Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
First Deus Ex, now Mass Effect. What else will 2017 take from us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

CharlestonJew posted:

Maybe Origins will kill off Assassin's Creed? Fingers crossed.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CharlestonJew posted:

Everything but Call of Duty

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

The worst aspect of Andromeda is the quest design. It drags down everything else.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think DX:MD will get reappraised in a few years. It had the best gameplay in the series, Prague is one of the best realized city hubs I've ever seen, and eventually people will get over the awful marketing and the fact that it's like the first two acts of a three act game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Arglebargle III posted:

The worst aspect of Andromeda is the quest design. It drags down everything else.

Did they like not listen to any of the criticism of DA:I or what

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The basic gameplay experience of ME:A is opening a map, heading toward the nearest quest marker, and trying vainly to remember what the quest was about

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Ah yes classic mmo quest design at its finest

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Holy poo poo remember the capital hub from DA:I? Now imagine that's what all your planet hubs are like. ME:A is exactly like that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This is not really a fair comparison but comparing the capital hub in DA:I with Novigrad in Witcher 3 is hilarious.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Which one was the capital hub in da again

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

Which one was the capital hub in da again

The one with like 4 buildings you can go into.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Norns posted:

Ah yes classic mmo quest design at its finest

Now that's not exactly fair.

There are a lot of memorable questlines in WoW.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Norns posted:

Combos are loving disgusting

The seven layer dip ones aren't bad at all.

Iron Crowned posted:

The pizza flavored ones are a lie. Anything that claims to be flavored like pizza is loving trick, never fall for it.

True. Stick to cheddar/cracker or seven layer dip.

Pretzels are overused in snack foods. If I want some loving pretzels I will buy a bag, okay Chex Mix? I can find pretzels on my own.

ashpanash posted:

Granted. But in a way all of the mass effects after the first one did this to some extent, but not as far gone as this one. So if you liked ME2 and ME3's tendency to ignore the established world, you'll love this one.

N-no, it was a BETRAYAL, my choices MATTER, and furthermore

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The seven layer dip ones aren't bad at all.

True. Stick to cheddar/cracker or seven layer dip.

Pretzels are overused in snack foods. If I want some loving pretzels I will buy a bag, okay Chex Mix? I can find pretzels on my own.

N-no, it was a BETRAYAL, my choices MATTER, and furthermore

I stopped liking premade Chex Mix when they decided that they had to add bagel chips and weird bread things.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Oh you know what's good, are those honey mustard pretzel bites

Can't eat them while gaming though, too messy

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I feel like Chex Mix is 50% melba toast. Why do I want extremely dry and tasteless bread? Put more chex in there.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Halloween Jack posted:

I feel like Chex Mix is 50% melba toast. Why do I want extremely dry and tasteless bread? Put more chex in there.

Just make your own, leave the garbage out of it

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Iron Crowned posted:

I stopped liking premade Chex Mix when they decided that they had to add bagel chips and weird bread things.

I like those, though.

I guess the Best Chex Mix is the kind you make yourself.

EDIT: Owned. Oh well.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Oh yeah, when I want a pretzel, those are top tier. If THOSE were in Chex Mix...

Halloween Jack posted:

Amen.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Bold Party Blend owns.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ainsley McTree posted:

those things own a lot. the other flavors are not so good though

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
piss on ur mass effect grave

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Arglebargle III posted:

In the year 2XXX there's FTL and magic space marines, but you can't email people on the go.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Thanatosian posted:

Assuming I enjoyed the first three games quite a bit... Is Andromeda worth getting on sale for the singleplayer? Or am I better off pretending the series ended with 3?

Play it if you want to see what peebees boobies look like. Or don't, just look that poo poo up on youtube and save yourself $11

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Airfoil posted:

Maybe Origins will kill off Assassin's Creed? Fingers crossed.

There don't need to be any more assassin creed games, or batman Arkhangelsk style brawlers

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

im cute posted:

There don't need to be any more assassin creed games, or batman Arkhangelsk style brawlers

You take that back, Shadow of War is going to be amazing!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

And I will never give up the dream for Mad Max 2.
That game is desperate for some iterative design improvements. So close to being great.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

And I will never give up the dream for Mad Max 2.
That game is desperate for some iterative design improvements. So close to being great.

:same:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

I also love loot boxes

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Andrast posted:

I also love loot boxes

Sorry that you hate optional parts of games

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Sorry that you hate optional parts of games

Warner bros definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt when talking about consumer friendly business practices

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Andrast posted:

Warner bros definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt when talking about consumer friendly business practices

Why don't you tell someone who cares, we're talking about good games and good food here

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

hobbesmaster posted:

The one with like 4 buildings you can go into.

IIRC that's a problem with the engine, right? The same engine that EA mandates for all its games.

So expect that in all BioWare games from now on

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Mass Effect 3 was badass

Yeah, it was bad, rear end.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

fruit on the bottom posted:

IIRC that's a problem with the engine, right? The same engine that EA mandates for all its games.

So expect that in all BioWare games from now on

All 2 remaining BioWare games that is.

Another Dragon Age and Anthem which will probably be the last products they squeeze out, grunting and straining, before EA decides the developer brand is sufficiently worthless to merit the Bullfrog & Westwood Studios treatment.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

DancingShade posted:

All 2 remaining BioWare games that is.

Another Dragon Age and Anthem which will probably be the last products they squeeze out, grunting and straining, before EA decides the developer brand is sufficiently worthless to merit the Bullfrog & Westwood Studios treatment.

The head Dragon Age guy was talking about how they've worked out the general outline for the next two games so this is going to hit him very hard.

Although he also admitted that they never think of the overarching plot more than two games ahead and I haven't decided whether I think that's a good thing or not.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I mean it's pretty clear the doctors played a pretty large part in the company and the company is going to poo poo without them

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Norns posted:

I mean it's pretty clear the doctors played a pretty large part in the company and the company is going to poo poo without them

Nah it's more like EA being the parent, as opposed to the Drs not being the parent.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It's not like EA buying a named studio, trading on the name while everyone quits because they get ground into dust, then EA shuttering the studio and ditching the name isn't a well known thing that has happened a few times or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Norns posted:

That's my favorite detail about Bioware. That they started making groundbreaking video games as a lark because writing biomedical database programs was profitable, but left them with too much time on their hands.

Almost like how Frank Herbert got rejected by every fiction publisher, and was only able to get Dune published with a farm equipment technical manual publisher for the same reason.

Also didn't Biowarw hire one of their best writers with no experience? Like he was an overnight hotel concierge with too much time on his hands, and ended writing Baldurs Gate or something.