Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Red posted:

There was a movie in the 80s where the driver or a crew member on an ambulance was a zombie or freaky weird type guy.

For the longest time, I assumed this was Cannonball Run, but looking at the pictures, it definitely wasn't Jack Elam.

Any ideas?

You're sure it's an ambulance and not a hearse?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo_6Fb5k2lo&t=67s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Okay I had a dream about a movie last night and I want to get this out of my head while i still remember. I'm PRETTY sure it's a real movie but it's possible my brain made it up.

I think I saw it as a kid. It's an oldish comedy similar to Clue, about a goofy but effective detective involved in a mystery. Okay, here are some scenes I remember.

The detective is trapped by a femme fatale along with a few former lovers, acquaintances, and others I do not remember. He is given a gun and told it has real bullets, while the rest have guns with blanks. It gets a bit blurry here, but I think he is told one of the people he is with has tried to kill him or betrayed him in some way and he must shoot them. Through some deduction he figures out that two of his party are accomplices of the femme fatale and shoots them instead, foiling her plans and surprising his companions. In a humorous final bit, one of the guys gets angry with the detective for leading them on and fires his presumably harmless gun, hitting the detective in the arm when it turns out not to be filled with blanks. The detective is hurt but has some reasoning for the gun being actually loaded.

There might be a scene later where the detective has to escape from some bad guys and falls from a building into the back seat of his manservant's (butler? It isn't clear) car. He thanks the butler but he was just there to get some laundry or something.

There's also a love interest who fits into it somehow. Sorry I don't have more details. This is killing me - I looked through the plots of all the pink panther movies because it seemed pretty similar to those, but I don't think any fit. Hopefully someone can help.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Zwabu posted:

Zwabu posted:

Not it. :/

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Darth Windu posted:

Okay I had a dream about a movie last night and I want to get this out of my head while i still remember. I'm PRETTY sure it's a real movie but it's possible my brain made it up.

I think I saw it as a kid. It's an oldish comedy similar to Clue, about a goofy but effective detective involved in a mystery. Okay, here are some scenes I remember.

The detective is trapped by a femme fatale along with a few former lovers, acquaintances, and others I do not remember. He is given a gun and told it has real bullets, while the rest have guns with blanks. It gets a bit blurry here, but I think he is told one of the people he is with has tried to kill him or betrayed him in some way and he must shoot them. Through some deduction he figures out that two of his party are accomplices of the femme fatale and shoots them instead, foiling her plans and surprising his companions. In a humorous final bit, one of the guys gets angry with the detective for leading them on and fires his presumably harmless gun, hitting the detective in the arm when it turns out not to be filled with blanks. The detective is hurt but has some reasoning for the gun being actually loaded.

There might be a scene later where the detective has to escape from some bad guys and falls from a building into the back seat of his manservant's (butler? It isn't clear) car. He thanks the butler but he was just there to get some laundry or something.

There's also a love interest who fits into it somehow. Sorry I don't have more details. This is killing me - I looked through the plots of all the pink panther movies because it seemed pretty similar to those, but I don't think any fit. Hopefully someone can help.

I want this movie in my life.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Ape Agitator posted:

I want this movie in my life.

Reading that in the sober evening light makes me pretty certain I dreamt up the whole thing but I'll leave it up on the chance that someone recognizes it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Red posted:

There was a movie in the 80s where the driver or a crew member on an ambulance was a zombie or freaky weird type guy.

For the longest time, I assumed this was Cannonball Run, but looking at the pictures, it definitely wasn't Jack Elam.

Any ideas?

Could it be the original Lars Von Trier's The Kingdom?
That has a ghost ambulance driver, I think you get to see him once in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpiIKUT7QxY&t=153s - For a clip of it, cant find where you see the guy inside.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My BF asked if I remembered a movie involving a 90's kid screaming 'sooooooo sue me!'. I was like gently caress IDK, 'Last Action Hero?' He's guessing on 'Universal Soldier' 'Suburban Commando'
or 'Mr. Nanny'.

Any ideas?

I told him yeah IDK, but I know a place on the internet that I can ask.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 22, 2017

Princess
Oct 11, 2009

That's it, man. Game over, man. Game over!

LadyPictureShow posted:

He's guessing on 'Universal Soldier'

I just re-watched Universal Soldier 2 days ago. I'm pretty sure you can cross it off your list of potentials.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

LadyPictureShow posted:

My BF asked if I remembered a movie involving a 90's kid screaming 'sooooooo sue me!'. I was like gently caress IDK, 'Last Action Hero?' He's guessing on 'Universal Soldier' 'Suburban Commando'
or 'Mr. Nanny'.

Any ideas?

I told him yeah IDK, but I know a place on the internet that I can ask.

It's Mr. Nanny. It's a catchphrase for the villain, and the kid says it back to him at the end. I saw that movie many times as a kid, so trust me on this one.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

MachineryNoise posted:

It's Mr. Nanny. It's a catchphrase for the villain, and the kid says it back to him at the end. I saw that movie many times as a kid, so trust me on this one.

I knew somebody here would know. Thanks!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

happyhippy posted:

Could it be the original Lars Von Trier's The Kingdom?
That has a ghost ambulance driver, I think you get to see him once in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpiIKUT7QxY&t=153s - For a clip of it, cant find where you see the guy inside.

Nope. The movie I'm thinking of is from the late 80s or earlier.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
There's a Larry Cohen film called The Ambulance where a sinister ambulance abducts healthy people. You can tell it's sinister because it's lit from within by green light. Doesn't really have a characterful driver, they're more generic thugs, but there's a whole lot of standoffs with a mean ambulance

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

504 posted:

I saw the 2nd half of some slasher movie and was casually interested in the set up, name it so I can google the basics.

This girl is packing stuff up and she hears another guy and girl screaming, we cut to them and its a (guy in a suit) monster killing them both. She then grabs a cat in a carry case and escapes to a space ship/shuttle, then she finds another of the monsters on the ship.

This is Alien, one of the best horror movies ever made. Run, don't walk, to see it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

There's a Larry Cohen film called The Ambulance where a sinister ambulance abducts healthy people. You can tell it's sinister because it's lit from within by green light. Doesn't really have a characterful driver, they're more generic thugs, but there's a whole lot of standoffs with a mean ambulance

Nope.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

Sounds a bit like the original House on Haunted Hill where a subplot is about the owner of the house and his young wife who hates his guts. There's a fake out shooting in that one.

''Arriving late at night in separate funeral cars with a hearse leading the procession, Loren's guests are told the rules of the party, and each is given a .38 ACP caliber pistol for protection. Forced to attend the party, Loren's wife tries to warn the guests that her husband is psychotic, causing them to be very suspicious of him.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

eric roberts is sober in 50% of his scenes and hosed up in the other half, and stan lee plays his boss

great movie

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The movie I'm trying to remember was late 80's or early 90's. It was about a research vessel that finds a sunken Russian submarine. They all get infected, and the crew members all start melding into one another. It was like a weird mix of The Thing and The Abyss.
THANK You. God that was bugging the poo poo out of me. How does it hold up?

Your Gay Uncle fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 25, 2017

Heem
Jun 2, 2013

Your Gay Uncle posted:

The movie I'm trying to remember was late 80's or early 90's. It was about a research vessel that finds a sunken Russian submarine. They all get infected, and the crew members all start melding into one another. It was like a weird mix of The Thing and The Abyss.

Leviathan

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
This is a comedy, and there's a scene in what is essentially an Applebee's (some lovely chain restaurant) where one of the characters demands to see the chef so he can compliment him on the jalepeno poppers (or a similar dish). They drag out some kid who microwaved the food. I think the characters are drunk.

I feel like this was not an obscure movie at all but I can't picture anyone's face or any other scenes.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

There's the scene in Road Trip where DJ Quallls complains his toast is cold, cut to cooks reheating it down their pants etc?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Samfucius posted:

This is a comedy, and there's a scene in what is essentially an Applebee's (some lovely chain restaurant) where one of the characters demands to see the chef so he can compliment him on the jalepeno poppers (or a similar dish). They drag out some kid who microwaved the food. I think the characters are drunk.

I feel like this was not an obscure movie at all but I can't picture anyone's face or any other scenes.

Likely culprit is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waiting..._(film)

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider
Or possibly the sequel Still Waiting (yes Waiting had a sequel). Comedy Central used to run it in the daytime to give a sense of quality, which you probably also expected.

anticake fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Aug 26, 2017

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Samfucius posted:

Could it possibly be Workaholics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSiOOMHVteU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I'm looking for a quirky, maybe indie movie that was a sci-fi comedy set around kids in high school. I remember that it had a lead character that looked a lot like Bo Burnham. The humor was a little more adult-y than for kids, but I can't put my finger on other aspects of the film. I remember I watched it in the early 2010s and I laughed a lot during it. It may have had something to do with monsters? There was a whole bunch of different characters. It wasn't Sky High.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Turdsdown Tom posted:

I'm looking for a quirky, maybe indie movie that was a sci-fi comedy set around kids in high school. I remember that it had a lead character that looked a lot like Bo Burnham. The humor was a little more adult-y than for kids, but I can't put my finger on other aspects of the film. I remember I watched it in the early 2010s and I laughed a lot during it. It may have had something to do with monsters? There was a whole bunch of different characters. It wasn't Sky High.

Might be Chronicle? The first half could probably pass for comedy...

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Turdsdown Tom posted:

Detention?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detention_(2011_film)

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Sorry I disappeared for a few days but it was absolutely this.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Yeah, that was it. This thread delivers

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
I caught a glimpse of part of a movie as I was heading out the door a few days ago and not knowing what its called has been bugging me ever since. It was a live-action film, at a guess from the late 90's-2000's, and the scene in question had a guy on his hands looking up at an angel descending from golden clouds, dressed in something similar to roman legionnaire's armour and not wearing a helmet. The scene was set indoors, and I'm not sure if the guy was actually seeing an angel or if it was all in his head. I'm also pretty sure it's not Legion.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Angel in armour with no helmet reminds me of Dogma, but the rest doesn't line up so I'm just ruling that out.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Doing some more digging I think the movie might actually be Frailty.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Yeah that's def Frailty.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Frailty owns

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Frailty owns

The best movie no one's ever seen

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

ladron posted:

The best movie no one's ever seen

It's a shame Bill Paxton didn't direct more movies, Frailty showed a real talent behind the camera.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
[quote="“X-Ray Pecs”" post="“475862720”"]
It’s a shame Bill Paxton didn’t direct more movies, Frailty showed a real talent behind the camera.
[/quote]

So did Fish Heads.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

A TV screen still from a movie I was watching with my sister sometime around 1998:
http://imgur.com/UfXU1Dz

Does anyone have an idea what movie this comes from? I don't know/remember anything about it except that it was apparently an animated children's film.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

A TV screen still from a movie I was watching with my sister sometime around 1998:
http://imgur.com/UfXU1Dz

Does anyone have an idea what movie this comes from? I don't know/remember anything about it except that it was apparently an animated children's film.

That's the creepy old dude from Garfield's Halloween Adventure.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

MachineryNoise posted:

That's the creepy old dude from Garfield's Halloween Adventure.

Holy poo poo; you're right! Thank you! I don't even have any memory of watching that movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
There is a movie, I think it came out in the last 10 years-ish.

It's confusing,

There is a scene where two people are having sex (I think) and it keeps cutting to images of decaying animal bodies or something.

And there's this disconnected part of someone's family that lives out in the Bayou or somewhere.

It reminds me of "Adaptation" and there are alligators and fear.

But I don't think it's Adaptation.

It was a really hosed up movie.

Please help.