Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Lowness 72 posted:

Guys. Neo Turf Masters. That's the right answer.

I already own a Switch. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Potsticker posted:

Sorry to hear that QuestLord wasn't for you. Now that I've played some of The Quest I can say that QuestLord is overall more simplistic and may be what someone is looking for who doesn't want to deal with all the item and stats that The Quest entails. QuestLord does seem to be more interesting in its dungeon design, but I haven't gotten too far into The Quest yet. The Quest is not nearly as bad as something as a Wizardry or Might & Magic in terms of dealing with stats, it's more like a lightweight Morrowind that controls like a turn-based Daggerfall.

For those interested, QuestLord 2 is under development:

https://twitter.com/LavaLevel/status/890702562076315649

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lowness 72 posted:

Guys. Neo Turf Masters. That's the right answer.

The best answer. I haven't looked back. gently caress I love that game.

Worthy follow-up: Desert Golf. :colbert:

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

It plays that well on a tablet/phone?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kunster posted:

It plays that well on a tablet/phone?

Neo Turf Masters? Playing it on an LGG4, and I'm lovin' every minute of it.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Alehkhs posted:

For those interested, QuestLord 2 is under development:

Glad to see that hasn't died yet. New news was getting pretty slim for a while there.

Roach
Nov 23, 2007
Can't touch this
Anyone playing Titanfall assault? Aka sort of Clash Royale with robots

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Roach posted:

Anyone playing Titanfall assault? Aka sort of Clash Royale with robots

I am enjoying it, but low level players are TERRIBLE. Once I start losing I'll probably get bored.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I have encountered loads of people dumping rank. There are a lot of cards that need direct counters, and you just don't have them early on. One guy put down a rocket turret near his base at the start, and that was that; never capped a point.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
So something I've discovered is that Android has a ton of idle/tapped games. I've been playing Star Tap, Idle Heroes, and Grow Castle. Any more stand out idlers?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Do we have anyone playing Deep Town? It's very much a clicker game but I've been playing it and there's guilds that do... something.

You start out on ground level and work your way down a mineshaft building mining platforms to get materials for crafting and occasionally floors will have a boss type thing you have to out dps to move forward.

It starts out with just coal and copper but eventually you get boatloads of different things from the mine that can craft. Things you dig up and craft can be sold for money or used as upgrade fodder. There's also quests that pop up sometimes like "farm x of y" or "get x mining platforms to level y".

Just wondering if we have anyone playing and a guild already or if I should make one because why not

Edit: here's an invite link. I get free stuff if you use it.

Join Deep Town crafters ranks, and we both get a free chest! https://zcb5x.app.goo.gl/?link=http...3uCX9JTkYssn1Xw

Len fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 20, 2017

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Mr Hootington posted:

So something I've discovered is that Android has a ton of idle/tapped games. I've been playing Star Tap, Idle Heroes, and Grow Castle. Any more stand out idlers?
Tap Titans 2 is a pretty polished game, decent pace of new content.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Len posted:

Join Deep Town crafters ranks, and we both get a free chest! https://zcb5x.app.goo.gl/?link=http...3uCX9JTkYssn1Xw

Letting you know I clicked your link in the incremental thread, though I don't think I got a chest, so I don't know if it worked? :iiam:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kyrosiris posted:

Letting you know I clicked your link in the incremental thread, though I don't think I got a chest, so I don't know if it worked? :iiam:

I've gotten a few chests but it isn't saying from who. I did make a guild though. I can't figure out how inviting people works so I just swapped it to open and the name is "Mine Cart Carnage"

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Coldbird posted:

Tap Titans 2 is a pretty polished game, decent pace of new content.

Is there a goon clan?

EDIT: found it and took the last spot

fyallm fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 21, 2017

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Eagle: Fantasy Golf if you want a Hot Shots-like anime golf game. Very similar to Pangya.

Warning, its very anime. :japan:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Eagle: Fantasy Golf if you want a Hot Shots-like anime golf game. Very similar to Pangya.

Warning, its very anime. :japan:

I've been playing this for a couple days and I like it so far. And indeed it is very anime, but it's not ruining my enjoyment of it. It does have a stamina system though, hasn't been a problem for me yet but I have a feeling that it will get annoying as I progress further.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Taito have a new premium Puzzle Bobble/Bust A Move game out, which is apparently a rerelease of a now delisted F2P game. There's two versions for different regions, check out the one that works for you:

Bust A Move Journey
Puzzle Bobble Journey

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Eagle: Fantasy Golf if you want a Hot Shots-like anime golf game.

No, I don't. I want an actual Hot Shots Golf game. Still ready to commit all kinds of crimes to get this released worldwide, Sony. Ball's in your court. :colbert:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

mrkillboy posted:

Taito have a new premium Puzzle Bobble/Bust A Move game out, which is apparently a rerelease of a now delisted F2P game. There's two versions for different regions, check out the one that works for you:

Bust A Move Journey
Puzzle Bobble Journey

Are these any good? I loving love Bust a Move

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...

mrkillboy posted:

Bust A Move Journey
Puzzle Bobble Journey

Wow, I was just asking for a non-IAP bubble popping (almost wrote bubble pooping) game... a little steep at $4.99, so I'm probably going to wait to see if it goes on sale at some point, but thanks for the heads-up!

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I have encountered loads of people dumping rank. There are a lot of cards that need direct counters, and you just don't have them early on. One guy put down a rocket turret near his base at the start, and that was that; never capped a point.
I haven't run i to either of these that often. I don't see many purposeful losses, and once I got over 400-500 people mainly stomp me.

Rocket turret is reward for 4th daily login btw, so it's not exactly unattainable, and and arc missle ruins them.

My biggest complaint is that you get zilch for losses, and credit gains cap at 200 or 300 a day (although you can still gain them from crates).

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 22, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Man, I wish DeNA would be more forthcoming with Animal Crossing details. So far, the latest is that around 100 of their employees are dedicated to developing Nintendo titles.

Let me give you money, you guys :negative: Please be good, please be good, please be good. I'd hate for it to be like what Super Mario Run is to an actual Super Mario game. I'm sure they'll have cut corners, and there'll likely be house upgrades that cost real money, that's totally expected. Just don't make it suck :ohdear:

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Man, I wish DeNA would be more forthcoming with Animal Crossing details. So far, the latest is that around 100 of their employees are dedicated to developing Nintendo titles.

Let me give you money, you guys :negative: Please be good, please be good, please be good. I'd hate for it to be like what Super Mario Run is to an actual Super Mario game. I'm sure they'll have cut corners, and there'll likely be house upgrades that cost real money, that's totally expected. Just don't make it suck :ohdear:

Tom Nook sends you 30 notifications a day while you sleep demanding you to purchase a one-time $1,000 IAP to extend the left wing of your home.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Montalvo posted:

Tom Nook sends you 30 notifications a day while you sleep demanding you to purchase a one-time $1,000 IAP to extend the left wing of your home.

What actually would happen is that you'd have to pay a six part installment plan on the IAP, including working at his shop for pennies on the dollar until it was paid off.

Then he'd use your account to buy the next IAP for you automatically. As a favor.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the expansion for the right wing of your house is paid for though, because they hired koichi sugiyama to compose the music

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Mary Annette posted:

No, I don't. I want an actual Hot Shots Golf game. Still ready to commit all kinds of crimes to get this released worldwide, Sony. Ball's in your court. :colbert:

:monocle:

I had no idea this was a thing!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I liked Super Mario Run as a game that fits well on mobile, as a regular Mario game (or really, any platformer) is terrible on a touch screen.

That said, the IAPs loving suck.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Death Point is a new top down stealth game I saw getting some praise over at TouchArcade. I'm pretty crappy at stealth games so it wasn't for me but it does look pretty slick (aside from some iffy voice acting).

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Can someone link me the Crusaders of light thread?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

Can someone link me the Crusaders of light thread?
Get In. I need more TSWL friends to rage at pubbies with.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Can someone recommend a few games to play on transatlantic flights aka no Internet needed. I can't find a good one. Money isn't an issue, I got something like $22 in my Google Wallet from surveys.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

96 spacejam posted:

Can someone recommend a few games to play on transatlantic flights aka no Internet needed. I can't find a good one. Money isn't an issue, I got something like $22 in my Google Wallet from surveys.

Any final fantasies you haven't played yet?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

You Must Build a Boat doesn't require Internet last I checked and is addictive af.

King of Dragon Pass if you want a hefty CYOA? Not sure about internet, as it's not compatible with my current phone (Huawei P9)

Artelier fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 27, 2017

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Artelier posted:

You Must Build a Boat doesn't require Internet last I checked and is addictive af.

King of Dragon Pass if you want a hefty CYOA? Not sure about internet, as it's not compatible with my current phone (Huawei P9)

Seconding KoDP. It's not so much a cyoa as it is a civilization building game (resource management, diplomacy, trade, exploration, war) with a heavy focus on building a narrative. It is dope af and never leaves my phone.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

My wife is some sort of weird Wheel of Fortune/Hangman prodigy, any recommendations for good versions of that game?

I'm assuming the official WoF game is riddled with iap and ads. Confirm/deny?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Seconding KoDP. It's not so much a cyoa as it is a civilization building game (resource management, diplomacy, trade, exploration, war) with a heavy focus on building a narrative. It is dope af and never leaves my phone.

I play it like a CYOA. :colbert:

But yes, you're right, King of Dragon Pass is a civilization building game (specifically, ancienty mythical tribe management) with a lot of story choices that affect how your civilization ends up. For instance you'll use a turn to start trade with a neighbouring tribe, and then the game will present to you a small story scenario and you'll be prompted to make a choice as tribe leader. The decision can affect your stats, your standing with other tribes, and may or may not trigger future story events.

A proper CYOA is 80 Days, which is also great.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

96 spacejam posted:

Not sure what games you know/like; some of my recommendations here will have been mentioned a million times before in this thread.

If your screen is big enough, I'd heartily recommend SpaceChem.
Bunch of good board game apps out there. Galaxy Trucker is a weird board/video game hybrid and my favourite board game ever. Patchwork recently got a really strong AI. Paperback is fun if you like Scrabble at all.
Crowntakers is a rogue-like-ish game that's probably worth playing through at least once. And speaking of Rogue-likes, there are a few different variants of Pixel Dungeon; Shattered and Sprouted being the most popular. Hoplite is also kind of a very light one, more of a puzzle really.
Westport Independent is... kind of a puzzle-y CYOA, I'd say it has similar mechanics to KODP, but it's mechanically much lighter.
Solitairica is Solitaire with light "RPG" elements on top and it's great.
Dungeon Defenders is seen as one of the best Tower Defense games out there.
Rayman Jungle Run/Fiesta Run are great auto-run platformers.
Puzzle Realms is a nifty little puzzler where you have to move blocks using special rules to fill up the whole grid.
Trainyard is another good puzzler, where you have to get right coloured trains to their respective goals, in order, and it gets complex when you have to start mixing colours.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Artelier posted:

But yes, you're right, King of Dragon Pass is a civilization building game (specifically, ancienty mythical tribe management) with a lot of story choices that affect how your civilization ends up. For instance you'll use a turn to start trade with a neighbouring tribe, and then the game will present to you a small story scenario and you'll be prompted to make a choice as tribe leader. The decision can affect your stats, your standing with other tribes, and may or may not trigger future story events.

I think probably my favorite feature of the game is your Ring, which is your tribal council. It's 6 (7?) Nobles in your tribe that sit and offer advice on every single decision that can be made. They all have their own areas of expertise (don't ask the general stuff about your crops, talk to your head grower), personalities (some are aggresive, sexist, selfish, honest, etc), and gods they are devoted to.

As far as setting, it isn't like "ooga booga firestick loud" tribal. Think more the setting from Conan the Barbarian, and you're in a frontier area with a bunch of other tribes.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Artelier posted:

Also Banner Saga is similar to kodp despite it having strategy combat and stuff.

Sorcery! 1-3 are also good.