Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

big boi posted:

thread title, Hand Knit

oh hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Does Ainge have another kid running for Mayor of Cleveland or something?

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Welcome to Spitefest 2: Kyrie's Eastern Ruination

I joke, he's gonna flame into the earth.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Cool Buff Man posted:

Agreed, most people never wanted to admit it until he was out of Boston tho

Also it's like the one person he could have been traded for where the downgrade in defense is neglible.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Crowder was going to be a salary throw in for the Utah deal like two months ago. He's SF depth behind the best SF in the NBA. He's an average player on a great contract that's most of his appeal.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

danny ainge is so bad lol

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

xbilkis posted:

Like gently caress...they weren't willing to move that pick for Jimmy Butler or Paul George while keeping IT, but they're fine with this???

:lol: Danny Ainge

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Does this mean all of Boston have to become flat Earthers

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Shame that Gilbert had to Gilbert before they could pull off the George deal. A lineup with LeBron, George, Crowder, and Thompson might have been able to hang a bit defensively with the Warriors.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Trader Danny

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jota posted:

Does this mean all of Boston have to become flat Earthers

Boston GlobeDisc

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

Lakers 1st*****

***** Protected #1, #6-#30.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

big boi posted:

Kyrie is really loving good and IT might be done

I assume all of this is contingent on IT passing a physical

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

That sure is something

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/894651827622297600

Truly a dark moment.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
so is lebron or crowder going to play the 4 full time ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

In think they do the deal even if it is hurt

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
It would be pretty great if the Lakers pick ends up #1 and the Celtics go from potentially having 2 picks at the very top of a draft class that looks stocked with monsters to nothing

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I don't NBApost like ever but Jesus Christ what the gently caress is this trade? Kyrie on the Celtics? Isaiah getting dealt? talk about poo poo I never expected

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ainge has been wanting to dump Thomas for like a year lol

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

In Ainge's defense, he traded him for a player that should shield him from criticism from casual fans and media. Now he doesn't have to get criticized for letting IT walk for nothing to Detroit or whoever else would have tossed money at him.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

What team can the Cavs sell that pick plus shump or whoever's salary to for something good and cool.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Someone needs to take Kyrie out on the whale watching boats and troll the hell out of him.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

Shame that Gilbert had to Gilbert before they could pull off the George deal. A lineup with LeBron, George, Crowder, and Thompson might have been able to hang a bit defensively with the Warriors.

What we need is the Suns to buyout Tyson Chandler, Bulls to buyout Wade, and both go to the Cavs. I don't think they could beat the Warriors but it might be fun.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Turdsdown Tom posted:

I don't NBApost like ever but Jesus Christ what the gently caress is this trade? Kyrie on the Celtics? Isaiah getting dealt? talk about poo poo I never expected

Greatest Sports League

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Shear Modulus posted:

Yep (he never would have given him the max he was seeking) and I was worried sick about his hip after hearing Brad talk about it this week so at least that's not something I have to think about anymore. I'm gonna miss him though, he really embraced Boston and was thankful for his shot to be the focal point and he's just a great guy :[ I will grow to love Kyrie though

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/900137896807628801

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spacebump posted:

What we need is the Suns to buyout Tyson Chandler, Bulls to buy out Wade, and both go to the Cavs. I don't think they could beat the Warriors but it might be fun.

Ironic that LeBron would win his last championship following the Mavs washed up veteran clicking all at once blueprint.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

IT is a salary dump if his hip is busted and Crowder is a contract easily moved. At the least, it gives Cleveland some flexibility to work around the luxury tax and a good pick.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This that poo poo I need, in the miserably hot summer time. That wild poo poo

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
drat the Wind Horse is married? loving biggest bomb shell in the thread today.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Am I nuts or did Cleveland absolutely fleece them?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

Ironic that LeBron would win his last championship following the Mavs washed up veteran clicking all at once blueprint.

I mean I guess you could call it that when he joins a 40something Manu and Pau but I wouldn't call Kawhi washed up yet.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Oh my god we might seriously get a slightly smaller Kyrie, a solid 3/4, and a weird Euro lottery ticket, and an UNPROTECTED pick from what might be the worst basketball roster you could assemble this year. All for a guy who is honestly just Iverson a taller, slower Iverson. What a wonderful world.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
The Celtics signing Shane Larkin the other week was another clue that they don't believe in IT's hip whatsoever. I honestly hope he's alright

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It seems so

Compare to what Chicago got for Butler and a 1st

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

What team can the Cavs sell that pick plus shump or whoever's salary to for something good and cool.

should probably hang onto that pick for after lebron goes to the rockets.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

ainge is convinced thomas has negative value

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Libertine posted:

Crowder was going to be a salary throw in for the Utah deal like two months ago. He's SF depth behind the best SF in the NBA. He's an average player on a great contract that's most of his appeal.

No he wasn't

• Locked thread