Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Schweinhund posted:

Notice how she kept distancing herself from Michael Sheen. She wants Norm. Letting him know she's not all that committed.

lol true. Not surprised norm went to prison and raped men's assholes for her if she has been temping him like this for 25 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Odddzy posted:

I hope I'm not telling any tales out of school when I'm saying Norm is Gay and it's well known in hollywood and he's alluding to it much much more nowadays.

Is this really the case? I mean I've always thought he was gay, but also wondered if maybe he's just really really committed to gay jokes as a source of comedy.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

fuf posted:

Is this really the case? I mean I've always thought he was gay, but also wondered if maybe he's just really really committed to gay jokes as a source of comedy.

judge for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m110w3GboP8&t=188s

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Odddzy posted:

I hope I'm not telling any tales out of school when I'm saying Norm is Gay and it's well known in hollywood and he's alluding to it much much more nowadays. Stern would bust his balls all the time and make him squirm by bringing out women on his show.

I've heard Silverman talk about the fact she's in an open/On-again Off-again relationship in other interviews too.

This is the worst kind of poo poo to do.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Please go join an Opie and Anthony forum and gently caress off forever. That's not remotely funny.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Norm is a deeply closeted gay man

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

ol yeller posted:

It's not as if i've just outed the guy in front of you all and pulled the veil on showbusiness by outing the guy, the dude's been poking fun at the oblivious audience since his SNL days. You can hear tape of radio DJ's asking him and asking him if he's with any ladies, why not and why doesn't he try and get a partner. He's alluded to his sexuality in interviews, jokes, movies, and quite litterally has told the audience time and time over that he's a deeply closeted gay man. I'm against outing people on principle but the guy, as far as I can tell, doesn't care anymore about that aspect of his showbiz persona.

As the guy posted after me, he's making much more overt jokes about it now. if you're uncomfortable with that, I can't help you, I wish norm well and love the guy.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UJMmF40i3c

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

ol yeller posted:

Can you believe these characters? Way out of line, WAY out of line. Ridiculous.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I've always took Norm at face value when he says he's been celibate for a long time. I guess it does raise the question of what he was up to when he found Adam Eget though.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Norm saw that gormless look in his eyes, and knew right there and then he found the ideal minion.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I'm not sure I understand the reference to "go back to Opie and Anthony" though, what does it mean? I never listened to those guys but went on their reddit once trying to find some interviews or sets with patrice oneal and it was pretty disgusting.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Lol yeah ok

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEiQjc5vkJY

lmao at the intro bit

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Adam's holocaust denial is the best running bit

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Finally caught up with the most recent episodes. Funny stuff, but what most struck me is how blatantly Norm has started wearing his obvious homosexuality on his sleeve.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Wow so cnut is terrible with Star Wars opinions and comedy

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I'd love to live in a world where the mark of a bad person is not liking the right star war.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Odddzy posted:

I'd love to live in a world where the mark of a bad person is not liking the right star war.

the best star wars is the podracer game. literally every other single piece of star wars media is trash

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I'm going to have gay sex with Norm.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Cnut is a worthless prequel defender. Burn him.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Michael Caine committing genocide on all his pets was something I didn't need to know about

Lemon
May 22, 2003

EugeneJ posted:

Michael Caine committing genocide on all his pets was something I didn't need to know about

Weren't they talking about Peter Sellers? I'm a little fuzzy because this was the first one I couldn't actually make it through. Did they do jokes at the end?

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Lemon posted:

Weren't they talking about Peter Sellers? I'm a little fuzzy because this was the first one I couldn't actually make it through. Did they do jokes at the end?

Yeah it was Sellers that did that. Carvey did an amazing short Michael Caine in kindergarten and I loled

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Dude, wtf? He likes the loving Star War prequel????? :stare: Kill it with a dumpster fire.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
GoldfishStew had hours to think of a witty rebuttal and instead burned himself. A sad day in a posters life. It's alright though, were all friends here in the Norm thread.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Dana Carvey is a hack

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Dana Carvey is a hack

nah hes just old

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Dana Carvey is a hack

I thought he was a pretty funny and genial guest. He leaned a little heavily on the impressions but to be fair Norm encouraged it. That Kirk Douglas/Burt Lancaster bit is loving hilarious.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Cnut the Great posted:

I thought he was a pretty funny and genial guest. He leaned a little heavily on the impressions but to be fair Norm encouraged it. That Kirk Douglas/Burt Lancaster bit is loving hilarious.

Yeah I posted before he did that bit. The standup he did was awful but he was a decent guest.

I've read that last joke they did verbatim on the internet circa 1998 though

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lol

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I really enjoyed it, the Miller impersonation was really on point to me, he seemed to enjoy himself and Norm had an interesting conversation with him, he went with the jokes and even landed the last one that was, to me, probably super tough to get in a single read.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

lol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cnut the Great posted:

He leaned a little heavily on the impressions

He is an impressionist.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

He is an impressionist.

Yeah exactly. Impressions are, uh, what he does? Dana Carvey without impressions would be like taking away Carrot Top's props

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Yeah I posted before he did that bit. The standup he did was awful but he was a decent guest.

I've read that last joke they did verbatim on the internet circa 1998 though

it's a Steven Wright joke originally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeUrW-_1ot4

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ol yeller posted:

Dude, wtf? He likes the loving Star War prequel????? :stare: Kill it with a dumpster fire.

my wheelhouse
Nov 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JElnt-C4dI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Aw it looks like they cut the jokes out for some reason.

• Locked thread