Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Well, some .40 S&W shells were blocking the drain on the windshield cowl around my wiper motor, causing it to flood during last night's rain, causing failed wipers (because the control module is INSIDE the motor housing).

Cleared out the...blockage..., resoldered the joints on the motor control board, and schmeared everything up with half a cup of dielectric grease. Works again, for now.

I would have thought by now you had been intimate with every square inch of the bus how are you just finding this? Funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Oh, sorry. That's on my 2008 Crown Vic I bought at auction in March. :v:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

everdave posted:

Reddit.com/r/boxingstreams is an interesting forum I stumbled upon!
The only good thing Ive ever seen come from reddit is just googling "team name vs team name streaming reddit" and they're usually pretty good about finding links.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Oh, sorry. That's on my 2008 Crown Vic I bought at auction in March. :v:

Makes sense now!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Why is the reddit cars forum thing so bad? It's a running list of the worst memes and typical garbage and cliques and I can't figure out for the life of me why certain things are upvoted and others aren't.
I already know it in my heart the answer is because 'lol reddit' but still.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

/r/justrolledintotheshop is good for some :laffo: (once you learn to ignore the billions of photos of destroyed brake rotors)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

KakerMix posted:

Why is the reddit cars forum thing so bad? It's a running list of the worst memes and typical garbage and cliques and I can't figure out for the life of me why certain things are upvoted and others aren't.
I already know it in my heart the answer is because 'lol reddit' but still.

lol reddit is always the anwer.

And with this loving stupid fight, is it too much to ask that a giant meteor wipes out the ring instead?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This fight sucks so far.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

This fight sucks so far.

I'm so glad you're able to watch it!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

are the punchmans doing a hit? i hope they both do a lot of hits, really well

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't stand either of them so I hope Floyd knocks Connor out and it triggers a muscle spasm and he kicks Floyd's leg just right to shatter it.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I'm so glad the wife beating rear end in a top hat beat the racist rear end in a top hat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How many assholes we got in this fight anyways?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

Its assholes all the way down.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Rhyno posted:

YO!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I knew it, I'm surrounded by assholes!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

nm posted:

Its assholes all the way down.

:agreed:

Public service announcement: not all pieces of pork are the same. Really wanted some smoked pork so I grabbed a smaller bone in shoulder (8 pounds). Lately I've been smoking boneless shoulders usually 15 pounds at a time and getting done in 12 hours or so. Figured 9-10 would be plenty. Hit the stall hard and 12 1/2 hours later it finally got to temp.

Eating BBQ pork at 11:00 at night is every bit as delicious. I have no shame.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i'm glad the dumbass cocky mick got his rear end handed to him and i hope his penis feels much smaller because he lost to a person of color AND is the embarrassment of his nation

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Watching those "fights" tonight, I remember why I don't watch boxing, nowadays nobody ever gets actually knocked out. Stoppages and calling it a TKO is super lame, let them go until the 10 count.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

keykey posted:

Watching those "fights" tonight, I remember why I don't watch boxing, nowadays nobody ever gets actually knocked out. Stoppages and calling it a TKO is super lame, let them go until the 10 count.

yeah i wanna watch a man die on live tv

more blood for the blood god

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Why the gently caress is ram so expensive. I swear i didn't pay more than $80 for 8 gigs when i built this fuckin computer 6 years ago, and it's still up there.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Lack of production capacity, and that capacity is being torn in several different directions.

Fabs are loving expensive.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I just found out that one of my friends has become an "Ethical Vegan" because apparently farming animals has too much of an impact on the world.

I dont know how to break it to her the sheer amount of wasteful killing that goes on farming the poo poo vegans eat- soybeans, peas etc. Murder every bird that comes near em and leave em to rot on the ground. Not to mention the pesticides sprayed all over that poo poo, or the impact on 3rd world countries that the "Superfood" movement is causing- Quinoa is a great example.

I just dont know if i can be friends with a vegan?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i'm glad the dumbass cocky mick got his rear end handed to him and i hope his penis feels much smaller because he lost to a person of color AND is the embarrassment of his nation

Except it wasn't a landslide victory, you shouldn't use racial slurs, and they both left happy as gently caress because they had a good fight and made tons of money. Dumbass.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Wrar posted:

Lack of production capacity, and that capacity is being torn in several different directions.

Fabs are loving expensive.

As somebody who works in one (albeit research, not production) holy poo poo is this true. There's also a wafer supply bottleneck which keeps costs high, especially for smaller fabs.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fight was better than I expected, it was entertaining at least.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Gingerbread House Music posted:

Except it wasn't a landslide victory, you shouldn't use racial slurs, and they both left happy as gently caress because they had a good fight and made tons of money. Dumbass.

I haven't figured out whether he's really as daft as he comes across or if he's just trolling us again :haw:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

im so Irish my name is Tadhg, please don't tell me I can't call an Irishman a mick. Dumbass.

Also I was drunk last night so lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I was doing a little job on my brother's GTI (gently caress whoever designed the rear brake shield mounting on those things), and was taking his car back. It's peppy, and my 8 year old girl was with me. I was getting on it and she was saying how much she liked acceleration.

So, I grabbed dad's E90 M3 and took her for a ride. I don't know if I've ever heard her laugh like that before. :D

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

Well, some .40 S&W shells were blocking the drain on the windshield cowl around my wiper motor, causing it to flood during last night's rain, causing failed wipers (because the control module is INSIDE the motor housing).

Cleared out the...blockage..., resoldered the joints on the motor control board, and schmeared everything up with half a cup of dielectric grease. Works again, for now.

I wonder how they got there? Some kind of shooting over the car exercise?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Must be. I also found a bunch inside the car during my initial cleaning.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Must be. I also found a bunch inside the car during my initial cleaning.

Any strange brown patches on the interior?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

im so Irish my name is Tadhg, please don't tell me I can't call an Irishman a mick. Dumbass.

Also I was drunk last night so lol

And i'm "so irish" i have two super irish names. Doesn't make it ok.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Seminal Flu posted:

I was doing a little job on my brother's GTI (gently caress whoever designed the rear brake shield mounting on those things), and was taking his car back. It's peppy, and my 8 year old girl was with me. I was getting on it and she was saying how much she liked acceleration.

So, I grabbed dad's E90 M3 and took her for a ride. I don't know if I've ever heard her laugh like that before. :D

My five year old cackles whenever I even so much as goose the throttle in the C10. I'm sure she'd lose her mind if I ever borrowed my old man's C63.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

And i'm "so irish" i have two super irish names. Doesn't make it ok.

Actually, it does

Mick is not a slur

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

#JustCopCarThings

edit: so far I haven't found any casings or anything in mine. I guess they cleaned it up good, or it wasn't a beat car.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Actually, it does

Mick is not a slur

Wikipedia posted:

Mick
Mick is a derogatory term for a person of Irish descent.

Urban Dictionary posted:

Mick
Derogatory word for Irish people.

Dictionary.com posted:

noun, ( often lowercase) Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive.
a contemptuous term for a person of Irish birth or descent.

Thefreedictionary.com posted:

mick (mĭk)
n. Offensive Slang
Used as a disparaging term for a person of Irish birth or descent.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ok let me clarify so everyone understands my position:

The Irish are no longer reviled and have blended into "white society" to the point that you do not hear of anti Irish sentiment in the year of our lord 2017

They are no longer held down by socioeconomic setbacks by the white ruling class that hispanics and African Americans are, they are just normal white people. A slur is strong or hateful word against a person who is not a member of the cisgender heterosexual white community. Words against the LGBTQ community can also be called slurs.

All of my family refers to other Irish people as "micks", we all call each other dumbass micks, and the word has been reclaimed except for by Boston Irish people who still think they're persecuted or whatever, I don't know what it's like out there but I doubt they're persecuted

Anyways I made chicken noodle soup and after eating pho and ramen all the time it was a nice change of pace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Ok let me clarify so everyone understands my position:

The Irish are no longer reviled and have blended into "white society" to the point that you do not hear of anti Irish sentiment in the year of our lord 2017

They are no longer held down by socioeconomic setbacks by the white ruling class that hispanics and African Americans are, they are just normal white people. A slur is strong or hateful word against a person who is not a member of the cisgender heterosexual white community. Words against the LGBTQ community can also be called slurs.

All of my family refers to other Irish people as "micks", we all call each other dumbass micks, and the word has been reclaimed except for by Boston Irish people who still think they're persecuted or whatever, I don't know what it's like out there but I doubt they're persecuted

What the gently caress?!

"No guys it's cool, I've logic'd the term back into normal vernacular. It's not racist anymore! Porch Monkeys! I'm taking it back."

• Locked thread