Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also you can poo poo on her grave after she dies, while wearing Manolo Blahniks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pick posted:

If she thinks you have forgiven her, you might end up in her will, which means you get some money. Just do a cost-benefit analysis.

You'd probably only get 3/5 of what the other grandkids get, so work that into the calculations.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I feel like my girlfriend of 3 years doesn't love me anymore.. (self.relationship_advice)

quote:

Hi all,

My first post on this sub. Im 20 years old, male from england (English isn't my first language so go easy on me. Me and my girlfriend have been together for nearly 3 years ( anniversary in 3 weeks ). For the last year I feel like she had changed. She acts really distant, its really hard to explain but it just feels like shes not there. Whenever she is with me shes always on her phone, but when I text her she never replies. We've had multiple arguments about her not being affectionate enough in this relationship and she will always say I'm just paranoid and I should leave it. The other week she was coming back from work so I decided to make a romantic dinner with candles and everything, i texted her asking when she will be home and she said 15mins. I sat and waited at the table for 1:30hrs like an idiot, when she finally showed up I asked her what happened because I was worried,she said I'm controlling and she went to her parents house... i cant remember the last time we had sex or any sort of physical contact. don't know what to do anymore, I love her so much but it just feels like she doesn't feel the same. Am i just being needy or is something else up?

P.s. i never thought that she would ever cheat on me but after writing this out I feel like that could be a possibility.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

tactlessbastard posted:

Reading interferes with snap judgements and is also for chumps

This but unironically.

Anne Whateley posted:

Yeah if you read my posts, I keep saying the guy doesn't ever have to talk to her again and that's fine. I mean it.

Yeah, and I agree with that part. The part I don't agree with is, functionally, much less important and so obviously I'll argue it till the end of the thread. I just disagree that she was restricted by the grandfather. She made her choice to abandon her child and grandchild based on racism.

Pick posted:

If she thinks you have forgiven her, you might end up in her will, which means you get some money. Just do a cost-benefit analysis.

Hmm. I guess my first reaction should have been "Do they have any wealth?"

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Ride The Gravitron posted:

gently caress that, poo poo on her grave

And then gently caress that poo poo on her grave.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

sleepwalkers posted:

My dad was born in '47 and witnessed the Detroit riots firsthand yet still didn't end up in a situation where he'd ever consciously make the choice to leave their grandchild's future up to chance because of the color of their skin. "Oh but they're olds" doesn't really work when we're talking about being disowned in 1989.

This is why it's hard to speculate on some of these threads and have people arguing about 'gently caress that old hag! vs. do what is best for yourself'. All we have to go by is OP's original post and follow up comments.

Considering there have been stories from that subreddit about people's parents in TYOOL 2017 threatening to disown their child for dating a black man, and many more wondering what to do regarding a lovely controlling partner, I think some of us responding to that story are more curious than anything what the actual deal with the grandma's situation was.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Is that deuce worth $400,000?

Having your racist grandparents disown your parents and yourself: Half a lifetime of struggle

Having your racist grandparents refuse to take you in and forcing you into the Foster system after your parents die a horrible death: another half lifetime of struggles.

Taking a poo poo on dead racist Grandpa's grave, mailing a picture of it to living racist Grandma with a note promising that she's next: priceless

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Admiral Ray posted:

Yeah, and I agree with that part. The part I don't agree with is, functionally, much less important and so obviously I'll argue it till the end of the thread. I just disagree that she was restricted by the grandfather. She made her choice to abandon her child and grandchild based on racism.
Same obv. But I think approaching him at his parents' funeral and sending him letters for however many years are both signs that she was obeying her husband and not acting out of hella racism herself. It would've been easier to just wash her hands like bad granddad did.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I think we need to sit down and map out which acts you are or are not culpable for in the context of the kind of relationship we've put forward (I.e. That of a controlling and dominating spouse that you've been conditioned to believe has authority and final say in all things)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

maskenfreiheit posted:

I feel like my girlfriend of 3 years doesn't love me anymore.. (self.relationship_advice)

Got the age wrong because holy moly its like he saw dead bedrooms and knew that would take to long to get there so he strapped himself to a rocketship of unhappiness.

She wants you to dump her, btw.

fruit on the bottom posted:

I think we need to sit down and map out which acts you are or are not culpable for in the context of the kind of relationship we've put forward (I.e. That of a controlling and dominating spouse that you've been conditioned to believe has authority and final say in all things)

Just use the legal definition of under duress for it. You must have done it due to a credible, immenent threat to you or direct kins life without other recourse.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 28, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Anne Whateley posted:

Same obv. But I think approaching him at his parents' funeral and sending him letters for however many years are both signs that she was obeying her husband and not acting out of hella racism herself. It would've been easier to just wash her hands like bad granddad did.

It is if anything immensely worse if she literally abandoned her grandchild to the foster care system out of a disinterest in making waves or being inconvenienced, rather than a sincere belief in the moral imperative of racial segregation.

Writing letters didn't get the kid fed or loved or cared for, it only served to salve her own conscience, it was a purely selfish act and the OP recognizes it as such. "Washing her hands" is a reference to Pontius Pilate symbolically denying his own culpability for putting Christ on the cross even as he ordered it, not the act of condemning Christ.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 28, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

maskenfreiheit posted:

Meanwhile, on Knifecrime Island:

My dad is threatening to sue me (self.LegalAdviceUK)

Dad is about to find out that truth is an absolute defense against libel.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Ain't nothing wrong with having contact with horrible petty people you can't stand on the assumption you'll get a whack of cash at the end of it. I assume you're all familiar with the concept of jobs.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

It is if anything immensely worse if she literally abandoned her grandchild to the foster care system out of a disinterest in making waves or being inconvenienced, rather than a sincere belief in the moral imperative of racial segregation.
She may have sincerely believed that a state-approved caretaker would be a safer bet for him than a crazy racist and controlling granddad who didn't want the kid. Or if we want to go hog-wild, she may have feared for her life in a direct or indirect way if she left him. We can scream BOOTSTRAPS at abused/controlled old women forever or at least the rest of the thread, but don't be surprised if it doesn't work.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

And you can excuse racists who abandon children until you're blue in the face, but society has moved on and your views are near-universally contemptible.

Outrail posted:

Ain't nothing wrong with having contact with horrible petty people you can't stand on the assumption you'll get a whack of cash at the end of it. I assume you're all familiar with the concept of jobs.

granny has 100% shown herself to be the kind of person who won't secretly will everything to the dog and pretend the OP's in it so he'll be nice to her. maybe don't trust the kind of person who knows what they're doing is wrong but is gonna do it anyway if it's more convenient?

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 28, 2017

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Anne Whateley posted:

She may have sincerely believed that a state-approved caretaker would be a safer bet for him than a crazy racist and controlling granddad who didn't want the kid. Or if we want to go hog-wild, she may have feared for her life in a direct or indirect way if she left him. We can scream BOOTSTRAPS at abused/controlled old women forever or at least the rest of the thread, but don't be surprised if it doesn't work.

you are making up a lot of theoretical ways this racist who abandoned her family isn't garbage, why do you feel the need to do that

"maybe she sold her grandchild's soul to the DEVIL HIMSELF and the only way to save them was to disown them!"

"maybe SHE WAS ON THE RUN FROM THE MOBBBBBB!"

"maybe the grandkid is actually Adolf Hitler!"

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

And you can excuse racists who abandon children until you're blue in the face, but society has moved on and your views are near-universally contemptible.
If by "my views" you mean the part where I said I hope I'd be strong enough to leave bad granddad, okay. I feel like it needs to be said I am not endorsing anyone's racism and also, I did not personally do the holocaust or the crucifixion

food court bailiff posted:

you are making up a lot of theoretical ways this racist who abandoned her family isn't garbage, why do you feel the need to do that
this thread seems to be all about making up a lot of wild poo poo; some at least has a factual basis

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 28, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I'm sorry you don't think you'd have the strength of character to not assist a bigot in abandoning a child Anne Whateley, that's probably an accurate summary of your character though certainly not one that applies universally.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 28, 2017

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Outrail posted:

He is getting a payday out of this, the emotional satisfaction of knowing that her darkest hour of need he can not be there for her just like she wasn't there for him.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Barudak posted:

Dad is about to find out that truth is an absolute defense against libel.

But is it a defense for McLibel? Remember, this is knifecrime island, he'll probably end up with an ASBO for cyberbullying.

Also in England: A professor is drinking students' blood:

https://boingboing.net/2017/08/28/psychology-professor-who-resea.html

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Granny is garbage and is looking death in the face and suddenly has the fear of god in her.

The question is just do you want to swallow your pride and gamble on getting some benefit out of it or do you not? Either way it is a personal decision and neither one is really right or wrong.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I think anne isn't really trying to justify granny's behavior so much as saying that it's possible the surrounding circumstances make her forgivable if that's what the OP wanted to do even if it's understandable that they wouldn't want to.

If grandma threw op under the bus to save her own skin it's still awful but a bit more understandable than the grandpa. OP has no obligation to forgive, but it is something they could do if they were interested (whereas if it was the grandpa I would say no regardless).

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

food court bailiff posted:

"maybe she sold her grandchild's soul to the DEVIL HIMSELF and the only way to save them was to disown them!"

"maybe SHE WAS ON THE RUN FROM THE MOBBBBBB!"

"maybe the grandkid is actually Adolf Hitler!"

Mirthless?

---

I [21 F] clogged my bf's [24 m] toilet; poo water to the brim... I should feel mortified, right?

quote:

I've been dating this guy for almost a year; we are very close and I feel very comfortable talking about anything with him - even poop! Recently, we reached the level of closeness where we can say things like "I gotta poo" and we joke about it and giggle etc. I know it sounds gross but I actually find it to be a pretty important element of "intimacy" in a relationship where both people act like themselves/real human beings.

Anyway, he has a really lovely 'electric' toilet on the top floor of an apartment. I've never actually pooed at his place before because I'm afraid of clogging it. But I did for the first time in his place a few days ago and bloody hell it clogged to the top.

At first it was funny, because I wouldn't let him see it and would just keep saying "yeah, it's bad...but I got this" as I spent almost over an hour trying to fix it.

But then I discovered that one of the pipes is leaky - so when I plunged, the water would go down, but some of it would leak out onto the floor through the pipe. The shittiest situation ever. If the toilet wasn't broken it would have been fine.

Then I let him see it and he flushed and the water went back up again. I had to get tf out of there so I just apologized and admitted that I was mortified and told him if he had to get it fixed then I would pay for any expenses. Soooo emmbbbaarrrasssinnnggg right?

He said it was fine, that he wasn't grossed out, that he thought it was funny, and that he was even surprised that 9 months had gone by and it hadn't happened yet. And I keep reminding myself that I'm only human, and I poo, and that's okay, and if he had done the same thing I my place I wouldn't care at all, and I would also think it was funny.

Would y'all be as mortified as I am right now? Am I making it 100 times worse by being so dramatic? Do you think there is anything I can do to make my guy think less about it - for example, when I pee at his place (never pooing there again ever) I don't want him to associate my going to the bathroom with "the incident"

tl;dr: Clogged my guy's toilet - mortified ... read for details. How can I "recover" from the embarrassment? Am I being dramatic?

Don't date poop weirds

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Mirthless?

---

I [21 F] clogged my bf's [24 m] toilet; poo water to the brim... I should feel mortified, right?

Don't date poop weirds

What kind of idiot doesn't poo poo in a bag and carry it out with them when they are in foreign environments? Leave No Trace applies to more than just the forest you disrespectful fuckweasel!

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Someone post that story from the bodybuilding forums about the guy who had to poo poo at his date's house

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Turd - > Flush
Turd - > Flush
Turd - > Flush
Wipe -> Flush -> Leave

If you wipe mroe than once you are killing the polar bears

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
LOL that this thread has a poo poo fit is soon as somebody is coming up with scenarios that might mean a woman isn't at fault

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

My [33/M] wife's [32/F] parents bringing their [40/f] daughter uninvited to events and visits [non-romantic]

quote:

Background for this is a bit strange. My wife's sister, let's call her Theresa, lives with her parents who are both in their early 70s[step father and biological mother]. Theresa does not work, she does not maintain any independence, does not clean, and demands a special diet, she also seems to have very little social ability and just kind of exists in the room. My mother in law doesn't seem to have a problem bringing Theresa along to events uninvited. Situations like us coming for a 4 day weekend visit to the family camp gets taken over by the visit from Theresa. She'll eat the majority of food that we've prepped for the visit, drink the majority of drinks, leaves messes all over the place, attempts to take our 2 young children to the water without permission, and is overall just very unaware of any form of polite etiquette. She makes comments to my mother in law that she "deserves" all of the things my wife and I have, such as newer house and cars, but she expects my mother in law to pay for it all. It makes visits very stressful.

We are currently planning a visit from the in-laws after a family wedding in a few weeks. They are completely invited and we were looking forward to them coming. All of a sudden my mother in law mentions she's bringing Theresa. This is the first time she's attempted bringing Theresa to our home, we live about 13 hours away so most visits are very planned. There's never been an invite extended to Theresa as my wife and myself both have a very hard time dealing with her. My wife and I are having a hard time figuring out how to reject Theresa coming without completely angering my mother in law.

tl;dr: Older adult sister living with in-laws getting brought to events uninvited. How do we say no to her coming to our house without hurting the relationship with in-laws?

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 28, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Wild scenarios are only allowed if they mean massaging the truth such that it is potentially possible that maybe the woman " had it coming "

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

what the hell is an electric toilet

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This is why I have a strict "no pooping at my dates House" when in the first year of the relationship

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Proteus Jones posted:

My [33/M] wife's [32/F] parents bringing their [40/f] daughter uninvited to events and visits [non-romantic]

Try to build a relationship with Teresa, I recommend talking about supernatural dog dicks

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proteus Jones posted:

Burn your house down as they arrive and explain that you'll have to move away.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

what the hell is an electric toilet

Wasn't this also the thread that had the "party toilet "

We never found out what that means

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

Wild scenarios are only allowed if they mean massaging the truth such that it is potentially possible that maybe the woman " had it coming "

Look, spin it how you want she clogged the toilet. I don't have space in my heart for an entire other person and their megaturds

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I feel like the party toilet is more explicable, it's either like a party line or a more than usually festive toilet

what does the electric do for the toilet, except possibly electrocute your butt hole

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
When I was like 13 my diet consisted basically of microwaved cheese quesadillas and eggs, I took dense monster shits and could clog basically any toilet and always hated going to bathrooms at other peoples houses. Her diet probably sucks if it's a consistent problem.

Pick posted:

LOL that this thread has a poo poo fit is soon as somebody is coming up with scenarios that might mean a woman isn't at fault

I think it's more the tone, the same sort of trouble I get in all the time itt. I try to be clear and say "I'm not trying to defend them overall I'm just trying to empathize about this specific point a little" but people will always assume even the smallest attempt at understanding the situation rather than flat out condemnation is apologia. I get what anne is trying to say but people are just gonna read it like "won't someone think of the racist?"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Wait, how does a women clog a toilet with poop? Did she bring some guy's poop to his house? Is she trans or something?

Also seconding 'wtf is an electric toilet'?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Look, spin it how you want she clogged the toilet. I don't have space in my heart for an entire other person and their megaturds

Then maybe you shouldn't have tried to use that fancy electronic toilet instead of one that tries to remove the turds with water. Do you have any idea how much energy it takes to electrify a turd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

I feel like the party toilet is more explicable, it's either like a party line or a more than usually festive toilet

what does the electric do for the toilet, except possibly electrocute your butt hole

Don't kink shame.