Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The eagles game is on NFL network which owns because I can watch thatt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You just watch for guys playing fundamental football and see if guys gently caress up plays

It's more for the coaches than you. You might see a run that's 3 yards but coaches are keying in on your guard making insanely good/bad plays, etc.

Week 3 PS is pretty close to an NFL game so I'm curious how Miami does.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hey so why do you guys think people in the NFL tend to be higher on Wentz than casual observers? Smoke and mirrors or something to it?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Diqnol posted:

Hey so why do you guys think people in the NFL tend to be higher on Wentz than casual observers? Smoke and mirrors or something to it?

Lily white dude who loves Jesus and has a decent arm, can make adjustments at the line.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He was never on tv in college

Or like not big tv

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Diqnol posted:

sunk costs

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Scouting costs? I'm talking people across the league, not Eagles personnel.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Give us some examples of "people around the league" plz

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

https://www.google.com/amp/www.phil...tml%3famphtml=y

Also

quote:

Wentz is the lowest-ranked player considered by voters to have an especially bright future, which is why he has nearly as many Tier 2 votes (11) as all the lower-ranked players combined (14) -- despite a rough finish to the 2017 season. Multiple voters thought he could threaten Tier 1 down the line.

"Wentz, I think, is a 2 and has a chance being a 1 this year," a GM said. "What I saw last year, he is exactly what you are looking for. Toughness, movement, arm, quickness, decisiveness, accuracy. I think he is, of all the young quarterbacks in the league, the pick of the litter."

An assistant coach from the NFC East also placed Wentz in the second tier.

"I know he was up and down in the second half of the season, but I think he has a chance to be really good -- really good," a defensive coordinator who faced Wentz as a rookie said. "He can run the ball, he can get himself out of trouble, he is agile. I thought he was pretty smart and pretty poised. He did a couple things against us where he got them in and out of some plays that hurt us a little bit. I respect a guy like that, and that is as a rookie. I think it's all in front of him."

A personnel director said he thought Wentz, like [Jameis] Winston, would take off once surrounded with a strong supporting cast. A former GM said he'd take Wentz over Prescott if given the choice, even though Prescott had much better numbers.

"I think he is capable of carrying a team more consistently than Dak is because the pocket is for him," this former GM said. "The pocket isn't for all these guys, and I like Dak Prescott. You have to respect what he did."

And theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2016/11/24/packers-mike-mccarthy-and-aaron-rodgers-are-impressed-by-carson-wentz/amp/

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 24, 2017

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Diqnol posted:

Casual observers are correct to be skeptical since players get oversold all the time. And Wentz is a guy who didn't even play Div 1-A football.

Those watching more closely are correct to to be hyping him because he ticks just about every box mentally and physically,

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
And yet Dak will still be the better quarterback this year. Its going to be sweet.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I look forward to seeing how he plays without Zeke. It'll probably still be pretty good since there's no wear on any of the players yet.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
everyone is going to get horribly injured in tonight's preseason game and i will fall into a dark 4 month depression

18-1

axeil fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 24, 2017

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Two articles from a year ago? Both of which appear to be on philly newspapers?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Give us some examples of "people around the league" plz

Eagles beat reporters.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Amy Pole Her posted:

You seem to imply there might be controversy in the idea that, if they could choose one or the other, every team in the league would take Wentz over Prescott, including the Cowboys. I don't think that's controversial at all.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

So did Carroll and Rodgers lie, dipshit?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Amy Pole Her posted:

trap sprung

NotWearingPants posted:

You seem to imply there might be controversy in the idea that, if they could choose one or the other, every team in the league would take Wentz over Prescott, including the Cowboys. I don't think that's controversial at all.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that even if this wasn't a Philly media piece, it's a bad look for a GM to say "the guy we passed on multiple times is better than the guy we couldn't afford to get and I knew it all along"

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Dak Prescott is a top 5 NFL quarterback.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Tom Sellout posted:

Dak Prescott is a top 5 NFL quarterback.

There was a time when the same thing could be said about Colin Kaepernick.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Amy Pole Her posted:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

lol

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I didn't bring up Dak tho friend

E: the one quote did but that wasn't at all my question

vvv it's on nbc

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 24, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well game is blacked out on NFL network even tho it's not being shown locally

Super system Comcast

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Eagles beat reporters.

lol at the idea that Eagles beat reporters tend to be favorable towards the team and aren't waiting like vultures praying for poo poo to blow up so they can eviscerate the owner, team management and players in the kind of articles that get the clicks and comments flowing.

I guess things are different in Boston.

euphronius posted:

Well game is blacked out on NFL network even tho it's not being shown locally

Super system Comcast

https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 24, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No I found it on a channel that claims to be showing the Cleveland Show rn

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I always find it humorous in preseason games how the local station broadcasting it has all their sportcasters doing the sideline reporting etc and it's like their one day in the sun and who the gently caress are these people?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

I always find it humorous in preseason games how the local station broadcasting it has all their sportcasters doing the sideline reporting etc and it's like their one day in the sun and who the gently caress are these people?

Remember when Howard Eskimo did it lol

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
If you aren't streaming exclusively by now I don't want to know you :colbert:

e: \/ I've completely cut the cord. I pay for Netflix and Hulu and stream everything else by other means. Saved me over $100 a month

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 25, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's easier for me to just have hd cable since I'm in philly market except for the flyers and who cares about NHL

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Eagles are terrible 0-16

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

Eagles are terrible 0-16

Counterpoint - the defense is lit

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

16-0

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diqnol posted:

So did Carroll and Rodgers lie, dipshit?

Lol man you're testy. Where did I say or imply they lied?

I'm saying it's their job to find extremely positive spins, my friend

And who says dipshit? Lol

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Fire interim coach Doug Pederson.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Welp so much for Wentz playing a half... McGloin is so bad, too painful to watch.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I think Pumphrey has put together enough tape to get him safely on the practice squad.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Amy Pole Her posted:

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/900845879334252544

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

That makes me feel good because Mcloughan knows his booze and his QB's.

Although if he was 100% Wilson would have gone in the 1st.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I wish I could dislike Dak Prescott more.

• Locked thread