Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I only see elgintensity's videos and I'm glad to not know about any fitness YouTube drama

I know Elliot hulse had a channel and then disappeared for some reason and I never knew why
He just said a lot of words and then stopped. Definite case of "holy poo poo shut up and tell me the actual information" everytime I watched his videos.

quote:

The scooby channel also closed for a few months because of 4chan harassment or something

That's my knowledge of YouTube fitness drama, like and share with your friends
Claims natural while doing steroids and went on long rants about it. Surprisingly not chill guy at times given how chill he tries to seem.

I have nothing against PED use and follow tons of dudes who use, but it looks real bad if you use and dedicate so much time to claiming you don't.

He might have backpeddled and said TRT at some point. Which is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Wait Scooby is on poo poo? I thought the 4chan doxxing was outing him as gay (who would seriously give a poo poo about that).

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Gay bodybuilders?!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
They get SO much vitamin D.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
How could anyone look at Scooby and think "there is a clean, hetero man"? He'd been out and proud (about the gay sex, not the drugs) for years.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Anti-Hero posted:

Wait Scooby is on poo poo? I thought the 4chan doxxing was outing him as gay (who would seriously give a poo poo about that).

apparently some people do

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Dum Cumpster posted:

apparently some people do

Yeah, I meant that more of a criticism of the folks making an issue out of it, who are poo poo heads.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

I only see elgintensity's videos and I'm glad to not know about any fitness YouTube drama

I know Elliot hulse had a channel and then disappeared for some reason and I never knew why

The scooby channel also closed for a few months because of 4chan harassment or something

That's my knowledge of YouTube fitness drama, like and share with your friends

Elliot got so badly burned by IE he went hiding for a long time (about the pseudo spiritual garbage he kept spewing)

Scooby and his family got harassed by 4chan, including his boyfriend or spouse or whatever and I think his employer got involved too

Bradley screwed Genuinely Nice Guy Calum Von Moger in their joint fart powder business, made a half hearted apology to him, then demanded Calum take down the apology and every related video. Then people started opening about all kinds of shady stuff with him. He wanted to charge some other youtubers like 30k$ just to appear in their videos, he talked poo poo about famous fitness people in conventions, wears a hat 24/7 because he's so ashamed of his balding, didn't give some youtuber a blanket when he stayed in his house. Now he owns a kick rear end gym which attracts cool people (Hafthor, Klokov), but spends most of his time making retarted click bait videos with titles like I ate 2 tons of pizza where he eats 2 slices of pizza

That's what I've gathered.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Alright

Elliot hulse seemed like a dumb bro but I thought he meant well with his videos

Im just waiting for the dirt on the AthleanX guy, he seems cool and legit but I bet he has a sex dungeon or some poo poo

Also another Spanish looking kid who I forget the name of seems nice

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

are the hodges twins still around? that's the last thing i remember from YouTube weightlifting people some years ago. pretty dumb stuff but made me laugh

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

A fine day to squat.
Blood fire deadlift.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Elliot hulse seemed like a dumb bro but I thought he meant well with his videos
He was cool with helpful tips and advice but then started going off the reservation and just every video he made was him babbling about crazy poo poo and giving people life advice.

He tore a bicep, shrunk and is living in some huge house with his family training people in the garage.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Just did bench press 5x5 with a 45 plate on each side! I know that's baby weight for you guys, but I feel pretty proud. No way I could do that much a few months or even weeks ago. My goal is to be able to do 2x45 plates, but that's a ways off.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

bromplicated posted:

Just did bench press 5x5 with a 45 plate on each side! I know that's baby weight for you guys, but I feel pretty proud. No way I could do that much a few months or even weeks ago. My goal is to be able to do 2x45 plates, but that's a ways off.

Nice job bro

My shoulder has felt broken for the past few months so that's all the weight I do too, don't want to injure myself too much more

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

bromplicated posted:

that's good, well done! it's a real nice feeling to do that

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

bromplicated posted:

its not about the weight you lift
its about the heart you put into it
:frogc00l:

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Reps for piana tanks?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Rip Piana

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
i wonder if synthol is explosive when you cremate someone

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
He seemed like mostly a good dude in all honesty. I enjoyed his enthusiasm and liberal use of the word "motherfucker".

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

It's time to go to the gym and lift more than everyone there while looking worse than everyone there because I am emfattening my body to gain massive power

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Having started my doctorate program, the university gym is full of the roundest lower backs, largest gaps between barbell and chest and shallowest squats I have seen, it is an awe to behold. There's also actual monsters who subsist on nothing but corn and salami who heave stacks of red plates. I am home.

Edit: frying up chorizo to add to my breakfast

Edit 2: fried eggs in chorizo grease

HukHukHuk fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Aug 26, 2017

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

My programming has cycles where I incline to above the chest, because I have an injury history in my shoulder and I get the same results as if I go all the way down, except with a decreased risk of injury .

Those dudes, probably not.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Hopefully the swole ghost will visit me at the gym today. I only got 5 hours sleep.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Dilber posted:

My programming has cycles where I incline to above the chest, because I have an injury history in my shoulder and I get the same results as if I go all the way down, except with a decreased risk of injury .

There is a difference between 2 inches above the chest and 2 inches of barbell travel

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dilber posted:

If your arm hits parallel to the ground you don't have to go any lower for tricep/chest stuff.

It took me a while to learn this because I will injure myself almost every drat time if I go below parallel, and parallel is a while before hitting my chest.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Apprentice Dick posted:

There is a difference between 2 inches above the chest and 2 inches of barbell travel

Not always!

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

[quote="“mobby_6kl”" post="“475770100”"]
Not always!

[/quote]

:thunk:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
So I just signed up at the YMCA. I've been sedentary for.... well a few years pretty much aside from brief stints of kickboxing and BJJ. I also signed up for yoga and went maybe 3 or 4 times last week. I am really enjoying it due to the whole sad brain thing.

I need to finally start weight training. In the weight loss forum in YLLS they mostly recommended Stronglifts. I lost a lot of weight this year, over 30 lbs, but I didn't do it in the healthiest manner. I really have no muscle. I shake a lot during yoga.

I'm hoping to start Monday with workout A of stronglifts. When I signed up at the YMCA I also signed up for a TRX Fusion class thing. I don't know what it is but they said resistance is involved so whatever. I signed up before I decided to start Stronglifts. That's every Wednesday.

Because of that I'm only going to be doing stronglifts Monday and Friday. I was thinking "Oh dear I won't be doing the A B A thing all week." I've come to the conclusion that I don't give a gently caress because anything that gets me in the gym, or anything out of my isolation chamber, will be beneficial.

So this is my anticipated schedule.

Monday: Tai Chi in the morning (I really need poo poo to help my brain). Workout A right after that.
Wednesday: The TRX thing.
Friday: Workout B

I'll be doing yoga intermittently whenever I feel like it as well. This is all a huge jump from sitting in on my reclining couch with my laptop on me and poo poo posting.

Important note. I understand that this is Swoleception, but I'm not looking to get super swole. I know I know. I just don't care. I'm just trying to get out of my house to start with. I also want a place outside of YLLS to post about poo poo.

So basically, hello swole goons. I am hoping to join the journey of swoleness by taking baby steps. Please embrace me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

mobby_6kl posted:

Not always!

uh

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

. Please embrace me.

the good news is that if you're as weak and puny as you claim, then you'll make all kinds of gains by lifting at all

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Important note. I understand that this is Swoleception, but I'm not looking to get super swole. I know I know. I just don't care. I'm just trying to get out of my house to start with. I also want a place outside of YLLS to post about poo poo.

Don't worry, with your constant relapses and mental issues that's not something you'll have to worry about.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
pennywise i would recommend starting strength over stronglifts having done both. 5x5 will burn you out, 3x5 will allow for more long term gains...you can add weight to the bar longer before plateauting

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
You can also do Greyskull and get the benefits of 3x5 without the constant interjection of libertarian dogma.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I recommend steroids. You can sit on your rear end and get massive gains.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

FogHelmut posted:

I recommend steroids. You can sit on your rear end and get massive gains.

Seconded

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Paper Diamonds posted:

its not about the weight you lift
its about the heart you put into it
:frogc00l:

Welcome brother/sister/non- binary person

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ham_sanitizer posted:

pennywise i would recommend starting strength over stronglifts having done both. 5x5 will burn you out, 3x5 will allow for more long term gains...you can add weight to the bar longer before plateauting

I was a little worried about doing 5 sets. I'll look into starting strength as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Please embrace me.

Turn the sadbrains into swolebrains.

But not too swolebrains, don't wanna Rich Piana yourself. Too swole to live, swole enough to die. :rip: