Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

im low key nervous that there's been no announcement on the number and variety of pvp maps

The balancing is heavily, heavily pvp-centric to the detriment of the pve so I'd expect a lot of content

Bungo wants a slice of the esports pie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The balancing is heavily, heavily pvp-centric to the detriment of the pve so I'd expect a lot of content

This.

The switch to a competitive 4 man team for regular crucible, I think, shows they have all the intent in the world to take good care of the PvP populace.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

does this mean the crucible community can still get even worse?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

im low key nervous that there's been no announcement on the number and variety of pvp maps

There's 4

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Spiv posted:

This.

The switch to a competitive 4 man team for regular crucible, I think, shows they have all the intent in the world to take good care of the PvP populace.

A certain portion of it

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Spiv posted:

This.

No dedicated servers.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

A certain portion of it

I'm terrible at PvP and look down upon it with disdain. You all look the same to me.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Uh we ran the competitive mode in the beta and Moist was lighting poo poo up, that's a good sign

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Uh we ran the competitive mode in the beta and Moist was lighting poo poo up, that's a good sign

The matchmaking was the same strong sbmm for all modes and I had unbrokens and poo poo, there's absolutely no way that carries over to the full game.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I has been recently playing Fortnite, that have teams of 4. And is super ackward to be the 5th guy in a team. You feel like because of your presence, somebody else is going to be left out.

So you join a team of 4 friends and take the 4th slot, then a friend return. And is like you are in the wrong chair in a movie theater and somebody comes with the ticket.

Why are you doing this to me, Bungie?

Tei fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Aug 28, 2017

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
If they bring back the old style of Halo match making ranks I will never stop playing this game to climb to 50.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DangerDongs posted:

If they bring back the old style of Halo match making ranks I will never stop playing this game to climb to 50.

This is basically what guardian.gg and friends do, but the base game won't because lots of people don't like a performance stat that stalls out halfway to the max and goes down when you have a bad night.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

This is basically what guardian.gg and friends do, but the base game won't because lots of people don't like a performance stat that stalls out halfway to the max and goes down when you have a bad night.

No, but a performance wife? Hell yeah.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
I could look this up myself but I wanted someone to get mad at me and call me mean names for not doing it on my own.

Is the FOV slider thing going to be PC only or PC/PS4 Pro or will it be supported in generic poor loser PS4 too.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Happy Sisyphus posted:

does this mean the crucible community can still get even worse?

Oh, sweet summer child...

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

sunday at work posted:

No dedicated servers.

No, you see, bungie has dedicated p2p hybrid what the gently caress ever that is totally going to not be poo poo!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

theSpokeyDokey posted:

I could look this up myself but I wanted someone to get mad at me and call me mean names for not doing it on my own.

Is the FOV slider thing going to be PC only or PC/PS4 Pro or will it be supported in generic poor loser PS4 too.

PC only so far as we know.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

haveblue posted:

PC only so far as we know.

I didn't get a chance to play the PS4 beta, is the FOV still zoomed all the way the gently caress in or did it get relaxed a bit since no PS3 nonsense this time around. If I can't FOV slide that is fine so long as they pulled back a bit since the game no longer has to support dead console generation anymore.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's still the same.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Serf posted:

I like the idea behind the Adventures. Seems like something they could add more of somewhat easily since they use the existing patrol areas. Some of the most fun I had with Destiny 1 was relaxing after work by doing some bounties and running around in patrol shooting aliens, so more patrol stuff sounds like fun to me.

I too was a patrolman.

Serf
May 5, 2011

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I too was a patrolman.

Few games provide a nice feedback loop like Destiny does. It helps that the game is so fun to actually play, so just shooting guys is plenty of entertainment. After a while I would just throw on a podcast, have a beer and chill out with Destiny.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Destiny and chill with a hot coder wife

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I hope enough people complain about having no lore that they bring the grimoire back in some form for the next expansion.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Or they put a kiosk in the social areas and you can browse destinywiki, an in game web browser that has a page for everything in the game. Literally two or three guardians crowding around trying to figure out the latest story lines!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

elpaganoescapa posted:

I hope enough people complain about having no lore that they bring the grimoire back in some form for the next expansion.

As supplement and not the main source of story, why not? It's a lot of fun for a lot of people, hurts nothing, is more to do in-game.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

elpaganoescapa posted:

The Adventures are meant to replace the lorebuilding of the grimoire but from what I've seen of those I'm not hopeful at all. A codex in game would be nice.

El_Molestadore
Apr 2, 2005

Time to die hero
Goon Squad Europa has risen from the ashes. Any EU goons looking for a clan shoot me a msg here or as "bulbaros" on bungie.net :)

We're a weird collection of Brits and Scandinavians for the most part.

Edit: Forgot to mention we're on PSN.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah, I meant only as a complement. I get that we're getting more story in-game and that's really good, but I still want to read all the cool flash fiction that was the grimoire. The books of sorrow were specially cool and there is no other way of getting that in a game than in text form. Like that dude said, just put some lore stations where you can read it.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Jesus Christ we're only a week away. I gave in and requested the sixth off of work

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/902178444074766336

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
zavala looks like he is taking a mean poo poo there

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

texaholic posted:

Coning

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

El_Molestadore posted:

Goon Squad Europa has risen from the ashes. Any EU goons looking for a clan shoot me a msg here or as "bulbaros" on bungie.net :)

Glad to see Goon Squad Europa rising again from its ashes.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

texaholic posted:

"dropping some orbs"

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
90 minutes? Lmao

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Just bought me a 65 inch LG OLED, sure hope it gets here within 9 days

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

deadwing posted:

Just bought me a 65 inch LG OLED, sure hope it gets here within 9 days

mmmmm.... delicious input lag... :v:

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

El_Molestadore posted:

I'm tempted to join. I'm in the Big Dum Space Mans clan but if you need to switch regions to play with NA folk would Europe players be better off with their own clan?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
you shouldn't need to do anything of the sort on console,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

JorgeHWB posted:

mmmmm.... delicious input lag... :v:

21ms is plenty good

Not quite as good as the 15ms I've got on my office TCL, but still good enough