Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

rovert posted:

It is believed that Bound For Glory is Jeff Jarrett vs Alberto Del Rio.

This will be the setup angle for it:

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/900130870010499073

Can't wait for TNA to gently caress up and accidentally use footage from The Crash to set up a AAA angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/877...d-with-creative

apparently rusev and lana quit, according to this no name podcast

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Fake.

https://twitter.com/LanaWWE/status/900504549273870336

Bill Bhatti reported it was legit, which should raise red flags right away.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sportskeeda is poo poo

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Lana and Rusev had contracts with WWE and Bunim/Murray Productions. Can't see them quitting. High spenders too.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

RealFoxy posted:

All 8 of them, and then she's coming for Arn Anderson.

I would mark like hell to see someone on the women's roster practice up until they could do an Arn level spinebuster.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

rovert posted:

Lana and Rusev had contracts with WWE and Bunim/Murray Productions. Can't see them quitting. High spenders too.

How much does her dad fleece for his huckster missionary poo poo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Your Parents posted:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/877...d-with-creative

apparently rusev and lana quit, according to this no name podcast

Link is dead now too

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'll be posting spoilers as the night goes on (or editing this post, depending on how much traffic the thread gets), but I think this is the NXT dark match result:

Jazzy Gabbert def. Leah Knox by submission.

----

Drew came out to cut a promo, Roddy comes out to challenge him for the NXT title. However we have Bobby Roode vs Roddy tonight.

Peyton Royce def. Ruby Riot after Billie Kay interfered.

Heavy Machinery def. some enhancement talent/jobbers.

Roddy Strong def. Bobby Roode.

Drew was out and pointed to Roddy before Cole Fish and Kyle beat Drew down.

Cien Almas def. Bononi

Alister Black is out to cut a promo. Velveteen Dream interrupts. ---From JJ Williams: "intense segment where Dream went further with his ... intentions than ever before." (on a side note, I don't trust where this is going at all)

Johnny Gargano def. Riddick Moss

Lars Sullivan def. three(!) jobbers at once. Now he's being confronted by No Way Jose. Lars destroys Jose again.

Itami vs Ohno in a No-DQ match later

Sonya def. Zeda

Ohno def. Itami after a low blow and an elbow

Nikki Cross and Ruby Riot def. Peyton Royce and Billie Kay

Street Profits def. Ealy Brothers

Pete Dunne def. Wolfgang

Adam Cole, KOR, and Fish all jump Wolfgang and Pete Dunne after the match, but Dunne manages to slip away.

Gargano def. Tino

Bianca Belair def. Lacey Evans

Lars Sullivan def. No Way Jose

KOR and Fish def. Trent Seven and Tyler Bate. Post match, they are ran off by Drew McIntyre, only for Cole, KOR, and Fish to get ambushed by Sanity.

Asuka video package starts playing.

:siren: Asuka has been forced to vacate the title, and is going to either RAW or SD! :siren:

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 25, 2017

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

RIP No Way Jose

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Ohno def. Itami after a low blow and an elbow.

For a sec I read this as Ohno def. Black and I was like WHAT :catstare:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hideo lost another feud? I thought this was the spoiler thread

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did Jose forget to shake someone's hand at Mania Week or something? He was kinda getting over and featured in that whole "Tye Dillinger And His Friends vs. Sanity" thing, but then:

-- Got unceremoniously written off the Orlando card the day of the show

-- Disappeared from TV for months despite not being injured

-- Returned and got squashed with no fanfare, is basically a jobber now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dunne got beat up by the ROH gang

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Dunne got beat up by the ROH gang

That is a very interesting wrinkle.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Please let this lead to British Strong Style vs Future Shock 2.0

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bate and Seven vs. Fish and O'Reilly, which was probably a Progress match a year ago

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/900901397289422848

aaaaaagh

aaaaaaagh :smith:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

lol

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Damnit I wanted to see Asuka/Kairi

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pro Wrestling Sheet:
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/900901715007782912

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Asuka is gonna lose her first match on the main roster isn't she

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If by lose you mean win and by first you mean all of then yes. Yes she is.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Countdown until she has a terrible revolving door series with Nia Jax, forum declares Asuka was Always Bad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

Asuka is gonna lose her first match on the main roster isn't she

First match, no

By Mania at the latest, almost definitely

In the time since she's been in NXT, the longest main roster undefeated streak was Nia with 5 months. Joe didn't even last that long

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DeathChicken posted:

Countdown until she has a terrible revolving door series with Nia Jax, forum declares Asuka was Always Bad

She won't have Ember Moon to carry her anymore.

Ground floor.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Benne posted:

Damnit I wanted to see Asuka/Kairi

Same. I hope the MYC is enough to help the NXT women's division move on, because it always felt like Asuka had that year and a half run to buy them time to develop more talent. It's still pretty thin until we start seeing the big MYC players in the pool.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Also, please don't ruin Asuka, Vince... (he is going to do just that, I know.)

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
None of this about Asuka makes sense.

Doesn't put anyone over on her way out. Doesn't debut for the most interested crowd of the year. Fake? injury. Longest title reign ends arbitrarily. A tournament of women ready to face a final boss is just about to end. No real feud lined up on either show.

This has every chance of being a total disaster. Should be fun.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It makes all the sense in the world. She got too over as an undefeated monster to the point where nobody ever wanted to see her lose. Anybody she "put over" wouldn't be accepted by the crowd because nobody wants to see anybody beat Asuka! The injury gave them a way around this, so they took it.

Also :laffo: at "fake? injury" when absolutely nothing has suggested it's a work.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

the artist known as...asska

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Psychepath posted:

None of this about Asuka makes sense.

Doesn't put anyone over on her way out. Doesn't debut for the most interested crowd of the year. Fake? injury. Longest title reign ends arbitrarily. A tournament of women ready to face a final boss is just about to end. No real feud lined up on either show.

This has every chance of being a total disaster. Should be fun.

That tournament ends in like 2 weeks and she's out for about 8.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Skinty McEdger posted:

Please let this lead to British Strong Style vs Future Shock 2.0

gently caress I didn't think about this but this would rule so loving hard.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

quote:

Nikki Cross and Ruby Riot def. Peyton Royce and Billie Kay

I realize Sanity were working face at Takeover but really?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

VJeff posted:

Also :laffo: at "fake? injury" when absolutely nothing has suggested it's a work.

I see where you're coming from, but I think "absolutely nothing" is a bit of a stretch. Asuka's injury wasn't announced until a couple of days after the show. Looking at the match and after-match interview, she shows no signs of serious injury despite everyone saying that collarbone breaks hurt like hell. Compare that to Big Cass on Monday, where there was an obvious point where the injury was caused, footage of him limping away and cursing, and an announcement on wwe.com before Raw was even finished airing. The x-ray she posted in her tweet doesn't show the affected area at all.

Then consider where JR mentioned having to redo commentary for the Mae Young Classic earlier this week due to "creative changes". Maybe they had to change remarks about Asuka being the one to beat in NXT? You don't think it's even the least bit plausible that the writers came up with an angle over the weekend that allowed Asuka an easy exit to the main roster undefeated?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
It's obviously a work I don't know why this in question

E: I mean unless she's enough of a badass that she can just walk off a collarbone break which isn't entirely impossible

mfcrocker fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Aug 25, 2017

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It was an attempted worked shoot by Asuka going into business for herself but the boys found out they were getting worked when she was shoot asked to get checked out by a sanctioned doctor (shooting) instead of just saying she already did (working)

Her shoot punishment was being stripped of the title and going up instead of moving up and working both shows until she work+shoot lost it.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

VJeff posted:

It makes all the sense in the world. She got too over as an undefeated monster to the point where nobody ever wanted to see her lose. Anybody she "put over" wouldn't be accepted by the crowd because nobody wants to see anybody beat Asuka! The injury gave them a way around this, so they took it.

Agreed... hell, I think giving Asuka a hell of a fight before losing actually may have done more for Ember than winning could have. I think it's much more likely to be a move of opportunity than a worked injury.

The injury is probably real, but a collarbone isn't enough to put you away for more than 8 weeks, generally. Aaron Rodgers missed 7 games with the same injury a few years back and came back fine. My brother broke both of his when he flipped his bike but he was back teaching judo with full contact two months later.

Nipponophile posted:

I see where you're coming from, but I think "absolutely nothing" is a bit of a stretch. Asuka's injury wasn't announced until a couple of days after the show. Looking at the match and after-match interview, she shows no signs of serious injury despite everyone saying that collarbone breaks hurt like hell. Compare that to Big Cass on Monday, where there was an obvious point where the injury was caused, footage of him limping away and cursing, and an announcement on wwe.com before Raw was even finished airing. The x-ray she posted in her tweet doesn't show the affected area at all.
After the match the ref raised her right hand and she looked like she was about to scream. Granted, she sells so well that I didn't consider at the time that she might be legit hurt, but it wouldn't surprise me.

quote:

Then consider where JR mentioned having to redo commentary for the Mae Young Classic earlier this week due to "creative changes". Maybe they had to change remarks about Asuka being the one to beat in NXT? You don't think it's even the least bit plausible that the writers came up with an angle over the weekend that allowed Asuka an easy exit to the main roster undefeated?
They'd have to do that with a legit injury too, since when the MYC actually airs, Asuka obviously won't be the final boss anymore.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Aug 25, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Go RV! posted:

I realize Sanity were working face at Takeover but really?

The full setup was a little different than that:

quote:

* Ruby Riot defeated Peyton Royce and Billie Kay. Ruby starts the match with no partner. Peyton and Billie take advantage, but suddenly Nikki Cross appears at ringside, looking on with a smirk on her face. Ruby turns the tide and crawls to her corner, when Nikki jumps on the apron and tags herself in to a huge pop. Nikki goes crazy on both of the Iconic Duo and hits the swinging fisherman neckbreaker on Billie. Nikki tags Ruby in and leaves through the crowd as Ruby hits a cannonball senton off the top for the pin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I mean that sounds like a Stone Cold segment so yeah that's still a face thing