Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

well i'm sold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Dogma got us the story about Kevin Smith making a documentary with Prince, along with the unreleased documentary, which alone justifies its existence.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

it sounded incredible

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

And the rooster goes....

COCKADOODLE-DOOOOOO DOOOO-DOO-DOOOOOO

Yeah, it's the worst thing I think I've ever bought and sat through for multiple viewings. I'm pretty sure now that I showed it to people to gently caress with them in some spiritially disturbing way, like chinese water torture with weak grade battery acid.

It's just awful and absurd for its own sake. And every print of it should be stacked and doused in kerosene for the next burning man, but then Korine would probably still feel artisticly vidicated by moving people to destroy his polished indie film turd.

That it evokes such strong emotions in you speak to it's artistic pedigree

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Clerks 2 was soooooo bad.

It was really good though

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Actually, nvm like 30 minutes of it was good. The first one is perfect.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The first one is perfect with the alternate ending where dante gets loving iced by a random robber while saying "i wasn't even supposed to be here today"

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i liked chasing amy and mallrats cuz i had a huge crush on joey lauren adams. thats my story

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

mallrats had a good soundtrack

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i liked chasing amy and mallrats cuz i had a huge crush on joey lauren adams. thats my story

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Zack and Miri does an excellent job capturing some of my memories of growing up in western NY

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Zack and Miri does an excellent job capturing some of my memories of growing up in western NY

Being poor and getting poo poo on?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I used to work at a restaurant in Oxford, MS, where Joey Lauren Adams lives. She came into the restaurant one time.

I did not yell "hey fingercuffs!" Apparently she hates that.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

McNally posted:

I used to work at a restaurant in Oxford, MS, where Joey Lauren Adams lives. She came into the restaurant one time.

I did not yell "hey fingercuffs!" Apparently she hates that.

Kevin Smith was loving her in the 90's. Proof god is dead

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

A interesting InterAgency Board publication regarding the typical GiP posters residence.

Recommendations on Selection and Use of Personal Protective Equipment and Decontamination Products for First Responders
Against Exposure Hazards to Synthetic Opioids, Including Fentanyl and Fentanyl Analogues

This document is considered public and may be distributed as you see fit.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Crab season is probably over for me. Going out of town to Portland next week.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Really curious what you tell the neighbors about your crabby message.

"Well you see, there's these people I know on the internet and...."

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Neighbors?

I live on a 2.5 acre parcel with a massive green belt. I can run naked if needed.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

LingcodKilla posted:

I can run naked if needed.

Prove it

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Just asked my wife and she recoiled in horror.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

LingcodKilla posted:

:holymoley:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Just asked my wife and she recoiled in horror.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

A interesting InterAgency Board publication regarding the typical GiP posters residence.

Recommendations on Selection and Use of Personal Protective Equipment and Decontamination Products for First Responders
Against Exposure Hazards to Synthetic Opioids, Including Fentanyl and Fentanyl Analogues

This document is considered public and may be distributed as you see fit.

I'm pretty sure we're mostly stoners and drunks here.

Now my neighbors, oh yeah, there's junkies here.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Junkiechat: loving burning man is going on. Our lovely walmart is now just a disaster zone.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Not a matchbook in sight

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I used to think burning man would be cool but then I went to Bonnaroo, twice, and realized I loving hate crowds like that. And burning man is more about art and drugs than music and drugs.

No reason to go crazy and smoke meth in the desert. I'll stick to my hash and the occasional hike.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I don't feel a burning desire to go play hot 'n' stinky desert camping again.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

It's not even art and drugs any more, it's Silicon Valley techbros trying to pretend they have more culture than an Intel clean room.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/burning-man-vip-camp-vandalized-white-party-article-1.2777654

quote:

are they still planning on landing planes on the playa into ready loaded rvs so rich assholes don't even have to deal with the trip from the airport

last year they had walled compounds with entrance lists, wondering what it will take to finally eject those guys since they are literally the antithesis of burning man

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just burn everything down at burning man. Someone should be walking around irresponsibly with a open can of kerosene and an artisan replica 1800s candle while hopped up on bourbon and cocaine.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Why is burning man tolerated? Did it bring money into local economies outside the desert?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Why is burning man tolerated? Did it bring money into local economies outside the desert?

The organizers play ball with every regulation and rule thrown at them, they clean up after themselves, and there's a shitton of money to be made off of selling supplies, ticketing drug users/drunks, and in recent years, Silicon Valley people with more money than sense.

From wikipedia:

quote:

Burning Man has attracted a number of billionaires and celebrities, many of them from Silicon Valley and Hollywood.[142] It has become a networking event for them,[143] with Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk once stating that Burning Man "is Silicon Valley".[142]

These billionaires have paid for more luxurious camps to be set up in recent years. Derisively nicknamed "plug-n-play" or "turnkey" camps, they in general consist of lavish RV's and luxury restroom trailers that are driven into the city and connected together to form de facto gated areas. These billionaires then fly in to the airport on private planes, are driven to their camps, served by hired help (nicknamed "sherpas"), and sleep in air-conditioned beds.[142] One venture capitalist billionaire threw a $16,500-per-head party at his camp.

If you want weird smelly camping with hippies and drugs, there's infinitely better options nowadays.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
The whole thing went down hill when it got big enough that they had to crack down on illegal automatic weapons fire and openly distributing drugs. Wild things and Bohemias are both better when they are unsafe.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Starting to pack my life up to move out of my place for when I go to sea next month. gently caress it's a weird feeling getting ready to leave the house I've spent the last 2 1/2 years in. Hell this is the house I got loving sober in.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

That drat Malcom in the middle episode

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

That drat Malcom in the middle episode

Which one, the one where Hank dreams he's a drug lord?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

redneck nazgul posted:

If you want weird smelly camping with hippies and drugs, there's infinitely better options nowadays.

IE. The appalachian trail, pacific crest trail or continential trail.

Spongebob's & Shimazu'd appalachian trail attempt will always be, uh wait I can't fini

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

I'll be in Portland September 9th & 10th for a class at OHSU. I'll keep my Grindr app up if you wanna meet somewhere :bigtran:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

IE. The appalachian trail, pacific crest trail or continential trail.

Spongebob's & Shimazu'd appalachian trail attempt will always be, uh wait I can't fini

Someday when I have the desire to go back east....

Hahaha. I'll be run through a furnace before I can realistically afford to attempt that again. It was a mutual fuckup.

My anxiety killed the desire to go back after we came off the trail to run back to Memphrika. And shim would probably be divorced or not be in the house he's in.

If I win the lottery or have a good business idea and make real money, then yes, someday I'll go again.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 29, 2017

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Don't hike the AT it's getting overhiked to hell and back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Dead Reckoning posted:

The whole thing went down hill when it got big enough that they had to crack down on illegal automatic weapons fire and openly distributing drugs. Wild things and Bohemias are both better when they are unsafe.

Yeah I remember reading about a dude getting to go up in a Swordfish or F3 and getting to mag dump a machine gun. Then afterwards the decision was made that guns were no longer allowed or whatever. Hard pass, cause that would be the only reason I'd go.

• Locked thread