Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Kart Barfunkel posted:

So do we know for sure that Trump did NOT blind himself today?

Just got off the phone with his personal doctor. Good news: not only is he not blind, he's actually gained the ability to see in ultraviolet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Worst he could have done is just seared some black spots into his vision, not full on blinded himself.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I can't believe you're doubting the resilience of the healthiest man ever to be president

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/evepeyser/status/899752873675956225

i quit

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I can just picture the outrage that would have resulted from Obama being such a poo poo example for kids.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ah a strategy of VietAghanistanization. I'm sure it'll work this time.

I honestly don't know what other options we have at this point. If we pull out the state is probably going to fail and then we have a bunch of us trailed soldiers wandering around with nothing to do, again, and we'd have another 9/11 eventually.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

a functioning state dept would probably be helpful

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I mean, it is completely against his statements from before (but then, what isn't) but I don't hate Trump for increasing the troop count. What I might hate him for is the completely hosed up policies he'll implement to try and seem effective over there. Like being harsher on civilians or whatever he'll come up with.

Honestly he might as well keep like the full 100k over there. At least that would be sort of sufficient to keep the Taliban down AND he'll become even more unpopular even quicker. All at the low cost of even more lives lost needlessly and even more money spent.

:smith:

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

QuoProQuid posted:

a functioning state dept would probably be helpful

Well The American People that weren't so /disgusted/ by the offered Fare /chose/ (after consuming a great deal of clandestine bought media, paid for by Putin, an elaborate ARG campagin) to afford a majority of electoral college votes to a candidate that's /incapable/ of constructing a functional state department so do you hate democracy or what traitor

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Aramis posted:

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I can just picture the outrage that would have resulted from Obama being such a poo poo example for kids.

God, just imagine if Obama had five kids from three different women

The amount of racist dogwhistles that would generate would have been insane

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

mango sentinel posted:

Worst he could have done is just seared some black spots into his vision, not full on blinded himself.
Yeah, but that will probably prevent him from a) reading teleprompters & b) tweeting, which is going to make his presidency going forward...interesting.

Also imagine future historians writing about a president who partially blinded himself on accident.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yeah, but that will probably prevent him from a) reading teleprompters & b) tweeting, which is going to make his presidency going forward...interesting.

Also imagine future historians writing about a president who partially blinded himself on accident.

I mean, we'll probably be reading about a president who got himself impeached on accident, so...

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
MSNBC just let a British man from Breitbart defend it for 15 minutes while talking in that all high-and-mighty intelligent British accent. They need to be tough around this stuff.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

DreamShipWrecked posted:

"Bro" is a gender neutral pronoun and no one can tell me differently.

If someone is your bro then they are your bro, regardless of sex, gender, or whatever.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

evilmiera posted:

but I don't hate Trump for increasing the troop count

you should hate Trump for increasing the troop count

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

yellowcar posted:

you should hate Trump for increasing the troop count

It wasn't even his idea. The generals just sat him down at Camp David and told him what they were going to do.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

for real, afghanistan has been ruled by a "government of national unity" since 2014 due to a disputed election. as part of the power-sharing agreement that the two sides decided upon, the united states promised to help the country hold a constitutional convention by 2016 and support some internal reforms meant to boost the government's credibility. that promise wasn't ever going to be an easy one, but supporting democratic reform is one of the state department's core functions.

increased military support is probably necessary in the short term, but it can't be a solution in and of itself. it can only create the political space necessary to reach a solution.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

QuoProQuid posted:

supporting democratic reform is one of the state department's core functions.

well, it was at least

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Can't go blind if you already are. :RollSafe:

Remember that he couldn't tell Kelly from Rudy Giuliani when Giuliani was in directly in front of him and Kelly was beside him?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Cingulate posted:

I have no idea what you're trying to say. And cause I have a phd in linguistics, it means its your fault

Now you're kinda getting it, but you don't have to bring up the phd to make fun of someone. Relax and let the scorn flow through you.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

QuoProQuid posted:

but supporting democratic reform is was one of the state department's core functions.

You seem to be behind the times...

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/344751-state-dept-weighs-removing-democracy-promotion-from-mission-statement

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

https://twitter.com/gilbertjasono/status/899670185464000512

This is a thing that actually might happen.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

TRUMP is a star

https://twitter.com/AHSFX/status/899662507144433666

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

v excited for jessica lange to play jim gilmore this season

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Well would you look at that.
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/899777146964643842
The good justice Gorsuch is a crook.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Office Pig posted:

Well would you look at that.
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/899777146964643842
The good justice Gorsuch is a crook.

Hahahaha like it matters at this point :suicide:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

follow your leader, t_d

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

WTF, I'm agreeing with a Breitbart article?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

tomapot posted:

WTF, I'm agreeing with a Breitbart article?

It's so easy to see that this is a butthurt Bannon talking. The crazy thing is that more troops is actually the better solution compared to his, which was to give Afghanistan to Blackwater.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Donald Trump is... Fat Daredevil

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Patton Oswalt did an interview with Playboy, and gave some interesting thoughts about Trump

http://www.playboy.com/articles/playboy-interview-patton-oswalt

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

bannon's strategy was to privatize the war, which is about one margaret atwood novel away from being the plot of next year's dystopian thriller

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Patton Oswalt did an interview with Playboy, and gave some interesting thoughts about Trump

http://www.playboy.com/articles/playboy-interview-patton-oswalt

I only read Playboy for the pictures.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Pakled posted:

God, just imagine if Obama had five kids from three different women

The amount of racist dogwhistles that would generate would have been insane

Trevor Noah between the scenes - Donald Trump, the first black president?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I hope McMaster writes a book about how he faced and totally poo poo on Bannon over the course of the last 6 months. I'd read it.

I don't think most people realize how important McMaster has been to prevent this administration from being much worse. If Flynn never gets fired Bannon remains effectively in charge of the NSC and does god knows how much damage to the world. Instead McMaster came in and almost immediately maneuvered to first isolate Bannon and then kick him off the NSC.

I know McMaster has carried Trump's water in public on more than one occasion but I can't help but be thankful for him.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 22, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Can someone explain to me why Secret Service had to pay 35,000 so far for golf carts at Trump properties?

It's actually pretty standard for the Secret Service to pay fair market value for stuff they're renting / commandeering.

They're just not generally, you know, paying it to the President. :v:

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/johnupton/status/899762555672985600

Because apparently if you decided to live in coal country you knew the risks.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

follow your leader, t_d

please tell me this is fake, like that image of T_D talking about how trump making GBS threads himself is a good thing.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

farraday posted:

ignoring cancer makes it go away obv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

farraday posted:

It's always bothered me that people support mountaintop removal; the hills are like, the only thing that WV really has and they just blow a mountain in half and then leave. You're lucky if they bother putting the dirt back, and they certainly don't replant the trees.

• Locked thread