Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

It's a pretty lovely reality that we are figuring out how to turn a bunch of dead people into political points.

On both sides, on both sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Some KKK group in Texas put out a flier with their PO Box # on it and I saw it make the rounds in facebook today. It got me wondering, why aren't people mailing boxes of confetti covered cow poo poo to these people with insufficient postage?

You have to pay extra to send perishables.

I'll write the Kickstarter pitch.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Everything is bigger in Texas. Including the flooding.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

My sister spent a couple years at Station Freeport and it looks like they are right on line for landfall for this. Get ready to see some CG poo poo get wrecked. :(

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Can't wait for the "obama should have better prepared Texas for this during his eight years. Barack obama does not care about white people" takes.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

A big ol' landslide screwed over a town called Bondo in Switzerland, 8 missing.

Some sick footage, I hear

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/24/europe/switzerland-landslide/index.html

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I was really worried the first major disaster during Trump's presidency would be an earthquake in California. I'm so glad it's only going to be Texas. :unsmith:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
More bad news? http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/24/us/charleston-active-shooter/index.html?adkey=bn Might be an active shooter in Charleston

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/...584f17e532.html

live details from the very good local newspaper sounds like a workplace dispute

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Canemacar posted:

Which southern States was it that complained about the fed helping after hurricane Sandy, but then turned around and asked for the same help after they got their poo poo pushed in by a storm?

Chris Christie of NJ I think.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Is it bad that I file mass shootings in the US in the same mental category as car accidents and flooding in the midwest

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
These people genuinely think they aren't racist

https://twitter.com/yoojin_cho/status/900725436556161024

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Doc Hawkins posted:

You have to pay extra to send perishables.

I'll write the Kickstarter pitch.

Oh, dried cow poo poo isn't perishable.

It fits, it ships.

I'm thinking ship it "postage due on delivery" so they get to pay for their cow poo poo.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

psydude posted:

Is it bad that I file mass shootings in the US in the same mental category as car accidents and flooding in the midwest

Eh. I'm pretty sure 'boomers falling out of bed' kills more people than active shooters.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Of course they aren't. It's impossible for them to imagine hating black people any less than they already do.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

psydude posted:

car accidents as a whole are important but yeah the other stuff gets filed into my "interesting but statistically irrelevant" thought pile

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

I love how the entire thing has become an Ouroboros of poo poo, a circular human centipede. Someone has a terrible idea like "are we going after Washington and Jefferson statues next?" and they poo poo it into someone's mouth who then has that "idea", so they poo poo it into someone else's mouth and round and round it goes. It's like loving clock work, hear something from the mouth pieces of the Republican party and every single loving brain dead one of them will be wandering around dribbling the word for word exact same poo poo out onto the rest of the country.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
New report out from Schaffner finds that over 1/3rd of verified Sanders voters either did not vote in the general or voted Trump/Stein. The margin is such that had Trump done half as well with Sanders supporters, he would have lost Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

Now I'm sure there'll be a bunch of posts queuing up saying that it's not his supporters' fault, it's the corporatist Democrats who had the temerity to suggest that the candidate with the most votes be nominated, and really it's our fault for not destroying every single piece of the party's platform and identity and rebuilding it in the image of their one true god.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Look I'm sure Trump's actions since taking office are perfectly in line with what Bernouts wanted and they wouldn't have been better off voting for Clinton at all.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

The Iron Rose posted:

Now I'm sure there'll be a bunch of posts queuing up saying that it's not his supporters' fault, it's the corporatist Democrats who had the temerity to suggest that the candidate with the most votes be nominated, and really it's our fault for not destroying every single piece of the party's platform and identity and rebuilding it in the image of their one true god.

well, yeah.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
ps Bernie would have won

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

He said Martin Luther Coon :wtc:

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

The Iron Rose posted:

New report out from Schaffner finds that over 1/3rd of verified Sanders voters either did not vote in the general or voted Trump/Stein. The margin is such that had Trump done half as well with Sanders supporters, he would have lost Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

lol

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

The Iron Rose posted:

/

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Lots of nifty things happened here. Chief among them, a ULL that magically disappeared which should have arrested development. Now we will possibly see Rapid Intensification and could get a major hurricane at landfall.

This is the best part. Potentially 30 inches of rain inland.

Thats nearly 3 feet.

I saw 32 inches in 36 hours with a tropical depression once. People inland are hosed. More so than those on the coast where building codes are better.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

The Iron Rose posted:

12% isn't 25%.

25% of Hillary voters voted for McCain in 2008.

12% of Bernie voters voted for Trump. It also means Bernie would've won. I'm also done talking about this.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Difficult to argue with hard evidence like that!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moNHfeBJ81I

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Communism will win. That is all.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

psydude posted:

Difficult to argue with hard evidence like that!

Happy? Last of it.

https://twitter.com/natemcdermott/status/900449405874188288

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Hot Karl Marx posted:

12% isn't 25%.

25% of Hillary voters voted for McCain in 2008.

12% of Bernie voters voted for Trump. It also means Bernie would've won. I'm also done talking about this.

It most certainly doesn't, there's no way to make that claim based on the available data.

But you're right, 25% of Hillary voters voted for McCain in 2008. And that's terrible and worthy of condemnation too. Except at least there Obama still won.

If he had lost because 25% of Hillary primary voters switched sides, you bet your rear end I'd have been condemning them too.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

psydude posted:

I file it under the same category as DUI deaths: we could prevent some by tweaking small things, we could prevent a lot more with heavy handed restrictions, but I don't agree with the latter and we would still never eliminate the problem entirely.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Suck a dick you dicksucking bad posters, nobody cares about 2016

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Edit: ^^

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Zeris posted:

:same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT1ujfuXFVo

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Zeris posted:

To be fair 2016 feels further away than 2001 does

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Plus a certain someone keeps bringing up crowd sizes and the EC map from 2016 (I also already said I'd stop).

Edit:

https://twitter.com/BoingBoing/status/900794311184457729

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 24, 2017

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Gun control chat is preferable to this ffs.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Syncopated posted:

Gun control chat is preferable to this ffs.

I hope you mean election chat, not this CLPPNG song about babies swimming out of their slave-moms, who were thrown overboard, and then the babies created Black Atlantis and later went to war with oil drillers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Just know that your average American doesn't understand how predictions work so when you say a candidate has an 80% chance to win they see it as the candidate will get 80% of the total vote, and some people (probably a small but not insignificant portion of Bernie supporters who didn't vote in 2016, for example) the will sit the election out because they think the outcome is already determined.

Keep that in mind when you're running around saying the republicans are going to collapse in 2018 or that Trump won't possibly be reelected!

I see way too many people saying the exact same things about the 2018/2020 outcomes that they said about 2016.

• Locked thread