Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

oh man i love the fact that

everyone poo poo talking this for months then being into it, that is

I'll have you know I said only good things about this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’ll have you know I said only bad things about this game.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’ll have you know I said only bad things about this game.

yeah but that's kinda your thing

you always come around eventually. see: brecci, the entirety of IW

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My thing is being a good player in good cod games.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I will say, it is alright for a CoD game.

That said, it's also overhyped but that's also par for the course for a CoD game, regardless if it's a return to form.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
I'm sure I will buy it, just like every other CoD.

Downloading the beta now. Just 10 hours to go.

Kizurue fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 26, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m glad the Nintendo Switch exists and will keep me from buying this very bad game.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Sure it will :thumbsup:

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Wazzit posted:

Sure it will :thumbsup:

When's the WW2 Switch spreadsheet

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Actually liking the reduced hipspread Garand more than the SMGs, if only for the fact that it can accurately hit at any distance. Without mods it's pretty rough.

The fire shotgun shells are weird to me. Having four of them loaded up front kind of says "okay, use these and die and get more". It would make more sense to be used like a grenade launcher, where you load them in yourself. It's a strange choice.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

So far I like it okay, but I can't use the starter assault rifle to save my life. First LMG is pretty good though.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
They need to adjust the fall damage height because you barely drop off a ledge and get hurt. And yeah the run length before fatigue should be higher.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
What, do you think you're some sort of, I dunno... Bionic Man, or something? :colbert:

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

I can't get into War. The idea sounds nice on paper: a purely objective-based game mode that doesn't count deaths, and doesn't have pesky streaks. In practice, it feels very static. You know who's going to win by the end of the first stage. Now when you know who'll win in normal objective modes, there's always something to work towards, like map control or killstreaks. You can't get map control because if you go into the enemy base, you get marked on the minimap, and you'll die within 15 seconds. And there are no streaks to work towards. The map is incredibly linear. Even the close moments within some matches felt manufactured.

60 Hz servers, they said

https://giant.gfycat.com/HonestIdenticalAlligatorsnappingturtle.mp4

Two gameplays in one video. First is STG on Ardennes, second is mostly sniping on Ardennes. Stock is great on ARs. Switch happens around 6:06.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQZc1mtanPc

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I really like War mode. First game since Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory that makes objective based FPS feel like you're actually accomplishing something.

I really don't like the off limits area thing though. They should get rid of that to offer a bit more latitude in how you tackle controlling the map of the objective area

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
More WW2 Beta Reactions that are mostly negative:

-- Graphics continue to stick out as not good. Clearly worse than BF1, but also noticeably worse than the most recent Call of Duty games.

-- Lots of MP balance issues currently exist. Guns feel very unbalanced, the shotguns are fun but probably too overpowered in one on one confrontations. At least in my experience the LMG's are useless. Rate of fire just isn't fast enough. There is a lot aim jump if you get shot too so the theoretical LMG advantage is immediately taken away even when engaged in long distance.

-- Pistols suck bad

-- Kill streak bonuses seem just a tad too hard to get

-- Maps are too small and also have way too much weird graphical poo poo going on. Things like fire embers, smoke, explosions and things happening that are supposed to add ambiance but just confused the battlefield in a bad way.

-- Sprint still sucks, but I'm pretty sure theyre definitely changing this

I will be cancelling my preorder.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
aren't most of those widely known to be things that they're looking to tweak as a result of the beta? I mean, has there ever been a beta for these games that hasn't resulted in rebalancing of weapons/streaks/etc?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

soggybagel posted:

-- Maps are too small and also have way too much weird graphical poo poo going on. Things like fire embers, smoke, explosions and things happening that are supposed to add ambiance but just confused the battlefield in a bad way.

I hated this poo poo in IW. Ambient noise that sounds like enemy movement.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Are the graphics really not as good as the last few games? How is that possible?

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Are the graphics really not as good as the last few games? How is that possible?

I'm almost positive that the beta is using lower res textures than will be in the final game to keep the download size to a minimum. I'd be willing to bet :10bux: that the texture resolution at release will be much better.

The map sizes feel fine to me so far. And in regards to battlefield noise, you're insane if you think the last few games didn't have that. BLOPS3 and IW have all kinds of dumb loving neon signs and whirlygig bullshit all over the place.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

soggybagel posted:

-- Lots of MP balance issues currently exist. Guns feel very unbalanced, the shotguns are fun but probably too overpowered in one on one confrontations. At least in my experience the LMG's are useless. Rate of fire just isn't fast enough. There is a lot aim jump if you get shot too so the theoretical LMG advantage is immediately taken away even when engaged in long distance.

People like you are why we never get good shotguns. The trade off for being the close range 1v1 king is you're bad at range, but nobody ever feels bad about killing the shotgunner from 20 feet away.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

bear is driving! posted:

I'm almost positive that the beta is using lower res textures than will be in the final game to keep the download size to a minimum. I'd be willing to bet :10bux: that the texture resolution at release will be much better.

This was literally said for another game beta, word for word; damned if I can remember what it was though.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Hackan Slash posted:

People like you are why we never get good shotguns. The trade off for being the close range 1v1 king is you're bad at range, but nobody ever feels bad about killing the shotgunner from 20 feet away.

I'm the problem? I think they're actually good in this game but maybe a tinge too overpowered is all. I'm not saying they need a nerf and it's by far the most fun gun to use? I am the problem only in that i overuse it and it pisses other people off.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

In this thread, if you're not for all shotguns having at least the lethal range of the MW2 SPAS, then you're against shotguns.

Shotguns aren't the problem; the level design is.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Been having lots of fun in War. Although, I can't tell you how many times I've had to solo build the bridge.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All shotguns should be 1 hit kills close range.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Mister Facetious posted:

I hated this poo poo in IW. Ambient noise that sounds like enemy movement.

This is also a problem. Your character and other players team mates or otherwise will yell out poo poo that you can't control giving away your and their location.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/comments/6w2bqt/what_does_everyone_think_about_random_enemy/

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

soggybagel posted:

This is also a problem. Your character and other players team mates or otherwise will yell out poo poo that you can't control giving away your and their location.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/comments/6w2bqt/what_does_everyone_think_about_random_enemy/

Traditionally, Dead Silence/Ninja usually cancelled it, but I rather like hearing about ten inch shtojennas. :quagmire:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

So they nerfed points earned in Dom but Hardpoint still has 100 points per kill so playing the objective in that gives way more points than Dom. :psyduck:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

So they nerfed points earned in Dom but Hardpoint still has 100 points per kill so playing the objective in that gives way more points than Dom. :psyduck:

Clearly, that's the eSports mode Activision wants to direct player traffic towards. :tinfoil:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mill Village posted:

It's not like I play Dom anyway.

And besides, my shotgun isn't gonna do objectives unless it's in War mode.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mister Facetious posted:

In this thread, if you're not for all shotguns having at least the lethal range of the MW2 SPAS, then you're against shotguns.

Shotguns aren't the problem; the level design is.

Just port the shotguns over from blops 2. I remember running around with the quad burst shotgun silenced and still dunking on everyone.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Actually bring the dual 1887 shotguns from modern warfare 2.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

They did

They're in IW

-B l a z e i n g-
May 11, 2010
Did they hand over the Cod4 remaster on Xbox One to a team of retards or something. THe deadzones on the sticks are so big. The controls are fine on ps4 though

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I'm pretty sure they pushed out a patch that increased run speed and its seriously made the game so much better. It just makes dying not as bad since you can rush to the front of fighting faster. It makes getting around better. Its crazy how much more enjoyable that single thing is.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

soggybagel posted:

I'm pretty sure they pushed out a patch that increased run speed and its seriously made the game so much better. It just makes dying not as bad since you can rush to the front of fighting faster. It makes getting around better. Its crazy how much more enjoyable that single thing is.

Considering that Activision rereleased MW1, you'd think they'd remember just how lovely respawning on Bloc was without infinite sprint again.

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society

el B posted:

Been having lots of fun in War. Although, I can't tell you how many times I've had to solo build the bridge.

Yup! Over the weekend it seemed like everyone was either trying to rush the bridge - but didn't bring any smoke - or too busy trying to get that 500 yard headshot across the chasm, without actually crossing the bridge.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

victrix posted:

They did

They're in IW

And they made a varient that turns it into a tri barrel burst of death Synaptics love to use just as much as the VPR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Considering that Activision rereleased MW1, you'd think they'd remember just how lovely respawning on Bloc was without infinite sprint again.

They just made it so you respawn in front of snipers instead.

• Locked thread