Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Cosmic Afro posted:

Well I did a draw! I figured it was worth a shot and there were some elementals I wanted there.

I got Noctis' OSB and Gladiolus's OSB, as well as Iris' OSB and a copy of Noctis' Legend Materia. Yay, nay? It's not Noctis' BSB, but I guess I feel better for having something to use Noctis' bars on if I do Full Charge/Omega Drive spams with his LMR.

^^^

I play generally on an emulator, I'm basically going fine. My own phone is going kinda nuts lately.

I assume that was Iris' BSB? She has one of the best healer BSBs in the game, so congrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I also play on an old Xperia and it's not the best, but I don't find it too much of a pain.

That being said I've always been a few generations behind the tech curve.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
I can't really get a good thing going for Magicite Dungeons, but I think it's just because I'm not using the right buffs/healers.

I have Ramza's ultra (History's Truth) and his super (Shout), should I level him up to 99 ASAP for this? I've just been using Gogo (Fantastic Symmetry) + Krile (Sheepsong) for boosts but I feel like Ramza might be more appropriate, especially for more physical-heavy teams.

Also the only Burst Healers I have is Penelo (Evanescence) and Yshtola (Asylum). But Yshtola is only level 50 right now because I thought she was only really worth using when you pull Stoneskin too. Since we already get Stoneskin in Magicite I should probably just start leveling her up and using her, right?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I like putting together teams for the tough content, but it gets a little overwhelming now that there's like 100 of these things a week. That's why I've warmed up to the Cloud USB RW meta. Helps to base my whole offense around Vaan and stab everything to shreds with Thief's.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

I assume that was Iris' BSB? She has one of the best healer BSBs in the game, so congrats.

Er, yeah, that's BSB. Also, that's good to hear! I'm pretty happy about Gladoius' OSB, because that sword increases Fire damage, too!

even if I lack Noctis' BSB, with his LMR and his OSB, plus some Lifesiphoning and Omega Drive, I can have a pretty hefty offense with him anyway!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Is there a way to cheese Valigarmanda nightmare? Cause I'm following the strat but I always slightly gently caress up my timing once on the barriers and then it's all downhill from there.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ice_Mallet posted:

I can't really get a good thing going for Magicite Dungeons, but I think it's just because I'm not using the right buffs/healers.

I have Ramza's ultra (History's Truth) and his super (Shout), should I level him up to 99 ASAP for this? I've just been using Gogo (Fantastic Symmetry) + Krile (Sheepsong) for boosts but I feel like Ramza might be more appropriate, especially for more physical-heavy teams.

Also the only Burst Healers I have is Penelo (Evanescence) and Yshtola (Asylum). But Yshtola is only level 50 right now because I thought she was only really worth using when you pull Stoneskin too. Since we already get Stoneskin in Magicite I should probably just start leveling her up and using her, right?

Theres a lot going on here but:

-Yes, Ramza is insane and you have all his tools. You want him boosting your physical team. He is going to bring a whole lot more to the table than Gogo, and he has Ninja access which is particularly good vs the Magicite bosses since they can ignore resistance.

-Krile is not a boostga but a faithga, so she does absolutely nothing for your physical characters.

-Yshtola is still the best healer BSB in the game, although a few others offer different utility (Deuce, Iris, etc). Unless you've got like Rosa USB or something Yshtola is going to be an excellent improvement.

-It really depends what bosses you're attempting, but using Ramza+Yshtola are probably the best things you could be doing.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Cinnamon Bear posted:

He is going to bring a whole lot more to the table than Gogo, and he has Ninja access which is particularly good vs the Magicite bosses since they can ignore resistance.
Oh yeah I always forget he has Ninja. Yeah, that'll help a lot! I even have some pretty good instruments to slap on him.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

-It really depends what bosses you're attempting, but using Ramza+Yshtola are probably the best things you could be doing.
Hmm, that's what it's been looking like. Alright, I'll have to make sure to level those two up next. Before I could get around using whatever characters I wanted but Magicite cuts no slack. Thanks for the advice!

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
I still haven't beat a Nightmare. I probably need to try something other than the Omega Drive boss.

Im at the point where I really need to build up other teams because I've started running into things that my Cloud USB team can't quite handle. Mostly I need a solid magic team and better elemental coverage. And a better selection of healer sbs. And a boostga.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Bell_ posted:

I really enjoy the magicite content, frustrating as it can be, but I wish there was still content in that direction that wasn't tuned so high in order for other people to enjoy too.

Magicite continues to be the hardest content in JP, pretty much. They do introduce rotating farmable 4* mote dungeons which are like "magicite lite" - each boss is weak to one element and resists the rest, and there's a timer and what-have-you. They have about 430-500k HP, are fully weak to their weak element, and are generally a lot easier to kill.

They're Jump Start fights where you only get 1 SB bar per character, and the idea is to kill them as fast as you can. They can hurt if you let them live too long, but it's pretty common to bring 5 attacker and no healers. Just got my best time in the Vitality Mote fight today!

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I should be happy about this pull right? I got 6/11, more than I've ever gotten from a single pull outside of the Keeper's Choice 2 banner.

Ayame Legend Materia x3
Ayame Super
Shantoto Super x2

It's nice and all, but none of those are weapons.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Sesq posted:

I should be happy about this pull right? I got 6/11, more than I've ever gotten from a single pull outside of the Keeper's Choice 2 banner.

Ayame Legend Materia x3
Ayame Super
Shantoto Super x2

Ayame's BSB would have been a lot better, but at least you've got synergy and some stuff for maybe the best character from the realm.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Sesq posted:

Ayame Legend Materia x3
Ayame Super
Shantoto Super x2

Ayame's LMR armor has minor Dark resist so that'll be a boon for the Dark Magicite at least.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Sesq posted:

Ayame Legend Materia x3
Ayame Super
Shantoto Super x2

It's fine to feel bummed you got so many dupes and nothing above super level, but you'll grow to appreciate good synergy in a rare realm whenever it shows up or if you haven't done the XI realms yet.

6 super+ rainbows is a good pull. Just re-think it as "what if I only went 1/11 on this pull with one of these items?" It'll make you feel better.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I was a little salty when my 11/11 KC2 pull gave me 7 Excaliburs, but at the end of the day I now have a godsword for FFV content. Could be worse!

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Final damage report from 2 pulls on XI banner 2:
-Ayame BSBx2/SSB
-Prishe BSBx2
-Lion USB/BSB

Everything I wanted and then some!

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Which XI banner should I pull on if I'm just looking to have more synergy equipment than Lion's BSB dagger?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
1/11, but it was Ayame's BSB, I needed weapon synergy for XI, and Ayame is who I was hoping for so ayyyy

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
So. I need advice.

I have 165 Mithril. Just had a godpull on FF15(see above, Noctis OSB, Gladoius OSB, Iris BSB and Noctis LMR) and I am pondering to pull on FF11-2, mostly for trying to get Ayame's Ice stuff.

Now.

I have some good debuff already with Faris' USB, some good healing already in Yuna, Vanille, Relm and now Iris. I have, however, only one FF11 piece of gear and that's Shantotto's BSB, a glove. So, really, what I REALLY want is a badass ice thing, because Ayame looks pretty good a character anyway.

Should I pull? I have little FF11 synergy, it is rare and I want Ice stuff. So it's two needs, really, but FF11 might not show up often again.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

I always look at things in terms of "will I be fine wasting 50 mythril?" because if the answer is yes it doesn't really matter.

If the answer is "going 1/11 dupe ssb will mean one less 30th anniversary pull for nothing" you should probably save it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
What should be an easy MP fight is turning out to be frustrating because of extra dumb pubs tonight, like a Tyro who'd just keep spamming Protectga instead of putting up Wall, and then countless Warder's Apocryphas causing my game to quit.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Is there anyone in all of FFRK that honestly needs more 4 star bravery motes at this point?

Thank god the jump start gives some 5 star spirits though.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

I did! I have all of Vayne's pre-LD spheres completed now :v:

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Is there anyone in all of FFRK that honestly needs more 4 star bravery motes at this point?

Thank god the jump start gives some 5 star spirits though.

I hadn't 4* dived anyone in quite a while, but when Magicite hit I went on a spree 4* diving my whole Lightning + Water crews to make farming Bismarck and Living Flame go faster, + diving Noctis for kicks. I went on a random spending spree and now I need lots of 4* motes again.

My fire crew is already 4* dived, fortunately, so when I take on Sea Lion later tonight I shouldn't have any problems.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
I did a dumb thing and did a second 11 pull on the first XI banner.

In two pulls that got me Curilla's USB/SSB, Aphmau's USB/BSB, and three copies of Shantotto's SSB. Really happy with these. I'll skip out on banner 2.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Meanwhile, I popped banner 2 and got Lion's Burst and LMR, and I already had her Super. Still no pentabreak, but at least I have an ATK/DEF breaker who can do actual damage afterwards.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

This made my loving night. I've been trying to kill him with my Lightning team all day, and it finally came together.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
My phone is lovely old S4 that barely runs the game at an acceptable level, so I generally do all the actual hard stuff that requires party optimization like end of event bosses and multiplayer on an emulator and only use my phone for brainless autobattling like dailies or orbfests. Works wonderfully.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

AegisP posted:

This made my loving night. I've been trying to kill him with my Lightning team all day, and it finally came together.

What. Why?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
was that team focused on using lightning or just that it had Lightning in it

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

My elemental coverage from soul breaks is as follows:

* Lightning damage
* Orlandeau's OSB/BSB and maybe Ceodore makes an appearance for Holy

So I've been prodding the not-Bismarck (who gets demolished) Magicites to see if any were even possible. Fenrir was by far the most approachable for an off-element team, since his AOE is piercing and doesn't Imperil, so it always clocks in at around 3500 to non-resistant people.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Jesus this 180 cat is a massive rear end in a top hat. Not sure if this no SB clear is going to happen.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Jesus this 180 cat is a massive rear end in a top hat. Not sure if this no SB clear is going to happen.

More less the same experience, only I have one SB. It's just incredibly punishing to have no access to either Full Break or Multi Break, either.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Pulling for some FFIX synergy besides Curilla's SSB couldn't hurt.

Ayame eat the eggs

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Oh my. A good pull! :eyepop:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I don't think I'll ever get tired of blowing up bosses with Cloud USB Beatrix/Agrias holy-imperil buddies in Jump Start battles.

And now Y'shtola can dualcast White Magic! I don't know who to work on the legend sphere for next; I guess it'll largely depend on how my Bartz pulls go. I'm currently well-stocked on Vitality and Bravery, so I could do another character that mixed those, like... uh... ...shrug.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Well that was the easiest JS ever.

I used the motes to LD Terra to boost her fire damage. I hope it lets me squeeze out enough extra damage to finally beat the Sealion magicite.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Well that was the easiest JS ever.

I used the motes to LD Terra to boost her fire damage. I hope it lets me squeeze out enough extra damage to finally beat the Sealion magicite.

You aren't kidding. Not sure I even got hit before I exploded him in 3 turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Sorta tempted to pull on this banner for a shot at some ice coverage, but that's probably a bad idea since none of the supers on it are wowing me. Are there any other upcoming banners with a lot of ice stuff, or is this worth a pull? It doesn't seem like we're getting those elemental banners any time soon, from what I'm hearing.

• Locked thread