Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Vil posted:

Yeah, you caught me mid-edit there. :)

It's fine, your guidelines are pretty dang sensible and roughly what I go by :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If I'm the one out actively hunting and finding things i do not give two shits about waiting more than a few minutes at most. If people want to bitch they can get out and hunt instead of just leeching.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Krabboss posted:

You just need to ask for Goads and Tacticians when available, because pubbies don't always provide those unprompted.
I'm relatively new to FFXIV, about 160-180 hours under my belt, most of them marauder/warrior.

I've been goaded once the entire time I've played

my kingdom for a goad

if i ever play a dps i'm goading my warriors 24/7

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

OneDeadman posted:

If you want to sell poo poo for money, you should also buy the garbage that people sell below market value like morons as well.

Hot tip from my friend Lolorito

its always nice when i go to sell something and see that exact item up for vendor price when i check on prices.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kaubocks posted:

I'm relatively new to FFXIV, about 160-180 hours under my belt, most of them marauder/warrior.

my kingdom for a goad

I enjoy using Goad because it means I've found one of those rare few people that actually use their AoEs.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I have 1500 hours in this game and I still don't have the presence of mind to pay attention to my own poo poo and also look at my party's MP/TP bars

Fortunately I don't play content where that's really important so you guys are safe

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
It's me

I'm the one that solos every ARR and HW A-rank I come across without calling it out

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Rainuwastaken posted:

It's me

I'm the one that solos every ARR and HW A-rank I come across without calling it out

At least you get to hear the kickass HW A rank music. Sill no orchestrion roll for stone and steel ffs

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
'And 'lo, the Warrior of Light waited for dozens and dozens of people to show up and kick the poo poo out of a turtle in like, 3 seconds. It wasn't particularly heroic at all really'

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

'And 'lo, the Warrior of Light waited for dozens and dozens of people to show up and kick the poo poo out of a turtle in like, 3 seconds. It wasn't particularly heroic at all really'

The Warrior of Light collects poop, they don't get to judge heroism.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Cleaning up poop is actually incredibly heroic, thanks

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

The WoL went out and helped kids with their chores then went and kicked the poo poo out of all the best warriors. The poop gathering is like when an professional sports player does their community service to help inspire kids. Definitely heroic.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It's cincinnatus returning to his fields

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Tonight I did Trials DR and watched a MCH with a mentor crown shoot himself to death on Leviathan HM, twice. If you ever feel bad about your own performance, remember that you're not that bozo.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So we're getting 4.06a on tuesday, does anyone know what previous letter patches like this have added? I can't remember any in Heavensward even if there were.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kirbysuperstar posted:

Tonight I did Trials DR and watched a MCH with a mentor crown shoot himself to death on Leviathan HM, twice. If you ever feel bad about your own performance, remember that you're not that bozo.

I want to do mentor roulette for the achievement points and mount but I'm afraid of being that bad/doing dungeons with bads (even if they're well meaning) :(

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

kirbysuperstar posted:

Never forget, the crown doesn't indicate skill, just time played.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

The description on the balloon is something. :stare:

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes

Eopia posted:

So we're getting 4.06a on tuesday, does anyone know what previous letter patches like this have added? I can't remember any in Heavensward even if there were.

Content.

But it could just be hotfixes too.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
On the subject of hunts, here are some handy links:

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/HuntTracker/Excalibur - Tracks the known status of all the A/S hunts. Green only means that it's possible for the hunt to spawn, no guarantees (unless it's one with only a guaranteed trigger like time/weather/moon). These are manually set, so it's good to check when you kill something even if it's just an A.

http://xivhunt.net - An automated hunt tracker that updates whenever someone running the client sees a hunt. It's not as good at showing when things will be available, but it'll actually show the location of things that are currently up. Also has a third-party tool that'll automatically notify you in game, which could theoretically get you banned, but such is life on the edge. (There's also a Discord that runs off this, which would work for PS4 users to get automatic notification, but I forgot what it is.)

http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Elite_Marks - Has criteria for spawning S hunts. Even if you're not going to make the effort to do so, it'll give you an idea when something might appear.

http://cablemonkey.us/huntmap2/ - Maps with known locations for all the hunts, useful for ones that you have to trigger by running over a spawn point or knowing where to look/wait for something.

http://www.garlandtools.org/bell/ - In addition to a handy gathering timers, you can set timers for some of the hunts that appear at a set time/weather/moon. (Warning: Okina seems to be 12 eorzean hours slow. Laideronette is also 20 eorzean minutes fast, but that's not a big deal, just means you're there a minute early.)

There, now you too can become a pro hunter and always be on the scene before things get pulled!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I love tossing out Goad because it means I get to press more buttons and I'm having fun in basic content directly proportional to how many buttons I get to press. When I'm playing alongside a BRD or WAR or PLD and their TP doesn't drop low enough for me to register to Goad them, I get sad. And I don't think I've been Goad'd since Stormblood hit. Give it back to NINs only, everyone else doesn't know wtf they're doing.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Kaubocks posted:

my kingdom for a goad

Ill occasionally try to Mana Shift to our Dark Knight to be nice (read when Haquer runs out of MP and a tank buster is about to show up) . It never works and I cry inside every time. Before the thread yells at me for being sub optimal, we have a BRD and MCH, so I'm not worried about healer MP.

I am hella PEEVED fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Aug 25, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I goad people on my dragoon all the time. I goad honest healers most often because no one ever needs tp :smith:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
New Stormblood short side story is up, entitled: Goddamn. Just gently caress already!

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Mordiceius posted:

New Stormblood short side story is up, entitled: Goddamn. Just gently caress already!

When I went through that part I thought he was upholding some tradition, but nope, he's just a super about it.

Seanticleer
Oct 23, 2014
I've only been playing for a couple of weeks and don't play many MMOs, but out of curiosity how many people who play this game want to gently caress cats? I joined a FC before you jabronis, and the most active member just wanted to talk about how her two cats were on her desk loving and how cute it was, and how one taught the other to 'rape' and how great it was.

Just trying to form my mental Venn diagram here in order to gird my loins properly. For cat loving.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Seanticleer posted:

I've only been playing for a couple of weeks and don't play many MMOs, but out of curiosity how many people who play this game want to gently caress cats? I joined a FC before you jabronis, and the most active member just wanted to talk about how her two cats were on her desk loving and how cute it was, and how one taught the other to 'rape' and how great it was.

Just trying to form my mental Venn diagram here in order to gird my loins properly. For cat loving.

That's weird

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

SonicRulez posted:

I love tossing out Goad because it means I get to press more buttons and I'm having fun in basic content directly proportional to how many buttons I get to press. When I'm playing alongside a BRD or WAR or PLD and their TP doesn't drop low enough for me to register to Goad them, I get sad. And I don't think I've been Goad'd since Stormblood hit. Give it back to NINs only, everyone else doesn't know wtf they're doing.

NIN's never used it either. I have a FC member who absolutely refused to Goad me as BRD because his reasoning was it was a DPS loss to do so because he wouldn't be hitting buttons, he then claimed I should never be running out of TP because I could just use my TP song (which was the actual DPS loss) Stormblood made it so that I have a TP regen that doesn't lower my DPS but i still sometimes get low if pulls are big or we go so fast. I'd love a Goad, haven't seen me get one since Stormblood tho and it was rare before then.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
:thunk:

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

I am hella PEEVED posted:

Ill occasionally try to Mana Shift to our Dark Knight to be nice (read when Haquer runs out of MP and a tank buster is about to show up) . It never works and I cry inside every time. Before the thread yells at me for being sub optimal, we have a BRD and MCH, so I'm not worried about healer MP.

I'm pretty sure this doesn't work if they have Darkside up, since technically mana shift counts as some sort of "refresh". If the DRK drops Darkside then they should get MP. So it's less about being suboptimal and more that it's just not working :v:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
also, mana shift your bard, please

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Seanticleer posted:

Sounds like you ran into a purrvert

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i don't think i've ever ended a 3+ enemy fight with TP remaining and i always feel feel like an rear end in a top hat when i purposefully lag behind a little bit on the way to the next fight just to let my TP recover at least somewhat

goad ur warriors

unless dps have other real important role actions to take, i legitimately don't know, i don't play dps, i just know how impotent i feel in a fight as soon as i expend all my TP

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

potaties posted:

I'm pretty sure this doesn't work if they have Darkside up, since technically mana shift counts as some sort of "refresh". If the DRK drops Darkside then they should get MP. So it's less about being suboptimal and more that it's just not working :v:

It took me longer than I want to admit to stop throwing Ewers on DRKs. They're low on MP, clearly they could use this refresh right? :downs:

...come to think of it, I kind of instinctively redraw (in 4 man) or RR (in 8 man) Ewer unless I'm running out of MP, but is it worth throwing it on a BRD that's actually using Foe's?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mordiceius posted:

http://hixxiart.tumblr.com/post/162961187665/this-is-how-it-happened-you-cant-convince-me

Sadu x Magnai art is suprisingly scarce.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 25, 2017

KoB
May 1, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

i don't think i've ever ended a 3+ enemy fight with TP remaining and i always feel feel like an rear end in a top hat when i purposefully lag behind a little bit on the way to the next fight just to let my TP recover at least somewhat

goad ur warriors

unless dps have other real important role actions to take, i legitimately don't know, i don't play dps, i just know how impotent i feel in a fight as soon as i expend all my TP

It took me a long time to convince my friend to drop one of his self heals.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
When I go into a dungeon as a Samurai, I goad the poo poo out of people. I use it on every big pull I can, when it's up.

But I'm the one who always runs out of TP. I always have to invigorate on large pulls because being a steel blender is taxing. Sometimes I wish for a goad too, but I'm usually in groups with magic DPS.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Blockhouse posted:

trailer's going to be next weekend during the stream
or more realistically: not at ~a month out still

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I comm for Goad and Goad for comms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

In the history of me tanking I think I've been shadewalkered by a pub like once.