Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Phrosphor posted:

Tried to fit in a game over my lunch break and ended up against another 'run away and only engage with lrms' player. It took 40 minutes before we actually engaged properly. I had to quit because I ran out of time and had to go back to work. Having him refuse to fight made me very frustrated. He was going to win the game anyway, so well done him, but it was the most boring experience.

Funnily enough LRMs on jump-capable mechs are a pretty hard counter to running a bunch of lights like I did my last few matches. I can see why it would be frustrating though and how they might require some looking-over in coming patches if they get too strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Make the Focus/Fury bar a name entry field alongside when you name your commander and company.

"Pilots, use the MAXIMUM MANEUVER"
"Sure boss :jerkbag:"
"Don't make me rename it to Focus Group Fury."

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It should be the Information gauge. Because information is ammunition.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It should be the Information gauge. Because information is ammunition.

Knowledge is power. Guard it well.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Alchenar posted:

Hot take: I don't like 'fury'.

Not the concept, just the name. This isn't Space Marine, my mechwarriors are not having a moment of superhuman effort powered by rage. 'Inspire' was fine.

Is 'main character meter' too on the nose? The Protagonist Power button is almost too good.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

I'm liking the idea that you can customize it. I want "Phelan Patrick Ward Wolf Kell's Plot Armor".

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Let's skip right to the chase and call it Accuracy Juice.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Needs to be called "SQUAWK" when used with Tetatae pilots.

Also, Phrosphor put in some good effort posting that works as a newbie MP guide. Could throw that in the OP so people have some guidance.

https://community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/9377

Also:
https://gfycat.com/LateMerryBrahmancow

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Is HBS cool with people streaming the MP? I know they were with the single player

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Rygar201 posted:

Is HBS cool with people streaming the MP? I know they were with the single player

I believe the FAQ about the Beta was basically "hey, go nuts. We like free advertising."

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

I want this to be turned into a feature

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Section Z posted:

Make the Focus/Fury bar a name entry field alongside when you name your commander and company.

"Pilots, use the MAXIMUM MANEUVER"
"Sure boss :jerkbag:"
"Don't make me rename it to Focus Group Fury."

For a second I thought you typed MAXIMUM HITLER

The choice for evil companies?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Libluini posted:

For a second I thought you typed MAXIMUM HITLER

The choice for evil companies?

That would be for the glorious pipe dream miracle of a Brigador TBS.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Psion posted:

I want this to be turned into a feature

The newest vid from Gamescom showcased and even better, faster one, but not as hilarious.
https://i.imgur.com/4xcE8mx.gifv

You can do what I did by opening the folder:
X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\BattleTech - Private Beta\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\weapon

Locate and edit:
Weapon_AC20.json

Change line:
"ProjectilesPerShot": 20, to "ProjectilesPerShot": 200,
Save and enjoy.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Section Z posted:

That would be for the glorious pipe dream miracle of a Brigador TBS.

no Hitlers in brigador buddy

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The more I play with the new Evasion system and the more used to it I get, the less I like it. It feels like Sensor Lock is even more vital now than it was before. Plus, it's essentially worthless to Sensor Lock a Mech that moves after your Locking Mech. So you end up in a cycle of reserves that feels kind of... degenerative?

I do think it's an improvement over the old system where Evasive Move was simply broken, but there's something not quite right with it still.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Q_res posted:

The more I play with the new Evasion system and the more used to it I get, the less I like it. It feels like Sensor Lock is even more vital now than it was before. Plus, it's essentially worthless to Sensor Lock a Mech that moves after your Locking Mech. So you end up in a cycle of reserves that feels kind of... degenerative?

I do think it's an improvement over the old system where Evasive Move was simply broken, but there's something not quite right with it still.

I think it's an improvement that makes over engined units like the QKD viable. As for the Sensor Lock thing, the obvious option is could also cap your future movement mods by two in addition to removing two current Pips. This still lets you lock a unit before it moves without losing effectiveness, as currently if you Lock a Light with yours and it simply jumps for max Evasion and fires, it's like why even Lock? Like you noted, it leads to reserve wars and a rush to Phase 1. With that change, it won't be any different to units who get locked after movement, but provide a 4 Pip maximum available to the target yet to move. For most heavier units, this won't change much as they won't get to 5 or 6 unless they are running Evasive Move and are already speedy/jumpy builds. The change might make Lights too vulnerable, but also would give you a greater reason to move the mediums ASAP to rebuild their Pips lost from the previous round before the big guys fire. They're now free to move and shoot their Light Locker's target knowing any future Locks against them will degrade them all the same. They would have less reason to reserve and that push to apply immediate damage to the target might start being a good idea earlier in the game compared to where it is now. Of course, this still doesn't completely negate regaining Pips by moving at the right moment, but encouraging movement with minimal reserving is what will help fight reserve wars. I don't know if capping the Locked units Pips is the right answer, but it's the most obvious.

Maybe it comes out to just that reserving doesn't have enough downsides if the engagement isn't in full heat?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Q_res posted:

I think that's just a symptom of evasive move pilot abililty letting you get far too many pips on slower mechs and even on a single action instead of a sprint. If you don't use evasive move pilots you don't get ridiculous dodges even on combat turns on anything but mechs that are really fast and give up a lot of other things for that speed.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

I am wondering if unsteady could also effect the max amount of pips you can build.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Phrosphor posted:

I am wondering if unsteady could also effect the max amount of pips you can build.

It does, by preventing you from sprinting

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Rygar201 posted:

It does, by preventing you from sprinting

Sorry I should have clarified my post. I misused unsteady. I meant that having one bar of unsteadiness damage (but not the unsteady effect) could possibly reduce your max pips by one. Two bars of damage could reduce it by two. Etc.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Phrosphor posted:

Sorry I should have clarified my post. I misused unsteady. I meant that having one bar of unsteadiness damage (but not the unsteady effect) could possibly reduce your max pips by one. Two bars of damage could reduce it by two. Etc.

This feels like it could be a good idea

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Might be better if instead of reducing max, it negated x amount of pips. So if you've got a pip of unstead, the first pip of evasive is ignored.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

no Hitlers in brigador buddy

The Brigador dev is a full on turbonazi.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

communism bitch posted:

what :(

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

communism bitch posted:

You may be thinking of the guy who wrote the novel who I think started making some poo poo statements well after the game and book were out. Devs are cool.

I brought up the joke initially because it's a game where weaponry includes turbo acid murder gas canister launchers made by the Loyalists, and the "Small" weapons category includes handheld radiation weapons capable of gooifying a person made by the Spacers.

Civilians are worth 50 credits. Blowing up a trimmed hedge or flat of shipping crates is worth 100.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Aug 28, 2017

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Section Z posted:

You may be thinking of the guy who wrote the novel. Devs are cool.

I brought up the joke initially because it's a game where weaponry includes turbo acid murder gas canister launchers made by the Loyalists, and the "Small" weapons category includes handheld radiation weapons capable of gooifying a person made by the Spacers.

Civilians are worth 50 credits. Blowing up a trimmed hedge or flat of shipping crates is worth 100.

I didn't see it myself, but another goon was chatting a while ago about how he's all fine and nice when he posts here, but spends a bunch of time on some right wing offsite crying about SA being full of sjws. I understood him to mean the Brigador game dev, but perhaps I got the wrong end of the stick.

Anyway i pledged for this waaay back in the otiginal KS, finally dl'd the beta client only to discover my poor old computer aint up to the requirements and can't even load a match. I never would have thought that this would be the game to finally defeat it.

communism bitch fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Aug 28, 2017

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Yeah maybe don't say poo poo like that if you don't know what you're talking about and can't provide an example.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I thought it was the Thermidor dev that was crazy, although I never really got the whole story on that one.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Everyone is a bad person is the only solution.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

According to today's backer update, they will be updating the MP build over the next couple weeks.

Jordan Wesiman posted:

Lastly - thank you again for all of your feedback on the Backer Beta Update! It’s encouraging to see such positive reactions to all of the changes we made based on your survey and forum feedback. And we greatly appreciate those of you who are braving the rough waters of the Double-Secret Multiplayer Beta - your play is really helping us smooth out that experience. Expect more updates to the Double-Secret Multiplayer Beta in the coming weeks as we improve the experience. We will announce a date for the addition of multiplayer to the normal Backer Beta when we are closer to releasing it.

All the best,

Jordan

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

Also contains a video showing off a new terrain type (martian) with jumpable and destructable buildings. Which are neat. And a more indepth explanation of how crits got overhauled (they reroll until they hit a thing they can crit instead of fizzling if the first roll is an empty or already destroyed location).

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

DatonKallandor posted:

Also contains a video showing off a new terrain type (martian) with jumpable and destructable buildings. Which are neat. And a more indepth explanation of how crits got overhauled (they reroll until they hit a thing they can crit instead of fizzling if the first roll is an empty or already destroyed location).

That is how they work in TT.

Don't put ammunition by itself in a torso.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Voyager I posted:

That is how they work in TT.

Don't put ammunition by itself in a torso.

Laserboat all day, every day, got it.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Rygar201 posted:

Laserboat all day, every day, got it.

if you're afraid of insta-kill ammo explosions? yep.

Ammo weapons are pretty much high risk high reward with the exception of MGs, which are more of a cry for help from a suicidal mechwarrior.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

This game doesn't seem to have TACs so ammo is significantly less risky than in tabletop.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Great Beer posted:

This game doesn't seem to have TACs so ammo is significantly less risky than in tabletop.

And yet every single centurion and orion I have fielded so far has died early because of an AC ammo explosion :(

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Phrosphor posted:

And yet every single centurion and orion I have fielded so far has died early because of an AC ammo explosion :(

I keep losing Orions to headshots. :( Other than that, I love them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

rocketrobot posted:

I keep losing Orions to headshots. :( Other than that, I love them.

Wow really? I haven't seen a single headshot since the new update, you must be fantastically unlucky!