Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TTerrible posted:

That current terminator chaplain is one of the best marine models ever. The limited edition one looks like a skullapalooza entry

u wanna fuckin fight m8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

It's so cool that, in 8th, they're now good enough to field, because those models are amazing.

Yeah a guy I played used them and I was surprised how good they were. Stuff with reserves gimmicks is so much better in 8th.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Whoah nice nips.

What's the added point cost on those?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

RIP Kruellagh the Vile. May the howls of 101 skinned dalmatians sing you to sleep.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Since I won that Custodes Knight Warden, i decided to go ahead and make up an 1850 Point list with it.

quote:

++ Vanguard Detachment (Imperium - Sisters of Silence) [8 PL, 167pts] ++

+ Elites +

Vigilators [4 PL, 95pts]
. 4x Sister of Silence: 4x Executioner Greatblade
. Sister Superior: Executioner Greatblade

+ Dedicated Transport +

Null-Maiden Rhino [4 PL, 72pts]: Storm Bolter

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Inquisition) [5 PL, 85pts] ++

+ HQ +

Inquisitor Greyfax [5 PL, 85pts]: 3 - Dominate

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Questor Imperialis) [25 PL, 516pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

Knight Warden [25 PL, 516pts]: Avenger gatling cannon, Heavy flamer, Heavy stubber, Stormspear rocket pod, Thunderstrike gauntlet

++ Vanguard Detachment (Imperium - Officio Assassinorum) [5 PL, 85pts] ++

+ Elites +

Culexus Assassin [5 PL, 85pts]

++ Vanguard Detachment (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [49 PL, 989pts] ++

+ Troops +

Custodian Guard Squad [14 PL, 291pts]
. Custodian: Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield
. Custodian: Custodes Vexilla and Power Knife, Storm Shield
. Shield-Captain: Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield

+ Elites +

Venerable Contemptor Dreadnought [8 PL, 167pts]: Combi-bolter, Dreadnought Combat Weapon, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon

Venerable Contemptor Dreadnought [8 PL, 167pts]: Combi-bolter, Dreadnought Combat Weapon, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Venerable Land Raider [19 PL, 364pts]: Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter, 2x Twin-Linked Lascannons

++ Total: [92 PL, 1842pts] ++

How are the Sisters as as Executioners? Do they do better with the Bolters or Flamers?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Zuul the Cat posted:

Since I won that Custodes Knight Warden, i decided to go ahead and make up an 1850 Point list with it.

How are the Sisters as as Executioners? Do they do better with the Bolters or Flamers?

If you can deliver them, they will absolutely tear things apart.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
*Sees a bunch of Gary Morley models*

*Goes into flashbacks*

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deified Data posted:

Thinking of starting a second army of Dark Eldar. Please post your cool pics for inspiration TIA

Here's some of my stuff;

Kabalites. Maybe, someday, i'll have a squad of ten done...

Archon

And of course, the best part of the Archon.

So tight, so firm.

Edit: Also, a project I've been toying around with.

Irate Tree fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Aug 22, 2017

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Irate Tree posted:

Here's some of my stuff;

Kabalites. Maybe, someday, i'll have a squad of ten done...

Archon

And of course, the best part of the Archon.

So tight, so firm.

Edit: Also, a project I've been toying around with.

Love that stark pink.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Deified Data posted:

Thinking of starting a second army of Dark Eldar. Please post your cool pics for inspiration TIA

Found these pictures yesterday and apparently I did them back in 2011, it doesn't seem that long ago :/

The not-dark Dark Eldar

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Deified Data posted:

Have some bleached bone bros bro

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
What is the point of the "Beseech the Chaos Gods" stratagem if giving a unit a mark (not an icon) doesn't do anything and you can have every unit set up with a mark prior to the start of the battle for free?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Killer_Bees! posted:

Have some bleached bone bros bro

What's your process for that dirty bone color? I'm trying to figure out what to eventually do for my nurgle rhinos and that looks great.

Hummingbird James
Jan 3, 2013

goose willis posted:

What is the point of the "Beseech the Chaos Gods" stratagem if giving a unit a mark (not an icon) doesn't do anything and you can have every unit set up with a mark prior to the start of the battle for free?

It lets you have some flexibility to your army if you're not going mono-god, so for instance if you've got a couple basic Chaos Space Marine squads and you don't know whether you should dedicate them to say, Khorne or Slaanesh, so you just leave them unmarked until they get stuck into combat or engage in a lot of long-range shooting, so you can use the God-specific stratagems for those situations. It does mean you don't get to use the Icons of those gods, and it can suck down a fair few CP, but it's fairly neat.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

Death Guard preview, and confirmation that AdMech is up next as codex #5

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Very cool deldar guys - I actually considered doing an army in bone, nice to know that none of my ideas are original.

What colors do you guys use for their skin? I'm looking at having a lot of helmetless models to get practice on faces.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

xtothez posted:

OH poo poo! Super excited for AdMech. Really happy they're throwing in Knights as well.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
So looking at that image we've got:

New Typhus,
Multipart Plague Marines
Multipart Blight Drones
Plague Terminators
Bigger Plague Terminators (Lords of Decay maybe?)
Slug Tank

Guys, I'm feeling Nurgle's love, and not just because I caught a cold last weekend.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

xtothez posted:

Good timing for my AdMech army. Thanks GW. Cool to see Mechanicus Knights in as their own thing.

SteelMentor posted:

New Typhus,
Multipart Plague Marines
Multipart Blight Drones
Plague Terminators
Slug Tank

Guys, I'm feeling Nurgle's love, and not just because I caught a cold last weekend.

Looks like a really good release for Death Guard. I'm assuming we're getting DG, Ad Mech with new toys too, and then another two-at-once book only release (maybe Space Wolves and Thousand Sons?)

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Corrode posted:

Good timing for my AdMech army. Thanks GW. Cool to see Mechanicus Knights in as their own thing.

Looks like a really good release for Death Guard. I'm assuming we're getting DG, Ad Mech with new toys too, and then another two-at-once book only release (maybe Space Wolves and Thousand Sons?)

I hope it's some Xenos books, otherwise that's 6 Marine books and one other Imperial book.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Geoff Zahn posted:

What's your process for that dirty bone color? I'm trying to figure out what to eventually do for my nurgle rhinos and that looks great.

So base coat shading done with an airbrush, do a brown base and then a grey highlight from the top and then a zenith of white. Then you just drown the bastard in sepia wash and weather to taste. I did some heresy era Death Guard up a while ago with the scheme as well

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

They seem very keen to get the Marine subs out early and those make sense as things which don't especially need new models. There also seem to be thematic pairs - Grey Knights and Chaos, and Wolves/1kSons would be the same. You could easily do Guard/Orks on the same basis though, so maybe it'll be that.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing a Blood Angels/Tyranids release, tough to say when though.

E: Are those destroyer hives I'm seeing on the other Death Guard Terminators?

Pendent fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Aug 22, 2017

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I wonder if the Space Wolves will get a Primaris Furry upgrade kit

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

SteelMentor posted:

I hope it's some Xenos books, otherwise that's 6 Marine books and one other Imperial book.

Based on the talk about fluff developments leading into 8E, I wouldn't get too invested in seeing (m)any xenos books as part of the first 10 this year. GW wanted to bring the focus back to Imperium vs a resurgent Chaos threat. So my money is on:

• Space Wolves / Thousand Sons
  • Dark Angels / Chaos Daemons (probably with updated GUO)
  • Blood Angels, leading into a Tyranid update in the usual January spot

Most of those factions would only required minimal model releases alongside a codex, much like Grey Knights or CSM.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Killer_Bees! posted:

So base coat shading done with an airbrush, do a brown base and then a grey highlight from the top and then a zenith of white. Then you just drown the bastard in sepia wash and weather to taste. I did some heresy era Death Guard up a while ago with the scheme as well

Thanks! I don't have an airbrush but I will give a similar idea a go. I didn't think a sepia wash over grey and white would give that effect, I was originally going to start with a beige paint and go from there but your color is the exact effect I'm looking for.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Ayn Marx posted:

I wonder if the Space Wolves will get a Primaris Furry upgrade kit

Almost definitely. Tbh that will probably be what gets released with all the Chapter books - there'll be a BA one and a DA one and so on, on the same lines as the Ultramarines one.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

SteelMentor posted:

New Typhus,
Multipart Plague Marines
Multipart Blight Drones
Plague Terminators
Slug Tank

The new Typhus looks cool as hell

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
He's a big boy to, that's a 50mm base he's got there.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
So did any of the upcoming rumor lists correctly call AdMech as the next one?

herr brau
Dec 20, 2005

relax, a photo's not gonna make any difference

This is extremely my poo poo, right here. RIP bank account.

downtimejesus
Apr 24, 2007

Hey, I decided to get back into this after not playing for 13 years, and was wondering if there was any way to make army lists without it being a chore. I googled and saw there was a web based one and it got shut down, so I'm not sure if/how it's possible besides just going through all of it by hand.

e: yes i have the codex i'm building an army for, i'm not looking for :filez: or anything

downtimejesus fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 22, 2017

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

downtimejesus posted:

Hey, I decided to get back into this after not playing for 13 years, and was wondering if there was any way to make army lists without it being a chore. I googled and saw there was a web based one and it got shut down, so I'm not sure if/how it's possible besides just going through all of it by hand.

I am cripplingly dependent on using Battlescribe for my own list building. At some point in the near-ish future GW have said they will be releasing an official app as well.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

downtimejesus posted:

e: yes i have the codex i'm building an army for, i'm not looking for :filez: or anything

Battlescribe. Now and forever. There is even an app.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Naramyth posted:

Battlescribe. Now and forever. There is even an app.

Battlescribe is terrible right now though

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

TheChirurgeon posted:

What's wrong with it? It's trivial to submit bug reports or even pull requests for incorrect points costs.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Not on iOS. Or andriod according to how much time my roommate is in battlescribe.

Making detachments correct does suck, so like, don't do that. It's a great points calculator/database.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

bonds0097 posted:

What's wrong with it? It's trivial to submit bug reports or even pull requests for incorrect points costs.

Caveat: I haven't fired it up in a couple of weeks

It's not just the points values--it doesn't know how to build lists based on keywords. Building a shared Chaos list within the same detachment doesn't "work" right now. Sure, that's less of an issue post-codex, but still something that should be possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

bonds0097 posted:

It can be pretty annoying when you're trying to build your list using the broader keywords. Even including Forgeworld stuff is sort of annoying. It's still infinitely better than the alternative of pen and paper though.