Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

open24hours posted:

Stan 'Stalin' Grant.

White pride heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Heritage not hate.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

It seems obvious that the far right in the LNP's next step re marriage equality is to attempt to insert discriminatory clauses into the bill (e.g. allowing bakers to deny service to gay people) in order to scuttle the whole thing.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Brown Paper Bag posted:

It seems obvious that the far right in the LNP's next step re marriage equality is to attempt to insert discriminatory clauses into the bill (e.g. allowing bakers to deny service to gay people) in order to scuttle the whole thing.

One of the knucklehead Q&A question askers was very concerned about being forced to perform at gay weddings.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

You'd think if people really didn't want to have to perform at a particular gay wedding they'd just lie and say they had another thing booked that day.

Like, was it that hard?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

One of the knucklehead Q&A question askers was very concerned about being forced to perform at gay weddings.

so he's failing to stand up under the pressure to perform? pfft

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Saw the PM on ABC24 earlier today telling everyone to be sure to be civil as we vote on whether to continue to deny a basic human right to LGBT people and allow bigots to poo poo on them and make their lives even more miserable.

Hmmm, these people view me as subhuman and want me to remain a second class citizen in my own country. Welp, better make sure I don't do anything to make them fell bad about themselves.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Don't worry, they'll just word the question like "do you want to keep the marriage law how it is?" so voting yes would actually be the bigoted option to confuse the issue

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

90,000 people have added themselves to the electoral roll ahead of same-sex marriage survey

On paper this is great because a lot of those are young people, but then I remember that there is plenty of young people out there that are absolutely stupid and would still vote for LNP/ON/FF etc

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yeah I was reading a piece in the age yesterday from a 30 year old someone saying 'I'm voting no because I feel like my free speech is being stifled and I'm being called a bigot!'

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Synthbuttrange posted:

yeah I was reading a piece in the age yesterday from a 30 year old someone saying 'I'm voting no because I feel like my free speech is being stifled and I'm being called a bigot!'

The crybaby bullies are the best.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

"Online articles indirectly calling me a bigot for my bigotry is bullying!"

"Gays getting bashed and murdered doesn't bother me though"

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
doctor john piss

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
Saw on facebook Bolt is publishing quality t-shirt/poster/avatar material.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Literal convicted racist Bolt.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Blanking out history is a true sign of the totalitarian, now let me tell you why the Stolen Generation is a myth.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Better version if anyone wants it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Noice

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Next season of Archer is looking good.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Marxism-Aboriginalism?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://twitter.com/LyleShelton/status/900591568670695424

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Ooh, I hope they get my consignment of poop.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Better add glitter to that list of hazardous materials like plutonium and agent orange.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I knew addressing all my dark web orders to the ACL was a bad idea.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Saw on facebook Bolt is publishing quality t-shirt/poster/avatar material.

Looking at the image thumbnailed I thought it said "AUSTRALIA'S MOST READ COMMUNIST" and got extremely confused for a second.

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

Mad Katter posted:

No wonder they closed down the Backburner. How can it compete when these stories are real?

I ran the backburner. We would have killed it this month 😔

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Lmao so public broadcasting staff who get fired become goons.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

joined 3 sep 2004

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

Lmao so public broadcasting staff who get fired become goons.
Anidav already getting into the making GBS threads on ABC thing, I see.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

BBJoey posted:

joined 3 sep 2004

Its as if the old ABC was goons all along.

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

Ora Tzo posted:

Its as if the old ABC was goons all along.

Backburner was SBS but can confirm I know a lot of ABC goons

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Maybe the country was run by goons this entire time.

No wonder it's so terrible.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's actually run by goon.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Do you have stairs in your house?

No, I have a $100,000 luggage elevator.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Respect to you, backburner goon.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

The Neal! posted:

I ran the backburner. We would have killed it this month 😔

No doubt. Thanks for all the great content.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for July:

Highlights from last month's thread:

Mad Katter posted:

There used to be a postman at my old work, and when he'd drop the mail off I'd chat with him and wind him up. He'd talk about the Illuminati, chemtrails, how we won lotto and actually has an 8 million dollar house in Queensland, and is a 7th dan blackbelt and beat up a bunch of these down my street and they all have helmets locked on to them. For now.

I'm generally pro bike share schemes, but I've seen articles about similar systems where the bikes all end up as garbage littering the street.

Absolutely poo poo headline there.

JBP posted:

Annabel Crabb is here to tell us what weight memes have had in the world) starting using the word abnormal? Different expectations or different ways of doing things isn't saying abnormal it's just that feeling nearly everyone gets when something is important and you're about to pull the trigger on it. How did they not have that "gently caress, better double check this" moment even if they were very young or the country at large. My mistake.

AgentF posted:

You can't attack-proof anything, I think. Our opponents are highly intelligent people who are interested in denigrating our ideas and will find a way to do with how it was communicated, but it's also not because Alan Jones doesn't understand the point of the battery, but it doesn't matter. This went straight from the mouth of some shock jock or Newscorp columnist into the mind of a family member. Doesn't matter if the attack is wrong, it got there first and aligns with the familiar mental pathways of all the other stupid ideological garbage that the newspapers have been telling him for decades now.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Made the mistake of commenting on Shorten's WA party conference speech on Twitter, all I said is that he actually looked like he has a spine for once, now I'm being hounded by a Liberal fanatic who's mentally trapped in 2013 and still going on about the deficit and "Labor's mess". At one point he accused greedy boomers like myself (I'm 29 lol) and Shorten of spending money that the government doesn't have. Oh yeah this is the dudes profile pic:

I can't help but think that this is just a high-effort troll but I know deep inside that this is a real person posting on the internet. IDK ya'll probably see this poo poo all the time and I'm just not as desensitised...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It's pretty toxic with paid shills and people just angling for a fight. That's part of the game, however, because hounding anyone who speaks keeps the rest of us scared and quiet.

• Locked thread