Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Krabboss posted:

Sweet things belong in and on spicy things. This has been the case in cuisine for millennia but Americans are used to food like tendies and Mac n cheese so idk.

Lay off the Mac n cheese bub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

You can take my tendies from my cold, dead, emotionally stunted hands.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Krabboss posted:

Sweet things belong in and on spicy things. This has been the case in cuisine for millennia but Americans are used to food like tendies and Mac n cheese so idk.

It's less because it's sweet and more because it's a fruit. When I eat pizza I want sauce in my mouth, not pineapple juice (extra crispy pineapples on pizza is pretty rad though.)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wacky Delly posted:

They're called bell peppers in the US.

Oops, I got mixed up with capsaicin.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Haquer posted:

Sounds like your off tank needs to get good. Do your enmity combo until the first twin bolt then have him provoke and shirk to you then swap to your dps combo and you should be golden as long as he keeps doing that every time shirk is on CD.

I also don't have my weapon since I was grinding drk to 70 when omega came out and ignored it for a couple weeks :shrug:

I must not have posted clearly. I'm only in shield oath for my first rage combo and that's it. Our OT kicks all sorts of rear end and does shirk me well.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Is it better // more reliable to half-shirk (OT Provoke -> Shirk) or full-shirk (OT Provoke -> MT Shirk -> MT Provoke -> OT Shirk)?

The latter seems dicier to pull off but seems like it'd pull better results for staying DPS for the entire fight for O1-3S.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

EponymousMrYar posted:

It's less because it's sweet and more because it's a fruit. When I eat pizza I want sauce in my mouth, not pineapple juice (extra crispy pineapples on pizza is pretty rad though.)

Pizza is liberally slathered with tomato sauce. Tomato is a fruit.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nipponophile posted:

Pizza is liberally slathered with tomato sauce. Tomato is a fruit.

Tomato is a fruit in a botanical context but a vegetable in a culinary context. Tomato sauce is a vegetable sauce, not a jam

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Hawaiian Pizza is a staple food in Australia, take your Ameri-centrism outta here.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Yeah boy

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

homeless snail posted:

Haha how about that uh... *hastily screenshots another kind of pizza*

this one actually sounds good

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Hawaiian pizza is Good. It's BBQ chicken pizza that's the abomination.

Also WTF are tendies? Guessing you mean chicken tenders, which are delicious, but I'm American and I've never heard the term.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Those are tendies.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

SKULL.GIF posted:

Is it better // more reliable to half-shirk (OT Provoke -> Shirk) or full-shirk (OT Provoke -> MT Shirk -> MT Provoke -> OT Shirk)?

The latter seems dicier to pull off but seems like it'd pull better results for staying DPS for the entire fight for O1-3S.

Half-shirk is usually better, it's much easier to pull off since you can do it pretty much any time the boss readies a cast bar, and you probably won't need any other enmity generators. Full-shirks, while still totally doable, require a more intimate knowledge of the boss' longer downtimes (not moving at all, no adds, etc.).

For perspective, "longer downtimes" are usually phase changes: like Jura Aevis' Classical Elements, Cat rear end Trophy's -100 G's, and Halicarnasshole's Panel Swap if we're using O1-3S as examples. Another O3S one is when she's vomiting D-Waves in the final phase if you've already killed the adds (and you really should've since the fight literally hands you an LB3 for that if you're doing it right).

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr. Nice! posted:

I must not have posted clearly. I'm only in shield oath for my first rage combo and that's it. Our OT kicks all sorts of rear end and does shirk me well.

Probably the main advantage I have as a DRK is that I can Dark Arts power slash (to the cringe of I'm sure every other DRK player) but at least I can never touch grit and keep an enmity lead the entire fight that was :v:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

jalapeno_dude posted:

Hawaiian pizza is Good. It's BBQ chicken pizza that's the abomination.

Also WTF are tendies? Guessing you mean chicken tenders, which are delicious, but I'm American and I've never heard the term.

It's the perfect word for people who want their vocabulary to match their child-like palate.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

As a non-raider I'd like to see enmity matter more in all content so I don't feel like I'm being told to take Shield Oath off my bar.

nah... this isnt 2003, having to watch threat is a relic, give me more mechanics to deal with. Or go the route wow is and have active mitigation be a thing you have to keep up to not die. Like iron fur with druids, shield block/ignore pain with warriors, iron brew with brew masters.

Reiterpallasch posted:

Our paladin gave our white mage priority for a 340 weapon also, and let me tell you, that's caused the two of them no end of grief while progressing in NED. I've never seen so many tankbusters land on a healer in my life.

e: for people on the fence about trying it: you can indeed scam those aero/earthshaker combos with cover and i highly recommend doing so

you dont give it to your dps first? or have you killed o3s 4 times already? Also wouldn't tanks be last for a 340 regardless.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The tank gcd will always output more damage than a healers so generally healers last. In this case, iirc, they gave the healer the weapon for a VIT boost for learning o4s.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

SL the Pyro posted:

For perspective, "longer downtimes" are usually phase changes: like Jura Aevis' Classical Elements, Cat rear end Trophy's -100 G's, and Halicarnasshole's Panel Swap if we're using O1-3S as examples. Another O3S one is when she's vomiting D-Waves in the final phase if you've already killed the adds (and you really should've since the fight literally hands you an LB3 for that if you're doing it right).

I am now exclusively referring to this boss by this name

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Is Hawaiian pizza the new fracture?!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Azubah posted:

Only if the mystery avatar benefactor decides it is.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Finally, a place on the internet to find jokes about pineapple on pizza

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Pineapple on pizza is a joke, yes :colbert:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Holyshoot posted:

nah... this isnt 2003, having to watch threat is a relic, give me more mechanics to deal with. Or go the route wow is and have active mitigation be a thing you have to keep up to not die. Like iron fur with druids, shield block/ignore pain with warriors, iron brew with brew masters.

you dont give it to your dps first? or have you killed o3s 4 times already? Also wouldn't tanks be last for a 340 regardless.

yeah, our dps have their weapons already, i'm pretty sure

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
pineapple on pizza is good, but only when the sweetness and acidity are used to cut extremely fatty and savory toppings that would ordinarily overwhelm the tomato sauce

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Azubah posted:

Fracture was good, Hawaiian pizza is not.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Finally, a place on the internet to find jokes about pineapple on pizza

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/KalariFFXIV/status/899783239090528256

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Tomato is a fruit in a botanical context but a vegetable in a culinary context. Tomato sauce is a vegetable sauce, not a jam

Counterpoint: tomato sauce is totally my jam.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You know what the difference between jelly and jam is, right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

You know what the difference between jelly and jam is, right?

Well, yeah. Jam don't shake like that.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

jalapeno_dude posted:

It's BBQ chicken pizza that's the abomination.

:getout:

Chicken and BBQ is amazing...

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Krabboss posted:

It’s called Kraft Dinner iirc.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
Aggro resets on Neo Exdeath will give your white mage grief no matter what weapon somebody has. It is a mechanic which SQEX is using to force both healers and tanks to communicate, and to force players to have to organize to beat the boss.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

:discourse:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

ntan1 posted:

Aggro resets on Neo Exdeath will give your white mage grief no matter what weapon somebody has. It is a mechanic which SQEX is using to force both healers and tanks to communicate, and to force players to have to organize to beat the boss.

, he said, as he slammed down another cure 3

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's actually really easy, all you have to do is hit provoke and maybe a threat combo right after Almagest and before Aero 3.

*fails to do this, repeatedly and consistently, week after week"

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what should i be eating as a warrior in progression content?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

The blood of your enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Mt. Dew and Doritos