Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Khorne posted:

Yeah, same, I can't front rack. Even with straps I have difficulty hitting the position lmao.

If you figure out anything that works feel free to share.

Work on shoulder mobility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Metanaut posted:

Correct me if im wrong, but i think it depends on your stance. Wider the stance, the more you should point your toes out. If you're really narrow, you should point them forward.

What finally worked for me, was mid high bar and quite narrow stance. It feels nice and solid, while low bar wide stance feels wobbly and weak.

JFairfax posted:

I thought the idea was that your feet were aligned with your femurs and that when squatting your knees are wider than your hips to allow you to squat deep enough as squatting with closed knees is v. difficult.

therefore naturally your toes will be pointed out to some degree

i'm also more than happy to be corrected if im wrong because I am certainly not trained in this stuff.

Instead of waiting to be corrected you could just watch the loving video I linked in the first place.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

1st AD posted:

Work on shoulder mobility
My hands go past my shoulders while my forearms mash into my biceps and my palms don't face anywhere near up. A feeling of helplessness and confusion rushes over me. I don't know what to do.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Metanaut posted:

Correct me if im wrong, but i think it depends on your stance. Wider the stance, the more you should point your toes out. If you're really narrow, you should point them forward.

No.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Khorne posted:

My hands go past my shoulders while my forearms mash into my biceps and my palms don't face anywhere near up. A feeling of helplessness and confusion rushes over me. I don't know what to do.

Elbows up.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
One of the regulars at my Gym telling me how much of a benefit vitamin D is to your gains this morning

I've missed an opening here right?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
You missed an invitation.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

sassassin posted:

Elbows up.
I think looking at images of the rack position my elbows actually need to come down?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Khorne posted:

I think looking at images of the rack position my elbows actually need to come down?

I can't imagine what you're doing that would lead this to be the case but any normal person is going to be pushing their elbows up to achieve a proper rack position.

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

BoonyPC posted:

One of the regulars at my Gym telling me how much of a benefit vitamin D is to your gains this morning

I've missed an opening here right?

it is actually important. if you have a deficiency (which a lot of people do from not going outside) it can affect your ability to recover from workouts

I don't know if taking it when you otherwise have healthy levels is going to give any kind of boost, probably not

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I'm a pale goon shut-in and my blood vitamin D levels are fine. Maybe you have to be hosed some other way for it to be an issue.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

He wanted to cum in ur mith

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
i can't imagine how you would be lacking vitamin D unless u were fritzl children level of shut in

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Vitamin Ddddddddiiiiiiiiick! LOL! 😂😂😂

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I know it's probably all in my head, but when I take vitamin D I feel much more anxious and twitchy in general after a day or two of taking it, it's weird. I've tried it a few times now so it wasn't a one time coincidence sort of deal.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
So the stall showers are closed for repairs in the school gym.
School starts in less than a week, with new freshmen who're gonna come in and wanna get jacked (for like a week).

It's about to get crowded in the big gay shower room.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I know it's probably all in my head, but when I take vitamin D I feel much more anxious and twitchy in general after a day or two of taking it, it's weird. I've tried it a few times now so it wasn't a one time coincidence sort of deal.

You're an alcoholic, your body isn't used to normal blood chemistry. Try a little folic acid and feel the rush.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Apparently this guy died an all natty death last night https://www.instagram.com/p/BYBMpiFgJ-4/

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

juts hard word and dedication, anything is possible

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

#worktillitpaysoff indeed

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

a mysterious cloak posted:

You're an alcoholic, your body isn't used to normal blood chemistry. Try a little folic acid and feel the rush.

thanks for the insight I guess. everything was good on my CMP, except my T, liver enzyme(not alcohol related btw) and vitamin D. I was considering trying to take a smaller bit of vitamin D maybe every 3 days to see if I can ease into it. I don't think the CMP tested for most vitamins though, seemed like what I recall was mostly electrolytes and D being on there.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just ended up doing an unplanned extra set of calf raises because a chick in yoga pants jumped on the treadmill right in front of me. Now I probably won't be able to make it up the stairs at home, thanks!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

mobby_6kl posted:

Just ended up doing an unplanned extra set of calf raises because a chick in yoga pants jumped on the treadmill right in front of me. Now I probably won't be able to make it up the stairs at home, thanks!

This is why people who build home gyms are idiots.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lmao if one more set of calf raises makes u that sore just lmao

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i would do calf raises, but i don't own a farm

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Chinatown posted:

lmao if one more set of calf raises makes u that sore just lmao

You should work harder.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

You should work harder.

perhaps get bigger calfs? :shrug:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Do big calves mean you can't work them to exhaustion?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
my gym got some new equipment

http://i.imgur.com/W6XXVbA.mp4

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

Do big calves mean you can't work them to exhaustion?

sure

JFairfax posted:

I prefer this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asZ2RHPHT4c

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

mobby_6kl posted:

I loving love going to the gym.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

JFairfax posted:

Machines can't compete with the old timey natural way my friend

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I'm basically done bulking right now and I've gotten so much loving stronger. Been stuffing my maw all day everyday. But now I want prettiness. I need to find a good diet goons

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Just stop eating that much.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

buddhanc posted:

I'm basically done bulking right now and I've gotten so much loving stronger. Been stuffing my maw all day everyday. But now I want prettiness. I need to find a good diet goons

I'm just starting bulking in earnest for the first time, it's scary

Like I've gotten so used to eating, like, an egg for lunch

Or a yogurt

Now I'm supposed to get a Mount Italy at Arbys and then keep snacking all afternoon, how can this be

Do I just eat as much meat and protein as possible, or wallow in the pastry aisle or what

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
If you're not eating a 3500 calorie/day surplus you can't call it a bulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dum Cumpster posted:

If you're not eating a 3500 calorie/day surplus you can't call it a bulk.
I've gained 8lbs on my recent cut. Why can't I eat 4200 kcal/day and lose weight?