Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

feedmyleg posted:

Casper is a lot more emotionally complex than it has any right to be. I'm also blinded by nostalgia and Ricci was a big crush of mine in the 90s, but there is a real sadness to the film, and it has significant emotional merit for children.

This is the canon Casper origin story as far as I'm concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I love Marge's :stare: face in that bit.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af86I5Er_Mc

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Aug 23, 2017

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I came to post this, you wonderful bastard.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Todd Phillips to co-write and direct a Joker origin movie, Scorsese is producing, current idea is it will be a standalone movie with no connection to the DC universe nor Jared Leto

http://deadline.com/2017/08/the-joker-origin-movie-todd-phillips-martin-scorsese-scott-silver-batman-dc-universe-1202154053/

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tars Tarkas posted:

Todd Phillips to co-write and direct a Joker origin movie, Scorsese is producing, current idea is it will be a standalone movie with no connection to the DC universe nor Jared Leto

http://deadline.com/2017/08/the-joker-origin-movie-todd-phillips-martin-scorsese-scott-silver-batman-dc-universe-1202154053/
No franchise, no Leto is nice. But does anyone really care? Joker as DC's Satan is getting pretty old.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
No Leto is not nice. He should write, star and direct.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Let Joker should get a cameo in the very least.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Mr. Nobody but instead of a guy living out 3 lives with 3 different women, it's Leto living out 3 lives as 3 different jokers

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Detective No. 27 posted:

Let Joker should get a cameo in the very least.

That man gave years of his life to become the Joker. He is now the Joker. Let him have it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I came to post this, you wonderful bastard.

So did I!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I thought the whole thing with the Joker is that he has no origin, he's just some random thug who gets knocked into a vat of chemicals.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The thing you just said is an origin

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!
I feel like a Joker origin story would kinda lessen his character or something. Like that Rob Zombie Hallowe'en movie. Yeah of course he's a serial killer you just spent an hour showing us his hosed up childhood. Note that this comes from someone who doesn't really care about the character anymore. The Ledger Joker worked because he had no origin (or several. Depending how you look at it.)

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Joker's old hat, give me a cinematic Nolan esque interpretation of Condiment King as portrayed by Robert Pattinson or give me death.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
This is what you get when you complain about the Leto Joker:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
A.....slightly better joker?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CharlestheHammer posted:

A.....slightly better joker?

See, this is why you shouldn't take people's complaints too seriously.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Leto Joker isn't that bad.

He's just outranked by Jack Nicholson, Mark Hamill and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QehZjjwb7-I

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Terminator 2 3d comes out friday, will it be as good as the Jurassic Park 3d?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

See, this is why you shouldn't take people's complaints too seriously.

I agree people just need to let the lovely Leto Joker go.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

syscall girl posted:

Leto Joker isn't that bad.

He's just outranked by Jack Nicholson, Mark Hamill and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QehZjjwb7-I

God he was great. So believably intimidating.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

I agree people just need to let the lovely Leto Joker go.

Unless you're WB, because ignoring him would just mean I have to hear more complaints that there wasn't enough of him in Suicide Squad.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
WB can't let Leto go without getting a bunch of used condoms sent to them in the mail.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

WB can't let Leto go without getting a bunch of used condoms sent to them in the mail.
All from Leto himself. Which is worse if you put any credence in the Leto is a horrible pedo and possibly the next Cosby rumors.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Casimir Radon posted:

All from Leto himself. Which is worse if you put any credence in the Leto is a horrible pedo and possibly the next Cosby rumors.

I believe them fully. Who better to play the Joker?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

I had not heard of this.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

At this point, I'd rather have a Joker film instead of another drat Batman film.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

At this point, I'd rather have a Joker film instead of another drat Batman film.

Who would be the best Joker?

And who would be the best Superman?

Do a gender switch though.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Supe busters

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That lady who played Martha Wayne for Joker. Uh... Hmm... I'll say... Missy Pyle for Superman.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Martin Lawrence is saying that Bad Boys 3 is probably not happening. I have no opinion on this as I have never watched either of the Bad Boys movies.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

syscall girl posted:

Who would be the best Joker?

And who would be the best Superman?

Do a gender switch though.

Lori Petty as the Joker (She did a proto version on "Gotham", and she's all I want now)

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

muscles like this! posted:

Martin Lawrence is saying that Bad Boys 3 is probably not happening. I have no opinion on this as I have never watched either of the Bad Boys movies.

Probably for the best, really.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Davros1 posted:

Lori Petty as the Joker (She did a proto version on "Gotham", and she's all I want now)

That's a really good one.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Not surprising after Carnahan walked. Smith is busier than he's been in a long time and it seems like no one's cracked the script to everyone's satisfaction. They probably wouldn't even be able to shoot it for another year and a half at least.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ2KIbxOm6k Get on that!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I predict Bad Boys 3 will only go into production when Michael Bay himself returns to direct.

Maybe there will be a scene of Martin Lawrence driving an all-American SUV through a Nazi mob.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Now The Batman stand-alone movie is also not part of the cinematic universe, aka Ben Affleck is looking for the exit door

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/batman-director-matt-reeves-standalone-not-part-extended-174923486.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why would they announce all this stuff?

• Locked thread