Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LeeMajors posted:

omfg they used the GLITTER GUYS!?!??????

that's one step down from the renegade pony

Owns. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Randaconda posted:

wtf

Why not just use Renegade?

What in the gently caress is even happening here, garnet glitter guy sitting on the elephant's shoulder uh... strangling him or something? The elephant's other arm is coming directly out of its back while it punches and uh... either is dodged by the gold glitter guy or it crushes his leg to the ground?

When I see something like this I inevitably think about how many people from beginning to end had to look at it and say, "Yeah, that's good, let's print it!"

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

JonathonSpectre posted:

What in the gently caress is even happening here, garnet glitter guy sitting on the elephant's shoulder uh... strangling him or something? The elephant's other arm is coming directly out of its back while it punches and uh... either is dodged by the gold glitter guy or it crushes his leg to the ground?

When I see something like this I inevitably think about how many people from beginning to end had to look at it and say, "Yeah, that's good, let's print it!"

I mean frankly it looks like an attempted eiffel tower rape, which makes total sense with the glitter

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

We're gonna get our asses kicked

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Kim Jong Il posted:

Schiano inherited a rebuilding job. His normal season was 8 wins and he wasn't a particularly good coach. That's the norm for a mediocre coach at Rutgers. Frank Burns in the 70s was actually considered a far better coach, he was very competitive when Rutgers did play teams like Tennessee and Alabama in his day.

Not true.

Again, spend five seconds on Google.

We have this argument every month and I don't know how I still get baited into it days after the fact, but if you "spend 5 seconds on google" you'll see that being around .500 is terrible for a major conference team, even ignoring Rutgers miserable SoS for most of history.

They're a bottom 25% major conference team at best, and that's probably being generous.

I get it, you like your team. Just focus on the future, as miserable as Rutgers being in the Big 10 is, Ash is probably a good coach and you'll probably be competitive, and maybe even good, eventually. That doesn't mean you have to pretend you were good in the past.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Even the national champion Rutgers team was only 1-1

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
accurate

Frinkahedron fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 22, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Is there one for the UT GT game?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Marquis de Pyro posted:

They're a bottom 25% major conference team at best, and that's probably being generous.

Well, you've got 65 power 5 teams (66 if you're the ACC and 67 if you're the Big Ten and SEC) and there's 52 to 54 teams ahead of them in winning percentage Bottom 20% or worse.

Congratulations Baylor, you are the last team in the top 75%! Sorry Washington, you did not make the cut for top 25%. And the "consider the job....done" award goes to Minnesota: Mathematically the Middle of the Road.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Joey Freshwater posted:

Is there one for the UT GT game?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I hadn't looked at USC's schedule yet, but man they got lucky, the managed to dodge both Oregon and Washington

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Tomorrow morning, Georgia Tech is officially announcing an apparel deal with Adidas. Goodbye, Russell, nobody's sad to see you go.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Dabo names Kelly Bryant as starting QB for Clemson vs Kent State, with Zerrick Cooper at the #2 spot, and Hunter Johnson at #3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmNpOhFw8QU&t=218s

TWEET IT OUT!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Actually not too terrible. But I have that FSU Bama one as comparison

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'm really excited about that game. It's been a while since GT's had a quality opponent for its first game of the year.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Please tell me there's one for Texas/Maryland. Or Texas/USC. Or Texas/anyone.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I like this but I'll never understand why they'd give birds teeth :iiam:

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Are there any Louisville fans on here who could explain whether they actually have a playoff shot?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys. Happy almost football season!

N: I randomly remembered this and cannot stop laughing.

V: https://youtu.be/kECz7pZ6GQI

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Pook Good Mook posted:

Are there any Louisville fans on here who could explain whether they actually have a playoff shot?

Depends if they have an OLine or not

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pook Good Mook posted:

It's asking quite a lot but it's not impossible. Home vs. Clemson in week 3, and @ FSU in week 8. They're cruising if they can beat FSU because the back end of their schedule is really weak (@Wake, BYE, vs. UVA, vs. Cuse, @Kentucky)

E:^^^ that too.

E2: Bear in mind as well even if they did all that, it's still entirely down to the Playoff Committee, who is going to pick based on ratings more than anything.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Aug 22, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If Louisville goes undefeated, they'll have a resume as good as anybody's. If they drop one of FSU/Clemson, they might need help.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Please tell me there's one for Texas/Maryland. Or Texas/USC. Or Texas/anyone.

Those games are on Fox networks.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
saw MV while taking my kid to school today

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
How dare you

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Seaniqua posted:

saw MV while taking my kid to school today

It's like finding out grandpa is a transvestite

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Randaconda posted:

If Louisville goes undefeated, they'll have a resume as good as anybody's. If they drop one of FSU/Clemson, they might need help.

I think the ACC's gonna eat itself this year and everyone in the Atlantic's gonna wind up with 2 losses. At that point, it all depends on how the tie breakers work out and how the committee compares 2-loss conference champs.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

The Glumslinger posted:

I hadn't looked at USC's schedule yet, but man they got lucky, the managed to dodge both Oregon and Washington

No bye week though.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

College football is so close, I can't wait

augias
Apr 7, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5-RWBFDFbY

the fix is in(shallah)

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

tactlessbastard posted:

It's like finding out grandpa is a transvestite

Lets do better than this.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I like this but I'll never understand why they'd give birds teeth :iiam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsiCxwyVXxQ

So are we getting any crazy international games early in the year?

augias
Apr 7, 2009

This saturday Rice, the stanford of texas, is playing Stanford, the stanford of stanford, in New South Wales. Is that crazy I don't know really.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Randaconda posted:

Oh yeah if Louisville goes unbeaten and smokes whoever stumbles out of the Coastal they're gonna have an iron-clad case.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

buddhanc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsiCxwyVXxQ

So are we getting any crazy international games early in the year?

Stanford - Rice in Sydney on the 26th doin' anything for ya?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Fluffdaddy posted:

Lets do better than this.

That wouldn't be a surprise? Just a simple surprise, not a value judgement.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa's top cornerback, Manny Rugumba, is suspended for the season opener for an unspecified violation of team rules. I don't really buy into all the Josh Allen hype but iowa is really light on experience at corner after graduating a 3 and 4 year starter last year so it's definitely not ideal

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
If anyone wants to look over the schedule here's a link to that LSU fansite that for whatever reason seems to be the only good list of college football games.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao

quote:

Florida Atlantic: Offensive coordinator Kendal Briles told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel he and head coach Lane Kiffin have informally reached out to Art Briles for consulting and advice on the Owls’ offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

augias posted:

This saturday Rice, the stanford of texas, is playing Stanford, the stanford of stanford, in New South Wales. Is that crazy I don't know really.
The only problem with this game is that it's going to be a goddamn massacre, and I say this as a Rice fan. It's like how the NFL always sends the Dolphins and Jaguars to London: not the best representation of the caliber of the sport.

• Locked thread