Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

can someone buy that physique template for me

also can someone buy me PM's so they can send the physique template to me

also i'm hungry, i need food, can someone buy me some food?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Fartbox posted:

How good are you at sucking dick

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was a little worried about doing 5 sets.

That's the spirit.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Fartbox posted:

pm me

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

nooneofconsequence posted:

That's the spirit.

I want to get strong by doing literally nothing.

edit: nah, just getting to the gym is the most important part for me

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Fartbox posted:

https://www.myfreecams.com/

Get to work.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
i just started using the lateral raise machine and im hurting badly in a good way

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Fartbox posted:

If you go on the RP hypertrophy blog you can basically make the physique templates yourself with a bit of effort and spreadsheeting. Done 2 cycles now and seeing some nice games, Dr Mike is a true muscle wizard

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

MikeCrotch posted:

If you go on the RP hypertrophy blog you can basically make the physique templates yourself with a bit of effort and spreadsheeting. Done 2 cycles now and seeing some nice games, Dr Mike is a true muscle wizard

I'm sick of cutting, and at 5'9" and 142lb maybe it's just counter productive and I should just try to get really big muscles from my muscle wizard template instead.

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately

Pesmerga posted:

I'm sick of cutting, and at 5'9" and 142lb maybe it's just counter productive and I should just try to get really big muscles from my muscle wizard template instead.

what are you some kinda baby twink? Go eat a burger ffs.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Eat tubbo lard food, just lift all the time too and it'll go to the right place

It's surprising how quick it works, at least my untrained eyes think so

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Unless your dysmorphia is really bad. But at least other people will still think you look good or at least not think about you at all.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Oh hello going heavy on deadlifts, it's been a while.

Also hello for the week skinnyfat undergrads, I can't wait until you give up again.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Pesmerga posted:

Put on 30lbs while you think about it some more.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

People are really weird. I'm 5'8" and getting close to going under 170 lbs, and I'm afraid I'm getting too small and here's a dude 30 lbs lighter than me going "hmm maybe I should bulk??"

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Deadlifted so hard I can't move my butt muscles

I'll just sit on this chair forever

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I should probably drop 10 but I made a big batch of paella this morning and someone's got to eat it.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I've been lifting free weights since '98. Can't figure out how you guys are so skinny :shrug:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Dum Cumpster posted:

I've been lifting free weights since '98. Can't figure out how you guys are so skinny :shrug:

I did one of those body composition things and got "solid build" aka "you are pretty muscular but also fat you loving fatty"

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I wasted my teenage years and picked up lifting in my 30s. At this point I'm just trying to impotently cling to my youth.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Next do too many squats

And enjoy your quads turning into jello and not being able to walk without locking your knees with every step so you look like some kind of tin soldier

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Deadlifted today and my office is on the third floor. No elevator.

Leg days and deadlift days are fuuuuun

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I deadlifted 5x5 315 first time yesterday and I'm pretty drat sore today. Well that's my dl story.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
So I think I'm settling with starting strength. I'm going to stick with the "1-3 weeks" program for a while. I absolutely do not want to do power cleans, especially at the YMCA. I know it's an essential part of the program but I really don't care.

So I'm trying to build up the motivation to at least get my foot in the door at the gym today. Once that happens, I'll do it.

The plan is to start Workout A today. Squat, bench, and deadlift. I'm just starting with the 45lb bar and this will basically be 100% working on form and I feel like I'll be doing that for a while so I don't hurt myself when I really start going up in weight.

Another thing I'm confused about and truly don't want to do is the lifting warmups. They'll seriously take more time than the entire workout itself. I think Stronglifts have you do 5 reps of 5 sets each increasing weight. As just the warmup. Can't I just go on a treadmill/eliptical for a while so get all of the blood flowing?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

If you don't want to do power cleans just do a 3x5 of beltless deadlifts at 75-80% of your last 5 rep deadlift.

Also warmupreps.com

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Warm up sets just take a few minutes. I don't really rest between them until I get ready for my working weight.

Think about all the ways you aren't activating your muscles for lifting when you jog. Yeah your body might be warm, but you are not warmed up for that lift until you do the motions of that lift.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Warming up is bullshit. Stretching too. Programs? What a joke. Lifting? gently caress that noise.

Practicing with the bar for weeks to really get form down (on days when you really feel motivated)? drat that's the good poo poo.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Salami memes? Now we're next level.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

sassassin posted:

Warming up is bullshit. Stretching too. Programs? What a joke. Lifting? gently caress that noise.

Practicing with the bar for weeks to really get form down (on days when you really feel motivated)? drat that's the good poo poo.

Looks like my plan is going to work perfectly.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

if you're lifting really low weights like just the bar then don't worry about warming up. as it gets heavier you will be happy to have the opportunity

if you don't want to do power cleans then don't do them but don't let that be a reason to give up on everything else

just keep going to the gym

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Deadlifts and squats the same day? Sounds tough

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
pennywise you can sub barbell rows for cleans even though he says you shouldn't

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ham_sanitizer posted:

pennywise you can sub barbell rows for cleans even though he says you shouldn't

That is good news.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Thesaurus posted:

if you're lifting really low weights like just the bar then don't worry about warming up.

What would you warm up with if you use just the bar?

Air? Thinking about lifting?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Pooping

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Bob Morales posted:

What would you warm up with if you use just the bar?

Air? Thinking about lifting?

Making out with the guy next to you

Just ask if you can "work in"

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

So I think I'm settling with starting strength. I'm going to stick with the "1-3 weeks" program for a while. I absolutely do not want to do power cleans, especially at the YMCA.

Then you're not doing starting strength.

quote:

Squat, bench, and deadlift. I'm just starting with the 45lb bar and this will basically be 100% working on form and I feel like I'll be doing that for a while so I don't hurt myself when I really start going up in weight.

Please don't be one of those people who never add any weight (and never see any gains) because they're so worried about form. It's a Pro was. It won't be perfect. You'll develop your own quirks. Just lift. As long as it's not dogshit you're okay.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Bob Morales posted:

Then you're not doing starting strength.

The only people who care about this are people who do starting strength

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

As just the warmup. Can't I just go on a treadmill/eliptical for a while so get all of the blood flowing?

You can do whatever you'd like to warm up. I still like to throw in a single very light set of 5 just as a way to 'remember' the movement.

I don't have any science behind this, it's just something that works for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I do shoulder dislocators, then whatever warmup reps, then regular lifts. That is all.

And tricep press-downs right before I head into the locker room for some beef.