Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Baskets is loving amazing, I need to get around to finishing season 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Louie Anderson is loving amazing on Baskets.

Creepily accurate too; my grandmother was Christine Baskets in every aspect.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
If you have a New York Public Library card you'll be able to stream 30k movies.

p cool imo

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

deoju posted:

p cool imo

It looks like a lot of universities have this service too. This is awesome. Thanks!

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

deoju posted:

p cool imo

Brooklyn Public Library can also link up to NYPL if you only have one of the two cards. NYPL allows for ten films to be viewed a month with Kanopy, BPL six.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Just started watching What Happened to Monday? and that finger-cutting scene was so dumb.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Lycus posted:

Just started watching What Happened to Monday? and that finger-cutting scene was so dumb.

The whole movie was dumb and a waste of three really good actors.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The whole movie was dumb and a waste of three really good actors.
Other issues with the concept aside, when I first read the description, I thought it was gonna be about each one going through their daily routine while gathering clues to solve a mystery, not immediately jumping into running and gunning.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Ozark is giving me a True Detective season 1 feel, but a little lighter and without the voodoo bullshit.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I started Ozark tonight and I don't know if it's actually good, but it's super entertaining and I'm looking forward to watching all of it. It's pretty corny.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

veni veni veni posted:

I started Ozark tonight and I don't know if it's actually good, but it's super entertaining and I'm looking forward to watching all of it. It's pretty corny.

Yeah no I mean that's pretty much it. It's pretty bleak though so if you feel kinda drained at the end you aren't alone

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Stranger Things has been greenlit for a third season.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

coyo7e posted:

Stranger Things has been greenlit for a third season.

Kind of surprised after the 2nd season was so summarily disliked.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

is the number 23 good

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

A MIRACLE posted:

is the number 23 good

Very much not.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

The number is just okay, the movie is bad.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

FrankeeFrankFrank posted:

Kind of surprised after the 2nd season was so summarily disliked.

???

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm more of a 69 man myself.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
You got the joke

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean if the second season tanks they can just... cancel it. It'll be in pre-production until a good bit after S2 drops.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea I imagine they want to get on a more regular schedule, assuming this is going to be an ongoing hit ala House of Cards. People don't like to wait an entire year between seasons.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Infiltrator is on Prime. Really great true-crime-story with Bryan Cranston as a DEA guy in the 80s. Fantastic performances from everyone, even John Leguizamo! Seriously, it's a fuckin' great movie.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Basebf555 posted:

Yea I imagine they want to get on a more regular schedule, assuming this is going to be an ongoing hit ala House of Cards. People don't like to wait an entire year between seasons.

The show runners took the opportunity to also say that their plan is to end after the fourth season.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The show runners took the opportunity to also say that their plan is to end after the fourth season.

If they really do have a good, coherent story planned out to run the next 3 seasons, I'm totally fine with that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The show jokes about this internally, but I really thought White Gold was going to be about cocaine.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Lycus posted:

The show jokes about this internally, but I really thought White Gold was going to be about cocaine.

What's it about then? Based on the photo I assumed it was about a bunch of Wall Street guys in the 80s doing a bunch of cocaine.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

What's it about then? Based on the photo I assumed it was about a bunch of Wall Street guys in the 80s doing a bunch of cocaine.

The white gold is the plastic they use to make windows cheap (that they snort some cocaine off of for the joke) . The main character is a salesman for a window company.

The character thinking he's the hottest poo poo while doing something so mundane is part of the show.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 23, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

precision posted:

The Infiltrator is on Prime. Really great true-crime-story with Bryan Cranston as a DEA guy in the 80s. Fantastic performances from everyone, even John Leguizamo! Seriously, it's a fuckin' great movie.

Oh hell yeah I've been planning on renting this for months.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

A MIRACLE posted:

is the number 23 good

Not at all. Don't let that dissuade you from experiencing it though. It's really something to behold.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I do recall The Number 23 being "so bad it's good" territory. It's definitely something alright.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
The Number 23 is amazing because Jim Carrey brings the fire to his role but the plot is complete nonsense. I remember watching the alternate ending and listening to the commentary because I figured there had to be some type of story behind it going so wrong but, nope, there's nothing beyond Schumacher/Carrey finding the concept of the movie fascinating and a different ending that makes even less sense than the one they used in the theatrical cut.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 23, 2017

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Call Me Charlie posted:

The Number 23 is amazing because Jim Carrey brings the fire to his role but the plot is completely nonsense. I remember watching the alternate ending and listening to the commentary because I figured there had to be some type of story behind it going so wrong but, nope, there's nothing beyond Schumacher/Carrey finding the concept of the movie fascinating and a different ending that makes even less sense than the one they used in the theatrical cut.
23 Skidoo is supposedly a numerology cum acid trip conspiracy, but it's actually a thought exercise to teach yourself your own capacity to find patterns where there are none to become awarevof your weaknesses. I think RA Wilson and Tim Leary came up with it iirc.

Trying to make it into a thriller was a super weird twist but there were a bunch of "go crazy in a cursed room" movies around that time so

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

coyo7e posted:

23 Skidoo is supposedly a numerology cum acid trip conspiracy, but it's actually a thought exercise to teach yourself your own capacity to find patterns where there are none to become awarevof your weaknesses. I think RA Wilson and Tim Leary came up with it iirc.

It's older than them, Wilson says he got it from Burroughs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U28dzaNYEoQ

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

On the last episode of Ozark. I am in love with Ruth and want to marry this fictional character. Can someone experienced with waifus show me how

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Go to a trailer park to find a physically passable hillbilly psycho woman who would kill your for your money the second she thought she could get away with it. Alternately West Virginia.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I saw The Number 23 once, I don't remember hating it :shrug:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Me: Hey, this Number 23 ain't as bad as peop....
Jim Carrey: Topsy Krets.

*heaves DVD player into trash*

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Rough Lobster posted:

Go to a trailer park to find a physically passable hillbilly psycho woman who would kill your for your money the second she thought she could get away with it. Alternately West Virginia.

She just wanted a father figure <:mad:>

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

drunken officeparty posted:

She just wanted a father figure <:mad:>

First the Americans, now Ozark. She's gonna be typecast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

drunken officeparty posted:

On the last episode of Ozark. I am in love with Ruth and want to marry this fictional character. Can someone experienced with waifus show me how

Medullah posted:

First the Americans, now Ozark. She's gonna be typecast.

I think you should watch We Are What We Are.