Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Pretty much all the budget likely ends up in the soundtrack and dungeons/raids in this game. If you want good world areas, gw2 is honestly really loving good in that department, especially the newer ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I got in to what I think might be my servers only active linkpearl hunt group by being mistaking for a lalafel

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Truga posted:

If you want good world areas, gw2 is honestly really loving good in that department, especially the newer ones.

Just a shame about the everything else.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Apparently I have a really bad tank attitude for letting people do what they want, much to the chagrin of this healer

Also I'm a bad tank because I skipped a couple weeks of grinding omega so I could get my DRK to 70 (did SAM first)

what a weird exdr run

E: Also why is it always with the gear insults, I've never understood that. I mean I can understand being like DUDE YOUR GEAR IS poo poo I CANNOT KEEP YOU ALIVE but "hey your wep is 310 ur poo poo xd" is just loving puzzling to me

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Just a shame about the everything else.

Really the only things this game has over gw2 is boss fights (extreme trials and savage raids, basically), crafting is slightly more interesting, and the amount of good soundtrack. But gw2 is slowly getting there in the fights department, now that there's fights where healers and tanks are required they can do far more interesting poo poo.

Combat in gw2 is easily better, wvw is still real good fun, I can craft with materials stored in the bank directly, there's a wardrobe that stores all my armour skins not just a tiny subgroup. Honestly if they ever get boss fights down to the level ff14 had even in 2.x, I'm probably quitting this one. I already log in pretty much exclusively for raids these days, so I'd rather play a game where not playing for a few months doesn't mean I have to grind brand new gear so I can do it again. :shrug:

Or you could just not be a poo poo and use provoke.

Truga fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Aug 23, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Haquer posted:

Apparently I have a really bad tank attitude for letting people do what they want, much to the chagrin of this healer

Also I'm a bad tank because I skipped a couple weeks of grinding omega so I could get my DRK to 70 (did SAM first)

what a weird exdr run

E: Also why is it always with the gear insults, I've never understood that. I mean I can understand being like DUDE YOUR GEAR IS poo poo I CANNOT KEEP YOU ALIVE but "hey your wep is 310 ur poo poo xd" is just loving puzzling to me

it is kinda weird that everything but your most important piece of gear is 320

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Truga posted:

I agree with both of these posts

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Truga posted:

Nah
E: I mean I did after about 30 seconds of the SAM sprinting around the arena like that was going to do something, which was hilarious to watch

I mean, I wanted to complete the dungeon but I also left loot on roll so they couldn't kick me since I'm that guy

I'll get it next week :shrug:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Haq, I think you're an okay dude but if I'm in a dungeon and Greased Lightning 3 has three seconds left and we just ran into the boss arena and the healer's mana is okay...that boss is getting shoulder tackled.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah that's what everyone loves in EXDR, a massive waste of time

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Haq, I think you're an okay dude but if I'm in a dungeon and Greased Lightning 3 has three seconds left and we just ran into the boss arena and the healer's mana is okay...that boss is getting shoulder tackled.

I mean, that would've been cool but I had 1 more second on Plunge coming off CD as I was running up to the boss and then he darts forward and hits it so I'm like "cool guy"

Blockhouse posted:

yeah that's what everyone loves in EXDR, a massive waste of time

He didn't die and we lost like 30 seconds

30 seconds I will never get back gently caress what have I done, thank you for opening my eyes forums poster Blockhouse

guess I need to buy this to make sure my gear is Up To Par

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You were an rear end in a top hat for no reason in this case, yes. You are the one in the wrong here and the other people are annoyed at you because you threw a tiny hissy fit because someone briefly grabbed aggro most likely expecting you to grab it back.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

love when tanks pull a weird powerplay 'lesson' on a dps for pushing a button and the only one inconvenienced is me the healer

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

ImpAtom posted:

You were an rear end in a top hat for no reason

You've met me before, I see

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Haquer posted:

I mean, that would've been cool but I had 1 more second on Plunge coming off CD as I was running up to the boss and then he darts forward and hits it so I'm like "cool guy"

He didn't die and we lost like 30 seconds

30 seconds I will never get back gently caress what have I done, thank you for opening my eyes forums poster Blockhouse

guess I need to buy this to make sure my gear is Up To Par

you should have the i330 sword by now unless you've not been playing since launch to be honest, even without savage raiding.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

you should have the i330 sword by now unless you've not been playing since launch to be honest, even without savage raiding.

Haquer posted:

:thunk:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

You were an rear end in a top hat for no reason in this case, yes. You are the one in the wrong here and the other people are annoyed at you because you threw a tiny hissy fit because someone briefly grabbed aggro most likely expecting you to grab it back.

Letting some DPS tank for a bit is being an rear end in a top hat and throwing a hissy fit now, JFC :psyduck:

Someone should change your avatar again.

:allears:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

orcane posted:

Letting some DPS tank for a bit is being an rear end in a top hat and throwing a hissy fit now, JFC :psyduck:

Someone should change your avatar again.

Dude I wasted seconds.

loving SECONDS

Dunno I thought it was pretty funny and I would have just shrugged it off if the healer let me die for what I did

It's a game

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

orcane posted:

Yes? It is exactly that? It's certainly not good gameplay, a reasonable response, or something that helps or improves things for anyone.

I feel the same about healers who let people die or DPSes who start doing intentionally bad rotations to 'prove a point' to others. You're not actually getting anything out of it, you're just being whiny because someone upset you. Even if the amount of time you waste is insignificant, congrads, you've done absolutely nothing of value and probably annoyed two other people who had nothing to do with whatever you were being a baby about.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Aug 23, 2017

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

orcane posted:

not doing your job in a coop game because your feelings got hurt is kinda being an rear end in a top hat, yeah

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Even if the amount of time you waste is insignificant, congrads, you've done absolutely nothing of value and probably annoyed two other people who had nothing to do with whatever you were being a baby about.

:yeah:

Also I've gotta wonder if you were expecting validation-from-all-sides for a scenario in which yeah, someone else started it by doing something a little annoying, and then you were the one who escalated it into an actual issue.

Sure, you might get a laugh or two from someone, but I'd expect most reactions to that to be along the lines of "dude you're being a dick and making a mountain out of a molehill, I'm sure as poo poo not validating you for that".

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

it takes less than 10 mins to kill Exdeath Normal though shame on you!!!!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Haquer posted:

You were running up to the boss and he mistimed his samurai shoulder tackle? Good thing you taught him a lesson.

If I'm a dps and the tank starts moving I try to time it so I hit the boss at the same time the tank does with their shield lob move thing. Sometimes I'm a hair early. I've never had a tank throw a hissy fit about it though.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Jose Valasquez posted:

You were running up to the boss and he mistimed his samurai shoulder tackle? Good thing you taught him a lesson.

If I'm a dps and the tank starts moving I try to time it so I hit the boss at the same time the tank does with their shield lob move thing. Sometimes I'm a hair early. I've never had a tank throw a hissy fit about it though.

No he turned sprint on and ran up to it so he wanted to tank

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Haquer posted:

Perhaps shoulder tackle (or whatever) wasn't off cooldown yet, but he had some DPS stack mechanic thing to keep rolling? Point being, even if he was intentionally pulling before you to be an rear end to you instead of for one of various reasonable purposes, your own reaction is what's getting you all this flack, and that's entirely on you and not something you can blame on him.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
The last time the devs obsessed over environmental textures and models, and things players didn't see that much, we ended up with 1.0. There is a good rationale behind what they prioritise in terms of texture quality and poly counts. While it's jarring when you notice it, a lot of the time you don't until it's pointed out and that's the point.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm sorry Haquer this is the NO FUN ALLOWED zone. Better be prepared to take flak for your transgressions!

At least your healer healed the guy I guess? Mine didn't last night to story Garuda when the tank died three or four times and the healer kept hard casting raise. Since NIN can't tank forever we eventually all died with the boss at 5% :ohdear:

orcane fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Aug 23, 2017

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

okay so the first eight times I tried to cast Break on an Arkrose Golem it didn't do anything but the ninth time is the charm

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Haquer posted:

I pop sprint and run up to it when I don't have the kenki to shoulder tackle. It usually makes the timing work out better because I can leave after the tank and get there around the same time.

Any time you're trying to teach someone a lesson you're probably just being an rear end in a top hat and nobody is learning a lesson other than that you're an rear end in a top hat.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
it's not the no fun zone, it's the equal fun for everyone zone. Not really seeing how that's hard to understand unless you lack basic social skills.

Oh right, mmo goon combo. Carry on.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
what boss was that on? Because really I'm putting the blame on the SAM for kiting the boss around instead of just tanking it like a man since bosses are the least threatening enemy in EXDR

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
This loving tank used a damage skill guess he wants to be the dps. Gonna sheath my rapier and sit in the corner to prove a point.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jinh posted:

it's not the no fun zone, it's the equal fun for everyone zone. Not really seeing how that's hard to understand unless you lack basic social skills.

Oh right, mmo goon combo. Carry on.
Cool, two insults in one post :allears:

Truga posted:

Really the only things this game has over gw2 is boss fights (extreme trials and savage raids, basically), crafting is slightly more interesting, and the amount of good soundtrack. But gw2 is slowly getting there in the fights department, now that there's fights where healers and tanks are required they can do far more interesting poo poo.

Combat in gw2 is easily better, wvw is still real good fun, I can craft with materials stored in the bank directly, there's a wardrobe that stores all my armour skins not just a tiny subgroup. Honestly if they ever get boss fights down to the level ff14 had even in 2.x, I'm probably quitting this one. I already log in pretty much exclusively for raids these days, so I'd rather play a game where not playing for a few months doesn't mean I have to grind brand new gear so I can do it again. :shrug:
Agreed. I really disliked HoT and didn't have time to play the supposedly better LS3 stuff yet, but I think I'll play it more regularly with PoF. As a primarily dress-up motivated person in this game, the lack of glamour storage alone is a huge deal, as is everything inventory related really. Also once we're a few content patches in, I always nope out of the treadmill poo poo and we're quickly approaching that point. Logging into GW2 I wouldn't have the newest FotM stat spread or customizable legendaries, but there's not 10 tiers of better gear to catch up to first.

The only thing I have to grind out is hero points in HoT zones, I think.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Renegret posted:

what boss was that on? Because really I'm putting the blame on the SAM for kiting the boss around instead of just tanking it like a man since bosses are the least threatening enemy in EXDR

The one before yojimbo, the one I never use cooldowns on and stay out of grit because it does gently caress all damage.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
just tell them the new meta is DPS tank so the tank can pick up the adds

e: assuming it's the boss I'm thinking of because Kugane is a completely forgettable dungeon

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's the big ninja with the ninja adds, yeah.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Renegret posted:

just tell them the new meta is DPS tank so the tank can pick up the adds

e: assuming it's the boss I'm thinking of because Kugane is a completely forgettable dungeon

It's the floor flipping ninja. Literally his hardest hitting attacks are his autos.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

orcane posted:

Cool, two insults in one post :allears:

Agreed. I really disliked HoT and didn't have time to play the supposedly better LS3 stuff yet, but I think I'll play it more regularly with PoF. As a primarily dress-up motivated person in this game, the lack of glamour storage alone is a huge deal, as is everything inventory related really. Also once we're a few content patches in, I always nope out of the treadmill poo poo and we're quickly approaching that point. Logging into GW2 I wouldn't have the newest FotM stat spread or customizable legendaries, but there's not 10 tiers of better gear to catch up to first.

The only thing I have to grind out is hero points in HoT zones, I think.

I'd argue for GW2 that while gear doesn't have any treadmill to speak of, the amount of time you actually have to spend grinding for a lot of poo poo is basically equivalent to a full anima weapon. It's just a constant slew of anima weapon tier grinds and that's awful. It's one of my biggest complaints about the game. FF14 may have ilvl but they actively make an effort to allow catching up quickly and easily.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Haquer posted:

The one before yojimbo, the one I never use cooldowns on and stay out of grit because it does gently caress all damage.

You weren't in tank stance so the dps obviously thought you didn't want to tank and was trying to teach you a valuable lesson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it's really dumb to go out of your way to cause drama in a roulette party