Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

simosimo posted:

Bray Wyatt
Dolph Ziggler
Sami Zayn
Dean Ambrose
Baron Corbin
Kalisto
Akira Tozawa
Sin Cara
Hideo Itami
Eric Young
Jinder Mahal
Bushwacker Butch
Bushwacker Luke
Konnor
Viktor
Cesaro
Sheamus
Karl Anderson
Luke Gallows
Nikki Cross
Alundra Blayze
Emma
Lita
Summer Rae
Paige
Brie Bella
Nikki Bella
British Bulldog
Buddy Roberts
Diamond Dallas Page
Big Boss Man
Mark Henry
Bam Bam Bigelow
Bret Hart
Dusty Rhodes
The Undertaker
Big Show
Andre the Giant
Kane
Diesel (and Kevin Nash)
Luke Harper
Erick Rowan
Sawyer Fulton
Alexander Wolfe
Killian Dain
Braun Strowman
Goldust
Week 2 roster reveal:

Goldberg
Earthquake
Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart
Larry Zbyszko
Brutus Beefcake
Greg Valentine
Eddie Guerrero
Daniel Bryan
Maryse
Sasha Banks
Bayley
Ivory
Natalya
Mickie James
Becky Lynch
Tamina
Ember Moon
Kerry Von Erich
Kevin Von Erich
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
Mojo Rawley
Zack Ryder
Shinsuke Nakamura
AJ Styles
Bobby Roode
The Miz
Roman Reigns
The Rock
Randy Orton
Triple H
Kurt Angle
Brock Lesnar
John Cena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Ivory that's a new one...

I find the Legend selection so weird, Greg Valentine and the Anvil , I know it's just reusing asset. Has it been confirmed how many are on the roster yet?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The Legends are kind of weird. I'm never going to complain about having more people in a game, but I wonder how many people are enthused to pick the game up so they can immediately play a Buddy Roberts vs Larry Zbyszko match.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Tato posted:

The Legends are kind of weird. I'm never going to complain about having more people in a game, but I wonder how many people are enthused to pick the game up so they can immediately play a Buddy Roberts vs Larry Zbyszko match.

As an unabashed Zbyszko fan, I'm glad he's still on the game.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Davros1 posted:

As an unabashed Zbyszko fan, I'm glad he's still on the game.

This probably sounds sarcastic, but I'm dead serious, there should be a mechanic in the game for stalling and bullshitting around for the first bit of a match.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Larry Z should be in the game.

As a commentator.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Whew, I'm glad Ed Leslie is in the game

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Midnightghoul posted:

Whew, I'm glad Ed Leslie is in the game

But no Terry Bollea? A travesty.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope there's a bush for Larry Zbysko to hide behind

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
I'm still a bit pissed that they didn't bring Ken Shamrock into 2K17. Reusing assets my rear end.

(It's me, I'm the Shamrock mark.)

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

If I add custom rings to my game do I have to do this for each machine I play on or constantly update the mod that you use to do so? I had to redo my save last night after botching the blood mod and losing all downloads.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
OK, so while I played a lot of 2K16, and a day rental or so of 2K17 on PS3, one thing that's striking me that that the motion... like how the wrestler move seems more... I dunno how to put it... smooth? Human like? Are the youtube videos at some higher framerate or is there just more motion with ps4 vs ps3?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling/status/900911849771679746

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Fleisch_RWC/status/900771045648498688

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is it good

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I think Chronicles is the one that's well balanced but really tiny compared to the Cpt. Charisma line

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

simosimo posted:

Ivory that's a new one...

I find the Legend selection so weird, Greg Valentine and the Anvil , I know it's just reusing asset. Has it been confirmed how many are on the roster yet?

Ivory was in the Hall of Fame pack for 2k17, so it's just reusing assets again.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

89 posted:

Can I move CAWs over from Retired to active in batch transfers yet?

If not, I'm still out

This, but also the ability to mass delete. I haven't really done anything yet and have a hodge podge of edits from when the gane first launched and would like to start over with that Steam workshop megapost just now.

Is there a way to say, 'gently caress it' and start everything from scratch?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I believe you can get a blank slate by deleting your save, it's at "C:\Users\<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME HERE>\AppData\LocalLow\spikechunsoft\FireProWrestlingWorld".

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

PublicOpinion posted:

I believe you can get a blank slate by deleting your save, it's at "C:\Users\<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME HERE>\AppData\LocalLow\spikechunsoft\FireProWrestlingWorld".

Thank you for this, I've been trying to find a way to get rid of the mess of downloaded CAWs without luck until now.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Yeah this is great news. Does it reset my subscriptions on the workshop as well?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Apparently yes, those are contained in the save file.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Fire Pro update.

quote:

Version 0.9006 was published today.

[CUSTOM MUSIC]
Fixed issue where adding/deleting audio files would change the a wrestler’s entrance theme.
Fixed issue where adding/deleting audio files would sometimes cause the game to freeze.
:siren: [NOTE]Edit data now saves theme song titles. If you subscribe to a Workshop wrestler with a custom theme song, and you have an audio file with the same name as the custom theme saved in your custom BGM folder, it will play that theme song. :siren:

[OFFLINE MODE]
Fixed issue in Tournament/League mode where rearranging entrants would prevent you from starting the tournament/league.
Fixed issue where, when playing Mission mode after finishing a tournament, the tournament results would be displayed.
Fixed issues related to mouse functionality.

EDIT MODE
Move Set menu: Fixed issue where the following move previews would not properly play:
-Inferno Choke Slam
-Top Rope Rev Frankensteiner
-Hanged Neck Figure 4
-Exploder to Outside
Wrestler Appearance menu: In addition to copying an entire attire, you can now also copy all layers in a part.

MATCHES
Can now skip wrestler entrances by clicking the mouse.
Can now skip through tutorial messages by clicking the mouse.
Timed Battle Royal: Fixed issue where the match would end if all other wrestlers in the ring were defeated before all scheduled wrestlers had appeared. (Match now continues as normal.)
Fixed issue where certain resolution settings caused tutorial messages to be cut off.
Fixed SFX for [(Strike Exchange) > Kesagiri Chop]
Fixed issue where damage was not being properly calculated for [(Running) Frankensteiner Whip]
CPU logic: Fixed issue where Priority Move would not activate after [(Running) > Slingblade]
Keyboard/Mouse Controls: Can now exit attract mode with Confirm/Cancel/Esc/Return/Left click in addition to Space/Start.

NEW MOVE
Added new move: [Jump From Post > Reverse Firebird Splash]

http://steamcommunity.com/games/564230/announcements/detail/1447200090977124172

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Aug 28, 2017

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Do we have a list of 2K18 wrestlers NOT in the games yet? That's always easier to see... just show me who is currently not on the roster and not in the game, and which old legends for some reason didn't make the cut again that were in previous games

Edit: I just compiled a list of current wrestlers... I can't believe this company has 106 wrestlers on the roster right now

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Aug 28, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that soundtrack title thing is a cool way to "solve" how downloaded wrestlers can't take mp3s with them. That being said it's really up to the community now to figure out an "accepted standard" of how to name each wrestler's theme exactly the same.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I'm trying to give one of my CAWs the corner tree-of-woe double stomp, only I can't find it in the move list...but it shows up in the moveset of another guy (who is based off a different template.) Is it one of the moves that has to be unlocked through missions? (Are there other means of unlocking moves in-game?)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So all my music is on my Mac partition/iTunes but I do have a bunch of CDs still- what's the best/easiest way to rip them on Windows?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

DoctorDelaware posted:

I'm trying to give one of my CAWs the corner tree-of-woe double stomp, only I can't find it in the move list...but it shows up in the moveset of another guy (who is based off a different template.) Is it one of the moves that has to be unlocked through missions? (Are there other means of unlocking moves in-game?)

It's an unlockable move from mission mode. I think you have to make it up to mission 49 to get everything. There's a save file floating around on Steam Community/FPWArena but it will wipe all your local data.

Maxwell Lord posted:

So all my music is on my Mac partition/iTunes but I do have a bunch of CDs still- what's the best/easiest way to rip them on Windows?

Foobar2000 is pretty easy once you get it set up.

http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Ripping_CDs_with_Foobar2000

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 28, 2017

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Do we have a list of 2K18 wrestlers NOT in the games yet? That's always easier to see... just show me who is currently not on the roster and not in the game, and which old legends for some reason didn't make the cut again that were in previous games

Edit: I just compiled a list of current wrestlers... I can't believe this company has 106 wrestlers on the roster right now

Some of the more jobber-y 205 Live guys (your Neses and Dorados), and the British dudes I could see maybe not making it in. (The UK guys could be DLC, actually)

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Everything works as it should on fire pro for me except I can't have a textured ring in an arena with entrances and custom music. The game just freezes, plays the music and the only solution is a force quit.

No problem displaying the ring on an arena without entrances, no problem using the rings when CAWs don't have custom music in an antenna with entrances.

Anyone have a similar issue, I'm on the latest build and latest mod patches.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm just going to assume mods like that are going to be trouble until the full version of the game is out.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

I'm just going to assume mods like that are going to be trouble until the full version of the game is out.

Yeah I figured as much but always worth asking. The gameplay itself is rock solid, the only Fire Pro I've played before was for game boy advance and it might have been the last wrestling title I purchased until now. Fight system is really rewarding best I've managed is a 94% match between Jericho and Flair. Tend to play on level 5 at 125 speed, I seem to get the best results on those settings.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

Astro7x posted:

Well no Del Rio and Dudleys thats for sure.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Call Me Charlie posted:

There's a save file floating around on Steam Community/FPWArena but it will wipe all your local data.

I'd rather not do that, since I've got preliminary versions of...like, 50 CAWs.

On the other hand, I just got to the "hit a dive off the cage" mission. So wiping the data isn't completely off the table.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

MisterGBH posted:

Well no Del Rio and Dudleys thats for sure.

I can certainly understand Del Rio, but why not the Dudleys? I thought they left on good terms and they've even doing that new ECW roundtable with Heyman and Dreamer and a couple other people on the Network.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I can certainly understand Del Rio, but why not the Dudleys? I thought they left on good terms and they've even doing that new ECW roundtable with Heyman and Dreamer and a couple other people on the Network.
D-Von still works for WWE backstage so he'd be fine, but Bubba Ray works for ROH nowadays which... might be an obstacle? I don't know.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DoctorDelaware posted:

I'd rather not do that, since I've got preliminary versions of...like, 50 CAWs.

On the other hand, I just got to the "hit a dive off the cage" mission. So wiping the data isn't completely off the table.

is there a list somewhere of the moves you unlock from Mission Mode?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'll be honest, seeing Gargano and Roddy in a 2k game is a pretty cool moment.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the only upshot of WWE signing so many indie wrestlers is that it's cool to play as an official version of them in an extremely broken video game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

quote:

We've got one more WWE 2K18 roster reveal for you next week but for now here's all those 41 superstars in full...

Kevin Owens
Samoa Joe
Big Cass
Rusev
Finn Bálor
Chris Jericho
Rick Martel
Mick Foley
Ricky The Dragon Steamboat
Miss Jacqueline
Rikishi
Macho Man Randy Savage
Mr. Perfect
Lex Luger
Razor Ramon
Rick Rude
Vader
Ric Flair
Chad Gable
Alexa Bliss
Nia Jax
Tye Dillinger
Apollo Crews
Carmella
Dana Brooke
Neville
Shane Thorne
Akam
Rezar
Michael P.S. Hayes
Jimmy Garvin
Tommaso Ciampa
Cedric Alexander
Asuka
TJP
Roderick Strong
Johnny Gargano
Jason Jordan
Nick Miller
Dash Wilder
Scott Dawson

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/08/30/wwe-2k18-the-next-42-playable-superstars-revealed

I'm amazed that they've finally go Kevin Owens to look pretty decent. He's always looked off.