Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

253 is still pretty hefty for a rb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Wheres my 50k

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

hifi posted:

Wheres my 50k

I'd assume step one is having NFL talent at running back. Then step two is eating so much someone puts this into your contract.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

But when I try this with women...

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
For context, Ezekiel Elliot is listed as 225

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Sweeper posted:

253 is still pretty hefty for a rb

it's a stepped thing
they're trying to get him down to like 245 or whatever via a series of incremental weigh-in incentives like this

the packers always wanted to play him at around 230, which apparently was a big issue.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

LA is having trouble putting together hosting a Super Bowl.

That's a :hmbol:.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
smdh, Cassius

http://compete.kotaku.com/cassius-marsh-competes-in-magic-tournament-gets-wrecke-1796367714

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think a 6 year old girl went like 3-3 in that one.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Aw but he had fun

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

shirts and skins posted:

Aw but he had fun

We're talking about an NFL linebacker, not your four year old.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

fuckin' jocks mirite boys?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I am triggered so hard right now...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I want that shirt and the Warriors back to back shirts so loving bad

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

I am triggered so hard right now...

It's not nice to take things from Honduran children.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

I received this shirt as a Christmas gift prior to that Super Bowl. I can't bring myself to wear it anymore :smith:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Nervous posted:

I received this shirt as a Christmas gift prior to that Super Bowl. I can't bring myself to wear it anymore :smith:

One of my coworkers was in Arizona during the Super Bowl and picked me up a Seahawks XLIX pin. I still have it in my office, just...not really sure what to do with it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

shirts and skins posted:

One of my coworkers was in Arizona during the Super Bowl and picked me up a Seahawks XLIX pin. I still have it in my office, just...not really sure what to do with it.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Super Bowl 49 is the only time I've ever bought anything explicitly "12" branded. It was a bottle of whiskey and I drank half of that loving bottle within the half-hour after the game ended, but I'd eaten so much food I didn't even feel it.

I will never loving buy anything Seahawks related with a "12" on it ever again, that number is cursed in my household.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Fair I guess, although the lady who gave it to me isn't a Pats fan and was just trying to be nice.

I'll probably keep it, it's pretty drat sweet that we made the Bowl in the first place and were so close to repeating. This era of Seattle football has been so much fun.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is there anything in sports more lame than "Conference Champions" merch? Even the players look embarrassed to be wearing those shirts after winning the game.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Benne posted:

Is there anything in sports more lame than "Conference Champions" merch? Even the players look embarrassed to be wearing those shirts after winning the game.

There's division champion gear.

Woof.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Benne posted:

It's like participation trophies for adults. Fans need the validation while they're showing off to everyone who doesn't give a gently caress about sportsball.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Krycek posted:

It's like participation trophies for adults.

Or confederate monuments

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Jared Goff loving sucks

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm surprised their isn't more of a cottage industry of making divisional and wild card championship shirts of your rivals.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

DariusLikewise posted:

Jared Goff loving sucks

It's his first year in the NFL, give him time. He has to recover from whatever crap Jeff Fisher tried to teach him was football.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

It's his first year in the NFL, give him time. He has to recover from whatever crap Jeff Fisher tried to teach him was football.

It's his second year.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Chichevache posted:

It's his second year.

What I said is correct.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jared Goff has a lot more problems than being stuck with Fisher for a year

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

Jared Goff has a lot more problems than being stuck with Fisher for a year

It's Jeff Fisher's fault he has no concept of the time it takes for his pass to reach his target. Fisher told him to aim at where his target is, not where it will be.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
What Fisher did was take a player who was an experienced, talented expert of a modern spread offense, and tried to force him into the mold of a 1970s era pocket QB in a single season. I'm not sure why this is so confusing? It'd be akin to taking someone who's played defense their whole career, or hell, something really weird like basketball, and expecting them to be a competent starting offensive linem....oh, nm, I see the issue.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Coldforge posted:

What Fisher did was take a player who was an experienced, talented expert of a modern spread offense, and tried to force him into the mold of a 1970s era pocket QB in a single season. I'm not sure why this is so confusing? It'd be akin to taking someone who's played defense their whole career, or hell, something really weird like basketball, and expecting them to be a competent starting offensive linem....oh, nm, I see the issue.

TFF is probably still in denial about Bradford and Cousins being good.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

warcrimes posted:

Yah I don't get it, Cousins especially because he has been more consistent. But Bradford actually played well last year behind one of the worst OLines in the league (due to injury).

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

MrSargent posted:

Yah I don't get it, Cousins especially because he has been more consistent. But Bradford actually played well last year behind one of the worst OLines in the league (due to injury).

Bradford was never bad. He was injury prone and on horribly coached teams.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

warcrimes posted:

Bradford is a top 10 QB and he could take the Texans or Broncos to the Super Bowl.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Chichevache posted:

Bradford is a top 10 QB and he could take the Texans or Broncos to the Super Bowl.

You don't need to be top 10 to take the broncos to the superbowl. See: Peyton, Brock

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Hey guys, buncha experts tell me that Reuben Foster's shoulder is totally damaged and he won't be able to play this year, maybe won't ever be the same.

https://twitter.com/RaidersAnalysis/status/902189829135384576

https://twitter.com/BaySean/status/901959953065193473

https://twitter.com/RaidersAnalysis/status/902188889493737473

Huh. Thanks Seahawks + 30 other teams!

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 28, 2017

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
This year will probably be the best offensive unit the Rams have put on the field since 2003. Sammy Watkins was the best move as they now have a legitimate number 1 wide receiver which makes everyone on the depth chart behind him look so much better. Tavon Austin, Pharoh Cooper, Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods sound a lot better when they are not the number one option in your offense. Andrew Whitworth is the best Left Tackle they've had since Orlando Pace's release. Todd Gurley can't be as bad as he was last season. The only issue they will have is depth as Jeff Fisher stacked the defense at the expense of completely depleting the offense.

All I'm saying is if Jared Goff can't toss at least 20 TDs this year with a 60% completion rate he loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

man what were the vikings expecting on that second play

• Locked thread