jacobi gave Nadine wear off and she can't remember anything from the past 24 hours, Ed sighs and goes back to her.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Vikar Jerome posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-BDU-TvlTg

i dont see how anyone thinks its a loving stretch tho considering the same sound effect is used at the same moment and everything in this series is intentional but lol who cares at this point.

because that sound effect is used *constantly* through this series and i was wrong, that comparison starts mid-scene just like the crawling cooper one. It's just a cool coincidence.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

head58 posted:

Next episode: the drugs Jacobi gave Nadine wear off and she can't remember anything from the past 24 hours, Ed sighs and goes back to her.

Actually Nadine and OPM are going to team up to clown on Bad Coop and Richard and Big Ed is going to repeatedly have sex with the best looking pensioner on the face of the planet

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
lol nobody has pensions in america.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

lol nobody has pensions in america.

I'm sure the dinner is doing very well and Norma is living comfortably

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I'm probably completely wrong here, but for me this season seems like it's more for David Lynch fans and people who liked FWWM then it is for simple folk like me who liked the original series

I didn't like FWWM for what it's worth. It was too weird for me and completely missed the tone of the original show, yet had the same characters

That's how this season feels

Maybe I'm just retarded though

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's totally fine if this show isn't for you. Don't let some of the attitudes in this thread make you think otherwise.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I'm probably completely wrong here, but for me this season seems like it's more for David Lynch fans and people who liked FWWM then it is for simple folk like me who liked the original series

I didn't like FWWM for what it's worth. It was too weird for me and completely missed the tone of the original show, yet had the same characters

That's how this season feels

Maybe I'm just retarded though

I hope you get your coffee and cherry pie ... in hell, loser! :twisted:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The tone is definitely closer to FWWM than the original series, but it's hard to tell how much of that is intentionally following the movie's path or just peoples' tastes in television dramas changing over time.

Escobarbarian posted:

It's totally fine if this show isn't for you. Don't let some of the attitudes in this thread make you think otherwise.

I hardly ever see people ITT saying "you're dumb if you don't like this", when that comes up 99% of the time it is some rando saying "you're dumb if you do like this"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If anybody says they understand what's going on in this show they're a filthy scum liar

E: this may be entirely unrelated to whether that person likes the show or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

multijoe posted:

I hope you get your coffee and cherry pie ... in hell, loser! :twisted:

I don't even like coffee!

I did really like Ed and Norm finally getting together though that was sweet