Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
At this point it honestly seems like a minor miracle that any of these big studios are able to release any films at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

Martin Lawrence is saying that Bad Boys 3 is probably not happening. I have no opinion on this as I have never watched either of the Bad Boys movies.

Are you kidding us?

Those are classics.

e: as action trash

Right up there with The Rock

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I REALLY don't like Martin Lawrence.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Davros1 posted:

At this point, I'd rather have a Joker film instead of another drat Batman film.

Well boy are you in luck, because now there is a SECOND Joker movie on the way. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/joker-harley-quinn-movie-scores-crazy-stupid-love-filmmakers-write-direct-1032210

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

I REALLY don't like Martin Lawrence.

I grew up watching his sitcom so I'm biased.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Martin Lawrence as the Joker.

America should be ready for a black Joker.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Just let Batman and the Joker rest. They need it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

syscall girl posted:

I grew up watching his sitcom so I'm biased.

The pizza joint/Martin tape is my favourite story ever from this site.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

We Hate Movies proposed Wesley Snipes Joker and I totally agree.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The joker should be a Native American guy who goes around killing imperialist whites and the story should be white society is terrified but everybody else is like meh

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Vegetable posted:

The joker should be a Native American guy who goes around killing imperialist whites and the story should be white society is terrified but everybody else is like meh

The Coyote

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Grendels Dad posted:

Sure, he's already played The Dark Knight

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Skwirl posted:

Sure, he's already played The Dark Knight

I'm ashamed that I knew what this was going to be before I even clicked on it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The early 2000s were horrible.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gonz posted:

I'm ashamed that I knew what this was going to be before I even clicked on it.

There was a period between The Dark Knight (the second Nolan Batman film) being announced and any useful information about it being released where it was forbidden to make a thread because the then mod didn't want to have to deal with the drama that a Batman thread that was only speculation, unsourced rumours and contradicting nostalgias would bring up, so someone made a thread titled "The Dark Night" and the OP was a surprisingly well done effort post about the Martin Lawrence film.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

That was a classic cineD time, no Batmens and the still-updating Transformers thread from Terry.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Vegetable posted:

There are a ton of Western films made in the Eastern Bloc in the 1960s/70s that are pretty much this. "The Sons of Great Bear" is probably the best example.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

LesterGroans posted:

The pizza joint/Martin tape is my favourite story ever from this site.

Pure gold

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Skwirl posted:

There was a period between The Dark Knight (the second Nolan Batman film) being announced and any useful information about it being released where it was forbidden to make a thread because the then mod didn't want to have to deal with the drama that a Batman thread that was only speculation, unsourced rumours and contradicting nostalgias would bring up, so someone made a thread titled "The Dark Night" and the OP was a surprisingly well done effort post about the Martin Lawrence film.

I like when he tries to impress the medieval villagers with a lighter & they are nonphased.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Alamo Drafthouse to hold clown-only screening of It.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 24, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well thats it! I'm gonna sue em! How can they do this to me! A non clown person! This is illegal discrimination !!!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Well thats it! I'm gonna sue em! How can they do this to me! A non clown person! This is illegal discrimination !!!

Someone has two different tabs open.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Got some bad news for you there. *leans close* You a clown. *honks nose* *awkwardly shuffles away*

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tars Tarkas posted:

Now The Batman stand-alone movie is also not part of the cinematic universe, aka Ben Affleck is looking for the exit door

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/batman-director-matt-reeves-standalone-not-part-extended-174923486.html

yeah about that

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CelticPredator posted:

Same but earnestly.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Brother Entropy posted:

yeah about that

Batman will be BATMAN.

But not Affleck.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
DC casting brought to you by the Tories.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should pull a reverse MGS2 with Batman, market it as starring someone else, have pictures of him in the batsuit, use him in commercials, then ten minutes into the film Affleck beats up Jean Paul Valley and takes his suit back.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Al Borland Corp. posted:

They should pull a reverse MGS2 with Batman, market it as starring someone else, have pictures of him in the batsuit, use him in commercials, then ten minutes into the film Affleck beats up Jean Paul Valley and takes his suit back.

Why not? DC already burned through Zod, Doomsday/The Death of Superman, and next Darkseid story lines.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The next Darkseid? Not familiar with that.

But I do know the last DC reboot featured as it's opening arc forming the Justice League them taking on Darkseid, so it seems like a completely logical movie to make. That's not a story requiring years of investment, it was one crafted specifically as one for introductory readers.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That's not a story requiring years of investment, it was one crafted specifically as one for introductory readers.

Few if any stories require years of investment

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MacheteZombie posted:

Few if any stories require years of investment

I agree. Comic book fans though, seem to think everything is rushed if it doesn't have at least five prequels.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I heard Alamo is doing this because an MRA asked if they were going to do a clown-only screening of It after they did a woman-only screening of WW.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I agree. Comic book fans though, seem to think everything is rushed if it doesn't have at least five prequels.

I want to believe that Lucasfilm is making Han Solo and Boba Fett movies because they showed the OT to a modern audience and many complained about the sudden unexplained appearance of Han Solo and Boba Fett.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

wyoming posted:

Batman will be BATMAN.

But not Affleck.

It's cool BVS left such a massive psychic impact that the entire nerd blogosphere is now hyperinvested in an elaborate Batman V Justice League metanarrative.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I have zero interest in a standalone Joker movie, but I'd watch Walton Goggins as Joker.

He'd make it work.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I too would like to see a cowboy version of Batman with Joker having a relaxed southern drawl (that's the only incarnation of Joker I could imagine Goggins inhabiting)

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

I swear I made that thread, but don't recall any effort put into it. Don't have search, can't confirm.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Honestly what they should do is have a screening of It where the audience is all clowns, except for one person.

For that one person it will be the ultimate experience in terror.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alec Eiffel posted:

I swear I made that thread, but don't recall any effort put into it. Don't have search, can't confirm.

I may be misremembering. Probably it just had a bunch of people earnestly going with it and and actually discussing Black Knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Parasol Prophet posted:

I have zero interest in a standalone Joker movie, but I'd watch Walton Goggins as Joker.

He'd make it work.

Don't make me like this, don't make me want to like this.

• Locked thread