Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

:eyepop: Savage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

vOv posted:

TBH I do wish Koji would stop doing the 'this doll was made by a creepy stalker' jokes like on Moenbryda and Khloe (and I think Yugiri? It's been a while).

Have you seen the Nendo market? The market where dolls that are made are decided by the perceived market demand they'd garner?

It's either creepy stalker commentary or scathing commentary on the figurine market and I for one, have decided it's the latter.

Anzen
Oct 21, 2010

WrightOfWay posted:

How many of the jokes in stuff like minion descriptions and FATE descriptions are also in the Japanese version and how many are Koji Fox inventions?

The Lyse one at least has a similar joke in Japanese. It says something like "The beautiful dress Tataru faithfully replicated is so lovely, it looks like a dancer's. But it's not for a dancer. Definitely not."

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

vOv posted:

TBH I do wish Koji would stop doing the 'this doll was made by a creepy stalker' jokes like on Moenbryda and Khloe (and I think Yugiri? It's been a while).

The "creepy stalker" joke on Dress Up Y'Shtola was good, though.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

what the gently caress yoship let me OUT

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

Fister Roboto posted:

The answer is in the beginning of the game! :eng101:

Also, I have 372/99HQ Silver Ore, how should I price these for maximum Market Board price profit?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Rastan Beeza posted:

Also, I have 372/99HQ Silver Ore, how should I price these for maximum Market Board price profit?

Just post it competitive / around what the current minimum is, provided that isn't absurdly low. Check the History button at the Market Board to get an idea of the average selling price. Full stacks are fine.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

EponymousMrYar posted:

It's either creepy stalker commentary or scathing commentary on the figurine market and I for one, have decided it's the latter.
supply and demand is hosed up yes

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Heck, you might be able to sidestep board fees entirely, sell it to a craftergoon. Silver ore is always in demand because it is used to make GSM glamour prisms, and to a lesser extent, compunding Durium in SB crafting.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rastan Beeza posted:

Take the lowest price and slash it by 85% cause after all, you gathered the mats yourself so they were free.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Rastan Beeza posted:

The answer is in the beginning of the game! :eng101:

prices drop on the weekend so wait till wednesday to unload

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

I actually don't know what the answer would be for this one. For mine (BAHAMUT) I just kept looking at it until it fell into place.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I figured out what it wanted me to do pretty much as soon as I saw that it wanted a 7-letter word. Were people seriously just doing anagrams with their letters rather than solving the puzzle the intended way?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

I figured out what it wanted me to do pretty much as soon as I saw that it wanted a 7-letter word. Were people seriously just doing anagrams with their letters rather than solving the puzzle the intended way?

... wait, are the letters in the solution in the same spot as the numbers on the first floor? Goddammit.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

What did you think the first floor was about, otherwise

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

homeless snail posted:

Look.

Shut up.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Yeah I didn't pay attention at all to what the numbers/letters meant. When it was time to input a password, if you look at the letters you collect, some of them leave behind the allagan node and some don't. The ones that leave behind a node are the letters to your password, so you can anagram it out from those a little easier.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I just wiggled back and forth on the floor 1 to 2 stairs to get the answer. :shrug:

That particular anagram looks like it might be "crystal".

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Pretty sure that one is "Crystal", yeah.

I went around to old alts on other servers just to see what the variants were, got Fantasy once, Crystal three times, and Chocobo once(Which I really didn't need the numbers for. That many O's was a dead giveaway.)

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Has any of you moved the installation folder for the game (steam version)?

I have it installed on my regular drive and want to move it to my SSD, but Steam doesn't have the 'move' option; do I just move the folder manually and then 'reinstall' to the new location? Won't that gently caress with settings and stuff? I really don't want to have to redo my hotbars. :<

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

homeless snail posted:

Just when that was starting to dawn on me, the solution jumped out at me from the jumble of letters so i didn't have to actually look. Mine was FANTASY

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

vOv posted:

... wait, are the letters in the solution in the same spot as the numbers on the first floor? Goddammit.

Well, that certainly makes me feel a lot more clever for figuring it out in under a minute. Thanks!

Robot Dog
Oct 2, 2013

Edmond Dantes posted:

Has any of you moved the installation folder for the game (steam version)?

I have it installed on my regular drive and want to move it to my SSD, but Steam doesn't have the 'move' option; do I just move the folder manually and then 'reinstall' to the new location? Won't that gently caress with settings and stuff? I really don't want to have to redo my hotbars. :<

Copying should work fine. If you run the launcher and click Config, there's a Backup Tool you can use to save your settings, if you're worried about that.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Wow, mine was just like
C H O Z Z X Y
C O B O Y Z V

so I figured they were all just impossibly simple.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Robot Dog posted:

Copying should work fine. If you run the launcher and click Config, there's a Backup Tool you can use to save your settings, if you're worried about that.

Ah, cheers. I'll try that.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Ah, cheers. I'll try that.

There's a thing you need to do unless you want to be forced to reinstall though. You'll want to create a SteamLibrary folder on the drive you want to move the game onto, move the appmanifest file for FFXIV there, then start installing it. After you start the install -then- stop it and overwrite it with the old install. If you try to move the old install first Steam will think it's wrong and delete most of it forcing a full reinstall.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I think Yadovv is going blind.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

supply and demand is hosed up yes

smash capitalism imo

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
News: Hit 50 on MCH.

Views: I'm lucky if I can keep up with the tank's DPS in dungeons, but at least I get to look cool doing it. Especially with the Allagan Deagle that Twintania spat up a few days ago.

PEW PEW

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART

Also, I'm leveling BTN through the mid-50s right now. Are ephemeral nodes just the same basic thing as unspoiled nodes, as in they only spawn once or twice per Eorzean day?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Also, I'm leveling BTN through the mid-50s right now. Are ephemeral nodes just the same basic thing as unspoiled nodes, as in they only spawn once or twice per Eorzean day?

I think they just have different things in them. I remember hitting the same ephemeral node multiple times within an hour while mining... something or other.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Ephemeral Nodes are basically slight variations on Unspoiled. They do have a limited time per Eorzean day where they're up, but during that time they respawn like regular nodes do, so if you hit a few other nodes in the area they'll be back again so long as the window is still open.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

https://twitter.com/choco_c14/status/901481894298112000

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Eopia posted:

There's a thing you need to do unless you want to be forced to reinstall though. You'll want to create a SteamLibrary folder on the drive you want to move the game onto, move the appmanifest file for FFXIV there, then start installing it. After you start the install -then- stop it and overwrite it with the old install. If you try to move the old install first Steam will think it's wrong and delete most of it forcing a full reinstall.

Yeah, I didn't see this and tried to move/install and it ended up downloading most of it again. I was mostly concerned about losing my configs, so it's not really a big deal. Thanks for the warning!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

News: Hit 50 on MCH.

Views: I'm lucky if I can keep up with the tank's DPS in dungeons, but at least I get to look cool doing it. Especially with the Allagan Deagle that Twintania spat up a few days ago.

PEW PEW

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART

This look is pretty popular, I'll have to steal it soon.

Ephemeral nodes have a window of about 4 game hours per day where they respawn normally after you go bonk some of the nearby regular nodes. Sometimes you can get items from them that you can use directly, but the primary reason for them is to get things you can reduce to aethersand (or lots of crystal clusters) using the gathering collectables skills. A number of HW and SB crafting recipes require assorted types of aethersand so if you see people descend on an ephemeral node as soon as it appears, that's probably what they are up to.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The pants need a waistline that doesn't cut off abrubtly

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
wiped at pug catastrophe savage to enrage at 1 percent because a dps hosed up one of the gimme antilights, so loving annoyed

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
I'll say this much: Cheap Dungeon was a good and cute reminder that yes, Kazuya Niinou is at Square now and working on FFXIV at the moment, and oh my god I'd be over the moon if they let him loose on an Etrian-esque dungeon crawler with SE resources backing him up.

EDIT:

IM ACTUALLY FUCKIN TRIGGERED

AAAAAAA

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 27, 2017

slev
Apr 6, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

wiped at pug catastrophe savage to enrage at 1 percent because a dps hosed up one of the gimme antilights, so loving annoyed

If you are hitting enrage it is probably because of more than one dps loving up in the fight

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Your raid DPS is low; you should be fine with a death or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i know, it was just the most easily visible problem because we had a dps dead for the last four percent of the boss or so.