Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Heh, just have shell salvage and hurt me plenty so you can just go through 2 swaps nearly at will. Hard to get duds when you go through 9 options, and they tend to fall off cooldown when I need to get more energy anyway after using Rocket Pod. Add chaos for AoE and evulsion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I've always prioritized green but I also use the shotgun as my only heal option.

But admittedly I like shooting guys in the face with magic heal bullets.

I also would pay someone in an intricate fierce to write an add-on where everytime I impair or defeat an enemy I automatically say into /say, group, general, and raid "Nerd."

Except not really. Don't hold me to that promise.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I'll admit I was being a bit hyperbolic but I have known people get super frustrated with shotgun because they went four reloads without seeing the ammo type they wanted or they would have survived a fight if they'd only gotten anima shells or whatever. It's one of the least reliable weapon gimmicks in my opinion, which is fine as long as you accept that going in.

StashAugustine posted:

So basically best is fire, then purple then blue; is healing useful when you're tanking?
Yeah, they take a small amount of strain off your healer but they can't be relied upon for emergencies. On very rare occasions you'll be the last party member standing and the green shells will let you survive a few extra seconds to finish off the boss - the elation when that happens is matched only by the frustration when the same situation occurs but you get nothing but dps shells and die when the boss has only a few thousand hp left. :v:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Len posted:

I also would pay someone in an intricate fierce to write an add-on where everytime I impair or defeat an enemy I automatically say into /say, group, general, and raid "Nerd."

Well if you in- aw.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tallgeese posted:

Well if you in- aw.

You'd think with how many bags I opened yesterday I would have gotten a 3 pip something. But nope loving bullshit drop rates.

I did pull a blue dice though so that at least was worth a decent amount that I promptly spent on a rifleman's signet.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Hello Sailor posted:

Tell us more about forgoing major quality-of-life improvements like sprint upgrades to prioritize negligible increases in combat ability that make no difference until well after you have both.
Tell us more about how 1500-2000 Marks is a huge debt you'll never recover from that will keep you at Sprint I forever.

Amante fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 23, 2017

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

So basically best is fire, then purple then blue; is healing useful when you're tanking?
Long story short, Fire is the best damage over time, Purple is the best burst damage. Blue shells fade too quickly to be worthwhile, Green shells are pretty mediocre but can rarely save you while soloing.

Managing shell types is pretty easy when you're running it primary, but if you want to smooth things out then Shell Salvage is real handy. It also makes energy management a cinch.

P.S. I find running a Shotgun elite makes managing shells more annoying as well, since most of them eat 5-6 shells and require you to use them at strange times. You're usually best off using an elite from your secondary anyway.

Amante fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 23, 2017

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I really like Trick Shot (together with Unload) on pistol secondary for shotgun primary. Fixed Game grants you matches, and the long channel time on Unload allows your shotgun energy to recover.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Trick Shot is awesome, although apparently it has a bug as of late where if traited it won't do damage in a lot of scenarios. Something to do with them removing CC immunity on mobs.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Amante posted:

Trick Shot is awesome, although apparently it has a bug as of late where if traited it won't do damage in a lot of scenarios. Something to do with them removing CC immunity on mobs.
My favourite part of them removing CC immunity on bosses is that the old stacking immunity system only seemed to apply to the last boss of Darkness War and by removing it they've actually made that boss completely immune to CC somehow. :v:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey, is there a way to go back and replay old dungeons once you've leveled past them? I skipped one and now I can't play it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

StashAugustine posted:

Hey, is there a way to go back and replay old dungeons once you've leveled past them? I skipped one and now I can't play it

You can tick private but you won't be able to public queue

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Len posted:

You can tick private but you won't be able to public queue

Okay. Is it feasible to solo them?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

StashAugustine posted:

Depends on your level/gear but yeah

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
You'll also be back soon when you're 50 and doing elites.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Richard M Nixon posted:

You'll also be back soon when you're 50 and doing elites.*

*The dungeon it picks is random and Hell Fallen, Facility and Slaughterhouse aren't in the rotation yet

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

StashAugustine posted:

I've soloed the first two dungeons without too much difficulty. Although the second one made me nervous enough at times that I've put off the third.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

You also have to ask "should I?" because while you can solo a few dungeons it probably won't be fun. It's like soloing the world bosses designed for 5 I can but it's miserable and unfun.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Len posted:

You also have to ask "should I?" because while you can solo a few dungeons it probably won't be fun. It's like soloing the world bosses designed for 5 I can but it's miserable and unfun.

Yeah, the last two in Hell Rising were not fun.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
I totally appreciate that Aegis was a sucky un-fun mechanic but the Aegis-related quests were fun and good and I'm disappointed that they just removed them without replacing them with anything.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Phanatic posted:

I totally appreciate that Aegis was a sucky un-fun mechanic but the Aegis-related quests were fun and good and I'm disappointed that they just removed them without replacing them with anything.

Don't quote me on this but I think they have said they're bringing the tank guy back. They were just re-working the missions or wtv.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

In game right now as SAHumbleMessia because reading when making names is hard. could use an invite!

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Len posted:

I soloed the first 3 and compared to polaris, the darkness war and hell fallen take way too long.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Just don't solo if you can help it, bring more people along.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Hey isn't there a mod or something that alerts you when lore pieces are nearby?

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.

StashAugustine posted:

Hey isn't there a mod or something that alerts you when lore pieces are nearby?

https://mods.curse.com/tsw-mods/tsw/273270-lorehound

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Oh yeah, I suppose I should note that my main's name is Fortan so if you see me try to take pity on me for being dumb.

E: things I learned today: there's a mission called "Too Deep" in the third Transylvania section that sees you fight a boss who hangs out in a pool of water. If something knocks him out of that pool of water, he evades his way back into it - and heals up to full health. He is also large enough that any knockdown effect knocks him out of the pool. Chaos Magic has a bonus effect called a Singularity, which, when it hits, generates knockdown. No, you cannot turn off singularities.

Guess who spent like twenty minutes fighting the same unkillable boss before running away, waiting for him to despawn, and switching over to (woefully underleveled, comparatively) pistols?

DivineCoffeeBinge fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 25, 2017

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Oh yeah, I suppose I should note that my main's name is Fortan so if you see me try to take pity on me for being dumb.

E: things I learned today: there's a mission called "Too Deep" in the third Transylvania section that sees you fight a boss who hangs out in a pool of water. If something knocks him out of that pool of water, he evades his way back into it - and heals up to full health. He is also large enough that any knockdown effect knocks him out of the pool. Chaos Magic has a bonus effect called a Singularity, which, when it hits, generates knockdown. No, you cannot turn off singularities.

Guess who spent like twenty minutes fighting the same unkillable boss before running away, waiting for him to despawn, and switching over to (woefully underleveled, comparatively) pistols?

Whatever you play you should definitely have some ranged abilities, Funcom doesn't give a gently caress if you decided to go all melee, some missions absolutely require it. I remember this boss and had no problems with chaos+pistols. Maybe my singularities didn't hit him?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

That's definitely a bug too. I had that happen with my hammer/fist setup and it was just miserable

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Huh. I fought that boss with chaos and never knocked it out of the pool. Didn't even know you could.

Quite like that mission though because of the marvelous oppressive atmosphere.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Yeah I had the same issue. Really starting to regret going blade/chaos. Not having ranged options is a serious liability when doing elites in the Ankh as well.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

We have 2.5 healers and 1 tank. Someone else start making tank gear!

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Wtf? We were at like a 50:1 tank:heal ratio.

My tank is up to 240 ip so I guess I can do poo poo other than elite 2. Haven't tried lairs yet but I want to.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Richard M Nixon posted:

My tank is up to 240 ip so I guess I can do poo poo other than elite 2. Haven't tried lairs yet but I want to.

Everyone quit.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Richard M Nixon posted:

Hop on at like 8:00pm PST, or 8:30pm PST. We are getting up to 8 people wanting to run elites.

Also 240 IP should be "fine" for elite 2. I tank at IP 220 and do allright, though EvilBillMurray heals me and he is quite geared up.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Exmond posted:

Hop on at like 8:00pm PST, or 8:30pm PST. We are getting up to 8 people wanting to run elites.

Also 240 IP should be "fine" for elite 2. I tank at IP 220 and do allright, though EvilBillMurray heals me and he is quite geared up.

Depending on the dungeon I sub in fist off heals for times I can't shoot bosses but most of the time I get by with the ar basic heal and a grenade.

Admittedly I'm almost 250 iscore right now

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Len posted:

Everyone quit.

Rip dead gay game, 2017-2017.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Richard M Nixon posted:

Rip dead gay game, 2017-2017.

That's what happens when your game comes out and it's the same game all these people didn't like in 2012

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

I haven't been feeling the game much lately myself. Something about how much progression slows down at the high epic / low mythic level, I think. I'll try to get on more often for the nightly dungeon runs, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I still log on to do the first cluster of dailies since it's a good way to maintain skill point progression as the kaidan missions give a nice amount of XP. If you choose your missions wisely it's very quick.

But otherwise time is precious etc so that's about all I generally get up to.