Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Zopotantor posted:

Did you find the lady obsessed with cooking inedible food? (The whole area is :barf:, she must have been at it for a long time.)

lol yes- was trying to figure out if there was a point to the area besides the shrine being there and them teaching you about cooking mistakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The game outright tells you to do this.

I'm really not sure if I somehow missed that or just didn't process what it was actually telling me :downs:
either way felt like a real dope when it finally connected.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/HouseGOP/status/900484476664524805

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
kil me

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

The hero goes into people's homes and steals their hard earned and well hidden money?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm never playing Zelda again.:barf:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yo gently caress everything about that

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

These mother fuckers

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

You loving idiots, it was 1889.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You loving idiots, it was 1889.

indeed, the original Great Mystery and Romance of the Princess Zelda was meeting point of two late 19th century crazes, board games and occultism, it was the first popular board game to offer divinatory features similar to that of a ouija board though the feature was later removed to complaints about the quality of the summoned spirits' voice work

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I really dislike thunderstorms in this video game because it prevents you from climbing which is a huge part of your day to day activities and it's a hassle having to unequip metal items

Being unable to do things in a massive open RPG due to 'the weather' is bad

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Let link to 3 pull-ups then jump. Repeat. Congratulations you just beat the loving thunderstorm

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Having more interior spaces would have been a really cool way to get around inclement weather. Thunderstorm? Go explore a nearby cave or ruin!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Everything Burrito posted:

Having more interior spaces would have been a really cool way to get around inclement weather. Thunderstorm? Go explore a nearby cave or ruin!

yea this has been my biggest genuine negative of the game so far. Rain and thunder is just a game pausing event and that bugs me. There's nothing to do while it rains so I'm left just running around and praying the small climbs I do risk don't get completely ruined by random slipping.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The slipping isn't random, it's completely predictable and able to be overcome. Get more stamina and climbing gear.

Also, there is tons to do even in the rain.

I get if you don't like it, but don't talk it down for BS reasons.

ZDL

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Rain is just the only obstacle that can't be straight up overcome with gear or preparation. Heat and cold have elixirs and clothes. Even thunder has the special helm. Rain makes you slip. Period, full stop. Even if max climbing gear negated the extra stamina loss from slipping, that would at least mitigate it. But nope. You slip and lose extra stamina no matter what.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

You can do 3 pulls of a climb and a leap in the rain...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Norns posted:

You can do 3 pulls of a climb and a leap in the rain...

Following which, you slip and lose extra stamina.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm pretty certain you can just repeat the pattern till you run out of stam?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Norns posted:

I'm pretty certain you can just repeat the pattern till you run out of stam?

Yes. But you won't get anywhere near the same climb distance you can when it's not raining.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Okay? You still have options. Everyone is acting like you just fall automatically if anything is wet.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
Yeah, but the doom and gloom y'all spin around rain makes it sound like it's legitimately impossible to make forward progress when it's merely a matter of timing. And fwiw it's closer to 5.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Climbing is more difficult in the rain, but not impossible. There are several ways to get around it.

1. The 1-2-3 Leap strategy. Climb for three seconds and leap before you slip. You use extra stamina, but you still make progress. This is aided by movement speed buffs and climbing clothes, because they allow you to get farther in the three seconds between slips.
2. Stamina and Endurance Foods. Endurance stuff is especially great since it automatically gives you full stamina when cooked. Climbing using the above method is very stamina intensive, so buff your stamina bar.
3. Revali's Gale.
4. If a surface is protected from the rain, it's still climbable. The stalks of those giant mushroom things, for example; the rain isn't falling on them, so you won't slip when climbing.

Thunderstorms and rain also have a positive purpose, as they dramatically increase the strength and effectiveness of shock and thunder weapons, and make stealth much easier because the rain makes it harder for enemies to hear your footsteps.

EDIT: And it makes it possible to shield surf on the wet grass.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Beasteh posted:

I really dislike thunderstorms in this video game because it prevents you from climbing which is a huge part of your day to day activities and it's a hassle having to unequip metal items

Help out the sand city and this isn't a problem ever again.

But I will still agree rain climbing sucks :colbert:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

yea this has been my biggest genuine negative of the game so far. Rain and thunder is just a game pausing event and that bugs me. There's nothing to do while it rains

its a good opportunity to chill, smoke a bowl, and listen to the rain imo

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Zelda is a good weed game

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Norns posted:

Zelda is a good weed game

I believe its called hyrule herb.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

What did this used to be? It's down now.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The GOP trying to make comparisons between the tax code and Zelda and getting a lot of information wrong in the article.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Beasteh posted:

Being unable to do things in a massive open RPG due to 'the weather' is bad

sexpig by night posted:

yea this has been my biggest genuine negative of the game so far. Rain and thunder is just a game pausing event and that bugs me. There's nothing to do while it rains so I'm left just running around and praying the small climbs I do risk don't get completely ruined by random slipping.

You could, you know, leave the area that it's raining and come back later.

Edit: Being on a really high elevation point and seeing a lightning storm in the distance is neat.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Theta Zero posted:

What did this used to be? It's down now.

https://www.gop.gov/what-do-the-the-legend-of-zelda-and-the-american-tax-code-have-in-common/

uftheory
May 30, 2003

jivjov posted:

Rain is just the only obstacle that can't be straight up overcome with gear or preparation. Heat and cold have elixirs and clothes. Even thunder has the special helm. Rain makes you slip. Period, full stop. Even if max climbing gear negated the extra stamina loss from slipping, that would at least mitigate it. But nope. You slip and lose extra stamina no matter what.

I hate this argument. There are most certainly potions to get around the rain. . They are called stamina potions. Make a ton of them and climb all you want in the rain.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Well, this is perplexing.

My quest screen says I have 82/83 side quests complete. But I just went through a list of every side quest individually and verified that each and every one of them was present and completed in my quest screen. This includes the DLC quests. So, uhh... I have no idea what I'm missing, because as far as I can tell, I shouldn't be missing anything.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Quests you haven't found the start of don't count as complete, even if you already independently found the reward for the quest. On several occasions I stumbled across a shrine, then, many hours later, talked to an NPC who gave me a quest, then said something about being surprised that I had already figured it out, and then I got the quest start and quest complete notifications immediately.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Quests you haven't found the start of don't count as complete, even if you already independently found the reward for the quest. On several occasions I stumbled across a shrine, then, many hours later, talked to an NPC who gave me a quest, then said something about being surprised that I had already figured it out, and then I got the quest start and quest complete notifications immediately.

I know that. I meant that I found a list that supposedly has every sidequest on it online, went through one-by-one, and verified that every quest was present and completed in my own quest log. I did not find any names on that list that weren't present in my quest log, so either that list is incomplete or my game glitched and didn't give me credit for a quest for some reason.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
or you miscounted because there's 82 of them and it's actually quite easy to accidentally skip one

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Suspicious Dish posted:

or you miscounted because there's 82 of them and it's actually quite easy to accidentally skip one

yeah, i had to go through the list a couple of times, it's easy to miss one

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I'll try copying the list into notepad so I can strike through the ones I verify. We'll see if that helps.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Just got to Akkala (elephant and bird freed so far) and holy poo poo there's so much to do here

Who is this Kilton fellow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Beasteh posted:

Who is this Kilton fellow

The people at the stables in Akkala know more about him