Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Realtalk the crew here is like four people the rest of it is being able to network and call in comrades from out of town and friends you know who while not part of planning an action will totally help throw down if poo poo gets weird

True asf. I made like hundreds of fb friends on leftbook and we all stay at each others' houses / help with travel / meetup / drive over whenever fash invade one of our towns.

Bullfrog has issued a correction as of 04:58 on Aug 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calde
Jun 20, 2009

business hammocks posted:

Comic books seems to have gone through/is going through a smaller-scale version of gamergate, driven by similar cultural and market forces, so it could happen in any sufficiently niche hobby with a declining die-hard core confronting change brought by new participants.

Sci-fi & fantasy novels had the same thing happen with the two Sad & Rabid Puppies campaigns. White nerds angry that women and POC were winning awards that rightfully belong to white men, etc etc. I wouldn't be surprised if every nerd subculture has been grappling with this for the past few years.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bullfrog posted:

True asf. I made like hundreds of friends on leftbook and we all stay at each others' houses / help with travel / meetup / drive over whenever fash invade one of our towns.

Honestly most of it is having people to trade memes and news with, and organizing barbecues. It rules.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
No clue about the alt-lite. Also for the alt-right, another option is to go "apoliteic," a term Julius Evola used to mean "disinterest."

quote:

“After taking stock of the situation, this type can only feel disinterested and detached from everything that is “politics” today. His principle will become apoliteia, as it was in ancient times”.

“Apoliteia” refers essentially to the inner attitude…. The man in question recognizes, as I have said before, that ideas, motives, and goals worthy of the pledge of one’s true being do not exist today….”
He wrote about developing an "aristocracy of the soul" and to become a "wanderer in the forest." Julius Evola was also this introverted character who lived with his parents while advocating men not jerk off and while fashioning himself as a philosopher soo....

I think being apoliteic means sitting in your room and listening to lots of Death in June. Take the black pill.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Honestly most of it is having people to trade memes and news with, and organizing barbecues. It rules.

All I want is a BBQ / range day / hot sauce tasting / leftie PARTY. yall are invited obviously. I do have like 3 or 4 ppl from a leftist gun group comin to shoot with me later this september, im goddamned pumped

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

No clue about the alt-lite. Also for the alt-right, another option is to go "apoliteic," a term Julius Evola used to mean "disinterest."

He wrote about developing an "aristocracy of the soul" and to become a "wanderer in the forest." Julius Evola was also this introverted character who lived with his parents while advocating men not jerk off and while fashioning himself as a philosopher soo....

I think being apoliteic means sitting in your room and listening to lots of Death in June. Take the black pill.

That's interesting as gently caress. Is there a thread for this info? Where can I research more? Preferably from a secondary source so that I don't have to touch actual right-wing poop

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bullfrog posted:

All I want is a BBQ / range day / hot sauce tasting / leftie PARTY. yall are invited obviously. I do have like 3 or 4 ppl from a leftist gun group comin to shoot with me later this september, im goddamned pumped

Since the 9/9 poo poo got cancelled we decided to have a cookout and get together and drink, and also there's a JB Gun Club starting up so I'm gonna learn to shoot with some folks, it rules

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

also big into sex magic and all that dumb oculist poo poo. also

quote:

During his trial in 1951, Evola denied being a Fascist and instead referred to himself as a "superfascist".

over all just a big dumb nerd with dumb ideas about poo poo that every power fantasizing moron jerks off to despite pledging to go nofap.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bullfrog posted:

That's interesting as gently caress. Is there a thread for this info? Where can I research more? Preferably from a secondary source so that I don't have to touch actual right-wing poop
Here's a good essay on it, actually specifically about the role of apoliteic-ism(?) on fascist neo-folk music from an academic whose speciality is in Eastern European right-wing extremism! It owns:

http://www.shekhovtsov.org/articles/Anton_Shekhovtsov-Apoliteic_Music.html

Also I wished I lived in Minnesota because BBQ and guns sounds ~~awesome~~ :3:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I've seen a propaganda push by them since Charlottesville though. But who knows whether it's meeting any success. It's pretty small relative to the broader white supremacist movement.

Antifa is roping in a lot more people, as far as I can tell. Nazis show up and get slapped around and chased out of town, Antifa show and get cheered like they're making a WWE entrance. Hate to paraphrase Osama bin Laden, but It's clear who the strong horse is.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Since the 9/9 poo poo got cancelled we decided to have a cookout and get together and drink, and also there's a JB Gun Club starting up so I'm gonna learn to shoot with some folks, it rules

I'm real goddamned tempted to start a RR chapter here, but I only have one other person in the area who would be down that I know of. That's the problem with living in a smallish town. It's also intimidating to follow through with

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bullfrog posted:

I'm real goddamned tempted to start a RR chapter here, but I only have one other person in the area who would be down that I know of. That's the problem with living in a smallish town. It's also intimidating to follow through with

Yeah there's no real interest right here but we have a chapter up north who belongs to the alliance, so that's nice

Learning about all these groups I never knew existed before is rad

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's a bit late to call them limp-wristed cowards after getting BTFO'd three times in a row.

I proudly identify as a member of a right wing death squad but please don't pepper spray me you fuckin' commies! :'(

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Bullfrog posted:

hot sauce tasting

IN. INININININININININ.

*grabbyhands* GIMME.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
It's good to see the Fascists get BTFO but they'll be back. Cville changed the narrative but these guys aren't going away.

I feel in my bones we are an economic catastrophe away from a social apocalypse which will open the hell gates to the radical elements.

Thank god the American fascists are led by such absolute loving idiots and cowards.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Montasque posted:

It's good to see the Fascists get BTFO but they'll be back. Cville changed the narrative but these guys aren't going away.

I feel in my bones we are an economic catastrophe away from a social apocalypse which will open the hell gates to the radical elements.

Thank god the American fascists are led by such absolute loving idiots and cowards.

An economic collapse could help us too, assuming that we have plans in place to capitalize on it.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

An economic collapse could help us too, assuming that we have plans in place to capitalize on it.

We know they do.

Right now the Fascists, although it's completely despicable and evil, have a vision for the future.

They might just be the only political faction in the West that does at the moment.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

Montasque posted:

We know they do.

Right now the Fascists, although it's completely despicable and evil, have a vision for the future.

They might just be the only political faction in the West that does at the moment.

Communists and Mormons have visions for the future, but only Mormons have the scale and organization to actually outlast a collapse. Fascists lack group cohesion, and communists lack numbers.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
god post apocalypse society is gonna suck if mormons are the ones that are gonna be running it. i think i'd rather take my chances with the cannibalistic mutants.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Communists and Mormons have visions for the future, but only Mormons have the scale and organization to actually outlast a collapse. Fascists lack group cohesion, and communists lack numbers.

Mormons are going to win.

God drat Pener you just blew my mind.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
get your magic underwear

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the mormons will crumble the moment people realize they're against caffeine

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Want some nice, night viewing?

Enjoy Joey Gibson literally being run out of Berkeley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsZC4Om3VKw

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Agean90 posted:

the mormons will crumble the moment people realize they're against caffeine

the us government had a hard enough time banning and suppressing the distribution and consumption of alcohol. the mormons will have to deal with that AND caffeinated beverages.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

In the absence of a state under anarchy (the social kind, not the political kind), people will look towards the most important institution in their lives for order and safety - and that's typically their religion. The Mormons have more institutions and services in place to form the basis of a new state than any other religion I'm aware of, except maybe the Catholic church. Plus if capitalism itself goes tits up, the Mormons have a tradition of religious communalism they can fall back to from the early history of the church.

If civilization ever collapses I'm changing my name to Gideon Smith and making my way to Utah.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
I will be martyred fighting the mormon caliphate, god willing.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

lol @ all the liberals who urged everyone not to show up to the counter-protests

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Fully-automated space Mormonism

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tardcore posted:

I will be martyred fighting the mormon caliphate, god willing.

Same but suicide bombing them with a Howard Dean shriek

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Qu Appelle posted:

Want some nice, night viewing?

Enjoy Joey Gibson literally being run out of Berkeley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsZC4Om3VKw

This is just :discourse:

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

KomradeX posted:

This is just :discourse:

Almost as sublime as sipping on a nice Scotch.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Qu Appelle posted:

Almost as sublime as sipping on a nice Scotch.

Just absolutely divine. I love the dork in the football gear holding the back of his shirt. Like he wouldn't get ripped apart by the mob if he wasn't

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Love the cops protecting the literal Nazi who is being chased out by a man yelling KEEP FUCKIN WALKONG PUSSY

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Love the cops protecting the literal Nazi who is being chased out by a man yelling KEEP FUCKIN WALKONG PUSSY

i know its nice to think about but i'm not sure if you want nazis getting lynched on camera by antifa in this administration, buddy

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Well you can see him being threatened and assaulted earlier in the vid and it's like 30 vs 2, so yeah the cops should protect him.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Business Gorillas posted:

i know its nice to think about but i'm not sure if you want nazis getting lynched on camera by antifa in this administration, buddy

I do and I don't.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

All Evola ever did (I mean, when he wasn't being fash) was write about Tantra and Hermetic Alchemy and actually knew his subjects; Carl Jung (who was totally not a fascist, guys) cited him frequently

if you want to go with really crazy fascist fantasy poo poo you have to read this

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Well you can see him being threatened and assaulted earlier in the vid and it's like 30 vs 2, so yeah the cops should protect him.

really wondering how the cops would've protected 2 antifa against 30 nazis :thunk:

Caveman Cat
Oct 20, 2012

MAJOR

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

All Evola ever did (I mean, when he wasn't being fash) was write about Tantra and Hermetic Alchemy and actually knew his subjects; Carl Jung (who was totally not a fascist, guys) cited him frequently

if you want to go with really crazy fascist fantasy poo poo you have to read this

Sodomite Apeling and the DIVINE ELECTRONS!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuck N. Awe
Oct 6, 2007

Caveman Cat posted:

Sodomite Apeling and the DIVINE ELECTRONS!!!!

It's a science!