Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

hawowanlawow posted:

I maintain that Richard calling Red a "magic bastard" is the funniest line in the whole series

I see your "magic bastard" and raise you "gently caress YOU GENE KELLY, YOU MOTHERFUCKER!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

My favorite was the Vegas FBI guy losing it, yelling at his subordinate. It came out of nowhere.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jade give 2 rides:downs: to Janey-E got the biggest laugh from me.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
THERE THEY ARE, ALBERT

FACES OF STONE.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Who else does what Lynch does in cinema right now? There's very few auteurs left, and the only living director that is as good as Lynch is Lars Von Trier- but after he got banned from Cannes he fell into a deep depression again and slowed down a bit.

I was rewatching episode 8 with a friend the other day, and goddamn it most of the White Lodge scenes look like moving paintings. You could've hit pause at any point without the image losing any of its charm. And the audio, both music choices and sound editing (which Lynch does himself) were nothing short of breathtaking. To be honest those were the most hypnotic 40 minutes of cinema/tv I've seen in recent years.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I still say it's "oookkayy, off comes the coat!"

but

Chinook posted:

My favorite was the Vegas FBI guy losing it, yelling at his subordinate. It came out of nowhere.

a very very very very close second

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
"WELL, HE'S DEAD." about Bill Hastings is probably my favorite.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
actually, sorry, I was wrong. it's 'HEEEEEEELL--LLLLLL-OOOOOOoooOOOO" by a mile

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Both uses of "Jade give two rides" get my vote

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
My favorite is SOMETIMES I REALLY WORRY ABOUT YOU ALBERT after that long ankward silence

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun

Magic Hate Ball posted:

We'll get to see the heart of the lodge and it'll be a shiba inu at a control panel.

That would be so beautiful and fitting.

I figured that everybody in Twin Peaks dies.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Only now watched the newest episode, but the Margaret stuff really hosed me up, having only just lost my own grandfather at the end of July. :smith:

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
The way David Lynch says "Please" after Albert says "You heard me!"

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Funniest line for me is Cole mishearing the call from South Dakota. "I DON'T APPRECIATE THAT LANGUAGE. OH, A LOCATION! BUCKHORN!" The spouse and I had to pause the show, we were laughing so hard.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Y'all, morons: all that poo poo you just said (not you Mordja, sorry about your grandpa)

Me, a perfect man: every single one of Wally Brando's lines

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Um I think the most iconic line of season 3 is clearly "gently caress you".

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Vikar Jerome posted:

then what is the point of her crawling and screaming if not part of the larger mirror motifs & themes present in the entire series.
Right, this is why I asked. The video lined up the screams despite not having to, because we all already understood the mirror motif. The person who made that clip did not need to make it at all... the same point could have been made in a single picture, thus why I asked why the video exists and why it lined up the screams. Doing that would normally insinuate there is some interesting synchronicity between the scenes other than the basic fact that they are mirroring each other.
Sorry the reply is so late.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Still crazy we found out that Diane was a real person and who she was.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm super disappointed in their portrayal of her and would rather have not had them go there at all but it is what it is. She says "gently caress you" a lot and that's good enough for me.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

CJacobs posted:

I'm super disappointed in their portrayal of her and would rather have not had them go there at all but it is what it is. She says "gently caress you" a lot and that's good enough for me.

I find her to be a really boring character who only exists for cheap punchlines with Albert

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I would have really liked a reference to tapes or something.

her characterization in S3 lead me to think she HATES the S1 and S2 cooper for being such a goof on the tapes which is a retcon i didn't want.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I thought Albert going "I know, 'gently caress you Albert'." was the payoff of that gag, and was the show acknowledging that it had a recurring joke that had just hit its peak and was now ending.

But then she kept doing it...

...and she's still doing it... :/

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Baloogan posted:

her characterization in S3 lead me to think she HATES the S1 and S2 cooper for being such a goof on the tapes which is a retcon i didn't want.

I think she has/had a deep connection to Cooper and whatever Booper did to her it ruined what I assume was once a charming friendly lady. Or at least, not a bitter and condescending person.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ginette Reno posted:

I think she has/had a deep connection to Cooper and whatever Booper did to her it ruined what I assume was once a charming friendly lady. Or at least, not a bitter and condescending person.

i still think diane, even some hypotetical good diane, would still get steamed about how loving much coop talks about trees and pie

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I like to think what actually drove Diane to drink is actually just how loving crazy everyone else in the FBI is.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
Not 100% what I was hoping for but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt9MJTGsdJA

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

I saw that both of your podcasts this week were 1 hour 2 minutes and had a brief hope that it was some sort of crossover podcast. If you can manage it, I think it would be great if you and the Diane crew did a crossover wrap-up podcast at the end of the season.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Section 9 posted:

I saw that both of your podcasts this week were 1 hour 2 minutes and had a brief hope that it was some sort of crossover podcast. If you can manage it, I think it would be great if you and the Diane crew did a crossover wrap-up podcast at the end of the season.
This would be pretty cool. Both podcasts are such different styles and I enjoy them for different reasons. Diane is much more analytical and approaching everything from a film making perspective and Peaked is just 2 dudes hanging out talking about the show with each other. It would also be great to see the people from Diane trying to explain to the skeptic from Peaked (sorry, I suck at names) why everything is good and perfect.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Section 9 posted:

My first thought is that this would basically be the "good cop/bad cop" of Twin Peaks podcast, but then immediately fixed it to be "good Coop/bad Coop," as it should be.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Baloogan posted:

How is that a retcon?

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

eSporks posted:

This would be pretty cool. Both podcasts are such different styles and I enjoy them for different reasons. Diane is much more analytical and approaching everything from a film making perspective and Peaked is just 2 dudes hanging out talking about the show with each other. It would also be great to see the people from Diane trying to explain to the skeptic from Peaked (sorry, I suck at names) why everything is good and perfect.

Yeah, that's why I'd love for the two to merge and have a big discussion about it all. Both podcasts are good, but they have very different approaches to the show. I'd love for everyone to get together and discuss it. Though I worry it might end up like this thread with people having harsh arguments about what is really happening. But if it's all in soothing British voices I'm cool with that.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Screaming roadhouse girl is just a scene about lonely oppressed people. It's just a good scene. Not everything in the show is linked to The Big Mythology.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

LesterGroans posted:

How is that a retcon?

Yeah, I don't think it would be one, either. We didn't know anything about Diane before this season. She could have found him annoying, for all we know.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Screaming roadhouse girl is just a scene about lonely oppressed people. It's just a good scene. Not everything in the show is linked to The Big Mythology.

I liked the interpretation that Bing and Bown had on their podcast about it being a representation of the powerlessness that women feel with men just sort of controlling their lives. I think a lot of the scenes that aren't part of the main story are just Lynch and Frost telling us how they feel about where the world is and why it is lovely. Dr. Amp is complaining about big corporations and how they control our lives. Gordon talking about "fix your hearts or die". The reactions of the people when the kids gets run down by Richard. It's all sort of discussing how people deal with things, and what is right and wrong in America. It has no bearing on the storyline of Twin Peaks, but it is a serious statement about what's going on in the world today and how people deal with things.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Section 9 posted:

Yeah, that's why I'd love for the two to merge and have a big discussion about it all. Both podcasts are good, but they have very different approaches to the show. I'd love for everyone to get together and discuss it. Though I worry it might end up like this thread with people having harsh arguments about what is really happening. But if it's all in soothing British voices I'm cool with that.
Oh yeah, skeptic dude would not be able to sit in the same room as the Diane cast without yelling. It would be great.

Section 9 posted:

I liked the interpretation that Bing and Bown had on their podcast about it being a representation of the powerlessness that women feel with men just sort of controlling their lives.
I'm on board with that reading of the first part of the line where she just sits on the ground hopelessly as her way of dealing it. Once she starts crawling, I don't feel like it holds up.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Baloogan posted:

i really relaly really hope we get TP S4

My prediction is that we're gonna end on the biggest cliffhanger, and then the show gets cancelled, bringing us full circle. Seriously, though, you cynical bastards need to take a hint from Back to the Future and start trusting in the power of love (that emanates from Garland Briggs' decapitated floating head). I believe in Cole, Albert, Dougie, Hawk, Ed, Norma, Onepunch Man, etc. They're gonna save the day.

My favourite line is: "Mr. Jackpots." *points at self*

Section 9 posted:

I liked the interpretation that Bing and Bown had on their podcast about it being a representation of the powerlessness that women feel with men just sort of controlling their lives. I think a lot of the scenes that aren't part of the main story are just Lynch and Frost telling us how they feel about where the world is and why it is lovely. Dr. Amp is complaining about big corporations and how they control our lives. Gordon talking about "fix your hearts or die". The reactions of the people when the kids gets run down by Richard. It's all sort of discussing how people deal with things, and what is right and wrong in America. It has no bearing on the storyline of Twin Peaks, but it is a serious statement about what's going on in the world today and how people deal with things.

It's connected to the main plot in the sense that all of these things are indicative of the world being out of balance. The black lodge and the doppelganger have caused the world to be in the poo poo, and we need Dougie to shovel us out. Basically, it's Leland and BOB, just on a lager scale.

And More fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Aug 24, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I think it might be the other way around- the world being such poo poo allows Mr. C and the the Black Lodge to flourish.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
"My dharma is the road. Your dharma......."

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

el oso posted:

"My dharma is the road. Your dharma......."

*gesture vaguely towards police station*

Raxivace posted:

I think it might be the other way around- the world being such poo poo allows Mr. C and the the Black Lodge to flourish.

It's not exactly proof, but I think the magical dope peddler kind of hints towards the Black Lodge being the source of that crazy meth all the kids are doing.

One weird aspect is that Mr. C hasn't actually killed anyone innocent yet. Even Warden Murphy must have done something really hosed up. "Mr. Strawberry" sounds like a sex thing, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FSFunky
Aug 13, 2004

it's only falling in love because you hit the ground
I think Mr. Strawberry was the dog