Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
So yes, you do think the nonviolent counterprotestors at that rally who are suggesting antifa wasn't helpful and created audio-visual propaganda for the right are, in fact, no different than the white supremacists and Trump supporters they were protesting.

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Condiv posted:

tbh it's not super surprising you support fascists after the racist drivel you spouted in an attempt to defend abuela JC.

Jonah Goldberg was right. Liberalism is fascism with a smile.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

So yes, you do think the nonviolent counterprotestors at that rally who are suggesting antifa wasn't helpful and created audio-visual propaganda for the right are, in fact, no different than the white supremacists and Trump supporters they were protesting.

:thunk:

the people you quoted are idiots that are supporting fascists just like you, yes! treating nazis with kid gloves doesn't make them go away, and punching them doesn't make them more popular and powerful. only idiot fascist supporters like you think stupid poo poo like that.

and there's a difference between fascist supporters and fascists: fascist supporters support fascists, while trump's goons are fascists. i thought you were the nuance master?

anyway, get out fascist supporting scum

go hang out on 4chan or something and suck up to the fascists you love so much

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Glazier posted:

Do they though? I think it's more like they feel bad the way you feel bad when you see a penguin eaten by a seal, it's something inevitable and just part of the way life is.

They like to feel bad about it the way a certain type of catholic revels in their original sin—using it both as a signifier of their moral integrity and as an excuse for inaction.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

according to gigantic idiot fascist bootlicker JC, this man is the most popular man in america after being punched and attacked by antifa several times

oh wait, he's a giant loser and everyone knows it and laughs every time he gets his rear end kicked

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

the people you quoted are idiots that are supporting fascists just like you, yes! treating nazis with kid gloves doesn't make them go away, and punching them doesn't make them more popular and powerful. only idiot fascist supporters like you think stupid poo poo like that.

and there's a difference between fascist supporters and fascists: fascist supporters support fascists, while trump's goons are fascists. i thought you were the nuance master?

anyway, get out fascist supporting scum

go hang out on 4chan or something and suck up to the fascists you love so much

So the people who were actually protesting the fascists--peacefully--are fascist enabling scum because they disagree with antifa's tactics.

Stay in France you're not helping here.

Like I'm not even taking a position on whether or not antifa's tactics are helpful or not. I'm calling out the brain dead "they disagree with our tactics therefore they are the enemy" heuristic that defines this thread and your posting.

JeffersonClay fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 28, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

So the people who were actually protesting the fascists--peacefully--are fascist enabling scum because they disagree with antifa's tactics.

they are when they take the side of fascists. just like you! and they make idiot claims like "punching fascists makes them popular :qq:" which has no basis in reality. they're idiots and they're enabling fascists. just like you!

get out fascist enabling scum. go hang out in the peaceful nazi communities you so admire. meanwhile, antifa will keep bashing the fash and protecting people from fascism.

Condiv fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 28, 2017

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
I'm sure the counterprotestors in Berkeley are real happy they've got some expat edgelord in France deciding who's ideologically pure enough to stand up to Trump and the right.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

JeffersonClay posted:

They're not fascists or anything, but they are wrong. A lot of liberals have a dogmatic belief that any sort of political violence is inherently bad and peaceful demonstrations are sufficient to dissuade far-right groups, and you're obviously going to see that reflected in some peoples' opinions. But that position is hardly some objective truth (heck, the latter part is pretty clearly false), and we've already seen evidence that white supremacists are dissuaded from protesting due to the presence of antifa. Also, judging from history, there isn't any reason to be concerned that antifa will somehow spiral out of control and start targeting non-fascists. A few random individuals might, and they should be treated like any other criminal as a result, but the movement as a whole hasn't ever caused the sort of problems liberals seem to be concerned about.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

I'm sure the counterprotestors in Berkeley are real happy they've got some expat edgelord in France deciding who's ideologically pure enough to stand up to Trump and the right.

i'm sure PoC feel totally safe with non-violent nazis who want to genocide them marching through their communities, and i'm sure they appreciate you defending their right to menace PoC unapposed

go hang out with your fascist buddies JC. this is not the thread for you

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Again, I'm not taking a position on the effectiveness of punching nazis, or trump supporters. I'm suggesting Condiv's logic where anyone who disagrees with punching nazis at otherwise peaceful protests is in fact a nazi supporter is real dumb.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Ytlaya posted:

Also, judging from history, there isn't any reason to be concerned that antifa will somehow spiral out of control and start targeting non-fascists. A few random individuals might, and they should be treated like any other criminal as a result, but the movement as a whole hasn't ever caused the sort of problems liberals seem to be concerned about.

Well except for organizing unions and creating working class solidarity, those are definitely problems liberals are concerned about.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

Again, I'm not taking a position on the effectiveness of punching nazis, or trump supporters. I'm suggesting Condiv's logic where anyone who disagrees with punching nazis at otherwise peaceful protests is in fact a nazi supporter is real dumb.

you have and did. sorry, too late to roll that back. you claimed attacking fascists helped make them more popular, despite there being no evidence for that! and so yes, you're a fascist supporter, and not welcome in this thread

people who support people who want to genocide PoC are bad and need to get out. hth

go hang out in stormfront or something JC

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

JeffersonClay posted:

If you've got some reporting that suggests antifa were valiantly defending counterprotestors from violent right wing thugs

the wapo video of antifa beating up a guy they mistook for a nazi cuts out the part where he's a fuckhead in a pinochet shirt who's pepper spraying people unprovoked, courtey of shane bauer, get hosed you stupid poo poo

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

you have and did. sorry, too late to roll that back. you claimed attacking fascists helped make them more popular, despite there being no evidence for that! and so yes, you're a fascist supporter, and not welcome in this thread

people who support people who want to genocide PoC are bad and need to get out. hth

go hang out in stormfront or something JC

Lol no I didn't you illiterate rube.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/julie_johnsoned/status/901986407820009473

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

the wapo video of antifa beating up a guy they mistook for a nazi cuts out the part where he's a fuckhead in a pinochet shirt who's pepper spraying people unprovoked, courtey of shane bauer, get hosed you stupid poo poo

whoops! looks like the fascist supporter got caught supporting fascists!

guess you shouldn't have gone to bat for the nazis huh JC? :thunk:

JeffersonClay posted:

Lol no I didn't you illiterate rube.

sorry, you cast that die yourself

get out fascist supporter

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
Pretty unsurprising to see JC come out as a pro-facism liberal

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Hi, I would not like to be linked with the 'liberal' who is concern trolling about 'antifa violence', because antifa is good.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

sorry, you cast that die yourself

get out fascist supporter

Like my hat is off to you for your epic meltdown here but I'm confident you cannot quote me arguing that punching nazis helps the fascists.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
yeah JC is a piece of work

was particularly fond of his decision that Clinton's sole mistake was being too inclusive of minorities

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

Like my hat is off to you for your epic meltdown here but I'm confident you cannot quote me arguing that punching nazis helps the fascists.

https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/901910367239938048

"that poor peaceful fascist :qq:" - JC

get out fascist supporter. you jumped in to defend fascists and think you can distance yourself from them now and that's just extremely sad

go hang out with the fascists you love so much on r/the_donald

Condiv fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 28, 2017

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Ze Pollack posted:

was particularly fond of his decision that Clinton's sole mistake was being too inclusive of minorities

personally I was a fan of "maybe black men are sexist... i'm just asking questions!"

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Peachfart posted:

Hi, I would not like to be linked with the 'liberal' who is concern trolling about 'antifa violence', because antifa is good.

Do you think the people in the crowd who were actually protesting the right, who were also concerned with antifa, were concern trolling? I don't. And I don't think they're secret nazis. I think they have a legitimate disagreement about tactics.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

JeffersonClay posted:

Do you think the people in the crowd who were actually protesting the right, who were also concerned with antifa, were concern trolling? I don't. And I don't think they're secret nazis. I think they have a legitimate disagreement about tactics.

You suck.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Ze Pollack posted:

Would love to read this quote too. I won't because it exists only in your fevered imagination.

NewForumSoftware posted:

personally I was a fan of "maybe black men are sexist... i'm just asking questions!"

Like black men are just as sexist as white men, and suggesting they are isn't racist.

Condiv posted:

https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/901910367239938048

"that poor peaceful fascist :qq:" - JC

get out fascist supporter. you jumped in to defend fascists and think you can distance yourself from them now and that's just extremely sad

go hang out with the fascists you love so much on r/the_donald

Ok, so you were lying when you said I had argued that antifa was helping the right because I don't see a quote here.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If "getting beaten like a little bitch" is audio-visual propaganda for the right, then so be it.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

Would love to read this quote too. I won't because it exists only in your fevered imagination.

Like black men are just as sexist as white men, and suggesting they are isn't racist.

Ok, so you were lying when you said I had argued that antifa was helping the right because I don't see a quote here.

:lol: no one's falling for your bullshit JC, you idiot fascist bootlicker. you got caught defending nazis, and now you're trying to pretend "i wasn't actually defending nazis (but they were actually non-violent, and this article i quoted proves it!)"

go hang out on freep with all your nazi loving buddies. fascists and fascist supporters are not welcome in this thread

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

JeffersonClay posted:

Oh my God shut the gently caress up, you've been hand wringing about antifa being the aggressors this whole time while going "ah but what about these people who say antifa are helping the right" and you don't have the loving stones to own the fact that that's the argument you're making

The Nazis are the aggressors

Nobody is joining them because they got punched who wouldn't have joined already

You're a poo poo tier poster and if I saw you getting jumped at a protest I would put the boots to yoi

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Condiv posted:

hey jc, do you think this guy's a victim you should defend too?

Is there a context to this image? I have no idea who this guy is.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If you want to make another bitch rear end defense of some bullshit let's go back to the whole "do you have ant proof that antifa weren't the aggressors" thing that you dropped the minute I replied

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Falstaff posted:

he's a nazi who stabbed himself and pretended antifa did it!

http://gizmodo.com/man-who-was-alle...dium=socialflow

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Falstaff posted:

He claimed he got stabbed in the hand by antifa

Turns out he did it himself

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

The Kingfish posted:

They like to feel bad about it the way a certain type of catholic revels in their original sin—using it both as a signifier of their moral integrity and as an excuse for inaction.

Ohh, I'm stealing that!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

Jonah Goldberg's argument in that book is essentially "Hitler was a vegetarian, liberals are vegetarians, therefore (armpit fart)."

Additionally, he thinks that while liberals are fascists, leftists are super-fascists.

FWIW

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

:lol: no one's falling for your bullshit JC, you idiot fascist bootlicker. you got caught defending nazis, and now you're trying to pretend "i wasn't actually defending nazis (but they were actually non-violent, and this article i quoted proves it!)"

go hang out on freep with all your nazi loving buddies. fascists and fascist supporters are not welcome in this thread

No, you made a crazy post were you suggested David Axelrod, a Jew, was in fact a nazi, and I said no he's just disagreeing with antifa's tactics, not their goal. And then you started screaming that I was a nazi too.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Crowsbeak posted:

Fascists are liberals with economic anxiety.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Condiv posted:

he's a nazi who stabbed himself and pretended antifa did it!

http://gizmodo.com/man-who-was-alle...dium=socialflow

lol, thanks, somehow I missed this one.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

No, you made a crazy post were you suggested David Axelrod, a Jew, was in fact a nazi, and I said no he's just disagreeing with antifa's tactics, not their goal. And then you started screaming that I was a nazi too.

for a guy who supposedly knows about nuance, you sure don't see the difference between a fascist enabler and a fascist. do you want me to actually call you a fascist?

oh, and get out fascist enabler. i'm sure they have plenty of nazis to serve on other sites and threads. but they're not welcome here, and their servants (you, call to action, axelrod) aren't either

Condiv fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

steinrokkan posted:

If "getting beaten like a little bitch" is audio-visual propaganda for the right, then so be it.

As a matter of fact it's the only effective anti-fascist propaganda.

Fascist ideology is a hate-golem of fetishized violence and anti-intellectualism. Violent displays of power are the only way to intrude on a fascist worldview and the only "argument" a fascist respects or fears.

• Locked thread