Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Garrand posted:

How painful are foot tattoos?

Asking for a friend

It's bearable but it ranks high in the worst spots I have had tattooed list. I did however have both feet tattooed at the same time by two artists for seven hours though, so I've been told I am kind of crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

there wolf posted:

Top or bottom? I've got one on the soul of my foot that hurt like mad, but mostly because the big tendon that runs along the arch started spasming halfway through.

How long do sole of the foot tattoos last? How does the integrity of the tattoo hold up? Coz I would imagine that they get blurred, worn away very easily due to bot the nature of the skin there, and also due to the constant wear and tear on the area by walking/wearing socks etc.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Well I hosed up and got it wet too soon, so I really speak to blurry lines and fading. But it's taken about a decade for the lines to start rubbing out which was longer than I expected. If you have a high arch, it's not a bad spot for something small and cheap.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That's the good poo poo.

e: oh yeah, I came here to post this :stonklol:

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 00:00 on Aug 27, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Well that's probably the stupidest thing I'll see today.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
What is that in the center?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm guessing it's some kind of piercing/implant so the tattooee can mount moving hands for his "watch?" A lot of dedication for a really weak joke, in other words.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I mean if he rigged it up properly somehow and it actually worked that'd be...I don't know not cool but something

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Retro Futurist posted:

I mean if he rigged it up properly somehow and it actually worked that'd be...I don't know not cool but something

You know I am genuinely surprised I haven't seen one of those steampunk idiots with a working clock embedded in their skin.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
Oh, it's the back of a snap. It looks like the watch has been there a while, so this is the update?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Unfortunately I have no context, a friend linked it to me and I just immediately went welp I know which thread I'm postin in tonight.

But yeah that looks to me like somebody drilled a rivet into they own drat wrist.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

rockcity posted:

It's bearable but it ranks high in the worst spots I have had tattooed list. I did however have both feet tattooed at the same time by two artists for seven hours though, so I've been told I am kind of crazy.

How big are your feet, drat.

Also this would have killed me.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Yeah I did both of my feet (toes to ankles) consecutively for eight hours and while they are probably my best tattoos that get the most compliments I let everyone who asks know what a mistake that was and I would never sign up for it again knowing what that poo poo was like.

Feet: 2 hours at a time max

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I wonder if, when someone asks for some bullshit like this, the tattoo artist looks them in the eye and says, "I know you think this is funny now, but are you aware that, once I'm finished, you will be killed if you ever wind up in prison?"

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That's the good poo poo.

oh look, it's time to amputate an arm

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Since the watch is drawn at some weird angle that doesn't make sense the numbers are not 90 degree s apart from each other so the watch won't even work correctly when it's installed. The 9 is where the 10 should be.

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

Dead Reckoning posted:

I wonder if, when someone asks for some bullshit like this, the tattoo artist looks them in the eye and says, "I know you think this is funny now, but are you aware that, once I'm finished, you will be killed if you ever wind up in prison?"

Maybe it's so they'll always have spank material when they go to prison.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYMY3YLn0QX/

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

LSD at the gangbang posted:

Maybe it's so they'll always have spank material when they go to prison.

I'm not being sarcastic or making a joke, you have the best user name ever.

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

What? I cannot for the life of me work out what this is meant to read as a whole. I think the left section is meant to say "All that is gold does not glitter." Only there are marks missing so it actually reads "All that is gold toes not klitter." That's even ignoring the fact that some things haven't been aligned for vertical reading so there's a bunch of 1s in there randomly.

For the right section I can work out "The heart of ma(n)" but the test makes no sense as far as I can tell. No idea what this has to do with The Matrix either.

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That's the good poo poo.

:barf:

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Dead Reckoning posted:

There was a goon a while back who did a thread about his time in prison and he said there are so many child molesters (called chomos, pronounced to rhyme with homos) in prison that they can easily stick together for protection.

Calexio posted:

What? I cannot for the life of me work out what this is meant to read as a whole. I think the left section is meant to say "All that is gold does not glitter." Only there are marks missing so it actually reads "All that is gold toes not klitter." That's even ignoring the fact that some things haven't been aligned for vertical reading so there's a bunch of 1s in there randomly.

For the right section I can work out "The heart of ma(n)" but the test makes no sense as far as I can tell. No idea what this has to do with The Matrix either.

Digital rain (the scrolling code in the Matrix) is a bunch of random Japanese characters. I'm a little surprised his tattoo almost says anything.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

twoday posted:

Since the watch is drawn at some weird angle that doesn't make sense the numbers are not 90 degree s apart from each other so the watch won't even work correctly when it's installed. The 9 is where the 10 should be.

Yeah, it would need a more complex non-linear mechanism.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Calexio posted:

"All that is gold toes not clitter."
FTFY. :v:

Yeah, that is hot garbage all around. I mean, the font is okay? But the missing diacritical marks, the misaligned long-vowel characters, and the left-to-right reading order (Japanese written vertically is read right to left) make for a bunch of gobbledygook.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That's the good poo poo.

Thought this was a colostomy port and the joke was 'making GBS threads time'.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
At a passing glance, to me, this is really unreadable but I can't put my finger on why...

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

ricketyvickyt posted:

At a passing glance, to me, this is really unreadable but I can't put my finger on why...

Maybe because it's flowers covering up someone's scars where they used to cut themselves to sleep at night and there are no letters in the tattoo.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

MariusLecter posted:

Thought this was a colostomy port and the joke was 'making GBS threads time'.

I would be okay with the "making GBS threads time" tat.

Do people get tats around colostomy ports? That seems like it could go pretty tasteless pretty fast.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Mammal Sauce posted:

Maybe because it's flowers covering up someone's scars where they used to cut themselves to sleep at night and there are no letters in the tattoo.

I mean I get what you're saying but a better artist would have the lines in the flowers follow the scars and not have those weird lines in the leaves that draw attention to the lines in the scars.

It will likely look better healed, but I feel bad for this person trying to move on from self harm getting a mediocre tattoo.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

HungryMedusa posted:

I mean I get what you're saying but a better artist would have the lines in the flowers follow the scars and not have those weird lines in the leaves that draw attention to the lines in the scars.

It will likely look better healed, but I feel bad for this person trying to move on from self harm getting a mediocre tattoo.

I think that's what's throwing me off. It doesn't seem to flow properly. I knew it was a scar cover up. There are a million and ideas that would've been better.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

ricketyvickyt posted:

I think that's what's throwing me off. It doesn't seem to flow properly. I knew it was a scar cover up. There are a million and ideas that would've been better.

The lines on the orchid is a bit about as well? Idk

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

fullroundaction posted:

How big are your feet, drat.

Also this would have killed me.

Size 12, so reasonably big. One of them went up onto my shin a bit so it wasn't a small tattoo. Both them went right to my toes. It was bearable as far as tattoo pain goes, but healing them was honestly worse. I knew I was kind of crazy when all of the artists in the shop looked at me and were like "oh gently caress that." There were a ton of people in the shop that day and talking is the best distraction for me when I'm being tattooed so that helped a lot. I also drove home four hours the next day without shoes.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

rockcity posted:

Size 12, so reasonably big. One of them went up onto my shin a bit so it wasn't a small tattoo. Both them went right to my toes. It was bearable as far as tattoo pain goes, but healing them was honestly worse. I knew I was kind of crazy when all of the artists in the shop looked at me and were like "oh gently caress that." There were a ton of people in the shop that day and talking is the best distraction for me when I'm being tattooed so that helped a lot. I also drove home four hours the next day without shoes.

What the hell? Did you get something like this?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I've had the idea to put the electrical ground symbol the top of my feet (Get it? Huh? Huh?)

Not sure if these last few posts have talked me out of it or not

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I've had an idea to do the top of both my feet for a while. Wanted the Queen of Spades on my left foot and the King of Hearts on my right. Just waiting to find the right artist to do it. I'm thinking I might swing it at Abby Drielsma next year, pending finance and ability to go to Melbourne. I've got the space above both arches done at the start of this year - just line work. I'd agree with other posters in saying it is intense but bearable and I have a pretty poo poo pain tolerance. I'm glad I didn't ask for anything too ornate because holy gently caress ow.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Mammal Sauce posted:

"Fine or generally okay tattoos"

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

DumbparameciuM posted:

I've had an idea to do the top of both my feet for a while. Wanted the Queen of Spades on my left foot and the King of Hearts on my right. Just waiting to find the right artist to do it. I'm thinking I might swing it at Abby Drielsma next year, pending finance and ability to go to Melbourne. I've got the space above both arches done at the start of this year - just line work. I'd agree with other posters in saying it is intense but bearable and I have a pretty poo poo pain tolerance. I'm glad I didn't ask for anything too ornate because holy gently caress ow.

Getting a Queen of Spades tattoo has a very specific meaning that you might want to look up before getting this tattoo

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That's the good poo poo.

I really really want to know what this hole/rivet thing is used for. Some sort of body modification but I don't quite understand what I'm looking for.

Is there some sort of pinwheel contraption that moves like watchhands? The world may never know.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

trapped mouse posted:

Getting a Queen of Spades tattoo has a very specific meaning that you might want to look up before getting this tattoo

Also, it’s only for female identified people, male identified people should get a Jack of spades. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

trapped mouse posted:

lol thanks for the heads up