Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/901851811090382848
https://twitter.com/AlexCKaufman/status/901830802715136006
https://twitter.com/Mikel_Jollett/status/901883917950631936

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Is that the park that was filled up with dog poo poo prior to the arrival of the nazi's?

Because, uh, they might not be there for a reason if so.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Make Nazis Afraid Again.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Facists are crying on Twitter about how the cops didn't do enough to protect them.

Sucks when the police state isn't on your side doesn't it

So for once the police doing good things for once?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Was the golden age when there were lots of effort posts and photo shops and things were just generally interesting?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Archonex posted:

Is that the park that was filled up with dog poo poo prior to the arrival of the nazi's?

Because, uh, they might not be there for a reason if so.

That was the cancelled San Fransisco rally

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

DreamShipWrecked posted:

That was the cancelled San Fransisco rally

Ah, my bad.

Still would have been funny if it turned out that the police didn't show up to mess things up due to a fear of ruining their shoes.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Beachcomber posted:

Was the golden age when there were lots of effort posts and photo shops and things were just generally interesting?

And when people got banned for replying to posts with just image macros, yeah

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
:stare:
https://twitter.com/PaulFox13/status/901877188525510657

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

PhazonLink posted:

So for once the police doing good things for once?

Charlottesville experienced a terrorist attack and several people were nearly murdered prior to that, largely thanks to police inaction - or quite possibly endorsement. Antifa on the scene are likely the only reason the body count wasn't higher. Even putting aside the extremely obvious crisis that is at hand with white power groups infiltrating police across the nation, the state is still far more likely to refrain from action from Nazis and other flavors of extreme right when the choice is that and anything vaguely left-wing.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

There was a solid half a decade where it was somehow perfectly fine and acceptable to post "i'm gay" as the only post in literally every GBS thread, because somebody decided that old GBS had too much moderation, and it has been a cesspool ever since.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/901937025112317952

Trump demands two scoops of tariffs. A very interesting near transcript of an oval office conversation.
Read to the end to find out whi Trump thinks is at fault.

Full respect to both the civilians diving into Houston floodwaters to save people and the actor who ran the improtu shelter in Rockport.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Axios posted:

"China is laughing at us," Trump added. "Laughing."

Kelly responded: "Yes sir, I understand, you want tariffs."
[...]

He turned to Kelly: "So, John, I want you to know, this is my view. I want tariffs. And I want someone to bring me some tariffs."

Kelly replied: "Yes sir, understood sir, I have it."
[...]

Trump made sure the meeting ended with no confusion as to what he wanted.

"John, let me tell you why they didn't bring me any tariffs," he said. "I know there are some people in the room right now that are upset. I know there are some globalists in the room right now. And they don't want them, John, they don't want the tariffs. But I'm telling you, I want tariffs."

Kelly broke up the meeting and said the group would work things out and reconvene at the appropriate time.
-_-

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/901942677461229569

Thanks!

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I think today's cops are jealous of the cops from the 60s who got to beat up "long haired hippies" and now they finally got their chance.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

"Good job losing your homes! Real inspiring!"

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Discendo Vox, your Hurricane Safety post has been added to the top of the OP. Thank you so much.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Good luck getting the FCC to do anything; Ajit Pai is a giant tool/rear end in a top hat and going to allow the wireless providers to do whatever they want.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

good. how long till they march on the white house and do it to everyone inside?

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

What is the 'Thanks!' for? Like, even in Trump's mind, what is the reason for that?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AnaCabrera/status/901932653472923648

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, that was me. And don't worry, Hampton Roads is safe so long as Pat Robertson is alive to pray the storms away! :rolleyes:

What I'm getting from this is that the only time we should be worried is Fleet Week, when the sheer magnitude of gay sex has a possibility of overwhelming the Robertson Shield.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Bicyclops posted:

There was a solid half a decade where it was somehow perfectly fine and acceptable to post "i'm gay" as the only post in literally every GBS thread, because somebody decided that old GBS had too much moderation, and it has been a cesspool ever since.

Yeah, people pining for the good ol' days need to realize that people were whining about over moderation in GBS as far back as the early-mid 2000s. People unironically hated that they could get in trouble for posting overtly racist poo poo, for gently caress's sake. The time a lot of people here seem to remember when GBS had a lot of effortposts and actual content was kind of a weird middle ground that didn't exist for very long, and the truth is that the current cesspool really does resemble the very early forums more than anything.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

SourKraut posted:

Good luck getting the FCC to do anything; Ajit Pai is a giant tool/rear end in a top hat and going to allow the wireless providers to do whatever they want.

Cannot emphasize how far the arms of telecoms are jammed up this guy's rear end. He can bite their nails.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Pollyanna posted:

"Good job losing your homes! Real inspiring!"

"Don't forget, I *love* cheap land, so if your home washes away, I'd love to buy it for half a penny on the dollar! #MAGA!"

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

He seems to be categorically unable to put in a "but" or otherwise indicate that he is not cheering for the rainstorm.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Not a Children posted:

Cannot emphasize how far the arms of telecoms are jammed up this guy's rear end. He can bite their nails.

If the Telecoms are a ventriloquist, he's the puppet.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"Don't forget, I *love* cheap land, so if your home washes away, I'd love to buy it for half a penny on the dollar! #MAGA!"

https://twitter.com/BruceBartlett/status/901945576270565376

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

does he know that floods are a bad thing?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

WeAreTheRomans posted:

does he know that floods are a bad thing?

https://twitter.com/TheViewFromLL2/status/901945511837659136

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

good. how long till they march on the white house and do it to everyone inside?

Looks like the alt righter got saved by the black guy in the end.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Beachcomber posted:

Yeah, that would be it. But in order to have lots of effortposts you have to have lots of effortposters, and efforposters go to all the trouble of making an effortpost largely for the experience of sharing themselves with the community. If effortposts are met with nothing but insults and are seen as reason to dogpile or harass someone, then the effortposters will gently caress off and go somewhere else. When the effortposters leave nothing but shitposters will remain, and the single biggest problem with GBS right now is that it is full of goons that think that shitposting is the absolute height of culture.

Its one of the reasons D&D has remained relatively stable- for all its faults (and I could make decent effortpost about those) D&D is full of effortposters who give a drat about quality. Even our bitter/stupid/fruitless arguments and shouting matches look like Hemmingway compared to GBS right now. Honestly I don't think the D&D mod crew get enough thanks/credit for maintaining this subforum against what I can only imagine is a colossal amount of bullshit.

So FWIW worth D&D mods, thank you.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 28, 2017

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Entirely plausible, given the way his info is filtered now, that he actually thinks his guys are rolling in and saving everyone and building barricades while the A-team theme plays and this is all going to turn out looking great for him.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

gently caress

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Ah. The Crassus technique.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

I'm noticing a lot of people of all races helping people regardless of their race which is a big improvement over Hurricane Katrina's "Turner Diaries meets The Most Dangerous Game".

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Deptfordx posted:

Ah. The Crassus technique.

Crassus didn't become Caesar, though - he was content simply with being rich as gently caress and *letting* Caesars make him richer. Also, Crassus was savvy and successful - the only reason Trump didn't die Elvis-style in the 90s on his golden shitter the day before the IRS repo'ed everything he owned is that he'd conned richer and more powerful people into investing in him and his failure would humiliate them, so they propped him up.

Also the rumors about sex/human trafficking through 'model' agencies as well, etc, etc, etc.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 28, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Funny how that is, huh? They LOVE the police when they're shooting black people, but, when they aren't helping them, "BLUE LIVES DON'T MATTER." Their hypocrisy is so blatant its hilarious. My only hope is that this:

https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/901910682030882816

is all the alt-right gets to see every day they try to go out.

gently caress, I mean it's even better now, sadly. Like, I really don't want to say this because it kind of makes me sick and I'm steeping on egg shells and its loving sad it needed to happen, but Charloettesville finally dropped the illusion for most centrists and now they see that those who claim to be "alt-right" or "pro-confederate" or "First amendment advocates" are Nazis. So, even those fuckers are finally seeing the hate they deserve. Like in Boston when those "free speech advocates" were surrounded by an army of people until the "free speech advocates" hid their swatiskas and ran away leaving sets of piss trails.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Dmitri-9 posted:

I'm noticing a lot of people of all races helping people regardless of their race which is a big improvement over Hurricane Katrina's "Turner Diaries meets The Most Dangerous Game".

Texas is weird, but it's not really "the South". Besides, everyone who lives there is the same race - Texan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Kale posted:

What is even the purpose of "pretending" something lIke that. Maybe this is me having a life but I never understood that

I think there's just something about the taboo of it. Kids like to disrespect whatever their parents value. I think Vox had an article on this recently - the taboo against Nazism somehow sexed it up. Is GBS kids or are they all 30+ like us? I don't go there often (except for the occasional threads making fun of reddit). I am hopeful that antifa can make people realize it's not funny or cool, or failing that put some teeth down some throats.

• Locked thread