Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I hope they void it and trade Kyrie for Melo, god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That trade isn't gonna happen is it

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

GobiasIndustries posted:

That trade isn't gonna happen is it

It kind of has to, both teams would have terrible locker room situations if it didn't and the Cavs won't get anything even close to the Nets pick in another trade, let alone Crowder and IT

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spacebump posted:

"Nerlens Noel was offered and declined a four-year, $70 million contract by Mark Cuban and the Dallas Mavericks on July 1, former agent Happy Walters confirmed to SB Nation. The terms of the deal was first reported by ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.

“Mark and Rick [Carlisle] and Donnie [Nelson] definitely tried to make something work,” Walters told SB Nation. “They liked Nerlens and they made a really solid offer early in the process.”

Walters also tweeted the terms of the deal in response to ESPN’s Chris Haynes, who described it as “non-existent” in his report.

On Saturday, Noel signed a one-year, $4.1 million qualifying offer, a deal that will make him an unrestricted free agent in 2018. It comes four days after firing Walters and signing Rich Paul of Klutch Sports.

Paul did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Noel never revisited the initial four-year deal that was declined in early July, according to Cuban, which the Mavericks may have still honored if Noel had a change of heart.

'[It’s] hard to say,' Cuban told SB Nation. 'We never got there.'"

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/8/26/16209330/nerlens-noel-agent-happy-walters-mark-cuban-mavericks-free-agency

I just want my favorite team to have a long term defensive big man again. I'd even be happy with a player like prime Mavs Dampier. What nobody has realized yet is this is going to lead to the Mavs chasing Boogie next summer, failing, and missing out on Noel who signed with another team. Cuban should have let Dirk keep his larger deal this offseason.

You can do better than Noel and you probably want a center who can set screens with dsj

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

euphronius posted:

You can do better than Noel and you probably want a center who can set screens with dsj

Prime Mavs Damp set some good rear end screens.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spacebump posted:

Prime Mavs Damp set some good rear end screens.

If Dallas is committed to tanking one more year there are tons of bigs in this draft .

I don't know what you do with Noel. He likely to sulk and moan and come up with fake injuries now .

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

euphronius posted:

If Dallas is committed to tanking one more year there are tons of bigs in this draft .

I don't know what you do with Noel. He likely to sulk and moan and come up with fake injuries now .

But shouldn't he be motivated in contract year?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

This is targeted marketing aimed at my heart and I despise the specificity

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

EvanTH posted:

This is targeted marketing aimed at my heart and I despise the specificity

Your heart's dyin', EvanTH.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

euphronius posted:

Would they want to waste a year of aging Dirk?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

TV Zombie posted:

Would they want to waste a year of aging Dirk?

That's been basically every year since 2011

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lockback posted:

Fairly sure they were going to do the physical and review the medical records regardless of what Ainge said in a presser.

I think the larger point is that it's really, really stupid to basically say, in public, "Yeah, we knew we were trading damaged goods." Kills what's left, if anything, of your credibility, and it gives ammunition to the other party if they say they want to rescind the trade.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Timby posted:

I think the larger point is that it's really, really stupid to basically say, in public, "Yeah, we knew we were trading damaged goods." Kills what's left, if anything, of your credibility, and it gives ammunition to the other party if they say they want to rescind the trade.

What do you think credibility means

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Where do I buy a dozen of these?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

The Glumslinger posted:

Where do I buy a dozen of these?

Link to my Etsy will be going up shortly.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
Went to Big3 finale today, Clipper Darrell ran up and knocked my friends beer over. Owns.

https://twitter.com/ruiz1138/status/901624362637213696?s=09

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Brogeoisie posted:

Went to Big3 finale today, Clipper Darrell ran up and knocked my friends beer over. Owns.

My beer :smith:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Brogeoisie posted:

What was he upset at him about

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Dejan Bimble posted:

What was he upset at him about

that my row wasn't loud enough. we were screaming crazy Kwame brown fans so I think he was trying to motivate people thru us.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/DanWetzel/status/901655057728397312

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Time for Ainge to be altruistic and send Gordon Hayward to the Cavaliers.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

The Suns are going to be the best 24 win team of all time, actually

It's good how this statement is true each new season. The Bulls could be the best single-digit team of all-time as well.

R.D. Mangles posted:

THE MARKSMAN gonna lead the bulls to the promised land
https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status/901399542192537601

Looks like KD in the 2017 finals. :hfive:

tanglewood1420 posted:

Here is my three day late hot take on the Irving-IT trade:

Lots of the media types seem to be saying this is an opportunity for Kyrie to grow and show his true potential away from Lebron. But isn't it way more likely that playing alongside Lebron has actually made Kyrie look better than he really is?

In the 2016 finals probably. Overall, he's still young so it's hard to be sure. Kyrie may've seen his last finals if he's separated from LBJ.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Playing alongside LBJ cuts into vacation time a lot. No way Shump wants to be playing in June for four consecutive seasons.

Mr. Mambold posted:

I don't think Maravich ever played with quality like Dr. J. because he was a passing wizard as well as a gunner.

He played with Larry Bird, Adrian Dantley, Cedric Maxwell and Walt Bellamy at various points but never when they were at their best. Not quite at Dr. J levels.

The Glumslinger posted:

Because their knees were completely shot because ACL surgery didn't exist yet?

They were chucking even in good health. 1975 Pete Maravich did nearly 20 2PAs per game @ 41.9%. In the 3P era only early 2000s AI and 1995 Michael Jordan (still in baseball mode with overpowered arms) shot like that.

Niwrad posted:

Chet Walker and Norm Van Lier got snubbed. Or maybe they couldn't get their rights.

BJ is rated way too high.

I'd hesitate to stick NVL on there. Yea, "48 minutes of intensity" and tenacious D made him a fan favorite but he's also nearly the worst Bulls shooter.

Top/bottom 10 Bulls scorers:
code:
NP	Player
4020.4	Michael Jordan
1925.92	Artis Gilmore
1105.56	Scottie Pippen
1037.24	Chet Walker
869.68	Orlando Woolridge
752.08	Reggie Theus
738.96	Jimmy Butler
728.52	Horace Grant
714.68	Ben Gordon
619.68	Steve Kerr

-144.84	Guy Rodgers
-153.16	Jim Washington
-162.12	McCoy McLemore
-167.08	Erwin Mueller
-194.4	Barry Clemens
-219.8	Randy Brown
-229.04	Keith Erickson
-328.84	Norm Van Lier
-344.92	Bob Love
-488	Jerry Sloan
Chet Walker has a solid grip on the #4 spot and he played in a bad shooting era and didn't even have a long Bulls career.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Zogo posted:

1995 Michael Jordan (still in baseball mode with overpowered arms)

Thread title worthy. Holy poo poo I love you sometimes Zogo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/PeterVecsey1/status/901684759113465857

I too would be willing to offer trash for Kyrie Irving.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Saying ni hao to any random asian person I come across is like my favorite past time too

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Well I mean that's better than new Kings superstar Zach Randolphs fav saying,

NOT GUILTY YOUR HONOR

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Dude knows Sac sucks so bad he'd rather go to an LA county jail than come here

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

Saying ni hao to any random asian person I come across is like my favorite past time too

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/no_cut_card/status/901706010406080512

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I live my life by one simple rule: WWJRD

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
bad news my burgeoning nba career was cut off as I got too hyphy bumping tell me when to go and pulled something in my back. 1x1 old man ymca basketball games delayed for the near future. rest in power.
for everybody that had me in their draft predictions I apologize
time to withdraw into a bag of weed and launch a class action suit against e 40

p.s. ginobili is the greatest basketball player of all time an if you disagree then temecula. two years for what? thank you.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://twitter.com/BlakeMurphyODC/status/901798982678175746

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

To be fair, he's still 1 year away.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

They're getting the Brookyln pick already! Danny should tell them to shove their demand up their rear end, take it or leave it.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
So Brazilian Durant is a malcontent. I see.

Or maybe that's just his Pippen showing through.

E; either way, that behavior isn't very Canadian of him

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Charlz Guybon posted:

They're getting the Brookyln pick already! Danny should tell them to shove their demand up their rear end, take it or leave it.

lol the cavs bailing ainge out of his bad trade

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
So can the Celtics end this trade or do the Cavs have all the power?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Base Camp Blanket posted:

Your heart's dyin', EvanTH.

Lol

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Dangit Bruno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Bigass Moth posted:

So can the Celtics end this trade or do the Cavs have all the power?

Not sure why the Celtics would suddenly not want to do the trade, but usually how these work is contingent on medical information release (ie, they don't share that stuff unless the deal is already in place). Cavaliers have an abort option for some amount of time.

• Locked thread