Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah, "bad decisions itt" is still going strong. I'm just saying my thoughts on what equipment and planning you'd need to do are very different with you only needing to make a three or four day bike ride rather than multiple weeks including crossing serious mountains to get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
If you're riding from seattle we need to have a long chat because I've basically done that route, and you're gonna die. Its like a month and a half over some of the biggest mountain ranges in the country.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Currently the plan is greyhound to North Platte or maybe Rapid City and go from there

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also on the agenda: fixing my near 180 out of phase fist hosed sleep schedule if im not supposed to ride at night, been 100% sober nearing a week now and lol daylight

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Unfortunately the normal methods I have used to fix my sleep schedule should probably not apply here due to the sober thing (serisouly, good job on that) but I would imagine you can just stay up all day, ride the bike so you are tired in the afternoon, eat a big meal and then pass the hell out at like 8-9pm.

You are gonna get an awesome exercise high doing this touring, its the best high as its your body's own drugs.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

DICK DICER posted:

Also on the agenda: fixing my near 180 out of phase fist hosed sleep schedule if im not supposed to ride at night, been 100% sober nearing a week now and lol daylight

Good work, glad to hear it. Make a separate thread if you want to.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

DICK DICER posted:

Yeah, good idea.
You wanna be getting up at 5 or 6 in the morning imho.
It is less hot and less windy in the morning, which is nice.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I'm just gonna post this here.

https://rapidcity.craigslist.org/rvs/d/1972-chevrolet-motorhome/6255658911.html

nm
Jan 28, 2008

I don't think dick has a valid license.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

nm posted:

Automotive Sanity > I Bought A Truck: Good Decisions ITT

The only way out of this well is straight down.

Let's all chip in for bigger and more plentiful shovels so we can get this party going again

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Stitecin posted:

The only way out of this well is straight down.

Let's all chip in for bigger and more plentiful shovels so we can get this party going again

Bad choices are fine. Jail, less so.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

nm posted:

Bad choices are fine. Jail, less so.

Exactly. What we need is another goon to buy and drive the camper for dick.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is fine. I suspect the taco truck can operate without you and now that you're a rich lawyer, you can do it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

nm posted:

This is fine. I suspect the taco truck can operate without you and now that you're a rich lawyer, you can do it.

You might think so, but I'm actually shackled to this monstrosity because no one has a clean driving record and is insurable that can also drive a bigass three speed manual van.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

DICK DICER posted:

Well plus the whole no house when i get there so its pretty much making GBS threads in the jeep and sleeping under the trukk until it runs

You know you still have the husk of the van to sleep in too. It's even got seats and everything! Just, uh, maybe sweep some of the broken windshield and stuff out of there.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
How much is a port-a-potty rental in Valentine?

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Seat Safety Switch posted:

How much is a port-a-potty rental in Valentine?

More expensive than a shovel, I'd imagine.

underlig
Sep 13, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Sounds like something i could do, depending if lady Satan gives me time off or not, i've never been to the US

But flying 17 hours from Sweden to drive 4... hmm....

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mr. Nice! posted:

most people prefer their payment in money

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Why? Just cut out the middle man, barter society and all that.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

How much are you willing to pay for a story

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Mr. Nice! posted:

drive the camper for dick.

So where do I meet you guys?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

DICK DICER posted:

Csb: addresss

E2: Sent!

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 28, 2017

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
STR reminds me some seattle goon needs to come save the Pig.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Since you lack PMs. Box sent. it'll be there wed or thurs.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Says you :colbert:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Should we warn the Valentine indigenous peoples???

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Didn't a lot of the locals really like him?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

NAPA guy is going to be so thrilled.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Kazinsal posted:

Midwest NAPA guys are the best. The local owner in my town is known as NAPA "first name". Never just his first name. Always, from everyone, NAPA Guy. He's got a giant building full of salvage cars just out of town. Not scrap, auction bought vehicles with a salvage title. He's the last stop for people who need wheels in my county. Or maniacs. I should bring 14" over to iowa for a day trip once he gets to Nebraska.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Kazinsal posted:

Wasnt there some welder dude with a parking lot full of crazy poo poo or something? Coming soon to a youtube near you: Dave and The Graybeard.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Rhyno posted:

Didn't a lot of the locals really like him?

The ones who didn't end up with their head on a stick outside, maybe.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

DICK DICER posted:

STR reminds me some seattle goon needs to come save the Pig.

If CSB's box doesn't show up, I have a couple of actual real life friends (non-goons, even) who moved to Seattle. I can maybe have one of them perform pig rescue.

... one of them is a vegan, so it'd be particularly funny to have her show up.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Aug 29, 2017

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Hey. Guys.

Guess what.

IT'S HAPPENING:

So, uh. In the meantime, we need some advice for getting the bike and supplies to the destination.
You can carry on a backpack, and you get one checked item. Said item must be under 50lbs and 62"

You can get a second checked item for $15. Or pay to have it shipped for like $35-$45
I'll let Dave cover things more in-depth here once he starts posting.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

That ride is gonna suuuuuck.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I would check the bike with wheels off and bubble wrapped together or whatever he can come up with for first checked item and check a 50 pound bag of supplies for the second ($15). Backpack worn on the front packed tonthe gills is how I did the greyhound before (to keep thieves out of it). drat that ride is gonna be miserable!

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Go to any bike shop in Seattle and ask for a bike box. Take the wheels off and pack the bike in the box, throw all the other poo poo into the box with the bike. Unless they're less strict in the USA than Canada, Greyhound won't take bikes which aren't in boxes anymore.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Dude.

YO DUDES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I lost my loving ID voucher so instead of $5, i had exactly 55 on me intending 50 left to knock out the last of the survival needs and a receipt for a payment of $54 cash and one loving dollar in my loving pocket and no tires, no camp supplies, no sleeping bag, lighting of any kind, and having a meltdown in front of a fred meyer

• Locked thread