Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Hot Take incoming:

The worst parts of the show, the least interesting thing on the television story, is and has always been the White Walkers and the Ice Zombie Army. Game of Thrones season one was spectacularly well received and drew in a ton of fans from outside the Fantasy & Sci Fi Convention circuits and it barely featured any Ice Zombies at all. I would go so far as to say that basically the quality of each year of Game of Thrones is almost directly inversely proportional to the amount of Ice Zombie featured in the episodes.

The problems with the White Walkers are numerous. We don't know anything about them because they're the mysterious other coming from outside the realms of men and threatening to... well technically we don't know what they're threatening to do; it's probably bad though whatever it is given that they seem to kill all the humans they run across on their march. We also don't know anything about them because all of the characters in a position to learn anything about them or do an expository dump to the audience about what they've discovered don't do that because they are bound up to the books where there is even less attention paid to them than on the television show.

The parts of a television show that people enjoy, especially Game of Thrones, involve characters interacting with each other and having conversations, arguments, rivalries, attractions, whatever. Social stuff. And you can't really do that with the Ice Zombies because as far as we know they don't talk. The show is called 'Game of Thrones' not 'A Song of Ice and Fire' and I think that's important in understanding what people actually enjoy about the show -- people like the politics and plotting much more than the Three Eyed Raven.

Poor Bran Stark. He gets saddled with a lot of the expository duties relating to the Ice Zombies both through his visions and magical training plots and by virtue of being the only main character left up north of the wall or out in the wilderness for long stretches of time without anything else to do. Isaac Hempstead Wright, the young actor cast as Bran, does the best he can with the material but he's not that wonderful of an actor and it's a hard load to carry (and, unlike Maisie Williams, he doesn't get a lot of help from his supporting cast; comparing Charles Dance and Rory McCann to Ellie Kendrick and Thomas Brodie-Sangster is brutal).

As we move into the final stretch, it seems more and more likely that the battle against the Ice Zombies is supposed to be our big final payoff to the series and I just don't care. I think the increased focus and screen time spent doing stuff with the White Walkers has a lot to do with my discontent with the show lately and probably more people than just me.

EDIT: :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ma'am, I'm sorry I didn't get that. Could you repeat your order?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

NorgLyle posted:

Hot Take incoming:

The worst parts of the show, the least interesting thing on the television story, is and has always been the White Walkers and the Ice Zombie Army. Game of Thrones season one was spectacularly well received and drew in a ton of fans from outside the Fantasy & Sci Fi Convention circuits and it barely featured any Ice Zombies at all. I would go so far as to say that basically the quality of each year of Game of Thrones is almost directly inversely proportional to the amount of Ice Zombie featured in the episodes.

The problems with the White Walkers are numerous. We don't know anything about them because they're the mysterious other coming from outside the realms of men and threatening to... well technically we don't know what they're threatening to do; it's probably bad though whatever it is given that they seem to kill all the humans they run across on their march. We also don't know anything about them because all of the characters in a position to learn anything about them or do an expository dump to the audience about what they've discovered don't do that because they are bound up to the books where there is even less attention paid to them than on the television show.

The parts of a television show that people enjoy, especially Game of Thrones, involve characters interacting with each other and having conversations, arguments, rivalries, attractions, whatever. Social stuff. And you can't really do that with the Ice Zombies because as far as we know they don't talk. The show is called 'Game of Thrones' not 'A Song of Ice and Fire' and I think that's important in understanding what people actually enjoy about the show -- people like the politics and plotting much more than the Three Eyed Raven.

Poor Bran Stark. He gets saddled with a lot of the expository duties relating to the Ice Zombies both through his visions and magical training plots and by virtue of being the only main character left up north of the wall or out in the wilderness for long stretches of time without anything else to do. Isaac Hempstead Wright, the young actor cast as Bran, does the best he can with the material but he's not that wonderful of an actor and it's a hard load to carry (and, unlike Maisie Williams, he doesn't get a lot of help from his supporting cast; comparing Charles Dance and Rory McCann to Ellie Kendrick and Thomas Brodie-Sangster is brutal).

As we move into the final stretch, it seems more and more likely that the battle against the Ice Zombies is supposed to be our big final payoff to the series and I just don't care. I think the increased focus and screen time spent doing stuff with the White Walkers has a lot to do with my discontent with the show lately and probably more people than just me.

This post is so bad I'm requested a :banme:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Ma'am, I'm sorry I didn't get that. Could you repeat your order?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-e1Hxy_kQU
A double cheeseburger, onion rings and a large orange drink please.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Someone with plat report my previous post I cannot live with a post so poo poo that has laid this got thread low

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I hope a giant steps on s'more people

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Tired

proof of concept posted:

I hope a giant steps on some more people.
Wired

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Glenn Quebec posted:

Someone with plat report my previous post I cannot live with a post so poo poo that has laid this got thread low

I got you fam.

I hope Sansa had enough foresight to butcher the giant for meat.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The Protagonist posted:

I hope a giant steps on s'more people

I hope some golden company elephants step on some more people in season 8.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
I welcome zombies in my show about hot battledads and dragons

OregonDonor
Mar 12, 2010
It is hilarious how bad the writing has gotten

also lol at the night king and turning the white walkers into the shittiest black metal band ever

OregonDonor fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Aug 23, 2017

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

OregonDonor posted:

It is hilarious how bad the writing has gotten

I'm waiting for Jon to tell Dany how much he hates snow because it's cold and it gets everywhere.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
hurry up and leak the final episode damnit

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

NorgLyle posted:

Hot Take incoming:

The worst parts of the show, the least interesting thing on the television story, is and has always been the White Walkers and the Ice Zombie Army.

Stopped reading right about there.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I think it's a good point, so far the white walkers are pretty boring. No known motivation outside of just kill everything. They're not even especially cruel or evil about it at this point.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This is the worst page of the thread. Page whatever # it is. Post quickly if you want to be part of it. It started off bad. Really bad. It's not getting any better. Unless....

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/6MPlfm0.jpg :nws:

page redeemeed

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Waltzing Along posted:

This is the worst page of the thread. Page whatever # it is. Post quickly if you want to be part of it. It started off bad. Really bad. It's not getting any better. Unless....

I got u fam

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Without question the worst tits in the show. There are a number of reasons for this...

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax

NorgLyle posted:

Without question the worst tits in the show. There are a number of reasons for this...

I just want to know how her nipples changed so drastically between the previous flash and that one.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

what i lack in height I make up for in appetite

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Fake Sansa, Sand Snek, and Missandei are all incredible, but I really really like Carice van Houten's boobs.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

NorgLyle posted:

Hot Take incoming:

suck my dick

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Fake Sansa, Sand Snek, and Missandei are all incredible, but I really really like Carice van Houten's boobs.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

NorgLyle posted:

Salt wife tits.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Z-zombies??

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
the night king has got to be one of the least intimidating guys in the history of anything

outfit look like a dishrag

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

+

=

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Milky Moor posted:

the night king has got to be one of the least intimidating guys in the history of anything

It kind of looks like it was made out of those rubber bar mats swanky places use instead of a metal tray

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

drowned in pussy juice posted:

It kind of looks like it was made out of those rubber bar mats swanky places use instead of a metal tray

Emptying the spill mat into a shot glass and serving it is called a Matt Dillon. Well, at least according to my roommate.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

Emptying the spill mat into a shot glass and serving it is called a Matt Dillon. Well, at least according to my roommate.

its called the irish surprise where I work bc drunk irish people will literally drink anything

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
You know, none of this poo poo would be happening if Varys had grown some balls and had Prince Inbred killed. Don't tell me he couldn't have done it. Fucker was just lazy.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Milky Moor posted:

Wasn't his design totally different earlier on? Like I remember him just looking like an old dude with long grungy hair.

Also best T&A was Rob's side piece who got murdered.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

has that loving episode 7 leaked yet

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Wasn't his design totally different earlier on? Like I remember him just looking like an old dude with long grungy hair.

I think that's a different ice guy

There were like 4 other ones hanging out with the night king, the long hair guy was there.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cowslips Warren posted:

You know, none of this poo poo would be happening if Varys had grown some balls and had Prince Inbred killed. Don't tell me he couldn't have done it. Fucker was just lazy.

lol

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Also best T&A was Rob's side piece who got murdered.

That's just a random white walker. A few have been killed already.

And she was okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Waltzing Along posted:

That's just a random white walker. A few have been killed already.

And she was okay.

Ah, she was okay.

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/HyJhmST.jpg

Fat
Ginger
Manhips
Notwhite
Child
...Pefect