Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

It's like this is your first year of college or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Larrymer posted:

It's like this is your first year of college or something.

My thoughts exactly. If you're 50 minutes late, then you need to leave an hour and a half earlier... problem solved, without using an engineer's help.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Parking was pretty good all over summer and I ForgotTM.

Doesn't help though that they keep adding new buildings without adequately expanding parking first. Also they're now blocking off entrances to garages as soon as capacity bumps up to 100% for the first time, even as there's long streams of cars leaving due to classes changing. So instead of being able to go in and bet on someone leaving so you can gank their spot, absolutely everyone gets funneled to the remaining garages.

I'm just feeling bad and need to vent, that's all.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Enourmo posted:

Doesn't help though that they keep adding new buildings without adequately expanding parking first. Also they're now blocking off entrances to garages as soon as capacity bumps up to 100% for the first time, even as there's long streams of cars leaving due to classes changing. So instead of being able to go in and bet on someone leaving so you can gank their spot, absolutely everyone gets funneled to the remaining garages.

Buy a bike and a lock. Or know of a good place to park with a bit of a walk that nobody ever parks at. Yes, that sucks but these things should never make you miss a class.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

The Midniter posted:

My wife and I drove down to Greenville, SC to see the eclipse on Monday. Seriously, seeing a totality with the naked eye is something completely different than a partial eclipse through glasses. It was absolutely unbelievable and I am so glad we did it. One more thing to cross off of our bucket list.

The traffic however, was not cool. Greenville would normally be a 90 minute drive.

The trip down took three hours.

The trip back took five and a half. :gonk:

One of the benefits of approaching the Idaho desert via Montana is that it's relatively lightly populated, with most of the population (Salt Lake are and points further south) coming in from that side. I15 south of Butte was a little busy on the way down, hitting Dubois, ID it turned into a poo poo show (but still somehow lucked out and drove right to the gas pump to fill up). Ended up just going off on our own into the middle of nowhere and turned down a gravel road skirting the Idaho National Labs and parked. Only a couple other cars around us within a mile or so, pretty much 100% on our own and we were within a mile or so of the absolute max duration for the area. Only during totality could we hear anyone else in the distance with some cheering and hollering. After totality, traffic was crazy once we made it back to the interstate for the first hour but started to thin out as we approached Butte. After that, it was completely normal, almost light traffic. Got through the border within 3 minutes which surprised the hell out of me because the Canadian cars on the interstate were unreal.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Dagen H posted:

Some jackass has broken out windows on 3 of the cars in our driveway.

1 down, 3 to go :negative:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Wow, there'a Standard 10 in the queue sequence at the start of the latest MCM episode. Really didn't expect that.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Just got hired at the county hospital burn unit! Hell yeah.

Just want to get off of an ambulance

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 23, 2017

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

:iceburn:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
:berned:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Enourmo posted:

My workplace went through a huge new buildings program where they were slamming new building on top of what used to be staff parking. Which then pissed off the staff as they had to either park in student areas (and considering the staff parking pass is double the price of the student pass) or having to park off site and use a shuttle bus service. Thankfully for the latest building they have put in a four level underground car park underneath it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

You Am I posted:

(and considering the staff parking pass is double the price of the student pass)
That's funny, around here the student parking pass is 23 times the price of faculty/staff. $3.25 vs $76.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

The Midniter posted:

My wife and I drove down to Greenville, SC to see the eclipse on Monday. Seriously, seeing a totality with the naked eye is something completely different than a partial eclipse through glasses. It was absolutely unbelievable and I am so glad we did it. One more thing to cross off of our bucket list.

The traffic however, was not cool. Greenville would normally be a 90 minute drive.

The trip down took three hours.

The trip back took five and a half. :gonk:

I was invited to a totality party at a ranch in Liberty, SC. I26 was already a parking lot at 6am, F that. I watched it from here. I'll catch the next totality in 2024 at my parents' place in VT. I'm kind of stoked to have taken shots of a 'full' (99.679%) eclipse from my new house the first year I lived here. I got to make this too:
https://vimeo.com/230851319

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Congrats!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Congrats dude

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Just took a nice drive and spotted this on the side of the road - stick, 93k miles, asking $30K.

Worth it?

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
For that price I wonder if its been salvaged, or if its really a 4.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Definitely says 30k - I'll give them a call tomorrow. If it's a clean title, I'll drive it for a year, detail it and make ~10k or at least EASILY break even.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

If you didn't already buy it then it's probably gone. Worth it.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Did you get the ViN? Offer 28 cash if it's clean enjoy and make money if this is real.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Had a quick look around "the market" and realized 996s have already started going up in price here, what in the gently caress.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I just got back in touch with a buddy that bought a '93 RS America in the late '90s. He paid $40k for it, which was a lot then. He just had it appraised at $150k. Pretty good roi on something he tracks.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I posted a thread in coupons, but since these are nice car workin' on shirts I thought I'd let you guys know since its one day only. Dickies has their long and short sleeve work shirts 2 for $20 today only with free shipping.

Short sleeve work shirt

Long sleeve work shirt

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cage posted:

I posted a thread in coupons, but since these are nice car workin' on shirts I thought I'd let you guys know since its one day only. Dickies has their long and short sleeve work shirts 2 for $20 today only with free shipping.

Short sleeve work shirt

Long sleeve work shirt

if we do a group buy we can start a juggalo gang

i'll start the wiki

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Cage posted:

Short sleeve work shirt

Long sleeve work shirt

Thanks! Only got a couple, since I don't *really* need more shirts.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
First day of school :3:

Wow hairstyles are loving weird now says the old man yelling at the cloud

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Adiabatic posted:

Wow hairstyles are loving weird now says the old man yelling at the cloud

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Had a quick look around "the market" and realized 996s have already started going up in price here, what in the gently caress.
996s have outlasted their water-cooled/IMS reputations and are getting enough respect for ppl to prize the nicer-kept ones.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Adiabatic posted:

Wow hairstyles are loving weird now

Maybe it's just trade schools being more conservative or a regional thing or whatever but i didn't notice this. Man buns, hitlerjugens and shovelhead 2.0 is about as weird as dudes got (all awful granted, but not that weird), and I hardly saw anything extraordinary on a woman's head other than a notable (and awesome) resurgence of the ladyfro.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Ok last eclipse post from me but I literally lol'd at this

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/rapper-defiantly-stares-at-eclipse-cancels-toronto-show-1.3559432

quote:

The 22-year-old Brooklyn rapper on Monday shared on social media that he was gazing into the sky without special glasses as the United States witnessed its first coast-to-coast total eclipse in nearly a century.

"This ain't the first solar eclipse and I'm pretty sure our ancestors ain't have no fancy eyewear. Also pretty sure they ain't all go blind," he tweeted.

But he also said that he was seeing in different colors. He said his three shows -- in Cleveland, Chicago and Toronto -- were canceled due to "unforeseen circumstances" and hinted that his vision was to blame.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Man the new Coke Zero tastes like a halfass compromise between Diet Coke and old Coke Zero. Terrible.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I was wondering if it changed. It sucks now.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

No bottom to scrape when it comes to human intelligence.
lmao

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

That is hilarious. What a dumbass.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Pretty sure our ancestors were cowering in caves, not looking up at it.
Also, Jesus Christ, could you *possibly* sound more uneducated?
I'm going to go home and salute my "Embrace Science - Defy Ignorance" t-shirt.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

People were fearmongering about "keep your pets inside during the eclipse or they'll go blind!!!" and vet associations had to put out statements saying "No, dumbasses, your pets will be fine because they're smart enough not to stare up at the loving sun".

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Darchangel posted:

Also, Jesus Christ, could you *possibly* sound more uneducated?
I'm going to go home and salute my "Embrace Science - Defy Ignorance" t-shirt.

Lol yeah people who speak differently than me are dumb as gently caress

but in this case it's true

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

The Locator posted:

That is hilarious. What a dumbass.
Maybe life is like a ride on a freeway?
Dodging bullets while you're trying to find your way.
Everyone's around, but no one does a drat thing.
It brings me down, but I won't let them.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Had a dude overdose on fentanyl in our public bathroom, ambulance took him away but the cops couldn't find the fentanyl and warned me not to pick up anything suspicious (brown substance in a baggie) because it can loving kill you through the plastic :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!
Driving home at rush hour last night, literally watched a dude walk across the street.

It was a 12 lane freeway. Jesus christ.

• Locked thread