Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Epic High Five posted:

one could even say that this ain't the thread for rehashing the primary or general

i in fact will: gently caress hillarychat and stuff it!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Any of y'all who ever made predictions about "Trump's Katrina," start practicing your smug-face now, or it may crack when the full human cost of our next climate disaster comes to light.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Doc Hawkins posted:

Any of y'all who ever made predictions about "Trump's Katrina," start practicing your smug-face now, or it may crack when the full human cost of our next climate disaster comes to light.

Wait, you're recommending that we start breaking in our smug faces like a new hiking boot, lest the full strain of smug post-tragedy crack our smiles?

You monster, that is good advice.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Brownie's doing a heckava job down there

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

Doc Hawkins posted:

My smug face is ready, especially since I voted with my loving feet when Florida voted for Rick Scott and Trump. It's time for people in this country to face the loving facts: states with no taxes, states run by Republicans, these are going to be disaster states. We already have decent places on the coast acting as sanctuary cities: become a loving refugee like I did, and get the loving out of prison-disaster-death states.

http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/2017/07/tampa_hurricane_not_prepared.html

Article is a pro-click. When Rick Scott won't even let you say the words climate change, and the legislature passes a law letting citizens criticize science textbooks at will, I have no loving sympathy for you if you hear the poo poo wind blowing and decide to stay put. Like, we already know that Tampa is barely above water, but nobody is taking it seriously.

If you're Steve loving Jobs, and you decide to eat pineapple instead of getting medical treatment for your loving cancer, I have no pity for you, and I will laugh. If you are dumb enough to think you're safe in Florida and aren't loving running for your life while you can, I ain't loving crying for your dumb rear end.

Ps, EHF I love this thread

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Doc Hawkins posted:

:smugjones:

mine is kinda deflated already, because the thought of the human cost already makes me :barf:

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

Quidam Viator posted:

My smug face is ready, especially since I voted with my loving feet when Florida voted for Rick Scott and Trump. It's time for people in this country to face the loving facts: states with no taxes, states run by Republicans, these are going to be disaster states. We already have decent places on the coast acting as sanctuary cities: become a loving refugee like I did, and get the loving out of prison-disaster-death states.

http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/2017/07/tampa_hurricane_not_prepared.html

Article is a pro-click. When Rick Scott won't even let you say the words climate change, and the legislature passes a law letting citizens criticize science textbooks at will, I have no loving sympathy for you if you hear the poo poo wind blowing and decide to stay put. Like, we already know that Tampa is barely above water, but nobody is taking it seriously.

If you're Steve loving Jobs, and you decide to eat pineapple instead of getting medical treatment for your loving cancer, I have no pity for you, and I will laugh. If you are dumb enough to think you're safe in Florida and aren't loving running for your life while you can, I ain't loving crying for your dumb rear end.

I don't blame you at all, but at an overall level, we desperately need an influx of progressive people into these states, rather than flight. Otherwise we're going to continue to get hosed at a federal level thanks to the way congress and the electoral college work (and from there they gently caress up the SC, as we've seen). The possibility of a constitutional convention is an absolute nightmare.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
florida needs to be left to sink into the ocean because there is no saving it

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

clockworx posted:

I don't blame you at all, but at an overall level, we desperately need an influx of progressive people into these states, rather than flight. Otherwise we're going to continue to get hosed at a federal level thanks to the way congress and the electoral college work (and from there they gently caress up the SC, as we've seen). The possibility of a constitutional convention is an absolute nightmare.

hm actually i'll just keep living in the Liberal Havens and, since I make a bunch of money, not deal with the consequences of any of this. And, if for whatever reason I stop making a bunch of money, I'll just kill myself. Bing bing bong, so simple.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

hm actually i'll just keep living in the Liberal Havens and, since I make a bunch of money, not deal with the consequences of any of this. And, if for whatever reason I stop making a bunch of money, I'll just kill myself. Bing bing bong, so simple.

Right?

Here's a dose of realpolitik: two of my cousins (conservative) already have like 5 kids each, and they're not slowing down (pretty sure they're tacit quiverfulls). I'm probably the only left-leaning person in my extended family, and my wife and I don't plan on having kids anytime soon.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Quidam Viator posted:

that was indeed a pro click

it's the families like lopez i worry about the most :smith:

octobernight
Nov 25, 2004
High Priest of the Christian-Atheist Church
drat, I was hoping the head of FEMA was still unappointed or was a horse judge. Imagine my surprise when it turns out Trump actually nominated and confirmed someone with disaster experience to the agency. Shame Congress didn't approve of the $1 billion cut in FEMA funding, either, or else we would have a spectacular poo poo show. Instead, we'll just get a normal disaster. There's always next budget!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Quidam Viator posted:

Some of us can't afford to move, rear end in a top hat. Some of us don't have magic great job offers waiting for us in the good states.

Jesus christ, gently caress off with this attitude.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

clockworx posted:

That's what the immigrants are for.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

WampaLord posted:

Some of us can't afford to move, rear end in a top hat. Some of us don't have magic great job offers waiting for us in the good states.

the op described himself as a refugee

that does not bring to mind magical great job offers

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

WampaLord posted:

poo poo, I taught middle and high school in Florida for 15 years, and I already have hosed off and left Florida for you. As you can imagine, I ain't living in a loving mansion.

The difference between you and me is one of willpower and vision, not one of "affording". Like Jose said, all of these Republican experiment states, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Florida, etc... the writing is on the loving wall. Either you're smart enough to see it and make it priority #1 to get the gently caress out before Brownback or Jindal or Scott loving assrape you, or you're not.

Own a house in Florida? Sell it right the gently caress now and get the equity out of it while you still can. There's a reason insurers basically refuse to insure houses in Florida. THEY have actuarial departments doing the kind of research I'm telling you to do.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/consumer/fl-what-homeowner-insurance-doesnt-cover-20160422-story.html

Don't own? Save $500 and rent a U-haul like I did. Have kids? They'll be better off in a blue state, where the textbook monopoly doesn't own your schools. Come out here to Western Washington, where rents are cheap, and there are state taxes so we have like... roads, and schools and poo poo.

I made the choice to be on the laughing side of this thread, not the loving dying because I made terrible decisions side. This is a real thing in Trump's America.

Quidam Viator has issued a correction as of 20:16 on Aug 24, 2017

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Quidam Viator posted:

poo poo, I taught middle and high school in Florida for 15 years, and I already have hosed off and left Florida for you. As you can imagine, I ain't living in a loving mansion.

The difference between you and me is one of willpower and vision, not one of "affording". Like Jose said, all of these Republican experiment states, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Florida, etc... the writing is on the loving wall. Either you're smart enough to see it and make it priority #1 to get the gently caress out before Brownback or Jindal or Scott loving assrape you, or you're not.

Own a house in Florida? Sell it right the gently caress now and get out while you still can. Don't own? Save $500 and rent a U-haul like I did. Have kids? They'll be better off in a blue state. Come out here to Western Washington, where rents are cheap, and there are state taxes so we have like... roads, and schools and poo poo.

I made the choice to be on the laughing side of this thread, not the loving dying because I made terrible decisions side. This is a real thing in Trump's America.

What's the job market like in western rural Washington?

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

WampaLord posted:

You're permanently stuck in a shithole for idiots due to lack of skill. Nobody feels sympathetic because your home is considered a cartoon wasteland wandered by retards and methed out alligators after decades of nothing else being visible from outside it. Getting huffy only confirms smug Northerner impressions of you as a bitch-made simpleton.

Okay I got im going! Keep pokin at the Floridian boyos! Don't let this sucker get comfy

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

Better than the rural parts of any red state.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Way the gently caress better than a brain-draining tax haven red -

Agean90 posted:

Better than the rural parts of any red state.

Beaten.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

better to be homeless in a state that will care for you than one under water imo

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

Burt Sexual posted:

Same as pretty much everywhere else in America that's not a big city. However, as the flyover states die, and more people move to Seattle, then Tacoma, then Olympia, the gradient just keeps rising out here. I bought a house cash with my savings from being a loving teacher in FLORIDA, if that gives you a sense for cost of living. As people move to the PNW, the value of what I've got is just going to increase passively, which is pretty much the opposite of what's happening to Florida real estate.

PLUS, I don't have to see god drat abortion billboards on every interstate, or watch the pastor down the street burn loving Korans and get Vile Rat killed. Or watch Rick Scott dump toxic oceans of waste into the loving water.

I can tell you this, though: the job market for teaching in Florida is the loving WORST. Don't get me off topic for this thread, ranting about how deliberately these dying red states are dirtfucking teachers. The pay here for teaching is $10k more than in FL, and the worst part is that most of that is because of how much FL cut teacher salaries.

I love this thread, because it's about the fact that we're adults in the richest country on Earth, and if you're not freaking out and taking serious action to preserve your loving life and not become a Trump casualty, you missed the biggest loving tell ever. It's dead obvious where Trump's America is going.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
how do I become a lumberjack?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Burt Sexual posted:

:gay:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Jose posted:

better to be homeless in a state that will care for you than one under water imo

I'd rather be homeless in Hawaii than own a home in ohio

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

Burt Sexual posted:

gently caress, boyo, if that's what you want, you can walk onsite today and get paid like $20 an hour. It's all plaid and beards out here, and log trucks and a fuckin HOPPIN forestry industry. Log trucks running everywhere, really good sustainable forestry. Of course, it's like... the most dangerous loving job, but like you said, at least you won't be in a state that is loving under dah sea.

Sorry for the derail EHF

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

get a degree in forestry, then work for any state org instead so you get better benneys, safer conditions and the right to where flannel to any gathering.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

try sleeping all night and working all day

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

also, die by treestrike first, that's basically an initiation rite

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ur not a real lumberjack until your on the dole because a rolling log tore a leg off

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Burt Sexual posted:

Yewwwwww city slickers are gonna regret dying yer hairs pink and workin at Starbucks when ole Willy Ray down by the crik's lookin for a new mud puppy humper!!!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Quidam Viator posted:

Same as pretty much everywhere else in America that's not a big city. However, as the flyover states die, and more people move to Seattle, then Tacoma, then Olympia, the gradient just keeps rising out here. I bought a house cash with my savings from being a loving teacher in FLORIDA, if that gives you a sense for cost of living. As people move to the PNW, the value of what I've got is just going to increase passively, which is pretty much the opposite of what's happening to Florida real estate.

PLUS, I don't have to see god drat abortion billboards on every interstate, or watch the pastor down the street burn loving Korans and get Vile Rat killed. Or watch Rick Scott dump toxic oceans of waste into the loving water.

I can tell you this, though: the job market for teaching in Florida is the loving WORST. Don't get me off topic for this thread, ranting about how deliberately these dying red states are dirtfucking teachers. The pay here for teaching is $10k more than in FL, and the worst part is that most of that is because of how much FL cut teacher salaries.

I love this thread, because it's about the fact that we're adults in the richest country on Earth, and if you're not freaking out and taking serious action to preserve your loving life and not become a Trump casualty, you missed the biggest loving tell ever. It's dead obvious where Trump's America is going.

lol Indiana is in such insane loving dire straits trying to have enough teachers and it keeps getting worse every year and will until we get leftists in, because they will not hear any explanation that includes things like union busting and salary and budget cuts and the omnipresent Republican Thing of every half brained sociopath with a grain of power loudly boasting how they could easily do their jobs better than them

But hey, they assigned a "blue ribbon commission" to figure poo poo out so it'll be solved for sure lmao

Meanwhile all the private schools we keep pumping a crapload of money into are failing so enormously that they have to keep getting year after year exemptions to the performance requirements for voucher access

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I don't think "teachers are fuuuucked" is a derail on account of Trump appointing DeVos but let's avoid region chat

Believe me I don't like it any more than you do because I have Opinions about being a socialist in a garbage heap red state, but that's more of a "Trump non-voters realizing they're going to die under Trump" thread which is, at this point, the CSPAM Trump thread

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Wyoming apparently has a surprisingly good public education system, so naturally the ~business owners~ in the state leg decided to cut the teachers salaries.

Except they are legally bound by contract that any changes have to be union approved so they hosed that up and the states gonna go broke because they don't wanna tax the rich billionaires, which is loving woerd beca8se the richest part of the state is blue as hell so the self harming chuds would be down for it

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0RQzlb7zkU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

there ahve been some funny trump voters loving themselves but the real trump voters are well off white people and loving ruined

https://twitter.com/ryanbeckwith/st...6992%23lastpost

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jose posted:

there ahve been some funny trump voters loving themselves but the real trump voters are well off white people and loving ruined

https://twitter.com/ryanbeckwith/st...6992%23lastpost

This would be a tremendously stupid idea, which of course just means that it will be included in a midnight revision that is voted on before it is revealed.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

This would be a tremendously stupid idea, which of course just means that it will be included in a midnight revision that is voted on before it is revealed.

I unironically want this one to pass since the fastest way to be change is to piss off the rich, see the fall of Shrikeli.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Quidam Viator posted:

i'm waiting for the eastern seaboard to flood and i get to scream IMMIGRANTS GO HOME at everyone that shittalks ohio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Agean90 posted:

I unironically want this one to pass since the fastest way to be change is to piss off the rich, see the fall of Shrikeli.

the upper middle class, and the rich are not the same, though the former keeps trying to pretend to be the latter they also continue to cannibalize their own interests in the service of their beloved senpais

centrism 101