Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

hyphz posted:

Again, the word "blame" is used here to confuse by conflation. He should not _blame_ the customers, because they have done no wrong by not buying a car. But at the same time, unless he is assuming that the customers are automatons, he has no way to assume that he had any control over what happened. He can't evaluate why he's failing because he can't assume the customers' actions were predictable given his. All he - or his boss or anyone else - can say is "I cannot engage in further thought about this situation without resolving the paradox of free will vs. determinism and since that cannot be resolved, evaluation ends here. That of which we cannot speak, we must pass over in silence." Mic drop.

What am I trying to argue? I'm not really trying to argue, I'm trying to explain what the contradictory attitude to persuasion I referred to earlier is, because another poster apparently assumed it was something to do with rape. The contradictory attitude is that society blames people for failing to persuade based on results. If there is free will, there is no grounds for such blame because the persuader's actions do not determine the results. If there is no free will, then the persuader also had no free will, thus no choice and no responsibility.

The fact that you think of relationships like a property transaction is pretty telling. You don't have to persuade a woman to like you. You are a human being and she is a human being, and if you talk to her as such she will be attracted to you or she won't. You don't convince her of the value of choosing you as a mate. You're not arguing a case. You're not selling something. You're just being a person, and they're being a person. You BOTH have free will, equally. I feel like you're bordering on the idea that women don't really want sex, they have to be tricked into it or something. Let me tell you, girls are just as horny as guys (if not more so), they just have more potential consequences to constrain them if they're not crazy. I feel like you're bordering on PUA type magical thinking. I almost expect you to talk about peacocking and ladder theory next.

So anyway, in your weird car argument it's like the people walked into the dealership dead set on buying a car that very day, but the salesman was so offputting that they changed their minds. There's nothing you can do to make a woman attracted to you if she isn't already, but there are thousands of things you can do to repel her even if she started out liking you.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Imagined posted:

The fact that you think of relationships like a property transaction is pretty telling. You don't have to persuade a woman to like you. You are a human being and she is a human being, and if you talk to her as such she will be attracted to you or she won't. You don't convince her of the value of choosing you as a mate. You're not arguing a case. You're not selling something. You're just being a person, and they're being a person. You BOTH have free will, equally.

That's just a variant on what I'm actually saying. She will be attracted to him, or she won't. Outside a few obvious edge cases it isn't determined by his actions. So why is it his fault if she isn't?

(And, um, what's wrong with saying a good looking smart guy won the genetic lottery?)

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

hyphz posted:

That's just a variant on what I'm actually saying. She will be attracted to him, or she won't. Outside a few obvious edge cases it isn't determined by his actions. So why is it his fault if she isn't?

Because I have zero confidence in any of these guys being able to impersonate a human being long enough to not send any sentient being they approach romantically screaming in the opposite direction.

Have you heard the saying "If all your relationships fail, the common denominator is you."?

How about "If one specific girl doesn't like you, fair enough, but if LITERALLY NO ONE WILL HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU, EVER, it's probably your fault somehow."

If you're a baseball player and you miss one pitch, that's life. If you miss every single pitch anyone's ever thrown at you, ever? That's not because every pitcher you ever faced was just that good, and you might need to reevaluate your technique...

Imagined fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 25, 2017

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Not being attractive makes doing certain things harder.

Being attractive makes doing certain things easier.

How much of a difference it makes depend on the situation and the deviation from "average." Success or failure at the end of the day will be a combination of factors.

What's the disagreement here?

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

sincx posted:

What's the disagreement here?

"Why do anything at all when there's no guarantee of success because of free will?"

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Shanghaied posted:

"Why do anything at all when there's no guarantee of success because of free will?"

Lol, that's what this hyphz person is arguing?

I guess when you touch the poop too much the poop touches back.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Imagined posted:

Have you heard the saying "If all your relationships fail, the common denominator is you."?

How about "If one specific girl doesn't like you, fair enough, but if LITERALLY NO ONE WILL HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU, EVER, it's probably your fault somehow."

And that's exactly what I'm saying is wrong, because of free will. The fact that the follow up is ".. your fault somehow" just shows that the speaker has no idea how and thus can't support their claim. I mean, how many people are we talking about before we're deciding on "literally no one"?

"Shanghaied' posted:

Nope! Just "There's no guarantee of success because of free will." That's no reason not to do anything, success doesn't have to be guaranteed. It is reason not to blame people who don't succeed, especially if there's no obvious reason why (which I accept there is for warped incels), but certainly not to make judgments like the one above. I mean, it's hardly surprising people end up warped if people around them are hammering into them the idea that there's something fundamentally wrong with them, but won't say what it is.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
it's your fault nobody likes you please :frogout:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

hyphz posted:

And that's exactly what I'm saying is wrong, because of free will. The fact that the follow up is ".. your fault somehow" just shows that the speaker has no idea how and thus can't support their claim. I mean, how many people are we talking about before we're deciding on "literally no one"?

Nope! Just "There's no guarantee of success because of free will." That's no reason not to do anything, success doesn't have to be guaranteed. It is reason not to blame people who don't succeed, especially if there's no obvious reason why (which I accept there is for warped incels), but certainly not to make judgments like the one above. I mean, it's hardly surprising people end up warped if people around them are hammering into them the idea that there's something fundamentally wrong with them, but won't say what it is.

If you're 20+ and you've never held hands with someone romantically, it's not "women's free will", it's you. Even if it's because you've only talked to one girl, who shot you down. It's still you, because you quit trying.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

:yikes:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Right?

Sure a lot of discussion stressing over why incels are lovely

Definitely not as simple as mental illness and laziness, no sir

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Well, I've never seen a single issue on SA for which someone would not play Devil's Advocate, so I'm not sure why it surprised me for someone to stick up for the poor "reasonable" incels from inside this thread, but it did.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

hyphz posted:

Again, the word "blame" is used here to confuse by conflation. He should not _blame_ the customers, because they have done no wrong by not buying a car. But at the same time, unless he is assuming that the customers are automatons, he has no way to assume that he had any control over what happened. He can't evaluate why he's failing because he can't assume the customers' actions were predictable given his. All he - or his boss or anyone else - can say is "I cannot engage in further thought about this situation without resolving the paradox of free will vs. determinism and since that cannot be resolved, evaluation ends here. That of which we cannot speak, we must pass over in silence." Mic drop.

What am I trying to argue? I'm not really trying to argue, I'm trying to explain what the contradictory attitude to persuasion I referred to earlier is, because another poster apparently assumed it was something to do with rape. The contradictory attitude is that society blames people for failing to persuade based on results. If there is free will, there is no grounds for such blame because the persuader's actions do not determine the results. If there is no free will, then the persuader also had no free will, thus no choice and no responsibility.

Wait are you seriously arguing that there's no middle ground between 'having complete control over a situation' and 'having no control over a situation'? Cause follows effect.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Imagined posted:

There's nothing you can do to make a woman attracted to you if she isn't already, but there are thousands of things you can do to repel her even if she started out liking you.

Working out, getting nice clothes, haircuts, becoming a more interesting person and working on your social skills?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

lol posted:

Nothing but respect for this guy. He is both physically and intellectually superior to me. He deserves all the recognition he's getting.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I don't understand this car dealership argument or how it started, but it is tedious as hell.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

an incel posted:

An anglecel is a guy who is good looking from most angles, except one angle where he looks extremely subhuman. Most of the more attractive but not super good looking normies are anglecel.
Anglecels can get gfs no problem, but then after a few months of dating, the gf sees the anglecel from "the angle", and panics. "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, I want out of this relationship! - he's not the man I thought he was when I met him!"
Of course, the girl will come up with supposed "personality flaws" that the anglecel had, and that's what she will tell everyone, and even herself, for why she's breaking up with him. But the real reason she broke up with him will always be because she saw him from "the angle".

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Indistinguishable from parody

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
trouble in paradise (this is the 10th most upvoted post of all-time on r/incels)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Shanghaied posted:

quote:

it says he is a model since he was 6. he was getting more poon as a child than most men get in their whole lives

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

an incel posted:

Consider this, the seven deadly sins of history applied to western women in 2017. Modern womyn are notorious for committing these sins and I will cite a few examples. Female independence, sexual liberation, no consequences for ones actions results in said women being given carte blanche to do as they will to men in the dating/life game.
LUST -this one is easy, women openly lust for money, Chad's cock, Chad's social status, among other material things
GLUTTONY -many women getting fatter and forcing you to be attracted to their gunt, she just can't control what she shoves in her gullett, enough said
GREED -all women want the top 20% of men for themselves, (he fucks me so I'm validated and I have high SMV) the other 80% of men don't exist -AF/BB, when she is about to hit the wall, settle for a 5-6/10 beta with $, coerce him into marriage with future plans for divorce rape to secure myself financially
SLOTH -everyone knows women are lazy and love to be served -women on tinder app don't message first, they just sit back and lazily wait for the 8/10 faces to contact them (why should they risk rejection, they don't have to)
WRATH -you want to see their wrath, reject a girl and watch her go NUCLEAR immediately, FULL-STOP, women are the opitime of drama, she will burn you alive with the most hurtful comment possible
ENVY -female hypergamy, no need to explain, they compare themselves to their girlfriends, sisters, etc. and are always looking to upgrade & out-do them, no exceptions
PRIDE -pride is strongly related to ego, e.g. narcissism, we all know most women are narcissists.
Now, before you say well men are guilty of these sins too, here is the difference. Men have had the ability and even desire to perform many of these sins throughout history and today, however they are not doing so en masse, but womyn ARE in 2017.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

an incel posted:

Many people including some proof posted by an incel shows that Our community is practically regarded as the worst community out there, even though there are other far more evil and popular subs, like child rape, violent racism, sadistic misogyny and terrorism. In our controlled media, there is often a dark reason behind such concentrated public animosity, and things are never so simple. What could be the reason for us being labelled by the illuminati as public enemy number 1? How are incels such a threat to the system that we get our very own brigade of third world dictatorship style cyber troopers and downvote professionals?
Also, does anyone see the remarkable similarities between the animosity of the illuminati towards religions which glorify virginity and an incel movement composed of virgins?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

an incel posted:

So here me out I read an article and now I'm thinking, if you look at females today, you see they're nothing like the men of the homo species, our human ancestors. The earliest Human fossils are men. Female fossils don't come til much later.

Now what it seems to be is the what we now think of as the 'Human female' was actually evolved like a virus. Virus's invade other cells and turn them into copies of themselves by making them take on their genetic code. So early on in human evolution is it not possible that females were originally some other species, and just hijacked humanity genetically?
That happened with mitochondria, those are organs in a cell but they used to be there own species of bacteria. Then they infested cells and now all everyone's cell's today has them. That's how they took advantage of nature's system to survive. The female, being of inferior quality has no option but to rely on men for it's survival. We see this in modern society. Whjy not in Nature too. Females were a parasitic species closer to virus's and bacteria hopeless to survive naturally. This species needed to use another and ride along on it.

Hell you even see it in religion. In the bible Woman wasn't really that but just inferior Man, God made the female from a bone of the Male. The male came first then was manipulated to spawn the female. There are many examples like this.
I'm no scientist but I bet if you tested it you'd find proof. Women were only able to survive this long by using men for resources and for their genes. Men of the human species were the perfect host-- strong, fit, enduring. Little do we know we have been carrying along the evolutionary hitchhiker that is females for thousands of years.
This, explains why they only mate with 10% of guys. Guy's aren't even from their species so if they're gonna gently caress another species it has to be men who benefit them. Thusly they choose, through deep prehistoric instinct, the human individuals who most remind them of those early males their ancestors attached to, thereby saving them from extinction. The males back when being a man was a badge of honor and strength, who in the human race still preserves manhood? …It ain't us incels that I can tell you.

So that's my theory think what you will. But to my human brethren I would say, Cast off the parasite, there is nothing to lose but your pain. It has done nothing for us, only for itself. It will lech the blood from your body and the money from your hard work. We can no longer be slaves to an inferior race.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

an incel posted:

I see some people debate this. You can't be both an incel and a cuck.
A few days ago someone posted about hearing their mom cheating with chad.
THAT is how an incel becomes a cuck. We all have mothers. Many of us have sisters. Every single time your mom or your sister takes Chad's load she is cucking you.
Cuckcels exist. It's beyond over, boyos. We're megacucked.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

is there some reason why incels use "womyn"? as far as i know "womyn" is only used by uber-feminists

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

is there some reason why incels use "womyn"? as far as i know "womyn" is only used by uber-feminists

They want to distance themselves from women. women who use womyn want to distance themselves from men.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Chadler.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

china bot posted:

An Incel posted:

I see some people debate this. You can't be both an incel and a cuck.
A few days ago someone posted about hearing their mom cheating with chad.
THAT is how an incel becomes a cuck. We all have mothers. Many of us have sisters. Every single time your mom or your sister takes Chad's load she is cucking you.
Cuckcels exist. It's beyond over, boyos. We're megacucked.

What does cuck even mean anymore?? Like at least when it was just a fetish thing it had a definition, now everything is cucking everything else all the time.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

What does cuck even mean anymore?? Like at least when it was just a fetish thing it had a definition, now everything is cucking everything else all the time.
[/quote]

What does gently caress even mean? In a thousand years will we have advanced to where Huck, Buck, and Luck are curse words bereft of any context too? :ohdear:

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"

Chadler, seriously?

Chadolf.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Croisquessein posted:

There was once an incel thread that argued that if you have kids then it means you're being cucked by nature itself.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Think it was only if you had the "misfortune" of having a daughter, cause you'd take care of her and she would love her daddy until she hit that age where she starts lusting for Chad and then stop loving you or some poo poo. Kill all incels

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Reminder that these idiots get all their beliefs from porn and there was at least one porn site where the theme was "daughters gently caress dudes in front of crying fathers". Every single one of their hosed-up beliefs was formed with one hand on their dicks.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

lmao at anglecel. I'm perfect from all directions, particularly underneath.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I legit want to hear how this guy thinks male-only humans reproduced.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
My dude, let me tell you about the Omegaverse...

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Hobologist posted:

Chadler, seriously?

Chadolf.

THANKyou

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

/r/Incels: I'm no scientist but I bet if you tested it you'd find proof

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer
angelcel

He looks like a regular guy with decent features, but then the femoid spots his wings and halo and it's all over

(j/k, wings and halo are worth at least a +2)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Palpek posted:

/r/Incels: I'm no scientist but I bet if you tested it you'd find proof

The worst thing about incels is that I get the urge to try and lead them through the mistakes in their thinking. It's frustrating to know how badly they'd rationalize their bad arguments.

• Locked thread