Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

coyo7e posted:

Also Banner Saga is similar to kodp despite it having strategy combat and stuff.

Sorcery! 1-3 are also good.

Banner Saga is similar in setting and I guess vaguely in concept, but yeah, completely different kind of game.

And yes, Sorcery! Also, The Lone Wolf Saga (not the newer 3d game).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

80 days

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
I just noticed that a free game I own is no longer in the app store or my library (it was replaced with a paid version). Is there some way to get it back in my library? Or at least get a list of apps I own but are no longer available, so that I can know to back them up?

poo poo. I've got a lot of games I've bought but never installed, and thus never backed up. The idea that they could just be pulled pisses me off.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Meatwave posted:

I just noticed that a free game I own is no longer in the app store or my library (it was replaced with a paid version). Is there some way to get it back in my library? Or at least get a list of apps I own but are no longer available, so that I can know to back them up?

poo poo. I've got a lot of games I've bought but never installed, and thus never backed up. The idea that they could just be pulled pisses me off.

I have an iOS game I bought that wouldn't run on my iPod and is now unavailable in my country. Shits just bullshit all around

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Is there a Titanfall assault thread? I saw there was a clan and I joined what I thought was the second goon clan but it's 2 noboides and my badass self.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Battlejack is really quite fun, it's blackjack meets RPG.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Sigma-X posted:

Is there a Titanfall assault thread? I saw there was a clan and I joined what I thought was the second goon clan but it's 2 noboides and my badass self.

There's a goon guild that someone made in the main Titanfall thread called Titanfall Goons. Otherwise there's no real thread for the game.

I'm enjoying Titanfall assault, but the one major killer for me is that it gets really fussy if your connection is less than perfect. I mostly play phone games during down time at work and it boots me from over half of all games because my reception isn't the most stable.

It has no problem finding me a match and letting me play the first 3 seconds though, so I get lots of free losses.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Aug 28, 2017

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Vainglory is pretty fun. It's a full featured MOBA, very similar to League of Legends, with 3v3 live PvP, a large roster of characters, complex mechanics, simple controls, and heaps upon heaps of polish.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Meatwave posted:

Go to My Apps and see if its still in there. I got Xcom and they replaced the one on the store with the new dlc Gavin version. I can still download the original in My Apps

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

LizzieBorden posted:

Battlejack is really quite fun, it's blackjack meets RPG.

This is pretty neat, but I'm pretty burned on gachas. Anyone know what the endgame is like, and how dependant it is on pulls and such?

I'm already feeling the freemium pinch with the chests.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Vainglory is pretty fun. It's a full featured MOBA, very similar to League of Legends, with 3v3 live PvP, a large roster of characters, complex mechanics, simple controls, and heaps upon heaps of polish.

Yep. A lot of Goons play, it's been out a good 2-3 years now.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Funso Banjo posted:

Yep. A lot of Goons play, it's been out a good 2-3 years now.

Rad. Is there a goon guild?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Any fans of the TV show Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries might be interested to know that an episodic adventure game adaptation by Tin Man Games is now out for Android.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Slightly unrelated question, but does anyone know how to "reset" my Google Opinion Rewards? I must have failed a testing question or something and now I haven't got a survey in 8 months.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

thehoodie posted:

Slightly unrelated question, but does anyone know how to "reset" my Google Opinion Rewards? I must have failed a testing question or something and now I haven't got a survey in 8 months.

Same, over a year for me.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

thehoodie posted:

Uninstall and reinstall. Do the tutorial survey again

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Bombadilillo posted:

Uninstall and reinstall. Do the tutorial survey again

You'd have to tie it to a different Google account.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm still going (fairly) strong with the surveys :smug:

And I'm in Canada, I still get at least one every two weeks.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Vykk.Draygo posted:

You'd have to tie it to a different Google account.

Nope.

I've had it stop sending me surveys. That makes them start again.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Bombadilillo posted:

Nope.

I've had it stop sending me surveys. That makes them start again.

The tutorial survey doesn't reappear when I do this, so does not seem likely it will work.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

thehoodie posted:

The tutorial survey doesn't reappear when I do this, so does not seem likely it will work.

Yes it does.*

*May have changed in the last few months.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Is there anything in the vain of Mech Commader out there?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Aramoro posted:

Here's 50 apparently.

MechCom looks the closest.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Are the best emulators for the android the apps posted in the OP? Or is there something better now?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Aramoro posted:

Titanfall assault scratches the itch a little bit but I honestly can't think of anything that has the kind of close, in control, down to the quarter of a second controlling like mechcommander gold multiplaywr does. Phones aren't really made for that 4 mech JJ squad packing ppgs and lrms.

But I can dream... mechcommander multiplayer often felt more like a Total War game with limited units. And Myth/Myth2 never got ported..

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Renegret posted:

There's a goon guild that someone made in the main Titanfall thread called Titanfall Goons. Otherwise there's no real thread for the game.

I'm enjoying Titanfall assault, but the one major killer for me is that it gets really fussy if your connection is less than perfect. I mostly play phone games during down time at work and it boots me from over half of all games because my reception isn't the most stable.

It has no problem finding me a match and letting me play the first 3 seconds though, so I get lots of free losses.
Thanks for the heads upon a guild. I didn't have any idea there was one and I've never looked in the TitanFall thread since I got rid of my console.

Is there any actual Titanfall assault info in that thread or would a separate thread be potentially useful for people who want to talk about different loadouts and mech strengths and all that bull?

a lot of stuff seems badly balanced right now so I imagine it'll get tweaked a lot.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Pocket Frogs is back.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Time for my semi-annual "is there a SimGolf clone" post

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Just started playing Dragon Project and it's been great fun so far.

It's very similar to Monster Hunter. So if you're a fan of that, you'll probably dig this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZPY-h17vw

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

It's very similar to Monster Hunter. So if you're a fan of that, you'll probably dig this.

FYI you need a powerful phone for this.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

regulargonzalez posted:

Time for my semi-annual "is there a SimGolf clone" post

God, I wish.

I actually just spent part of my last weekend trying to get SimGolf to work on windows 10 with zero luck.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 30, 2017

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

This is really good and fun

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

this is good, bows are good

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

EzEight posted:

FYI you need a powerful phone for this.

I'm running it on a galaxy core prime :shrug:

Anyone figure out if there is a guild system or a way we can group up in this?

Edit: You can also make fun titles like this:

Want to be the President of Cute? How about Hipster therefore Weeb? Go hog wild. You can make some truly terrible titles.

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 30, 2017

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

CascadeBeta posted:

God, I wish.

I actually just spent part of my last weekend trying to get SimGolf to work on windows 10 with zero luck.

I really don't get it. It would be perfect as a mobile game, maybe better suited to phones than it was to PC. It seems like a license to print money. Why hasn't firaxis ported it, or someone made a clone? IT MAKES NO SENSE. I implore the Android developer community, let me give you my money!

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Noblemen 1896 is a new hybrid third person shooter/strategy game that's out today. It seems fairly interesting; before each battle there's a tabletop wargame element where you move troops/set up artillery strikes etc. before you dive in an fight on the battlefield as a soldier alongside your troops. It actually reminds me a bit of the Total War games mixed with a bit of Dynasty Warriors (but with guns!), albeit in a simpler and less polished form.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Aug 31, 2017

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Roguelikes what are the good ones if any

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

verbal enema posted:

Roguelikes what are the good ones if any

Traditional
Shattered Pixel Dungeon
Sproggiwood (I personally don't like it, but it's highly recommended itt)
Caves

Roguelike-likes
Wayward Souls (Zelda style action game)
Soul Knight (my favorite. Basically Into the Gungeon Lite)
Battlevoid Harbinger (space combat)
Delver (first person real time)

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Aug 31, 2017

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

coyo7e posted:

Titanfall assault scratches the itch a little bit but I honestly can't think of anything that has the kind of close, in control, down to the quarter of a second controlling like mechcommander gold multiplaywr does. Phones aren't really made for that 4 mech JJ squad packing ppgs and lrms.

But I can dream... mechcommander multiplayer often felt more like a Total War game with limited units. And Myth/Myth2 never got ported..

Yeah, I'm trying Titanfall Assault just now, it's ok and scratches the itch a little certainly but just a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Holy CRAP!

Friend code: 10SP