Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

WiiFitForWindows8 posted:

What was SA's thoughts on Invisible Sun?

That it's "I Read Gaiman For The First Time: the RPG".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

This cool table project is up for those who always wanted a secret nerd table, but lack the power tools and carpentry skills to DIY

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

WiiFitForWindows8 posted:

What was SA's thoughts on Invisible Sun?

We ran a contest where everyone wrote RPGs named after The Police song titles.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

DalaranJ posted:

We ran a contest where everyone wrote RPGs named after The Police song titles.

"Wrapped Around Monte Cook's Plastic Finger"

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Tim Fowers has a new kickstarter up: Now Boarding

I enjoyed Fugitive enough that I feel pretty much obligated to back this.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Atomicated posted:

Now Boarding is great. I demo'd it at Gen Con and had a great time. Very easy to learn but intricate enough that there's some variation every time.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Happy FarWestiversary, everybody! :toot:

e: funded six years ago today, if anyone's wondering.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 25, 2017

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Evil Mastermind posted:

Even the mockers have moved on.

- The web pages tracking the blown deadlines have either shut down or stopped updating.
- RPGnet stopped talking about it years ago.
- The discussion thread on RPG Geek was closed a couple of months ago (edged too close to doxxing) with no replacement
- Grognards.txt threads have all slid into the misty watercolored memories of SA

I imagine even the people who paid into it six years ago have long since given up and moved on with their lives

What a fiasco.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

FMguru posted:

I imagine even the people who paid into it six years ago have long since given up and moved on with their lives

What a fiasco.

Well the creator certainly has.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Evil Mastermind posted:

Literally one day after my younger son was born.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man in the moon
When you comin' home dad I don't know when
But we'll play Far West together then, son
You know we'll have a good time then

(I mean no offense to your relationship with your child)

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

FMguru posted:

- The web pages tracking the blown deadlines have either shut down or stopped updating.

Garethman stopped giving out deadlines, so there really hasn't been much to do on that front.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

inklesspen posted:

Garethman stopped giving out deadlines, so there really hasn't been much to do on that front.

That was the only part that was actually funny, anyway. Being six years late is late, but it's only like one order of magnitude beyond the standard in this industry. Far West only managed to become infamous because GMS kept confidently naming deadlines one after the other and then breezing past them (and occasionally suing random fields in Iceland).

Now that he figured out that he should quit doing that there's no joke.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Atomicated posted:

Ooh that looks fun...

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Man. The Golden Sky Stories Kickstarter took a lot longer to finish up that I'd have liked, but it did happen, and that was my first ever crowdfunded project.

Also, Far West gave me a go-to example of why not to use altered photographs as game "art":

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

My crude Photoshop collage here has satisfied more customers than the crude Photoshops it mocks.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Ewen Cluney posted:

Man. The Golden Sky Stories Kickstarter took a lot longer to finish up that I'd have liked, but it did happen, and that was my first ever crowdfunded project.

Did Mononoke Koyake ever get released? I remember getting a pre-release PDF, which I suppose technically completes that stretch goal, but I don't see it on dtrpg anywhere.

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!

inklesspen posted:

Did Mononoke Koyake ever get released? I remember getting a pre-release PDF, which I suppose technically completes that stretch goal, but I don't see it on dtrpg anywhere.
It did go out to backers (if you're a backer and you didn't get it check your KS updates or message me), and we're actually pretty close to being ready to launch a KS for the full-on release with a printed book and whatnot.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ewen Cluney posted:

It did go out to backers (if you're a backer and you didn't get it check your KS updates or message me), and we're actually pretty close to being ready to launch a KS for the full-on release with a printed book and whatnot.

A KS for a print run you say. Well, despite my general distaste for physical media you'll get my money again.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

This cool table project is up for those who always wanted a secret nerd table, but lack the power tools and carpentry skills to DIY

Thanks for the link. I really like these tables. I do wish they had some more felt color options though.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Thanks for the link. I really like these tables. I do wish they had some more felt color options though.

It's apparently not felt, it's some kind of mousepad material, a thicker rubber. They are still working on the exact material I guess, because their demos with neoprene had some shrinkage pulling away from the corners.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I just received word that Hurricane Harvey has delayed the shipping of Dark is the Night. So expect a waterlogged game if it does arrive.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I just received word that Hurricane Harvey has delayed the shipping of Dark is the Night. So expect a waterlogged game if it does arrive.
Yeah, I just saw. That suuuuuucks (if any damage occurs). Thankfully, it's a cheaper KS campaign item compared to some $100+ miniature monstrosity. Imagine the craziness if CMON's giant games were ever destroyed in a warehouse right before shipping to thousands of people.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Apparently they might be ok for now, but they can't get to the warehouse.

APE posted:

The APE Games warehouse is in Houston, TX which is affected by Hurricane Harvey. Our people are all safe, but water levels have prevented us from getting to the warehouse. The Dark is the Night and Major General games were elevated last week but it's unknown how soon we'll be able to get back into the warehouse to resume shipping. And even when we're able to get into the warehouse, USPS isn't operating right now.

We apologize for the delay, and thank you in advance for your patience.

Kevin

EDIT: obviously there are a million far more important things for them to deal with first. When I lived in Louisiana, I went through both Katrina and Gustav, and they took a long time for things to even vaguely return to normal. Hell, even the Baton Rouge floods last year hosed things up to where people are still dealing with poo poo. My heart absolutely goes out to them and their families.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 28, 2017

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

JazzFlight posted:

Yeah, I just saw. That suuuuuucks (if any damage occurs). Thankfully, it's a cheaper KS campaign item compared to some $100+ miniature monstrosity. Imagine the craziness if CMON's giant games were ever destroyed in a warehouse right before shipping to thousands of people.

This literally happened to the European shipment of Lisboa.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Ooh that looks fun...

Honestly, it was a blast to demo at Gen Con.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Mint Delivery is the next game from the creator of Mint Works, a game I talked about before. Mint Works is a fun, compact, and inexpensive game and Mint Delivery appears to be on the same level. Where you were producing the mints last time, this time you are trying to become driver of the month by delivering more mints than your opponents.

You can grab a copy for $10, or $20 gets you both games.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Mint Delivery is the next game from the creator of Mint Works, a game I talked about before. Mint Works is a fun, compact, and inexpensive game and Mint Delivery appears to be on the same level. Where you were producing the mints last time, this time you are trying to become driver of the month by delivering more mints than your opponents.

You can grab a copy for $10, or $20 gets you both games.

Mint Works was a fantastic little game and I'm eager to get the follow-up.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Yeah, given how good Mint Works was and the low low price, I'll pick that up.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I stumbled over this after backing Mint Delivery. Total Recall: the Board Game

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Bieeardo posted:

I stumbled over this after backing Mint Delivery. Total Recall: the Board Game

That kinda looks like The Resistance with the serial numbers filed off.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Peas and Rice posted:

That kinda looks like The Resistance with the serial numbers filed off.

Looks more like Leaders of Euphoria, actually.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Jedit posted:

Looks more like Leaders of Euphoria, actually.
Looks more like Good Cop, Bad Cop, actually.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Ca$h 'n Re$i$tance is a cool idea.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Cassa posted:

Ca$h 'n Re$i$tance is a cool idea.
Having played both Leaders of Euphoria and Good Cop, Bad Cop, I think it's a cool idea but I don't think the execution is all there.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Shipwreck Arcana is in its final 48 hours, and looks like a nice cheap fun game. P&P is available on their campaign page so you can totally try it out first.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I have no idea if Arranged! -- The Arranged Marriage Board Game is any good or not, but if you feel like slinging some money at a good cause, encouraging a WoC creator, and getting a board game in return... there it is.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I hadn't seen this mentioned but apparently Pinnacle is going to revive Doomtown via Kickstarter starting on the 5th. Sounds like they're revamping the game a bit;

Doomtown: Reloaded is a poker-driven territory control card game, based on the 1998 Origins Awards Best Trading Card Game, Deadlands: Doomtown!

Now you can harness the power of Ezekiah Grimme (Famine), Raven (War), Darius Hellstromme (Pestilence), or Jasper Stone (Death). Beware though, such power always comes at a cost as Legends trade starting wealth in exchange power. You now have the option to attach a Servitor to your Outfit’s home in order to enable far-reaching strategies.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Hope they patch that one rule where Jasper Stone always wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I hadn't seen this mentioned but apparently Pinnacle is going to revive Doomtown via Kickstarter starting on the 5th. Sounds like they're revamping the game a bit;

Doomtown: Reloaded is a poker-driven territory control card game, based on the 1998 Origins Awards Best Trading Card Game, Deadlands: Doomtown!

Now you can harness the power of Ezekiah Grimme (Famine), Raven (War), Darius Hellstromme (Pestilence), or Jasper Stone (Death). Beware though, such power always comes at a cost as Legends trade starting wealth in exchange power. You now have the option to attach a Servitor to your Outfit’s home in order to enable far-reaching strategies.
Where's your source for this? Huge Doomtown fan.