Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Fulchrum posted:

It's one of the small comforts of the last election that, because of how far Hillary bent over bacwards to accommodate you petulant shits, you end up saying that the most leftist platform in history is nothing, because you keep forgetting the facts of the election and need it to be that mean old Hillary really was a centrist, because otherwise your narrative is fill of poo poo.

The most leftist platform wasn't all that leftist it turns out

Weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

So which is it? Was it the most leftist platform ever, or should the Dems not make any promises at all because we're children and can't understand that doing things is hard?

Because if Hillary had gotten elected and then done nothing on the platform, you'd still be here calling us children for expecting her to implement it to the best of her ability.

You can't have it both ways.

Wait, what? If you have proven that you are completely and totally incapable of ever dealing with the truth, of course they should lie to you. The Dems respect for voters and leftists in particular was a huge problem in the election, and they need to treat you like chimps.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Fulchrum posted:

It's one of the small comforts of the last election that, because of how far Hillary bent over bacwards to accommodate you petulant shits, you end up saying that the most leftist platform in history is nothing, because you keep forgetting the facts of the election and need it to be that mean old Hillary really was a centrist, because otherwise your narrative is fill of poo poo.

"We tried lying to you, what more do you want!?"

- DNC

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Fulchrum posted:

We could power loving China if we could harness how quickly goalposts move when you argue.

And we're right back to there's no such thing as complications, everything always works Bing bong so simple, so they lied cause they're meanie meanpants.

And you still somehow can't grasp why you need to be treated like children.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CvQOuNecy4&t=63s

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Fulchrum posted:

Wait, what? If you have proven that you are completely and totally incapable of ever dealing with the truth, of course they should lie to you. The Dems respect for voters and leftists in particular was a huge problem in the election, and they need to treat you like chimps.

ah yes that's a good way to get people to vote for you, treat them like absolute dogshit

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Accretionist posted:

"We tried telling you the truth, what more do you want!?"

- DNC
I know you're stupid enough to confuse the two concepts, but maybe one of the others can recognise the difference between lying and not lying.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

ah yes that's a good way to get people to vote for you, treat them like absolute dogshit

What the gently caress do you do to chimps? Why are you abusing monkeys?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Yay, Fulchrum.

If there's a ban on BernieXHillary chat in the Trump thread, shouldn't there be a similar Hillbot ban here?

Feels like very easymode trolling for some types to pop in, vomit their screeds that would have included the term "alt-left" until last week when Trump appropriated the culture, then scamper back to where they can't be touched.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

This, ladies and gentlemen, is someone who understands how to GOTV.

:downsgun:

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Sephyr posted:

would have included the term "alt-left" until last week when Trump appropriated the culture
You think that's going to stop a shitheel like Fulchrum?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sephyr posted:

If there's a ban on BernieXHillary chat in the Trump thread, shouldn't there be a similar Hillbot ban here?

Can we get a mod to weigh in on this, please? I get constantly yelled at for this in the Trump thread and have been probated for primary chat, can't we get the same thing going on here?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Sephyr posted:

Yay, Fulchrum.

Feels like very easymode trolling for some types to pop in, vomit their screeds that would have included the term "alt-left" until last week when Trump appropriated the culture, then scamper back to where they can't be touched.

Do you propose banning all Hillary talk? Or just all Hillary talk that you disagree with? I'm guessing one will fly, the other will not.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
I see no reason to copy from the bad dem thread. "No primary chat" is a way for bad dems to pretend the primary had no part to play in the general election. No reason to give them the same comforts here.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fulchrum posted:

but maybe one of the others can recognise the difference between lying and not lying.

:lol: Even Wall Street knew Hillary's faux attempt at populism was full of poo poo:

:laffo:

Also: Hi, Brainiac 5! :tipshat:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sephyr posted:

Yay, Fulchrum.

This place is the garbage dump. You don't get to set standards for what gets put here.

You don't seem to grasp the concept of "having any form of opposition other than masturbatory praise from the like minded", and it explains both your intensely stupid ideas of what Obama should have been able to accomplish, and your insistence you shouldn't be challenged in any way here.

Bernie x Hillary is a topic and an argument that has been banned from another thread. By contradt, you want to ban people who point out where you are wrong. You are simply trying to eliminate all sides but yours from a topic.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Kilroy posted:

I see no reason to copy from the bad dem thread. "No primary chat" is a way for bad dems to pretend the primary had no part to play in the general election. No reason to give them the same comforts here.

ditto. unlike the bad dem thread, you can post your opinions on the dems here, popular or not. just no racism and nazis stay out thanks

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Fulchrum posted:

your insistence you shouldn't be challenged in any way here
You think that's what you've been doing, eh?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Kilroy posted:

I agree for the most part, but I think we can probably do without Fulchrum gimmick-posting compulsively like he does.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kilroy posted:

Well at least the trump thread can't monopolize the USPol label and claim that they are the hegemony of acceptable views.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Fulchrum posted:

This place is the garbage dump. You don't get to set standards for what gets put here.

You're not a mod, you don't get to make that call.

Or maybe you should consult the SA platform :smug:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mister Facetious posted:

:lol: Even Wall Street knew Hillary's faux attempt at populism was full of poo poo:

Yes, and trans people knew Trump was lying about hating trans people. You loving idiot.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Fulchrum the day you went into the "The democrats are a waste" thread and called for the Democratic party to treat voters like chimps, was the most important day of your life. For us it was Wednesday.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

ditto. unlike the bad dem thread, you can post your opinions on the dems here, popular or not. just no racism and nazis stay out thanks

Okay.

Bernie deciding to stay in til the convention caused his supporters to become completely delusional and obsessed, with no upsides at all, and is a major reason she lost.

Kilroy posted:

Fulchrum the day you went into the "The democrats are a waste" thread and called for the Democratic party to treat voters like chimps, was the most important day of your life. For us it was Wednesday.

It's thursday.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Fulchrum posted:

Bernie deciding to stay in til the convention caused his supporters to become completely delusional and obsessed, with no upsides at all, and is a major reason she lost.

Swing and a miss.

Still looking for any other excuse than "Hillary was a bad candidate to run" eh, Fulchrum? Have fun voting for Zuck in 2020.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

Swing and a miss.

Still looking for any other excuse than "Hillary was a bad candidate to run" eh, Fulchrum? Have fun voting for Zuck in 2020.

Wow, Bernie must be really lovely to lose to her, huh.

Wait wait Wait, lemme guess. For Hillary, it was only her, there were no other factors. For Bernie, it was the biased media/outside interference/biased dems/ a crooked system/ the fairies/ whatever other weak rear end excuse you can come up with.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 24, 2017

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Fulchrum is no fun, where's Jefferson Clay?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

Fulchrum has been around for a while, he isn't B5.

Fulchrum posted:

Yes, and trans people knew Trump was lying about hating trans people. You loving idiot.

There's a pretty big difference between "a small minority of trans people thought Trump wasn't actually bigoted against trans people" and "prominent bankers, as well as the banks themselves, hold generally favorable views of Hillary."

Hillary was never going to do anything that the banks strongly disagreed with. She has a long an positive relationship with the financial industry. Heck, her relationship with finance is even better than Obama's, and Obama certainly wasn't willing to rock the boat much in that regard either. To be honest, I'm surprised you're not taking the "financial industry actually isn't that bad, people are just unfairly judging them" angle, since that's usually the position held by folks like you.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Okay.

There is very little evidence, if any, that corroborates this claim.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Lightning Knight posted:

Fulchrum is no fun, where's Jefferson Clay?

Pretty sure he tagged out.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

There is very little evidence, if any, that corroborates this claim.

The continued existence of this thread and the absolute need to continually demonize Hillary corroborates this claim.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Okay.

It's thursday.

Bernie voters carried over to Hillary in greater proportion than 2008 Hillary voters carried over to Obama.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Majorian posted:

I agree for the most part, but I think we can probably do without Fulchrum gimmick-posting compulsively like he does.

Definitely. I'm all for talking about policies, candidates and such with anyone who drops by. But people coming in just to relive the worst days of the old US politics thread with blatant shitposting doesn't help anyone. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Fulchrum posted:

The continued existence of this thread and the absolute need to continually demonize Hillary corroborates this claim.
Hillary kinda dropped off the radar for me until the reactions from pols to Trump's words on Charlottesville started rolling in, and I got to compare Hillary's to Mitt's. She, ah, did not compare favorably.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

That is actually not evidence that Sanders staying in the race for as long as he did caused her to lose.

I feel as if you may not be posting in good faith, noted terrible gimmick Fulchrum.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Majorian posted:

That is actually not evidence that Sanders staying in the race for as long as he did caused her to lose.

I feel as if you may not be posting in good faith, noted terrible gimmick Fulchrum.

especially when you consider hillary stayed in the primary race as long as possible and tried to claim that since she won the popular vote, she should be the candidate instead of obama. p shameful

didn't stop obama from winning tho. against a way more electable, centrist republican too! it's almost like hillary is terrible, especially since she had her dream choice of opponent and still couldn't win

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

reignonyourparade posted:

Bernie voters carried over to Hillary in greater proportion than 2008 Hillary voters carried over to Obama.

I know you know this is disingenuous since that doesn't track people who didn't vote, and you know I know it, so why even bring this b.s. up?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Funny thing is that Hillary's main problem with turnout was among Black voters, the same group that Hillary folks love to tell people would never vote Bernie. But let's pretend that this whole discussion isn't disingenuous as gently caress and continue for 5 pages.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

joepinetree posted:

Funny thing is that Hillary's main problem with turnout was among Black voters, the same group that Hillary folks love to tell people would never vote Bernie. But let's pretend that this whole discussion isn't disingenuous as gently caress and continue for 5 pages.

You gonna pretend that voter suppression is targeted at white males?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

joepinetree posted:

I'm not sure I agree with framing that as a "turnout problem" in a world of aggressive voter suppression.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

joepinetree posted:

remember in 2008 when she cast herself as the candidate of white working class people? :whitewater: yikes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjoMcqMTMfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

also, here's a little statistic for people claiming bernie supporters blew it for hillary by having 10% of them vote for trump instead of her

https://twitter.com/jmillerlewis/status/900429108487876609

25% of her supporters in 2008 jumped ship

obama still won

• Locked thread