Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trump is not Darth Vader you fools. He is clearly Baron Vladimir Harkonnen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

:thunk:

So.... Vietnam rules?

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 22, 2017

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

make afghanistan great again

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

COMRADES posted:

:thunk:

So.... Vietnam rules?

bodycount baby

blood for the blood god

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

priznat posted:

So much winning losing but the other guy loses too so it is kind of a win in a "gently caress you lol" way?

If I can't win we're all double losing is the most american sentiment

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
brb gonna buy some defense contractor stocks because whoever loses, they win.

e: I almost feel like why even have a retirement account set up and pay for fees, just throw all that poo poo into a passive defense ETF and you'll probably be able to retire early even.

ee: assuming you don't live paycheck to paycheck like most of America does

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 22, 2017

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The best part of the speech last night was when DJ Trump was saying we're gonna diplomacy Pakistan and India into fighting with us. Then Tillerson gets a hacked/chopped/sliced/diced state dept budget to do that with. lols on him!

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Three Olives posted:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-08-22/here-s-how-the-trump-brothers-are-running-the-family-business

So Trump's idiot kids are going to bankrupt another idiot doing business with them. Cool, cool.

At this point if you read about the pretend billionaire's endless failures & bankruptcies and still want to do business with his idiotic children, you deserve to be fleeced.

Also lol the nonstop Russia stuff is out of the news all of a sudden.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Hey, a Pyrrhic victory is still a win, right?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Burt Sexual posted:

The best part of the speech last night was when DJ Trump was saying we're gonna diplomacy Pakistan and India into fighting with us. Then Tillerson gets a hacked/chopped/sliced/diced state dept budget to do that with. lols on him!

Tillerson is a poo poo diplomat too

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

red19fire posted:

At this point if you read about the pretend billionaire's endless failures & bankruptcies and still want to do business with his idiotic children, you deserve to be fleeced.

Also lol the nonstop Russia stuff is out of the news all of a sudden.

nah:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/22/politics/us-treasury-sanctions-china-russia-north-korea/index.html

But you're also correct that Trump is so retarded that he's generating more news about that fact than anything Mueller is doing, which probably works ultimately to Mueller's advantage

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

haljordan posted:

Tillerson is a poo poo diplomat too

LISTEN UP YOU FUCKERS! :argh:

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Three Olives posted:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-08-22/here-s-how-the-trump-brothers-are-running-the-family-business

So Trump's idiot kids are going to bankrupt another idiot doing business with them. Cool, cool.

quote:

They’re pitching a pizza restaurant, to be called Yellow Brick Oven

Is this the real life

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

COMRADES posted:

Is this the real life

Hey it is just a preliminary idea, it has to be sent up to Park Avenue to be refined into the Gold Brick Oven for a hefty fee. Cotton Gin themed meeting rooms don't just come up with themselves.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Three Olives posted:

can't really blame the trump org here. if some idiot with $20mio and no business plan/sense comes along and offers you a share of the revenue for nothing in exchange you milk that fucker dry.

"I'll take any motherfucker's money if he givin it away"

burning swine
May 26, 2004

yellow cake bakery

weapons of mass deliciousness

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

bloom posted:

How often do you guys pause and wonder at how insane the world is atm? I'd say there's 2-3 moments during any given day when I'm just like "whoa, the president of the us stared into the sun and that's being hailed as brave and clever. what's even going on?"

Like if a big rear end skeleton with a scythe showed up and went YOU ACTUALLY DIED 2 YEARS AGO, I JUST WANTED TO MAKE IT EASIER ON YOU WITH SOME COMEDY it would make more sense than any other explanation at this point.

I honestly wonder if something went wrong. An electron beeped instead of booped and we careened into an improbable timeline.

I know logically that my constant feeling of bewilderment, of everything being slightly "off" must just be in my head, but drat, it's still SO strong.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Spinster posted:

I honestly wonder if something went wrong. An electron beeped instead of booped and we careened into an improbable timeline.

I know logically that my constant feeling of bewilderment, of everything being slightly "off" must just be in my head, but drat, it's still SO strong.

Homie this isn't one timeline anymore. Someone hosed up too hard to keep us consistently in one.

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

Spinster posted:

I could tell you a straight up STDH sounding explanation of what you are experiencing, but just lol at making myself seem crazier than i already am on SA, just lol.

See you in the yellow brick oven!

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
ɪ ᴡɪsʜ ɪ'ᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴇᴀsɪʟʏ ᴅᴏ sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴄᴀᴘs ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴘᴏsᴛ

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

lol

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I think it's really only about a 50/50 chance Don will pardon Arpaio and I will lol if he doesn't do it, after Arpaio basically went on TV and begged

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

FuturePastNow posted:

I think it's really only about a 50/50 chance Don will pardon Arpaio and I will lol if he doesn't do it, after Arpaio basically went on TV and begged

Dude can I get a link to the begging plz

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
2001 kicked rear end

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

my new dog posted:

2001 kicked rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX1SojKfgNI

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

It's just amazing that we just don't know if Trump is going to make a big deal out of pardoning a racist criminal. I mean it's incredibly stupid if he does but...

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
lol imagine being a lawyer for Joe Arpaio and pressuring the retard President of the United States for a pardon is an actual legal strategy.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This might be one of my favorite tweets I have seen in a long time

https://twitter.com/dittman_beth/status/900078670995443713

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Feminasty Slut posted:

Please deliver me russian piss hookers sky orb

The tape, orrr?

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
I came back recently from a week without internet and just caught up over 200 pages. No regrets, except for the 20 pages of whining magamen and the morons who reply to them. Keep on lolling in the free world. We

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This might be one of my favorite tweets I have seen in a long time

https://twitter.com/dittman_beth/status/900078670995443713

Honestly I am always confused if they think they are doing some gotcha on nomenclature or if they really don't understand that the parties flipped decades ago and all the shithead racists become Republicans.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Tax Inductions posted:

I came back recently from a week without internet and just caught up over 200 pages. No regrets, except for the 20 pages of whining magamen and the morons who reply to them. Keep on lolling in the free world. We

yea for real do not reply to chuds itt

this is holy ground, highlander

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

http://www.kitv.com/story/36191983/emails-breitbart-editor-pledges-to-do-dirty-work-for-bannon-smears-ivanka

quote:

WASHINGTON (CNNMoney) -- A self-described "email prankster" seemingly fooled top editors at Breitbart over the weekend into believing he was Steve Bannon, the fired White House chief strategist who returned to the right-wing website as executive chairman on Friday.

In the emails, Breitbart Editor-in-Chief Alex Marlow pledged that he and several other top editors would do Bannon's "dirty work" against White House aides. The emails were shared with CNN by the prankster.

In other emails, Marlow suggested he could have Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump ousted from the White House "by end of year" and shared a personal smear about their private lives, perhaps an indication of how low the website is willing to go to achieve its agenda.

This is not the first time the anonymous email prankster, who tweets under the name @SINON_REBORN and describes himself as a "lazy anarchist," has pulled a stunt like this. In July, the person fooled top White House officials into thinking he was other officials, causing a stir in the West Wing. At the time, press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the White House was "looking into" the incidents.

The editor in chief was unrepentant, telling CNN, "The media obsession with Breitbart News is simply a result of our effectiveness. Now after someone deceitfully obtained and shared with CNN tongue-in-cheek emails, there is an attempt to show that we feel Globalists present an existential threat to the agenda that got President Trump elected." Marlow suggested, "If anyone wants to know our thinking...they can simply read our front page."

The email exchanges began with the prankster writing Breitbart editors a simple message from an account masquerading as Bannon's.

"Reading online about how i'll be bringing forth my wrath on Ivanka and Jared," read an email sent Sunday from the fake Bannon account to Marlow. "I'd be doing this great nation a service if I did."

"I spooked em today," replied Marlow. "Did five stories on globalist takeover positioning you as only hope to stop it."

"You need to own that, just have surrogates do the dirty work. Boyle, Raheem, me, Tony have been waiting for this," Marlow added, referring to Washington editor Matthew Boyle, Breitbart London Editor-in-Chief Raheem Kassam, and reporter Tony Lee.

The prankster, posing as Bannon, emailed Marlow a link to a Sunday Breitbart post that aggregated a Daily Mail report to suggest Ivanka Trump was instrumental in pushing Bannon from the White House.

"This was a fun read," the fake Bannon account said.

Marlow then shared a personal smear about the private life of Ivanka Trump, and her husband, Kushner. CNN has chosen not to repeat the smear because it is unfounded and unsubstantiated.

"Haha.. lovely stuff," replied the fake Bannon account. "So do you think you'll have them packed and shipping out before Christmas?"

"Let me see what I can do... hard to know given your description of them as evil," Marlow replied. "I don't know what motivates them. If they are semi normal, then yes, they out by end of year."

Marlow added: "You saying no admin is more divided is more important thing you said all weekend... let's talk about it in person."

A White House spokesperson declined to comment on the emails about Ivanka Trump and Kushner. Bannon also did not respond to CNN's requests for comment.

The prankster did not stop the emails and continued to bait Marlow, sending the Breitbart editor messages that were increasingly absurd.

In another email thread, the prankster seemed to fool Joel Pollak, Breitbart's senior editor-at-large.

"No one can figure out what [Ivanka Trump and Kushner] do," Pollak wrote in an email to the fake Bannon account.

"Had a good chat with Alex," the prankster replied, referring to Marlow. "Seems he's already aligning the crosshairs and making me the masked puppeteer."

"Excellent. I just tried calling," Pollak wrote back. "Not sure if you have the same number. I'm at 847-XYZ-XXXX. Available anytime."

The prankster told CNN that the latest stunt was inspired by Bannon's ouster and how Breitbart was "literally falling over itself to attack those he sat drinking coffee with days before."

"It all seemed very duplicitous and littered with nuance and righteousness," the prankster said. "I don't much care for the Trump administration or Breitbart so I didn't really do much but see what happened."

After the Breitbart editors realized they had been hoodwinked, Breitbart president and CEO Larry Solov wrote a cautionary note to staffers.

"For the moment, be especially careful of emails from this address," Solov wrote in the company's internal Slack channel, a copy of which was obtained by CNN.

Solov added: "They are fake."

Bannon served as executive chairman of Breitbart before he joined the Trump campaign last August and later took the role as chief strategist in the White House. On Friday, mere hours after being fired by Trump, Bannon returned to Breitbart as executive chairman.

Immediately after Bannon's return, Breitbart started to prepare stories critical of people in the Trump White House, a person at the website told CNN on Friday. It's most likely the site will not -- for now, at least -- directly attack the president. Instead, it will likely focus its ire on people in Trump's circle who had clashed with Bannon, or who are viewed as Democrats or "globalists." On Monday, for instance, the website savaged Trump's speech on Afghanistan, placing much of the blame for the strategy on National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster.

Bannon, for his part, has strongly hinted at a war with members of the White House. He told the Weekly Standard on Friday that he felt "jacked up" to be back at Breitbart and once again have his hands "back on my weapons."

"Someone said, 'it's Bannon the Barbarian.' I am definitely going to crush the opposition," he said. "There's no doubt. I built a f***ing machine at Breitbart. And now I'm about to go back, knowing what I know, and we're about to rev that machine up. And rev it up we will do."

The whole thing is beautiful. :allears:

What is the "smear" on Jared/Ivanka?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

bloom posted:

How often do you guys pause and wonder at how insane the world is atm? I'd say there's 2-3 moments during any given day when I'm just like "whoa, the president of the us stared into the sun and that's being hailed as brave and clever. what's even going on?"

remember when they tried to spin covfefe as some sort of secret code instead of just admitting the God Emperor made a typo

I think that's when I realized the USA had jumped the shark

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Three Olives posted:

or if they really don't understand that the parties flipped decades ago and all the shithead racists become Republicans.

It's this. Modern conservatives are stupid as gently caress. It is scientific law. (Trump is president lol)

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Katana Gomai posted:

remember when they tried to spin covfefe as some sort of secret code instead of just admitting the God Emperor made a typo

I think that's when I realized the USA had jumped the shark

that was about the time that people started talking about trumps golf game like DPRK politburo does of the Kim family

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

next year some guy will be shipped off to Afghanistan and die there and he will be the first US casualty in this war to have been born after 9/11

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Seems kinda like bullshit, I feel like at some point someone would have texted Steve Bannon, or like literally turned around in the office to be like, "yo homie I don't recognize this screen name, is this you?"